Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those curious about Nancy working, not working etc. I invite you to read the Erased thread. There's some links with interesting information that may help you understand where Nancy was coming from before she was Erased. :(

fran

i haven't read the book, Erased, but other friends have and recommend it.
Both Nancy Cooper and Michelle Young have been erased, imo...

Why hasn't Cisco offered a reward for information to help find Nancy's murderer?

RC, what year BMW did you figure out the Nancy's car was? Or did you?

I know that in BC's affidavit or the rebuttal he says that he is now driving Nancy's old car. I was looking as county records and if I've got the right one, it shows he had a Z3 before (last tax bills in 2003). Of course, I could have the wrong BC as it doesn't show billing address but w/ the preference for BMWs made me think I have the right one. There is also one year w/ a bill for a something listed as YAMA (maybe a Yamaha motorcycle/sportbike?).

I was just trying to look at preferences prior to the kiddos being born.

The BMW X5 was a 2004 model - on the county records it will be coded as SW - for sport wagon. You have the right stuff - they did have a Z3 BMW and a Yamaha V6a motorcycle (listed for one year only - 2002 I think). Until the BMW X 5 - they only had one vehicle per year and if you notice - that vehicle is only listed on the tax record for one year -WTH ?

You got it.:)

i haven't read the book, Erased, but other friends have and recommend it.
Both Nancy Cooper and Michelle Young have been erased, imo...

Janet Aboroa was also 'Erased!' :(

fran

PS...we have a forum here for Janet also. Another resident of NC. :(

Why hasn't Cisco offered a reward for information to help find Nancy's murderer?

They probably never thought of it?:confused:

Frankly, I doubt that they appreciate the name "Cisco" keeps coming up when people discuss this case. They most likely just want the case to be solved and go away!

fran

Brad was allowed to respond at the time and date the judge set. his affidavits are that response. he could have attended the hearing but he sent his lawyer on his behalf.

I wanted to come back to this.

His lawyer was not at the original hearing. Are you saying BC didn't attend the 7/25 meeting in judge's chambers? My understanding from reading the news reports is that he was there in chambers w/ his attorney and Nancy's family and attorneys. He signed the Memorandum of Judgement/Order as did his attorney(s).

His lawyer was not at the original hearing. Are you saying BC didn't attend the 7/25 meeting in judge's chambers? My understanding from reading the news reports is that he was there in chambers w/ his attorney and Nancy's family and attorneys. He signed the Memorandum of Judgement/Order as did his attorney(s).

i'm not sure whether brad was there or not. i'm not up to date on all of the info. i may have misspoken.

my point was that when one party (nancy cooper's family in this case) files
an Ex Parte motion for a judge's emergency intervention, it isn't done to deny the rights of the opposition. the opposing party will have their chance to speak and present their case to the judge.

But Interact also helps with immigration issues...and that's where she needed special assistance. She may have consulted them for that reason only.

Since you pointed me in the direction of the Cisco reference I did go back and look. It was Brett Adam who reports this issue of the green card based on a conversation he had with Nancy. Lines 5 (second 5), 6, and 7. Brett does not indicate that Nancy sought assistance from low income or other services for immigration purposes. He goes indicate that Nancy told him an immigration lawyer was too expensive. He also indicates that Nancy told him that the proceedings were placed on hold until she got her green card through Cisco.

Reading that it seems reasonable to think that Nancy did not have a problem trying to obtain a green card and was comfortable believing Brad was managing the issue through Cisco. So I continue to believe she did not contact Interact for such assistance and that at least in her mind she did not think she had a problem with respect to obtaining a green card. Will clarify that she could have had a problem but was not aware - in other words maybe Brad was getting it done and maybe he wasn't. After the recent warrant on Cisco, I also think it is reasonable to think that LE knows the answer to this particular aspect.

Thanks for jogging my brain as to where this information was :)

The BMW X5 was a 2004 model - on the county records it will be coded as SW - for sport wagon. You have the right stuff - they did have a Z3 BMW and a Yamaha V6a motorcycle (listed for one year only - 2002 I think). Until the BMW X 5 - they only had one vehicle per year and if you notice - that vehicle is only listed on the tax record for one year -WTH ?

You got it.:)

Thanks!

Yes, he was there. There was a photo showing him all shaved, suited up, on his way to the hearing.

But it looks to me that it was settled prior to the actual hearing. It has been my experience that the attorneys ask for a delay, then they park each side in a different room and go back and forth (the attorneys on each side) presenting the different options until they have an agreement. Then one of the attorneys will handwrite the agreement, get it signed by all parties, and present it to the judge for approval. BTDT.

