Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reddress,

I have searched every name that has come up either in the press or through the affidavits and have not been able to find the SUV listed. It is definitely not listed in Brad's name and hasn't been for over a year. Just my guess - Brad transferred ownership to someone else, here goes my tunnel vision, so Nancy could not have it.

One possibility is and I do not know if it really is a possibility is after buying the vehicle in 2006, Brad later changed his mind and requested it be turned into a lease. In which case it would not show in his records. Now if that is possible - I really do not know since he originally set it up as a purchase.
Thanks. I've been pondering this plate thing since the stickers went missing. Really is a mystery to me, too.

Any theories about that car ownership Mom or Raisin?

The taxes were paid by BC and the tag was in BC's name when the taxes were due in 07.

My thought is he is running it on his old tag, but it has been put in someone else's name. This way NC couldn't get the car in the settlement because it isn't his to give her. IMO

As for no stickers on the tag....if it isn't registered to him then the stickers wouldn't come to him, but to the person the vehicle is registered to.

This is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

If the LE has checked this part out then my theory goes out the window. Just maybe they didn't check it out.

Who in the heck would he have it registered to? That person would have to take on the liability of the vehicle......no one is going to do that.

the medical examiner testified at one of the custody hearings. it seems likely that a preliminary report ready.

I guess I missed this one too...
There has only been one "official" custody hearing where anyone could actually testify, right? That was the ex-parte hearing. [ The other one scheduled for the 24th ended up being a "non-hearing", since the parties reached a settlement (the current mode) amongst themselves ]

So if a ME has testified as a custody hearing, it would have been the ex-parte one held just 2-3 days after the discovery?

Refresh my memory on where it's stated that the ME testified at this hearing... (apologies for not recalling)

Thanks. I've been pondering this plate thing since the stickers went missing. Really is a mystery to me, too.

If this is an underhand deal that has occured...new ownership of the SUV...then this just might be who the 3rd SW was for.

If someone has done that for BC what else have they done to help him get out of his horrible marriage??:furious:

Sleuthy, any time I've ever had to call a Cary cop, they always look like they are 13. I'm old anyway.:)

I guess I missed this one too...
There has only been one "official" custody hearing where anyone could actually testify, right? That was the ex-parte hearing. [ The other one scheduled for the 24th ended up being a "non-hearing", since the parties reached a settlement (the current mode) amongst themselves ]

So if a ME has testified as a custody hearing, it would have been the ex-parte one held just 2-3 days after the discovery?

Refresh my memory on where it's stated that the ME testified at this hearing... (apologies for not recalling)

I may be wrong....but I don't know how accurate any ME testimony would have been at those hearings........they're saying they still don't have the autopsy results back yet. Wonder if the judge was going on what the detectives initially discovered???

brad might have turned the ownership over to somebody else to avoid nancy getting the car, but in NC it doesn't work that way. regardless of whose names the vehicles are in, all vehicles are considered community property & she was entitled to half of the value of the combined value of their 2 cars.

still, he might have thought he could get away with such a stunt, but if he did something along these lines, it certainly tells us something about the how low he would sink.....and thereby telling us even more about his character.

anybody hear ANYTHING at all re his brother, parents, etc who surely have been here for at least part of this time? So strange that we haven't seen or heard a thing about any of his family.....

Love your post :).....why don't ya get "super" sleuthy and get some photos to share with us:Banane23:

I have often thought of using the line, "what's a gal gotta do to get FRISKED around here?" Too obvious? yeah, maybe, huh. :innocent:

The taxes were paid by BC and the tag was in BC's name when the taxes were due in 07.

My thought is he is running it on his old tag, but it has been put in someone else's name. This way NC couldn't get the car in the settlement because it isn't his to give her. IMO

As for no stickers on the tag....if it isn't registered to him then the stickers wouldn't come to him, but to the person the vehicle is registered to.

This is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

If the LE has checked this part out then my theory goes out the window. Just maybe they didn't check it out.
Hmmmm. By not getting the stickers from the new owner, BC runs the chance of NC finding out he changed the vehicle's ownership . I would think she'd have a hissy fit finding that out after being stopped for no stickers. Of course I'm assuming she didn't know, because that would be a big issue for her friends to list in their affidavits. And... I'm pretty sure NC would have told them.

Well, if LE didn't know about it....they do now thanks to Momto3kids!! Oh....HI, LE!

If this is an underhand deal that has occured...new ownership of the SUV...then this just might be who the 3rd SW was for.

If someone has done that for BC what else have they done to help him get out of his horrible marriage??:furious:

when did the stickers go missing?

I still think the 3rd SW that was anonymous got delivered to an unsuspecting individual.

LE didn't want to make someone aware they were headed in their direction.

Any business would have opened the doors I woould expect to allow them to get what they needed.

IMO if the SUV is owned by someone else it is most likely that person who got served.
JMO

anybody hear ANYTHING at all re his brother, parents, etc who surely have been here for at least part of this time? So strange that we haven't seen or heard a thing about any of his family.....

BC was allegedly spotted with his parents at a local JC Penney buying (get ready for the IRONY) sheets! This supposedly was last weekend. Allegedly, of course.

BC was allegedly spotted with his parents at a local JC Penney buying (get ready for the IRONY) sheets! This supposedly was last weekend. Allegedly, of course.
Oh, lordy.. someone hold me back from cracking up. Guess brown & yellow don't wash out.

My neck of the woods, unmarked are in various colors. I have seen grey, black, white, and a few somewhat light blues for local PD and Sheriff, usually Crown Vic and lately some Chevy Impalas. Highway Patrol however uses a variety of makes and lots of colors for unmarked. Also unmarkeds have a specific sticker located on the front window, not overly noticable.

Hard to tell Mt3K but it would not surprise me for LE to be there watching and making note of plate numbers etc.

Although I understand that different states handle investigations different ways. In North Carolina, the State Patrol, troopers, whatever name you know them by in your area NEVER GET INVOLVED in investigating a homicide, unless, perhaps, it was done in a moving vehicle or involved a car accident. Even at that, I strongly believe, although I am not completely sure, that their investigation would be limited to the initial accident report.

I am not in North Carolina now, but I know where Mom was and I know that area very well. It does sound like LE, press would not be hanging that far away, and if the vehicle was positioned so that they could observe the church, it seems like someone was scoping it out. If they wanted LE to be available in the event that traffic control was needed, they would have used a marked car. I have not seen it lately, but they used to have traffic control at that church frequently during normal Sunday services. Kildare Farm Road is pretty heavily traveled, even though there is a lot of construction going on, and it is pretty far out of the actual center of town as far out as Mom is talking about.

CyberPro

Hmmmm. By not getting the stickers from the new owner, BC runs the chance of NC finding out he changed the vehicle's ownership . I would think she'd have a hissy fit finding that out after being stopped for no stickers. Of course I'm assuming she didn't know, because that would be a big issue for her friends to list in their affidavits. And... I'm pretty sure NC would have told them.

Well, if LE didn't know about it....they do now thanks to Momto3kids!! Oh....HI, LE!

If this did occur, I would bet NC didn't know. If she did, her friends would have had this as #2 of their affidavit.:)

I bet it hasn't crossed anyones mind about the stickers.
If the renewal didn't come in the mail I would have stickers 3 years old, I promise you.

Do the records y'all are looking at cover all of NC or just Wake Co? Just trying to see if he might have gifted the car to someone from out of the area (or even his family/brother in Canada) instead of one of his close friends. Since LE looked over the SUV it's odd they didn't notice the stickers weren't on the tag - and also seems like they would have run both vehicles thru the computers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm