Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SNIP

Now, this does not all completely add up to BC being guilty, but his actions do not seem to be in line with what many people would do in a similar situation. This, coupled with the fact that she lived in a fairly safe area, would have had to be abducted in daylight, and dumped in daylight, and the closest people to the victim are always under suspicion, it seems completely logical that he receives a very close inspection, unless you have a better suspect.

CyberPro

The problem is that there is no norm for how people act in these situations.

I do agree that the closest people are always the first to be looked at and either determined to be a suspect or cleared so the investigation can move on.

I wish I could remember one of the initial news reports of this case. A reporter mentioned how concerned BC seemed about his wife's whereabouts. It was prior to his news conference just prior to her body being found.

Can any other locals remember this report? I honestly cannot remember which channel it was on as the case was mentioned on ALL of the local stations.

That would be logical and you may be correct but not what I remember hearing from the news media. The CPD were doing a missing person case. A murder case is substantially different. I just hope whoever is doing the investigation does a good job.

What did you hear from the media ?
They certainly did not say the Cary cops 'knew' she was killed in Cary.

One of the pictures in the Pictures thread has the outline of a body near the site where the body was found. Is that red spray paint or has that been photoshopped onto the image? If the latter, how is the location of the body known?

Well I posted the pic and I posted the detailed explanation today (guess you missed it)

I added the red body....it was directly over 2 spays of flowers that were laid in that spot

>> If only we knew how she was killed!

I have no first hand knowledge but I live in the area and keep hearing the rumor of stab wounds. That's the rumor circulating around BC's workplace, etc.

Wow. That goes to blood evidence. (Too bad we don't have the bleach anymore). The only problem with that is, if the home were the site there would be a lot of blood, and there would be blood in the transfer vehicle. And that does not appear to be the case.

I have not heard anyone talking about the case.

I've been out of the loop for a week. Not a frequent poster, but reading, reading, reading. Has the bleach and detergent purchase gone by the wayside? Also the video from 4 a.m.? Where is the mother that posted that info? Has she stopped posting?

>> If only we knew how she was killed!

I have no first hand knowledge but I live in the area and keep hearing the rumor of stab wounds. That's the rumor circulating around BC's workplace, etc.

How would people at Cisco know (except Brad of course) anything about the cause or manner of death ?

This is under seal and only the NCME , the DA and LE knows this information.

I would say this is a rumor based strictly on speculation.

I've been out of the loop for a week. Not a frequent poster, but reading, reading, reading. Has the bleach and detergent purchase gone by the wayside? Also the video from 4 a.m.? Where is the mother that posted that info? Has she stopped posting?

Hi, Brad said it laundry detergent, not 'bleach"

How would people at Cisco know anything about the cause or manner of death ?

ITA with you, JTF, and it just doesn't make sense with what we know from the aftermath.

That would be logical and you may be correct but not what I remember hearing from the news media. The CPD were doing a missing person case. A murder case is substantially different. I just hope whoever is doing the investigation does a good job.

As I stated before, what I remember the news media reporting (and this was prior to ME ID'ing and pronouncing it a homicide) was that if the body that was found was determined to be Nancy Cooper, then CPD would handle the investigation. If it was not Nancy, then the Wake Co. Sheriff's Dept. would handle it. I, too, took it to mean that because they had the open case on her, they would handle it.

Well I posted the pic and I posted the detailed explanation today (guess you missed it)

I added the red body....it was directly over 2 spays of flowers that were laid in that spot

Thanks and sorry I missed it. If this info is not already in the Picture thread, perhaps it could be added.

I would infer that the exact location where the body was found is not known to the public so the location of the flowers may also be inaccurate.

Hi, Brad said it laundry detergent, not 'bleach"

What about the 4 a.m. video?
Has that poster been back to clarify?
Sorry, I know people like me are a pain in the butt. Just trying to get the fax straight.:)

What about the 4 a.m. video?
Has that poster been back to clarify?
Sorry, I know people like me are a pain in the butt. Just trying to get the fax straight.:)

She never mentioned it again.
Brad said he was at the store at 6:15 am and again at 6:45 am.
If he was there at 4 am, I imagine the cops would have cuffed him by now.

How would people at Cisco know (except Brad of course) anything about the cause or manner of death ?

I think that started with Dr. Baden, purely by accident though.:bang:

As I stated before, what I remember the news media reporting (and this was prior to ME ID'ing and pronouncing it a homicide) was that if the body that was found was determined to be Nancy Cooper, then CPD would handle the investigation. If it was not Nancy, then the Wake Co. Sheriff's Dept. would handle it. I, too, took it to mean that because they had the open case on her, they would handle it.

This is slightly different from what I remember hearing some time after her body was found. The news person said LE had not said whether she was killed where the body was found or not and then went on to say what I said initially about the case being handled by the CPD implied death thought to be in Cary. I could have misunderstood or the media person could be wrong. Wish I could find that again.

What did you hear from the media ?
They certainly did not say the Cary cops 'knew' she was killed in Cary.

After NC's body was found, but before it was identified, Wake Cnty police were in charge of the investigation, but the media reported that if the body turned out to be NC's, the CPD would take over. Perhaps if the location of death is not known, the police from the victim's home always take over?

If that is the case, then it would tell us that they didn't think the murder happened where the body was, but they might not actually know where the murder occurred.

I think that started with Dr. Baden, purely by accident though.:bang:

He has a way of screwing things up....blabbing with little or no factual background.

Remember the knurling marks on Michelle :rolleyes:

Thanks to JTF for the photos from the site.

I too had a question on them: Is the location of the imposed red outline based (only) on the location of the flowers you saw there, or some other info?

When looking at the WRAL footage (and other clips from the time after discovery), it was unclear to me if the exact location was between the road and the water, or on the *other* side of the water (ie, with the water being between the road and where she was found (on or near the white erosion tarp))

It seems (from the footage/photos) that there were several LE officers at both these spots, so it was unclear to me. (Or perhaps she was actually IN the water (in the middle), and they were just examining both sides?).

If she was on the far side of the holding reservoir (on or near the white erosion tarp), that would seem curious: would have required someone to walk all the way to the *other* side of the pond. On the other hand, if she was found just between the road and the reservoir, why so much interest from LE over near the white tarp?

Thanks again for posting the photos... [ BTW, I think your photos with the red outline may be earlier in this thread - not actually on the "Photos" thread yet?]

This is slightly different from what I remember hearing some time after her body was found. The news person said LE had not said whether she was killed where the body was found or not and then went on to say what I said initially about the case being handled by the CPD implied death thought to be in Cary. I could have misunderstood or the media person could be wrong. Wish I could find that again.

Press conference stating CPD & Sheriff working together.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3207084/

I got the impression from a news report, not this press conference. Unfortunately I cannot find that video. But, it does confirm what JTF stated that they do work closely together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay