Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know which one of Nancy's friends is suing Heather Matour for alienation of affection?

I believe that would be Scott Heider, Heather's ex. It appears he was more Brad's friend because he is who Brad stayed with right after the "event."

I believe that would be Scott Heider, Heather's ex. It appears he was more Brad's friend because he is who Brad stayed with right after the "event."

I don't think so but I'm not positive. I understood it was one of their female friends. The female friends husband was another of the conquests, I think.

No, Heider isn't involved in the alienation of affection case. Heather apparently has been involved w/ another man since Brad Cooper. It is that man's (ex?)wife that is suing for alienation of affection.

No, Heider isn't involved in the alienation of affection case. Heather apparently has been involved w/ another man since Brad Cooper. It is that man's (ex?)wife that is suing for alienation of affection.

Ok. My apologies.

A half marathon is 13 miles.

If she was moving why was she planning on running the marathon w/Jessica Adam in August?

I'm obviously a day behind in reading the board but wanted to say this is an excellent point, Bob. Made me go hmmm...

If anyone is interested, I just went back and listened to JA's 911 tape. Where she mentions the phone being in the car and her cell phone is there, and then LATER ON she says that NC's cell phone being in the car is definitely weird.

So Nancy's cell phone WAS in her car, and JA was upset that it was in there.

Apparently Nancy, Heather, and two other women were all close, fast friends at one point. Heather not only had an affair with Brad, she had an affair with one of the other husbands. I don't know which two friends they were, but one of them is suing Heather.

Great post, imo.

I guess I am not seeing this. I knew SP was guilty from day one - it was his attitude and the way he presented himself in the media and everything he did (and didn't) do. I just don't see a single comparison (right now) to SP from BC except that BC's wife was murdered.
My Opinion

I guess I am not seeing this. I knew SP was guilty from day one - it was his attitude and the way he presented himself in the media and everything he did (and didn't) do. I just don't see a single comparison (right now) to SP from BC except that BC's wife was murdered.

BC seems the geek (NERD) to me - typically introverted and "thinks funny" like every computer geek I have ever known. They are not social creatures, except with other geeks, they tend to run in small packs with their brethren. SP seemed to try to portray the roving "player" - had his "image" and his manly "stuff" happening. Brad drove a motorcycle to work for a while so Nancy could have the car and from what I have seen is so introverted he can barely look at people - he would NEVER approach a new woman - they would have to approach HIM - betcha Nancy made the 1st move in their relationship - she was a typical extrovert. Betcha Heather made the moves on Brad too. Brad does Ironman because it is so solitary - mostly men, no running in big "packs", no social aspect, plenty of time for introspection and it does require strategy, in short it's a loner's dream sport.

BC and Nancy were primary opposites. Nancy was the bold, outgoing, gregarious, extrovert - groups of people ENERGIZED Nancy and talking helped her think. Nancy craved constant contact with others, probably spent a lot of time on the phone talking about nothing - just chatting with one of her friends. Brad is quiet, introspective, a worrier and a complete introvert - groups of people tire him and make him anxious - he prefers to think out every word before he says it - he does not "chat" idly. He probably HATES to talk on the phone and when he does he's quick, concise and to the point. BC will have one or two friends he confides in and he probably was very direct and logical when he spoke to them about his troubled marriage. He just isn't a warm fuzzy guy and was probably happy (at least in the beginning) to play 2nd fiddle to Nancy in social situations.

And I disagree totally about Nancy being controlled - she was the least controlled woman I have ever seen portrayed as being abused or controlled by her husband. Controlling husbands do NOT let their wives and kids go off to Canada or the Beach with family or friends for weeks at a time alone. They sure don't allow them to attend parties alone till 2AM or run around all day without constantly calling and checking up on them. Nancy complained Brad DIDN'T keep in touch enough - hardly a controlling husband there, IMO. A controlling man would have been on the phone constantly while they were apart - even if HE was being unfaithful he would be compelled to make sure Nancy was staying in line while he was off straying himself. Nancy's OWN WORDS and those of her close friends say he wasn't doing that - the opposite (even avoiding going to be with the family at the beach for 2 weeks) in fact.

The only proof offered that BC was controlling was all about MONEY, nothing else. BC was openly trying to get Nancy to control her spending - on the advice of a financial advisor trying to assist them in getting out from under a growing mountain of high interest credit card debt. The 1st advice from such an expert is to cut up all credit cards, and have one person have the checkbook and ATM card and be "responsible" for paying the bills. And everything else you do with CASH - so you see what you are spending and on what. Read up on debt counseling advice, what they were doing is the 1st STEP and they BOTH would have agreed to the arrangement - at least at the time it began. That credit card debt gets SPLIT in a divorce, it could have hurt Nancy as bad as BC if they didn't get it paid down. It's smart, not about controlling Nancy (unless she was a spend-a-holic) but controlling THEIR MONEY and THEIR DEBT.