Yes, he was there. There was a photo showing him all shaved, suited up, on his way to the hearing.

But it looks to me that it was settled prior to the actual hearing. It has been my experience that the attorneys ask for a delay, then they park each side in a different room and go back and forth (the attorneys on each side) presenting the different options until they have an agreement. Then one of the attorneys will handwrite the agreement, get it signed by all parties, and present it to the judge for approval. BTDT.

The agreement was reached in the hour before the 2 pm scheduled hearing. The Judge was in the courtroom waiting with the media and witnesses and not in the room on the 4th floor the parties and their attorney's met (judges chambers used as a meeting room).

i'm not sure whether brad was there or not. i'm not up to date on all of the info. i may have misspoken.

my point was that when one party (nancy cooper's family in this case) files
an Ex Parte motion for a judge's emergency intervention, it isn't done to deny the rights of the opposition. the opposing party will have their chance to speak and present their case to the judge.

Do you know if in North Carolina emergency custody hearings are ever held where both parties are present? Or, I guess to ask in a different way, are all North Carolina Emergency Custody Hearings Ex Parte?

I guess part of the issue is that up to this point her parents were not fearful of BC (again I point to Gary Rentz saying he spoke w/ Nancy often, was aware of the situations, and was not worried for her). Also, I point to the draft separation agreement where Nancy & her attorney were giving BC plenty of visitation opportunities so no concern about parenting abilities there. Up to this point, BC has not been named a suspect (though we know he's being looked at) and yet they take the kids. Again, this was a case where BC was under the constant watch of LE.

Edited to correct name.

The agreement was reached in the hour before the 2 pm scheduled hearing. The Judge was in the courtroom waiting with the media and witnesses and not in the room on the 4th floor the parties and their attorney's met (judges chambers used as a meeting room).

it sounds like mediation

Since you pointed me in the direction of the Cisco reference I did go back and look. It was Brett Adam who reports this issue of the green card based on a conversation he had with Nancy. Lines 5 (second 5), 6, and 7. Brett does not indicate that Nancy sought assistance from low income or other services for immigration purposes. He goes indicate that Nancy told him an immigration lawyer was too expensive. He also indicates that Nancy told him that the proceedings were placed on hold until she got her green card through Cisco.

Reading that it seems reasonable to think that Nancy did not have a problem trying to obtain a green card and was comfortable believing Brad was managing the issue through Cisco. So I continue to believe she did not contact Interact for such assistance and that at least in her mind she did not think she had a problem with respect to obtaining a green card. Will clarify that she could have had a problem but was not aware - in other words maybe Brad was getting it done and maybe he wasn't. After the recent warrant on Cisco, I also think it is reasonable to think that LE knows the answer to this particular aspect.

Thanks for jogging my brain as to where this information was :)
You are welcome. Least I can do for our master sleuth/thinker guy. :)

Do you know if in North Carolina emergency custody hearings are ever held where both parties are present? Or, I guess to ask in a different way, are all North Carolina Emergency Custody Hearings Ex Parte?

I guess part of the issue is that up to this point her parents were not fearful of BC (again I point to Jim Rentz saying he spoke w/ Nancy often, was aware of the situations, and was not worried for her). Also, I point to the draft separation agreement where Nancy & her attorney were giving BC plenty of visitation opportunities so no concern about parenting abilities there. Up to this point, BC has not been named a suspect (though we know he's being looked at) and yet they take the kids. Again, this was a case where BC was under the constant watch of LE.

maybe a NC lawyer could answer your question. it seems likely that they would all be Ex Parte, in that, someone sees an immediate need for a judge's intervention and files a motion.

i don't know how it works in NC, but i think Ex Parte refers to the type of motion and that office that handles it. the hearing itself would not be refered to as an "Ex Parte Hearing." it is a hearing before the judge, with both parties present, to discuss the motion and what action the plaintiff or defendant is requesting.

is that what they called the cooper's custody hearings in the press? maybe that is how they refer to the hearing in NC

Brad Cooper was not there.
He had his chance to answer on 7-25-08

Right, I understand, this case was Ex Parte.

I'm asking in general, are emergency custody hearings ever conducted w/ both parties present (or non-ex parte, if you will).

maybe an NC lawyer could answer your question. it seems likely that they would all be Ex Parte, in that, someone sees an immediate need for a judge's intervention and files a motion.

I agree it is likely that many are Ex Parte and I understand that in most cases, the other party would not be constantly watched by the police Therefore they may flee w/ a child before a custody hearing.

Any NC lawyers out there to answer my question?

what is the story about the $8,000 painting?

is it Star who talked about Interact?
she might have custody hearing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98