Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post. As explored in the other thread, I do think that Brad fits with the type of man that would "erase" his wife. However, I am basing this on what I have read in the newspaper and other documents. Perhaps he is a great guy. I don't know. Although I have not read the book, Marilee Strong appears to have written an important book that all women that are about to get married should read. Thanks for the summary in the "erased" thread.

Hope you don't mind me cutting your post down to save space.
Wanted to say Hi! and.............

:Welcome-12-june:

I'm not too sure about a 'hit man' scenario for either case, MY and NC. These guys don't usually include others in their plans. I think IF he did it, Brad worked alone. He just didn't realize that so MANY eyes would see his movements, both before, during, and after the crime.

He's made some doozy mistakes. He'll find out soon just how much he messed up. He's waiting for that knock on the door any time now, I'm sure. ;)

JMHO
fran

PS>.......Oh, yeah, YES, I think Jason is guilty and will eventually pay for his crime JMHO, fran

This is my first post. I have two things to add to the general discussion about the NC case:

1. I run half marathons once or twice every year. We often plan for big ones at a fun place as a girls' weekend. It does not matter where you live to run the hm. It's part of the travel and running and comraderie. From what I can gather, it sounds like her runner friends are similar to mine. Although I initially read (in one of the affidavits) that the race she was training for is in Aug, I later read that it is in VA in Sept. This is probably the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in VA Beach on Labor day Weekend--a HUGE and popular race, that is a bunch of fun and a perfect girls weekend, farewell to our friend who has just moved, type of event. Also, when you are training for a HM, generally you follow a very set plan, so that you can train without injury. You don't just "go out for a run" without knowing exactly how far you are going on that run--it's not the same as running for fun or fitness (although those are both benefits). I would put money on the fact that NC and her friends were following a training plan.

Also, my closest friend is someone that I vaguely knew when we started training together, but over time, we have become very close. We call our training "therapy."

2. My family travels outside the country regularly, and it has been YEARS since our passports have been stamped in countries that do not need visas. Oddly, the only place that always stamps ours is Canada. In any EU country since 9/11, we had to ASK them to stamp our passports for our own little souvenirs. They typically do NOT stamp them any more.

runr

:Welcome-12-june:

Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

I'm not a runner but from what you're saying, that appears to be about what I was thinking between Ms. Adam and NC. They seemed very close and lots of confidences. I'm sure Brad is horrified to see HOW MUCH NC confided with Ms. Adam. IMO, Brad and his group of friends have attempted to minimize the importance of Nancy's various friends in NC's life, but imo, it's apparent, he had NO idea.

Also about the alleged run that morning. Like you referred to NC's running partner(s) they were 'serious' runners with a schedule etc. That's why it's an important point that those who WOULD KNOW, say Nancy had NO plans to run that morn and she did NOT go with Carey and Carey had no plans to do such either.

Just one of those little details overlooked..........by the husband.

JMHO
fran

me three!

If I knew anything I would save it only for LE and any upcoming trial and would only answer questions I was asked directly for any other legal (civil) action.

Carrie is probably sooo mortified to be dragged into this and used as a another wild goose for LE to chase.

And this is the EXACT reason I believe everything Nancy's friends have said. Ok, granted, lots of it is second hand as told to them by Nancy. But, because Nancy is dead, .........sorry........I tend to believe Nancy's statements over Brad's...........he's here, he survived, ..........Nancy was afraid, she did NOT survive,..........THAT in itself is the 'hook,' as far as WHICH ONE of the opposite sides to believe. Oh, Nancy MAY have exaggerated somewhat, but it couldn't have been that much,.........I mean EXACTLY WHAT she was afraid of happened.

Proves Nancy's point, IMHO.

On that note. WHAT would all of Nancy's friends have to gain by stepping forward?

NOTHING, IMO. Except grief!

Someone said early in this case before we knew much of anything,...."this case is going to tear that neighborhood apart."

Looks like that poster just may have been RIGHT!:eek:

JMHO
fran

"Also about the alleged run that morning. Like you referred to NC's running partner(s) they were 'serious' runners with a schedule etc. That's why it's an important point that those who WOULD KNOW, say Nancy had NO plans to run that morn and she did NOT go with Carey and Carey had no plans to do such either.

Just one of those little details overlooked..........by the husband." (quoting fran; I have to learn how to do this properly)

Thanks for the welcome Fran and raisincharlie!

Fran, I agree. I think that her friends would know this information, and the overlooked details may well expose his actions.

And this is the EXACT reason I believe everything Nancy's friends have said. Ok, granted, lots of it is second hand as told to them by Nancy. But, because Nancy is dead, .........sorry........I tend to believe Nancy's statements over Brad's...........he's here, he survived, ..........Nancy was afraid, she did NOT survive,..........THAT in itself is the 'hook,' as far as WHICH ONE of the opposite sides to believe. Oh, Nancy MAY have exaggerated somewhat, but it couldn't have been that much,.........I mean EXACTLY WHAT she was afraid of happened.

Proves Nancy's point, IMHO.

On that note. WHAT would all of Nancy's friends have to gain by stepping forward?

NOTHING, IMO. Except grief!

Someone said early in this case before we knew much of anything,...."this case is going to tear that neighborhood apart."

Looks like that poster just may have been RIGHT!:eek:

JMHO
fran

Absolutely Fran, there are so many victims here, Nancy, her children, her family, her friends, Carrie who's just mindin' her own biz, the neighborhood,Cisco, HT (no wait I think they probably saw increase business just from all the looky loos)...
and what is sooo cool is how Nancy's friends went out of their way to say what they did, they put a lot on the line doing that. Like you said nothing to gain, other than standing up to the next idiot spouse who thinks he can get away with murder (allegedly) and making sure the kids don't suffer at his hands either.

Ok, I know Bob&Bob hates it when I do this, compare this to the Peterson case, but hey! I know a LOT about that case and SEE LOTS of similarities,...

Maybe Brad did what Scott Peterson did, he ADDED some type of adult channels. :eek:

Oh, and he did sell Laci's car. I guess he decided he no longer needed it either. Course, ...............they had NOT yet found Laci, so she was JUST missing after an alleged walk in the park which she NEVER did.:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran
I guess I am not seeing this. I knew SP was guilty from day one - it was his attitude and the way he presented himself in the media and everything he did (and didn't) do. I just don't see a single comparison (right now) to SP from BC except that BC's wife was murdered.

BC seems the geek (NERD) to me - typically introverted and "thinks funny" like every computer geek I have ever known. They are not social creatures, except with other geeks, they tend to run in small packs with their brethren. SP seemed to try to portray the roving "player" - had his "image" and his manly "stuff" happening. Brad drove a motorcycle to work for a while so Nancy could have the car and from what I have seen is so introverted he can barely look at people - he would NEVER approach a new woman - they would have to approach HIM - betcha Nancy made the 1st move in their relationship - she was a typical extrovert. Betcha Heather made the moves on Brad too. Brad does Ironman because it is so solitary - mostly men, no running in big "packs", no social aspect, plenty of time for introspection and it does require strategy, in short it's a loner's dream sport.

BC and Nancy were primary opposites. Nancy was the bold, outgoing, gregarious, extrovert - groups of people ENERGIZED Nancy and talking helped her think. Nancy craved constant contact with others, probably spent a lot of time on the phone talking about nothing - just chatting with one of her friends. Brad is quiet, introspective, a worrier and a complete introvert - groups of people tire him and make him anxious - he prefers to think out every word before he says it - he does not "chat" idly. He probably HATES to talk on the phone and when he does he's quick, concise and to the point. BC will have one or two friends he confides in and he probably was very direct and logical when he spoke to them about his troubled marriage. He just isn't a warm fuzzy guy and was probably happy (at least in the beginning) to play 2nd fiddle to Nancy in social situations.

And I disagree totally about Nancy being controlled - she was the least controlled woman I have ever seen portrayed as being abused or controlled by her husband. Controlling husbands do NOT let their wives and kids go off to Canada or the Beach with family or friends for weeks at a time alone. They sure don't allow them to attend parties alone till 2AM or run around all day without constantly calling and checking up on them. Nancy complained Brad DIDN'T keep in touch enough - hardly a controlling husband there, IMO. A controlling man would have been on the phone constantly while they were apart - even if HE was being unfaithful he would be compelled to make sure Nancy was staying in line while he was off straying himself. Nancy's OWN WORDS and those of her close friends say he wasn't doing that - the opposite (even avoiding going to be with the family at the beach for 2 weeks) in fact.