Look, it's highly probable that BC killed Nancy - probably during an argument about money - but it's not the only possible scenario. We have no idea WHEN Nancy died, (or where), whether she was sexually assaulted or had strange DNA on her body. We don't even know HOW Nancy died. All we know is where she was found, when she was found and who reportedly saw her last. That's ALL. And I'll believe statements made by her friends (who all seem to have been told a slightly different story by Nancy herself) as 100% factual when they are subject to corroboration and are made in deposition or in court where they stand up under cross examination. Affidavits (including BC's) mean NOTHING - they aren't worth the paper they are typed on. They aren't sworn statements of truth, just notarized statements of opinion - the only thing "sworn" is that the person said and personally believes what is contained in the document...nothing more. I can swear one out today that I saw Elvis in my swimming pool - all pretty and "legal" - but that doesn't mean I did, just that at that time I made the affidavit, I believed I did.

It would be nice if these cases could be resolved within a week - but they can't. There is no "perfect crime" and if BC killed Nancy he will be arrested and convicted because the evidence combined with the things uncovered in the investigation paint a clear portrait of her murder at BC's hands. I just am not seeing that "Picture" clearly yet --- as time and the evidence mount I am sure it will be clear to EVERYONE what happened to Nancy, who did it and why.

And if I die tomorrow, MY HUSBAND DID NOT KILL ME! :rolleyes:

My Opinion

I second what CarolinaLady said. That was an excellent post. I only wish I could be so eloquent and spot on.

If anyone is interested, I just went back and listened to JA's 911 tape. Where she mentions the phone being in the car and her cell phone is there, and then LATER ON she says that NC's cell phone being in the car is definitely weird.

When I listened to the 911, I heard that her car is at the home and the cell phone is there. I didn't hear that her cell phone is in the car. I thought it was possible that her cell phone is there could have also meant it's at the house and not w/ Nancy.

I only know the stuff from the firm's website.

It's the first filing I remember seeing that name on though.

Thanks for the link.

How about this? Since divorce is moot now her firm was hired to handle the custody case. Kurtz & Blum will handle the "other." They did it this to avoid a potential conflict of interest between the two cases (like what they claimed happened with Alice Stubbs).

Thanks for the link.

How about this? Since divorce is moot now her firm was hired to handle the custody case. Kurtz & Blum will handle the "other." They did it this to avoid a potential conflict of interest between the two cases (like what they claimed happened with Alice Stubbs).

Possibly. But, when I read the request to remove Alice Stubbs from the case I took it to be because of Nancy's family trying to deem Brad an unfit father and this was contrary to what Nancy and Ms. Stubbs had said in separation documents. It doesn't seem that their would be a conflict of interest if you've got the same client. I think it's probably about getting someone w/ more experience. I'm not sure the experience level of Ms. Sandlin vs. Ms. Prather (w/ Kurtz & Blum) as it pertains to custody cases in general though it appears Ms. Sandlin would have more experience (Sandlin graduated law school in 1998, Prather in 2006). Also, Ms. Sandlin's site says she focuses on domestic issues only and Ms. Prather has Family Law, Eminent Domain, and Civil Litigation listed as her areas of practice.

When I listened to the 911, I heard that her car is at the home and the cell phone is there. I didn't hear that her cell phone is in the car. I thought it was possible that her cell phone is there could have also meant it's at the house and not w/ Nancy.

I just re-listened again and I am hearing the same thing Star12 hears. First she said the phone is "there" then she says "in there" and seems to be referring to the car.

Possibly. But, when I read the request to remove Alice Stubbs from the case I took it to be because of Nancy's family trying to deem Brad an unfit father and this was contrary to what Nancy and Ms. Stubbs had said in separation documents. It doesn't seem that their would be a conflict of interest if you've got the same client. I think it's probably about getting someone w/ more experience. I'm not sure the experience level of Ms. Sandlin vs. Ms. Prather (w/ Kurtz & Blum) as it pertains to custody cases in general though it appears Ms. Sandlin would have more experience (Sandlin graduated law school in 1998, Prather in 2006). Also, Ms. Sandlin's site says she focuses on domestic issues only and Ms. Prather has Family Law, Eminent Domain, and Civil Litigation listed as her areas of practice.

I see about Alice Stubbs. You're probably right on with the experience (or expertise) thing. It does appear, though, the duties have been split up.

I just re-listened again and I am hearing the same thing Star12 hears. First she said the phone is "there" then she says "in there" and seems to be referring to the car.

I know we've discussed before how she would know it was in the car. Did she look? Did Brad tell her it was in the car? She's not at the Cooper's house when she places the call as someone pointed out she would've know the address right away if she was at the house. She says in the affidavit that she and Mary Anderson drove over to meet the police at the house.

I agree that is definitely a curious point.

I know we've discussed before how she would know it was in the car. Did she look? Did Brad tell her it was in the car? She's not at the Cooper's house when she places the call as someone pointed out she would've know the address right away if she was at the house. She says in the affidavit that she and Mary Anderson drove over to meet the police at the house.

I agree that is definitely a curious point.

I wonder if she went over to the house to look around and then went home and called the police.

Star,

I agree with you on this, Nancy's purse was in the X5 and so was her cell phone. Reddress has supplied the most plausible theory IMO for why those items were in the X5. What we do know for certain is the purse was removed from the X5 by LE. I'm inclined to believe the cell phone was found in the purse. As to Jessica Adam knowing, it is my opinion that Brad told her because it follows the KISS theory, which more often than not is correct. Now the question for me is how did Brad know if he told JA. He was busy with two little ones and postponing his tennis match and then canceling it. But it never concerned him Nancy had not returned. Maybe he was just happy to cancel that tennis match aye ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member