Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see this as a checklist for the separation/divorce/custody as well.

yes, the list would work for getting ready for a custody battle. it's possible that he meant to get nancy's name off his will and sell her car before she went back to canada.

you're right. i meant planned out well in advance of that night/early morning.

I just don't know--we don't have the evidence to make a determination one way or the other.

I can't even say if I truly think he's guilty without looking at all the evidence. Statistically, it's usually the intimate partner, but I need to see the evidence first and little-to-none has been released at this juncture.

So it wouldn't be where they perhaps didn't find anything particularly valuable investigation-wise at the house and THEN decided to look in his office and on his computers at Cisco? Is it always true that a subsequent SW (has to) build on an earlier one in order to be signed?

Not necessarily but it is common. A search warrant can be obtained if there is a confidential informant for example - in which case that warrant would have little to do with the others that may have been issued.

Let me ask you - if they found nothing at that house - why bother with Cisco? Surely Nancy wasn't murdered there.

Let me ask you - if they found nothing at that house - why bother with Cisco? Surely Nancy wasn't murdered there.

Well they could be looking for information that may show his involvements with others, communication that isn't on the home computer, searches that indicate something (preplanning), or who knows what. Not so much for physical/DNA type evidence but more for information about his activities, is what I'm thinking.

did any neighbors report the lights being on all night at the cooper's house?
yelling? a car leaving at an odd hour?
is their house close enough to neighbor's homes to hear domestic fights?

was it normal for nancy to call the friend from whose home she had just left to tell them she arrived back at her home safely? was this done that night?

I just don't know--we don't have the evidence to make a determination one way or the other.

I can't even say if I truly think he's guilty without looking at all the evidence. Statistically, it's usually the intimate partner, but I need to see the evidence first and little-to-none has been released at this juncture.

scott's H's aff was odd and he places himself at the area where nancy was found, (Lochmere), saying that he and nancy had run together there a few times. he would have knowledge that it was a secluded area.
it is like scott peterson saying he was fishing at the spot where laci's body washed up.

does scott have an alibi?

was scott at the same neighborhood party that nancy was at that night?

Not necessarily but it is common. A search warrant can be obtained if there is a confidential informant for example - in which case that warrant would have little to do with the others that may have been issued.

I really believe that LE would have arrested BC by now if she were murdered in that house. This isn't like the Touma case. Surely, LE has pinpointed Time of death and manner of death seems pretty violent if you believe any reports at all. They also have the phone calls. If Brad did this, I believe he went out after Nancy went jogging in the morning. Or he hired someone else to do it. That is my thinking.

Well they could be looking for information that may show his involvements with others, communication that isn't on the home computer, searches that indicate something (preplanning), or who knows what. Not so much for physical/DNA type evidence but more for information about his activities, is what I'm thinking.

You will find that if LE took the hard drives from his home computers - the ability to retrieve the electronic data from the hard drive will require another warrant to do so.

Same would be true for instance if LE confiscated cell phones - they will need another warrant to retrieve the electronic data from the phones. Just confiscating stuff at the home under a warrant does not allow them to retrieve data - only to sieze the related equipment.

It is a given I think that the search at Cisco was for exactly as you say but if Brad is innocent or LE believes him to be innocent - there is no reason to search Cisco. He wasn't murdered, Nancy was - his office has nothing to do with her.

I really believe that LE would have arrested BC by now if she were murdered in that house. This isn't like the Touma case.

No it isn't like the Touma case. It's more like the Scott Peterson case, except the body was found right away. Peterson killed his wife in their home and LE was never able to determine exactly where/how/time/cause of death. And note that the murder happened Dec 24, 2002 and Peterson was arrested the following April 2003 when they feared he was getting ready to flee.

Hi....I have not posted much but have read everything at least once.....

I am just around the corner from Java Jive and the place she was found..... If you

do plan a field trip, please let me know, if it is not too late.

I think she found it in Dec. before they decided to separate. i may be wrong.

I checked the affidavits and Hannah Prichard only says it was found w/in the past 6 months and Diana Duncan says it was found sometime this past winter. She does state she told Nancy to tell her lawyer about it. I thought her family said Nancy didn't retain an attorney until March.

I really believe that LE would have arrested BC by now if she were murdered in that house. This isn't like the Touma case. Surely, LE has pinpointed Time of death and manner of death seems pretty violent if you believe any reports at all. They also have the phone calls. If Brad did this, I believe he went out after Nancy went jogging in the morning. Or he hired someone else to do it. That is my thinking.

Roy,

LE can't simply look at evidence and say yes that proves it. I believe it was Just the Fax that posted a link that indicated the labs for the forensics require 60 days to complete their end of the deal. LE can think something happened but until all the data is there that the DA requires or an eye witness - verifiable credibility - no way are they going to arrest until they can prove the case.

LE in NC and the DA have to be very cautious - NC is not a recipricol discovery state and the minute a person is arrested, the DA must begin handing over the evidence to the defense lawyer. They simply are not going to arrest until they have a solid case. The arrests you do see - usuaully are because LE believes the person is a danger to the public. In this case LE probably does not believe that - isolated - not random those are all cover that indicate they have an idea of exactly who committed the crime.

ETA - after she left and a hire - possible which means LE would be looking for that individual and combing Brads stuff for the connection between the two - another reason to seal warrants

You will find that if LE took the hard drives from his home computers - the ability to retrieve the electronic data from the hard drive will require another warrant to do so.

ahhh thanks for the clarification on that.

but if Brad is innocent or LE believes him to be innocent - there is no reason to search Cisco.

Right. Clearly LE doesn't believe Brad to be "innocent" of this crime--at least not right now. And they are trying to make a case and trying to find evidence to link him.

No it isn't like the Touma case. It's more like the Scott Peterson case, except the body was found right away. Peterson killed his wife in their home and LE was never able to determine exactly where/how/time/cause of death. And note that the murder happened Dec 24, 2002 and Peterson was arrested the following April 2003 when they feared he was getting ready to flee.

It isn't like the Peterson case either because they have no body. The Peterson case is like the Caylee/Casey case.

I am just around the corner from Java Jive and the place she was found..... If you do plan a field trip, please let me know, if it is not too late.

It's not too late...we just floated the idea within the past couple hours and no plans have been established yet.

Come one, come all.

It isn't like the Peterson case either because they have no body. The Peterson case is like the Caylee/Casey case.

??? Laci's and Connor's bodies washed ashore right before Scott Peterson was arrested, in April. They knew Laci was dead but didn't have proof until she washed ashore. But they were never able to determine a time/cause/place of death.

Roy,

LE can't simply look at evidence and say yes that proves it. I believe it was Just the Fax that posted a link that indicated the labs for the forensics require 60 days to complete their end of the deal. LE can think something happened but until all the data is there that the DA requires or an eye witness - verifiable credibility - no way are they going to arrest until they can prove the case.

LE in NC and the DA have to be very cautious - NC is not a recipricol discovery state and the minute a person is arrested, the DA must begin handing over the evidence to the defense lawyer. They simply are not going to arrest until they have a solid case. The arrests you do see - usuaully are because LE believes the person is a danger to the public. In this case LE probably does not believe that - isolated - not random those are all cover that indicate they have an idea of exactly who committed the crime.

ETA - after she left and a hire - possible which means LE would be looking for that individual and combing Brads stuff for the connection between the two - another reason to seal warrants

You don't think if they had any evidence of a struggle in the house or a TOD discrepancy, BC would still not be named a person of interest. I really am just asking and am not familiar with NCar. law. I think they would have DNA back on this by now if they have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enni007