The only proof offered that BC was controlling was all about MONEY, nothing else. BC was openly trying to get Nancy to control her spending - on the advice of a financial advisor trying to assist them in getting out from under a growing mountain of high interest credit card debt. The 1st advice from such an expert is to cut up all credit cards, and have one person have the checkbook and ATM card and be "responsible" for paying the bills. And everything else you do with CASH - so you see what you are spending and on what. Read up on debt counseling advice, what they were doing is the 1st STEP and they BOTH would have agreed to the arrangement - at least at the time it began. That credit card debt gets SPLIT in a divorce, it could have hurt Nancy as bad as BC if they didn't get it paid down. It's smart, not about controlling Nancy (unless she was a spend-a-holic) but controlling THEIR MONEY and THEIR DEBT.

Look, it's highly probable that BC killed Nancy - probably during an argument about money - but it's not the only possible scenario. We have no idea WHEN Nancy died, (or where), whether she was sexually assaulted or had strange DNA on her body. We don't even know HOW Nancy died. All we know is where she was found, when she was found and who reportedly saw her last. That's ALL. And I'll believe statements made by her friends (who all seem to have been told a slightly different story by Nancy herself) as 100% factual when they are subject to corroboration and are made in deposition or in court where they stand up under cross examination. Affidavits (including BC's) mean NOTHING - they aren't worth the paper they are typed on. They aren't sworn statements of truth, just notarized statements of opinion - the only thing "sworn" is that the person said and personally believes what is contained in the document...nothing more. I can swear one out today that I saw Elvis in my swimming pool - all pretty and "legal" - but that doesn't mean I did, just that at that time I made the affidavit, I believed I did.

It would be nice if these cases could be resolved within a week - but they can't. There is no "perfect crime" and if BC killed Nancy he will be arrested and convicted because the evidence combined with the things uncovered in the investigation paint a clear portrait of her murder at BC's hands. I just am not seeing that "Picture" clearly yet --- as time and the evidence mount I am sure it will be clear to EVERYONE what happened to Nancy, who did it and why.

And if I die tomorrow, MY HUSBAND DID NOT KILL ME! :rolleyes:

My Opinion

SNIP

Also about the alleged run that morning. Like you referred to NC's running partner(s) they were 'serious' runners with a schedule etc. That's why it's an important point that those who WOULD KNOW, say Nancy had NO plans to run that morn and she did NOT go with Carey and Carey had no plans to do such either.

Just one of those little details overlooked..........by the husband.

JMHO
fran

According to Clea Morwick, Nancy did have plans to go for a jog Saturday morning. What is not clear though is if Nancy told her that or someone else.

I guess I am not seeing this. I knew SP was guilty from day one - it was his attitude and the way he presented himself in the media and everything he did (and didn't) do. I just don't see a single comparison (right now) to SP from BC except that BC's wife was murdered.

BC seems the geek (NERD) to me - typically introverted and "thinks funny" like every computer geek I have ever known. They are not social creatures, except with other geeks, they tend to run in small packs with their brethren. SP seemed to try to portray the roving "player" - had his "image" and his manly "stuff" happening. Brad drove a motorcycle to work for a while so Nancy could have the car and from what I have seen is so introverted he can barely look at people - he would NEVER approach a new woman - they would have to approach HIM - betcha Nancy made the 1st move in their relationship - she was a typical extrovert. Betcha Heather made the moves on Brad too. Brad does Ironman because it is so solitary - mostly men, no running in big "packs", no social aspect, plenty of time for introspection and it does require strategy, in short it's a loner's dream sport.

BC and Nancy were primary opposites. Nancy was the bold, outgoing, gregarious, extrovert - groups of people ENERGIZED Nancy and talking helped her think. Nancy craved constant contact with others, probably spent a lot of time on the phone talking about nothing - just chatting with one of her friends. Brad is quiet, introspective, a worrier and a complete introvert - groups of people tire him and make him anxious - he prefers to think out every word before he says it - he does not "chat" idly. He probably HATES to talk on the phone and when he does he's quick, concise and to the point. BC will have one or two friends he confides in and he probably was very direct and logical when he spoke to them about his troubled marriage. He just isn't a warm fuzzy guy and was probably happy (at least in the beginning) to play 2nd fiddle to Nancy in social situations.

And I disagree totally about Nancy being controlled - she was the least controlled woman I have ever seen portrayed as being abused or controlled by her husband. Controlling husbands do NOT let their wives and kids go off to Canada or the Beach with family or friends for weeks at a time alone. They sure don't allow them to attend parties alone till 2AM or run around all day without constantly calling and checking up on them. Nancy complained Brad DIDN'T keep in touch enough - hardly a controlling husband there, IMO. A controlling man would have been on the phone constantly while they were apart - even if HE was being unfaithful he would be compelled to make sure Nancy was staying in line while he was off straying himself. Nancy's OWN WORDS and those of her close friends say he wasn't doing that - the opposite (even avoiding going to be with the family at the beach for 2 weeks) in fact.

The only proof offered that BC was controlling was all about MONEY, nothing else. BC was openly trying to get Nancy to control her spending - on the advice of a financial advisor trying to assist them in getting out from under a growing mountain of high interest credit card debt. The 1st advice from such an expert is to cut up all credit cards, and have one person have the checkbook and ATM card and be "responsible" for paying the bills. And everything else you do with CASH - so you see what you are spending and on what. Read up on debt counseling advice, what they were doing is the 1st STEP and they BOTH would have agreed to the arrangement - at least at the time it began. That credit card debt gets SPLIT in a divorce, it could have hurt Nancy as bad as BC if they didn't get it paid down. It's smart, not about controlling Nancy (unless she was a spend-a-holic) but controlling THEIR MONEY and THEIR DEBT.

Look, it's highly probable that BC killed Nancy - probably during an argument about money - but it's not the only possible scenario. We have no idea WHEN Nancy died, (or where), whether she was sexually assaulted or had strange DNA on her body. We don't even know HOW Nancy died. All we know is where she was found, when she was found and who reportedly saw her last. That's ALL. And I'll believe statements made by her friends (who all seem to have been told a slightly different story by Nancy herself) as 100% factual when they are subject to corroboration and are made in deposition or in court where they stand up under cross examination. Affidavits (including BC's) mean NOTHING - they aren't worth the paper they are typed on. They aren't sworn statements of truth, just notarized statements of opinion - the only thing "sworn" is that the person said and personally believes what is contained in the document...nothing more. I can swear one out today that I saw Elvis in my swimming pool - all pretty and "legal" - but that doesn't mean I did, just that at that time I made the affidavit, I believed I did.

It would be nice if these cases could be resolved within a week - but they can't. There is no "perfect crime" and if BC killed Nancy he will be arrested and convicted because the evidence combined with the things uncovered in the investigation paint a clear portrait of her murder at BC's hands. I just am not seeing that "Picture" clearly yet --- as time and the evidence mount I am sure it will be clear to EVERYONE what happened to Nancy, who did it and why.

And if I die tomorrow, MY HUSBAND DID NOT KILL ME! :rolleyes:

My Opinion

Excellent post!

.unless she walked across the street to Diana Duncan's and made the call from there.

I don't think Jessica made the 911 call from Diana's house. If she'd been at Diana's she wouldn't have had to spend so much time looking for Nancy's address when the 911 operator asked for it.

I don't think Jessica made the 911 call from Diana's house. If she'd been at Diana's she wouldn't have had to spend so much time looking for Nancy's address when the 911 operator asked for it.

Good point, Skittles!

So glad to see a little real activity in this case!

Will someone tell me who Deborah Sandlin is and her firm's relationship to the case? She also received CC's affidavit.

I've been away for a few days, looked several pages back, but could not find the answer.

Does anyone know which one of Nancy's friends is suing Heather Matour for alienation of affection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie