Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I was trying to ask. The car color and tags used. They came across the street from the church and passed me while I was at Wendy's. They pulled over and parked near the Pre-school Bella went to.

There were 2 in the car. They never got out so I couldn't tell, who they were. It was still light enough they didn't have to put the inside light on yet.

IDK if it was or not...just seemed strange they pulled in when NC friends were leaving the church. I would not have noticed or thought about it if WTVD 11 wasn't sitting there.

What might be more telling than color is the make and model of the car possibly. Same make and model used for patrol cars by Cary PD ?

nah .. not in the front part of the neighborhood. Back part isn't exactly bustling with activity yet it seems (sans the occasional dog walker). I think the jogger could have been a curiosity seeker.

So you know what picture I'm referring to?

Sounds like they (LE in an unmarked car) are there in case security is needed, and are probably also watching to see who's who and what's going on.

IDK if it was or not...just seemed strange they pulled in when NC friends were leaving the church. I would not have noticed or thought about it if WTVD 11 wasn't sitting there.

Why would LE be staking out the church service I wonder - that would seem really odd I think, but who knows.

Sounds like you aren't 100% certain it was LE, but just an car that appeared to possibly be an "unmarked" car that parked across the street (along with WTVD van) as the service was ending. Is that right?

Anyone attend the service? How was it?

Good point Bob.

I took the virtual tour on the google street maps thing.

I thought there were more than a few houses.

I visited in person on Tues afternoon and I was surprised to find that it was not as remote as I had imagined. There were no houses on the street of the cul-de-sac where Nancy's body was found but there was ALOT of construction on Fielding leading into that street. In fact, there was a semi parked at the corner partially blocking the entrance and we almost missed it. While we were there (at the site) probably 10 minutes, three trucks came into the cul-de-sac to turn around.

I'm not a runner, but I just can't see Nancy choosing this route as part of her run. I had to check it out myself to see what it's like. NO WAY!

I think the reason he got the girls in the car to "look" for Nancy was so he could BRAINWASH them to *think* they saw Mommy that morning, or to somehow manipulate their recollection of something he needed them to say or not say. That's also why he wanted to keep them away from everyone else.

Just my .02!
Apex-mom

Apex-mom...it it very possible and good reason to believe it was the reason. It can easily be done.

My addition to this is he went to LTF with the girls, telling them he was looking for mommy. Checked in, took them by a workout class or an area with a large # of members were, told them she was in there and to wave, but keep walking. The children know no different except this is where mommy comes with them.

BINGO, they saw mommy. You can easily persuade a child they just didn't see her because too many people were there.

What might be more telling than color is the make and model of the car possibly. Same make and model used for patrol cars by Cary PD ?

No, not the same as the CPD. It was a large ford? or mercuy?. The detective I met with the CPD awhile back had a blue crown victoria. But it isn't to say gray wouldn't be used, would it?

Why would LE be staking out the church service I wonder - that would seem really odd I think, but who knows.

Sounds like you aren't 100% certain it was LE, but just an car that appeared to possibly be an "unmarked" car that parked across the street (along with WTVD van) as the service was ending. Is that right?

Anyone attend the service? How was it?

No...I am not certain at all. That is why I am asking the questions about LE and unmarked cars. WTVD was in the church parking lot, I was across the street at Wendy's, the car came across the street and drove behind the buildings to the side of the street I was on.

Just trying to understand IF this was LE would this be normal?:confused:

RC seems to think it would be from what I understand.

Jumpstreet...I didn't attend or know how many did. I stopped at Wendy's to get my hubby's chili when I spotted the WTVD camera truck.

No, not the same as the CPD. It was a large ford? or mercuy?. The detective I met with the CPD awhile back had a blue crown victoria. But it isn't to say gray wouldn't be used, would it?

My neck of the woods, unmarked are in various colors. I have seen grey, black, white, and a few somewhat light blues for local PD and Sheriff, usually Crown Vic and lately some Chevy Impalas. Highway Patrol however uses a variety of makes and lots of colors for unmarked. Also unmarkeds have a specific sticker located on the front window, not overly noticable.

Hard to tell Mt3K but it would not surprise me for LE to be there watching and making note of plate numbers etc.

Apex-mom...it it very possible and good reason to believe it was the reason. It can easily be done.

My addition to this is he went to LTF with the girls, telling them he was looking for mommy. Checked in, took them by a workout class or an area with a large # of members were, told them she was in there and to wave, but keep walking. The children know no different except this is where mommy comes with them.

BINGO, they saw mommy. You can easily persuade a child they just didn't see her because too many people were there.

I can tell you my kids would've never fallen for that. Unless I made eye contact w/ my kids (at the ages of the Cooper children) during school events they did not believe I was there. Not all children are easily persuaded.

My neck of the woods, unmarked are in various colors. I have seen grey, black, white, and a few somewhat light blues for local PD and Sheriff, usually Crown Vic and lately some Chevy Impalas. Highway Patrol however uses a variety of makes and lots of colors for unmarked. Also unmarkeds have a specific sticker located on the front window, not overly noticable.

Hard to tell Mt3K but it would not surprise me for LE to be there watching and making note of plate numbers etc.

Thanks RC...

40 minutes prior to that I passed BC home to get a child from the movies and his car was in the driveway. So I assume he did not go to this gathering.

He has had a spotlight on in the backyard any night I pass by.

He has the house shut up tight as a tick. The blinds are all pulled tight except for 3 on the top floor. He has them shut tight on the lower half, and the top half open. The only other place there is daylight shining in is the staircase wher the blind is raised about 1 foot.

Thanks RC...

40 minutes prior to that I passed BC home to get a child from the movies and his car was in the driveway. So I assume he did not go to this gathering.

He has had a spotlight on in the backyard any night I pass by.

He has the house shut up tight as a tick. The blinds are all pulled tight except for 3 on the top floor. He has them shut tight on the lower half, and the top half open. The only other place there is daylight shining is the staircase which the blind is raised about 1'

I noticed in the WTVD link you posted, it did say he and his family did not attend the gathering. I suppose that house being closed up should be expected - the press gets an inch - they will try to take a mile.

I can tell you my kids would've never fallen for that. Unless I made eye contact w/ my kids (at the ages of the Cooper children) during school events they did not believe I was there. Not all children are easily persuaded.

But...some are. IIRC the kids had not asked about Nancy for the 1st few days. Sounds like they are easily swayed in thinking what they are told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd