Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm not getting why we are concerned she left a purse in her car :confused:

What does that have to do with Brad Cooper and the murder ?

Just the Fax...for the same reason others are posting. Was he trying to get her vehicle somewhere else to move the crime scene focus elsewhere? Did the girls get up to soon or daylight come to quick and he could be seen?

Has her cell been confirmed to be in the house or are we just assuming it was? That will open up other reasons if it was in her purse in her car. I feel we have to look at the small things to get a bigger picture of this puzzle.

IMO she wouldn't have left a $1200 purse in the car for any period of time. Everyone has a personal red flag in this case and mine is this LV.

It was reported by the media Brad is on 'paid administrative leave' with Cisco.
That is not family leave or a form of extended vacation.

Sounds like they asked Brad to stay home until the investigation is complete or he is cleared :eek:

Similar case with cisco...

These employees will remain on paid administrative leave throughout the remainder of our internal investigation.

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cach...strative+leave+cisco&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Just the Fax...for the same reason others are posting. Was he trying to get her vehicle somewhere else to move the crime scene focus elsewhere? Did the girls get up to soon or daylight come to quick and he could be seen?

Has her cell been confirmed to be in the house or are we just assuming it was? That will open up other reasons if it was in her purse in her car. I feel we have to look at the small things to get a bigger picture of this puzzle.

IMO she wouldn't have left a $1200 purse in the car for any period of time. Everyone has a personal red flag in this case and mine is this LV.

Also didn't BC make a statement (his only public one) that they were having marital issues, but he did not think they were bad enough for NC to want to run away or leave. (paraphrasing)....maybe trying to set the scene that NC was kidnapped in driveway as she was getting ready to run off?
JMO

Sorry about being short in my post.
I guess I am the only one that does not smell a rat concerning the purse or her cell phone.

I do see your point about moving the vehicle, but how does he explain being seen walking back from the coffee shop ?

Question to CM: "...any chance that she said she was going running when in fact she was going to meet someone?"

CM: "Absolutely not absolutely not. She mentioned the night before that she was getting a jog in in the morning and that's what we expect happened."

Also,

Question: "Do you have any reason to believe that Brad had anything to do with Nancy's disappearance?"

CM: "I have no reason at all to believe that."

No, I'm pretty sure she would recogize the difference between them. The IP phone would connect to the router. A traditional line plugs into traditional phone outlets.

Yes, if Nancy used the IP phone, Brad could track of her calls.

Well, that is what Nancy's friends are alleging as they would be in the middle of a conversation and they would suddenly be disconnected for no reason.

JMHo
fran

Question to CM: "...any chance that she said she was going running when in fact she was going to meet someone?"

CM: "Absolutely not absolutely not. She mentioned the night before that she was getting a jog in in the morning and that's what we expect happened."

Also,

Question: "Do you have any reason to believe that Brad had anything to do with Nancy's disappearance?"

You need to help us here, who is CM ?

No, I'm pretty sure she would recogize the difference between them. The IP phone would connect to the router. A traditional line plugs into traditional phone outlets.

Yes, if Nancy used the IP phone, Brad could track of her calls.

Couldn't he also keep track of her calls with a landline service?

I wonder when Jessica called 911 and was sitting in front of the house did she get out and look in the car. If she did maybe she saw the cell phone sitting in the car. If not there would be no way of knowing if the phone was in the car or in the house.
That's what I figure she did. She met police at their house shortly after she called 911. When I listened to the call, I came away thinking Jessia somehow saw Nancy's phone in her car..how else would she know it was there?

It was reported by the media Brad is on 'paid administrative leave' with Cisco.
That is not family leave or a form of extended vacation.

Sounds like they asked Brad to stay home until the investigation is complete or he is cleared :eek:

Similar case with cisco...

These employees will remain on paid administrative leave throughout the remainder of our internal investigation.

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cach...strative+leave+cisco&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
public shaming:eek:

Also,

Thanks for the info Bob&Bob:

Do you have a link to that conversation?

Thank you,
fran

I personally can't believe she left a LV in her car when there has been an increase of breakins around here. Within 3 months there have been 7 vandalism & burglary (some forcible) cases around her home with .5 of a mile. Extend the date or range and it increases much more.

I feel sure she would have awareness about this since she was out and about daily. Word of all the breakins spread quick and became common knowlege to the area. A $1200 purse left in a car, car possibly not in the garage. By the sounds of it, she couldn't go buy another one if this was stolen. The thieves are wanting purses, wallets, laptops, and GPS. If she was not wanting BC to get into it, the keys were on the counter so he could get to it.

I just don't think she would be this careless. IMO

IF she thought Brad didn't have a duplicate set of keys I can understand this...she maybe wanted her personal stuff out of his range where he couldn't get to it. But the phone puzzles me. From what I've read (if it is true) about her sleeping in her room with the girls and the door locked, I would think she would want her phone with her as a further means of protection. I know I would. But, she was at a party. She probably did have a few drinks, no harm in that. And yet, sometimes, that leaves you making unwise decisions at the end of the night. Like leaving your stuff in your car. Or telling your husband you and the kids are leaving tomorrow.

JMO

I think it's funny the cops have not named a POI or a suspect.
Sounds like the Cisco attorneys can read between the lines ;)

This leads to a BIG QUESTION: Have the Cary police brought in the search and rescue dogs or bloodhounds or what have you to track Nancy's scent from the house? If they haven't used dogs, WHY NOT?

It will be interesting to hear what all they have netted from their investigation.

Hi

I'm new to posting but have been reading here for a couple of years and have followed every word of this case both here and all the news links from the beginning. I finally decided to post.

I was wondering the very same thing about the dogs. It seems they got right on the case immediately, the media became involved stat, but the dogs were missing and that question hasn't been asked until now. Glad you asked and hope we get lots of replies.

I think it's funny the cops have not named a POI or a suspect.
Sounds like the Cisco attorneys can read between the lines ;)

OK, everyone knows where I stand here, I've been pretty adament. :crazy:

However, I will step in here and I do NOT think we should read anything into him being on administrative leave. His wife was just murdered. No matter what, he's grieving and his life is in turmoil. They probably do NOT want him there in that condition. I would think they're doing it as a gesture of human kindness.

Even in murder cases, someone has to show a heart. Why not Cisco?

JMHO,
fran

It is very frustrating to write something and try to post it only to have the server down. I'll try again.

About JA riding by the house: Perhaps, instead, she had talked with someone who lived in close proximity to the house who could look out their window and see the car in the driveway.

Also, about the 911 call: I got the impression that someone came into the room while she was on the phone. I heard a chair scrapping on the floor. Maybe it was JA, maybe it was someone else. Did any of you get the same impression or is it just my imagination?

The question about the car being in the driveway or the garage is a good one. Knowing what we know about BC I would not be surprised if his car was kept in the garage. OTH, her car was newer, seems like that car would be in the garage - especially if it was leased (how did you know it was leased, JTF?). Of course, maybe her car was easier to get to with kids and all if it was outside. Lots of maybes here, I know.

BUT...if I had used that car to haul a body in I don't think I would park it right out front for anyone to see...UNLESS it was ALWAYS outside.

This is just me thinking out loud....

So, the other things above may not be significant or worth responding to. But, I do wonder if anyone else thought someone was present during the 911 call. Just me?

OK, everyone knows where I stand here, I've been pretty adament. :crazy:

However, I will step in here and I do NOT think we should read anything into him being on administrative leave. His wife was just murdered. No matter what, he's grieving and his life is in turmoil. They probably do NOT want him there in that condition. I would think they're doing it as a gesture of human kindness.

Even in murder cases, someone has to show a heart. Why not Cisco?

JMHO,
fran
This is a global company
They would not set precedent by allowing an extended paid leave just because an employee's spouse died.

HR departments in large companies are very concerned about setting a precedent. What happens when they don't allow Susie "Paid leave" when her husband is killed ?

So, the other things above may not be significant or worth responding to. But, I do wonder if anyone else thought someone was present during the 911 call. Just me?

I noticed the sound of the chair moving in the background of the call. I just assumed it was her husband.

As for your question about the lease. The car does not show up on their county tax account which is typical for a lease. I can't remember if it was addressed in one of BC's affidavits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper