Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if affidavits to authorities differ from the custody affidavits? Could this be a reason that LE wants them sealed?
I can't recall anything from the custody affidavits that would cause them to search his office at Cisco other than maybe evidence that he listened and recorded her phone conversations while at work. According to the building blocks that Raisin refers to; I think it has more to do what they found at the house that made them want to look at Cisco. One builds on the other.

http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_NCXX.html

Their flag is red white and blue and the state flower is dogwood.

Their motto is Esse quam videri

President James Knox Polk was born there. I'm assuming this
is who Angelina named her new child after.

I was able to watch the end of the hearing. I got a glimpse of
the judge, heard people talking and then the camera zoomed in
on a wall and then that was it.

knox leon jolie-pitt was named after the brad pitt's maternal grandfather,
Hal Knox Hillhouse who died when brad was 11.

The custody affidavits from the friends are dated July 22 and July 23 - the search was almost a week prior - they could have not had anything to do with the affidavit required for a search warrant. The affidavit for a search warrant is supplied by an LE officer and is based on his training, experience and observations. What he says is hearsey until evidence is found to confirm it.

Thanks - that makes sense. It seems reasonable to conclude that there is more of substance (or at least several undisclosed details) contained within the SWs affidavits than what was in the custody affidavits.

[ Even if the SW affidavit is "heresay" (the LE officer's expert opinion), I assume it would not (or not likely) be sufficient for that opinion to be solely based on interviews with the same neighbors who provided the custody affidavits, and just have similar information ]

As Roy said though... "Who knows". :)

I can't recall anything from the custody affidavits that would cause them to search his office at Cisco other than maybe evidence that he listened and recorded her phone conversations while at work. According to the building blocks that Raisin refers to; I think it has more to do what they found at the house that made them want to look at Cisco. One builds on the other.

Probably so.

I think it has more to do what they found at the house that made them want to look at Cisco. One builds on the other.

So it wouldn't be where they perhaps didn't find anything particularly valuable investigation-wise at the house and THEN decided to look in his office and on his computers at Cisco? Is it always true that a subsequent SW (has to) build on an earlier one in order to be signed?

Me mum and I want to come to meetup, but I am on my way out of the office. I will check back in tonight :)

do any of you feel that it was predmeditated murder?

"premeditation" as a legal term means there was a thought of doing it ahead of the time he did it...could be a little as the minute before (or even several seconds before).

I think it wasn't pre-planned, but yes, I think it was "pre-meditated" in the legal sense.

do any of you feel that it was predmeditated murder?
Everytime I want to say "no", I think of "the list", which was written a long while back. The one refering to wills, insurance policies, blue book and the kids' favorite things.

Everytime I want to say "no", I think of "the list", which was written a long while back. The one refering to wills, insurance policies, blue book and the kids' favorite things.

I could see this as a checklist for the separation/divorce/custody as well.

I will tell you guys that this case is just very interesting to me. I have real problems with somethings on both innocence and guilt. I have a feeling that LE is doing a bang up job on this case.

I could name numerous things but let's try this. Name the one thing that bothers you most about BC's possibility of innocence or guilt that you know of. It can be one subtle little thing. I will start.

Guilt---Just the fact that he did not go to his wife's memorial bothers me. I don't care what the reason is.

Innocence---LE was very anxious to get DNA from BC. I wonder if some DNA was found via semen or fingernail scrapings that will point to another perp. Unless there is some questionable emails about a murder for hire.

What if affidavits to authorities differ from the custody affidavits? Could this be a reason that LE wants them sealed?

Yes definitely. Also if there is a confidential informat the DA will defnitely ask for the warrants to be sealed. Sealing also is known to happen if there is more than one person suspected. There are other reasons.

WOW!! I AM SO IMPRESSED.

Just wanted to let you all know you are doing a great job with keeping us up to date.

Thanks to our members who live in the area and thanks to those who know the people in the case. On behalf of WS we appreciate you participating.

I read that some of you are going to meet up where Nancy was found. If you have any interesting pictures please post them. If you have any trouble PM me.

Thank you again and keep up the good work. MANY people read at this forum and as we know, law enforcement does too :)

Thank you,
Tricia

"premeditation" as a legal term means there was a thought of doing it ahead of the time he did it...could be a little as the minute before (or even several seconds before).

I think it wasn't pre-planned, but yes, I think it was "pre-meditated" in the legal sense.

you're right. i meant planned out well in advance of that night/early morning.

Right...and I also get the feeling ...since Brad Coopers lawyers want them UN sealed... and the judge/DA saying this could give A defendant an unfair trail... there is someone else beside BC to look at.

When was that mentioned? I listened to the hearing and must have missed that part.

Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member