Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I listen to the radio cast on KDKARadio a question comes to mind. I assume all of the computers were confiscated out of the Cooper's home as a part of the Search Warrant. If so, how would Brad be able monitor this webslueths website? I would guess that the lawyers are actively looking, but would Brad have his computers back yet to do so? Just curious.

Hi :)

Good questions.

Are you new around here? If so,

:Welcome-12-june:

did the coopers have dogs?

where were they?
don't women jog with their dogs?

excerpt:
There are so many stories and not enough space here – the cartwheels we did in Nancy’s dining & living room late one night (she didn’t have furniture at the time), when she got her dogs, talking about her interest in Art History, fixing salmon on the grill and others.

http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/tragic-news.html

As I listen to the radio cast on KDKARadio a question comes to mind. I assume all of the computers were confiscated out of the Cooper's home as a part of the Search Warrant. If so, how would Brad be able monitor this webslueths website? I would guess that the lawyers are actively looking, but would Brad have his computers back yet to do so? Just curious.

brad would borrow scott's, another friend's or most probably buy a new one.
he has to help plan his defense.

and he's patiently s waiting for Bob&Bob to upload his
"Spreadsheet Analyzation of Affadavits." (sic)

did the coopers have dogs?
where were they?
don't women jog with their dogs?
excerpt:
There are so many stories and not enough space here – the cartwheels we did in Nancy’s dining & living room late one night (she didn’t have furniture at the time), when she got her dogs, talking about her interest in Art History, fixing salmon on the grill and others.
http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/tragic-news.html
They had dogs, but rehomed them because one of the daughters was allergic. That Nancy's sister Krista, and/or Nancy's mom and dad, had dogs was a concern to Brad in his rebuttal to the temporary custody. The Lister and Rentz families have to keep the children away from the dogs.

Just caught up on this thread and wanted to post a few clarifying things concerning Interact. I worked there a few years ago. My info is current as of 2000.

Interact is a service for men or women who are survivors of rape or domestic violence. They do not work directly with children unless they are also working with the survivor (.i.e., Mom or Dad).

They can provide services other than shelter. They offer counseling, court advocacy, help finding the necessities such as travel and food, and referrals for other agencies.

A woman (or man) does not have to have already left the abusive partner in order to qualify for services.

Hospital employees or law enforcement officials may contact Interacy if they feel someone may benefit from their services, but the person has to consent to those services. Interact doesn't work with anyone who doesn't actively accept their services.

Interact's services are free, but that doesn't mean they are for low-income people. People at all SEC levels use their services. (As an aside, you'd be surprised how many "well-off" women don't have the financial resources to leave,esp. if children are involved.)

I can't verify that the range of services hasn't broadened since then, but I visited friends who still work there about a month ago and they didn't mention anything specific about new services.

Hope that helps your sleuthing.

Daphne

PS That was what made me ask about the subpoena, RC. Seems like someone may know that NC had been in contact with them.

good point. I have never heard of those artists. 16 paintings x $8,000 = $128,000. Which is ridiculously stupid. My personal opinion would be a total of $8,000. $500 per sounds more reasonable.

But still, that's an awfully lot of paintings. Sorry, but that house just doesn't look big enough to support that many paintings.

$128,000, I could buy a condo.

where are the artists listed? probably just one painting was $8,000 and not all of them.

some people buy paintings as an investsment.

They had dogs, but rehomed them because one of the daughters was allergic. That Nancy's sister Krista, and/or Nancy's mom and dad, had dogs was a concern to Brad in his rebuttal to the temporary custody. The Lister and Rentz families have to keep the children away from the dogs.

that's right, thanks. research has now shown that many people with allergies have them because they didn't have pets as children. there is a school of thought that a child will outgrow pet allergies if pets remain in the home.

Just caught up on this thread and wanted to post a few clarifying things concerning Interact. I worked there a few years ago. My info is current as of 2000.

Interact is a service for men or women who are survivors of rape or domestic violence. They do not work directly with children unless they are also working with the survivor (.i.e., Mom or Dad).

They can provide services other than shelter. They offer counseling, court advocacy, help finding the necessities such as travel and food, and referrals for other agencies.

A woman (or man) does not have to have already left the abusive partner in order to qualify for services.

Hospital employees or law enforcement officials may contact Interacy if they feel someone may benefit from their services, but the person has to consent to those services. Interact doesn't work with anyone who doesn't actively accept their services.

Interact's services are free, but that doesn't mean they are for low-income people. People at all SEC levels use their services. (As an aside, you'd be surprised how many "well-off" women don't have the financial resources to leave,esp. if children are involved.)

I can't verify that the range of services hasn't broadened since then, but I visited friends who still work there about a month ago and they didn't mention anything specific about new services.

Hope that helps your sleuthing.

Daphne

PS That was what made me ask about the subpoena, RC. Seems like someone may know that NC had been in contact with them.

Thanks Daphne - appreciate the info very much.

YESSSS!!

She is so awesome!!

She is telling us the Brad went back to Harris Teeter 'demanding' his transactions for that Saturday (transactions recorded on his Vic card).

what is a Vic card?

what is a Vic card?

It's Harris Teeter's branded consumer purchase card--so a shopper can get specials/discounts and other promotional deals. The card tracks each user's purchases and the store gets data on their consumers' spending habits (all the grocery stores use their own consumer loyalty type card for the same purpose).

(snipped)
Daphne

i wonder if Interact came forward with information relevant to the murder, just like michelle young's therapist.

could nancy have gone to Interact shortly before her murder and said that she felt that brad was going to kill her ? Or said that he had raped her, had attempted to rape her, or that she was afraid he was going to rape her?

she slept in the room with the girls and the door locked/barred.

could the third SW have been for nancy's file at Interact?

good point. I have never heard of those artists. 16 paintings x $8,000 = $128,000. Which is ridiculously stupid. My personal opinion would be a total of $8,000. $500 per sounds more reasonable.

But still, that's an awfully lot of paintings. Sorry, but that house just doesn't look big enough to support that many paintings.

$128,000, I could buy a condo.
I would agree with Saint in saying that fine art is an investment. It isn't "ridiculously stupid". It is a solid investment for the most part. Your condo stands a better chance of losing money than a fine painting. The size of a painting isn't relevant and their house probably could have handled many more. Don't dis on Art! :)

Since the money came from Brad and Brad controlled the money, then the decision to purchase paintings (or not) were fully within his control. So I discount any assertion he made (or might make) that Nancy is the one who wanted artwork. That may be true, but he ultimately agreed to purchase it.

Regarding the purchase of the detergent: no matter what time the purchase was made it still raises a flag.

I was talking to my 82 yr old father tonight in FL and told him about my 'sleuthy' day. I've never discussed any crime with him before and he certainly isn't interested in true crime now. You could not find a more disinterested person. But he listened to me for a little bit. I told him the husband went to the store early morning (purchasing laundry detergent as late as 6:15am on Saturday morning and made a 2nd trip back to the store for juice and milk) and how that was an interesting point for so many folks and for me particularly because I couldn't understand WHAT was so important to be laundered that it simply could NOT wait. He made this little scoffing/snorting sound and said "OH now that is very suspicious. I don't know any man who would find it necessary to worry about laundry, let alone at 6am, even if the wife made a fuss!"

For my father, who couldn't care less about this type of news (and probably goes to some length to tune out this kind of thing), to actually believe it's a suspicious thing....well...it just cements how absolutely hinky it is that this particular purchase was made AT ALL, AT ANY TIME THAT MORNING (let alone at 6:15am or possibly earlier).

Hinky Dinky Parlez Vous!

Since the money came from Brad and Brad controlled the money, then the decision to purchase paintings (or not) were fully within his control. So I discount any assertion he made (or might make) that Nancy is the one who wanted artwork. That may be true, but he ultimately agreed to purchase it.

You know - that really is the bottom line - Brad agreed to the purchases and not just for artwork. So all his complaining about Nancy spending too much money is pretty much BS in my opinion. Same with the BMW X5 - he makes it sound really horrible - however he did agree to purchase it and he also failed to mention in his affidavit it was not new when they purchased it. NO WHINE

You know - that really is the bottom line - Brad agreed to the purchases and not just for artwork. So all his complaining about Nancy spending too much money is pretty much BS in my opinion. Same with the BMW X5 - he makes it sound really horrible - however he did agree to purchase it and he also failed to mention in his affidavit it was not new when they purchased it. NO WHINE

EGGSZACTLY! S/He who has the gold makes the rules! The rest is simply negotiation, and if he acquiesced on an item, even if the purchase was initiated by his wife, and he later regretted it, he has only himself to blame. He had full control of the money (and certainly used that control as it suited him).

YESSSS!!

She is so awesome!!

She is telling us the Brad went back to Harris Teeter 'demanding' his transactions for that Saturday (transactions recorded on his Vic card).

SG...this is the reason I didn't attend today with you all. I knew this info about HT and had to decide about disclosing it. I knew I would tell you all if I came today. I just had to be sure I wanted to disclose it or not.

I had no idea about the interview until 8:59 tonight when I logged on. Once I heard Tricia on there and the discussion ....I decided to do it on the air and not in the forum.

SG...this is the reason I didn't attend today with you all. I knew this info about HT and had to decide about disclosing it. I knew I would tell you all if I came today. I just had to be sure I wanted to disclose it or not.

I had no idea about the interview until 8:59 tonight when I logged on. Once I heard Tricia on there and the discussion ....I decided to do it on the air and not in the forum.

Aha! Interesting! Well I totally understand. It's a tough decision.

You know what's really strange? When I was shopping at HT today I was at the end near the milk and I looked back down the aisle and then I noticed the sitting area on the 2nd level. I watched for a moment and saw someone emptying a wastebasket up there. And I wondered if that was an area just for employees to hang out or if customers could go up there or what?

And then to hear you say on the radio that this is where Brad was taken to meet with store mgmt about getting his Vic card itemized list...well it was just a total coincidence since I was just over there today! :eek:

i think that you did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member