Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right...and I also get the feeling ...since Brad Coopers lawyers want them UN sealed... and the judge/DA saying this could give A defendant an unfair trail... there is someone else beside BC to look at.

Now I get the total opposite from that. Brad's lawyers want them unsealed because then, if it ever goes to trial, they can ask for a change of venue which would be favorable for Brad.

http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_NCXX.html

Their flag is red white and blue and the state flower is dogwood.

Their motto is Esse quam videri

President James Knox Polk was born there. I'm assuming this
is who Angelina named her new child after.

I was able to watch the end of the hearing. I got a glimpse of
the judge, heard people talking and then the camera zoomed in
on a wall and then that was it.

Now I get the total opposite from that. Brad's lawyers want them unsealed because then, if it ever goes to trial, they can ask for a change of venue which would be favorable for Brad.

I've been thinking they'll ask for that anyway...he's already been slandered in the entire subdivision and this part of town. :waitasec:

I've been thinking they'll ask for that anyway...he's already been slandered in the entire subdivision and this part of town. :waitasec:
But he would probably be slandered more if they were unsealed...unless he's sure they have nothing...which is possible.

YooHoo! Saint & Momof3, you can't leave until you tell me what happened!! I couldn't hear it!

I can't watch or listen but why would BC's attorney want them unsealed?

If BC's attorney wanted those warrants unsealed he would have thrown in with the legal team representing the media to help argue the reasons for them to be unsealed. He didn't do it. He no more wants those unsealed than to be shot in the head.

The only reason BC's lawyer wanted the autopsy report was because it would describe the clothing found with the body. The motion for ex parte said Nancy did not go running - the lawyer wanted to be able to say see- shorts, tennis shoes, just like Brad said - she went running Brad is innocent. That is all that bluster was about in my opinion. Spoiled turnip.

But he would probably be slandered more if they were unsealed...unless he's sure they have nothing...which is possible.

Oh I agree with you too. I'm just thinking I don't recall a case that has been in the news this much locally, ICR, I don't even think the Michelle Young case was covered in the general news as much. I know it was covered here but was in the general media as much. I don't think there was as much public knowledge about a bad marriage either. Could be wrong. I didn't follow that one as close although it was just nearby.

If BC's attorney wanted those warrants unsealed he would have thrown in with the legal team representing the media to help argue the reasons for them to be unsealed. He didn't do it. He no more wants those unsealed than to be shot in the head.

The only reason BC's lawyer wanted the autopsy report was because it would describe the clothing found with the body. The motion for ex parte said Nancy did not go running - the lawyer wanted to be able to say see- shorts, tennis shoes, just like Brad said - she went running Brad is innocent. That is all that bluster was about in my opinion. Spoiled turnip.

As much as hate some of the speculation, this makes a whole lot of sense. I think the BC defense team is fine with Casey and Caylee dominating the news coverage.

Oh I agree with you too. I'm just thinking I don't recall a case that has been in the news this much locally, ICR, I don't even think the Michelle Young case was covered in the general news as much. I know it was covered here but was in the general media as much. I don't think there was as much public knowledge about a bad marriage either. Could be wrong. I didn't follow that one as close although it was just nearby.

The Kathleen Peterson case was in the news a lot. I think some of that had to do w/ Mike Peterson having a media connection (he had publicly been very critical of Durham PD). I was very surprised his defense team didn't request a change of venue.

I have a friend who lives in Michelle Young's neighborhood and I was sort of teasing him a couple months ago about living in the "crime area". Guess I got my just reward...since I live one street from the Coopers! That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut. LOL

Warrants are a sequential process for the most part. if one is issued and something is found leading in whatever direction - another will be issued containing the initial reason and the next reason - hope that makes sense.
In other words, if something is found as a result of the first warrant - then there will be more warrants with affidavits including the cause to proceed. This is why you did not see warrants issued to the house and the place of employment at the same time - something leads them somewhere. The third warrant was 4 days after the second - it is reasonable to believe that something was found during the execution of the second which lead LE to the person or location of the third.

Like a snowball- just gets bigger as it rolls til it gets to the bottom.

To get a search warrant at Cisco - something was found to make them go there. LE has something.

RC were you watching? Did Brad's attorney say anything at all of any importance today? I just could not imagine why in the world the attorney would want these warrants open. You're right about the autopsy report IMO.

Warrants are a sequential process for the most part. if one is issued and something is found leading in whatever direction - another will be issued containing the initial reason and the next reason - hope that makes sense.
In other words, if something is found as a result of the first warrant - then there will be more warrants with affidavits including the cause to proceed. This is why you did not see warrants issued to the house and the place of employment at the same time - something leads them somewhere. The third warrant was 4 days after the second - it is reasonable to believe that something was found during the execution of the second which lead LE to the person or location of the third.

To get a search warrant at Cisco - something was found to make them go there. LE has something.

Yep. I agree with this.

I have a friend who lives in Michelle Young's neighborhood and I was sort of teasing him a couple months ago about living in the "crime area". Guess I got my just reward...since I live one street from the Coopers! That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut. LOL

I could almost laugh if it weren't so true. I have friends through my childrens school that live in M. Youngs neighborhood. What got me so involved with this case is that one of my children frequently walks the lake area in Lochmere and before NC was found I was concerned for the kids safety. We don't live there but my kids hangout with friends and frequent Java Jive too. Did you see they renamed one of their smoothies after one of NC/BC' girls. That was a favorite smoothie in my household.

Pheeew. Thank goodness. I was scared there for a minute. Not that I want it to be Brad...but I was hoping they had SOMETHING of use. Thanks Raisin.

RC were you watching? Did Brad's attorney say anything at all of any importance today? I just could not imagine why in the world the attorney would want these warrants open. You're right about the autopsy report IMO.

I was told he was sitting in the public section - said zero and wasn't involved - spectator only.

I could almost laugh if it weren't so true. I have friends through my childrens school that live in M. Youngs neighborhood. What got me so involved with this case is that one of my children frequently walks the lake area in Lochmere and before NC was found I was concerned for the kids safety. We don't live there but my kids hangout with friends and frequent Java Jive too. Did you see they renamed one of their smoothies after one of NC/BC' girls. That was a favorite smoothie in my household.
No, I haven't been in Java Jive since this all happened but used to go frequently before the gas crunch. (fancy coffee was the first "luxury" to go) I was very concerned because I'm a runner...training for a 1/2 marathon...and run Nancy's same route. Plus, I've seen her running before. Because she is/was so tall and lean, you can't help but take a second look. That is why I had a feeling she never went running. SOMEONE would have noticed. There are a ton of us out running and walking that time of morning. Lots of peple in Lochmere are early risers...and a lot have doggys that need walking.

I was told he was sitting in the public section - said zero and wasn't involved - spectator only.

Thanks!! If there is any chance in you-know-where that unsealing these warrants will damage any evidence/case the prosecution may have then I hope they stay sealed. Even though I know we're all having a fit to find out what the will reveal. :crazy:

Last thing about leased vehicles and license plates. I checked our vehicle that is leased and it does not appear under our name for taxes. That car is not here at the house or I would look it up by license plate (I don't have the plates memorized).

The blue plates are being phased out and replaced by the red ones. They are starting w/ the oldest blue ones currently on cars and replacing them at the time of renewal. All new standard plates being issued are red. And all of the writing on the plates is red. The sticker color varies based on the year.

The stickers should definitely be on the plate, but as someone else said, they could still be attached to the registration card.

Then the stickers from 2007 should still be visible on the plates until removed for the new or pasted over by the new. There were no stickers period - no old ones, no new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana