Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CyberPro Quote:

Now, on access to Lifetime. I have not been a member all that long, but you have an ID card. It is a plastic card, similar to a credit card. There is a bar code on the back, and you cannot swipe it in yourself. You hand it to someone behind the counter and they swipe it for you. They look down at the computer screen, and I think they usually call you by name. When you get your membership card, they take a picture of you with a webcam, and if you have a family membership they also take pictures of your kids. I am not sure if your picture pops up on the screen when you enter or not, but since you could theoretically use someone else's membership card since it does not have your picture on it, I would not be at all surprised to find that your picture is displayed. It would also help if you have the kids in tow that they knew you were bringing your kids in, and not just some random kids.

There are also several security cameras around the parking lot and entrances of Lifetime Fitness.

CyberPro[/QUOTE]

I belong to LTF and when your card is swiped your picture does pop up. I only know this because I purchased something at the snack bar and could actually see the screen.

I belong to LTF and when your card is swiped your picture does pop up. I only know this because I purchased something at the snack bar and could actually see the screen.

Do you have your name on the card or somehow identifies you on it since there is no picture on it?
Or does it have your photo on it? I thought I read it didn't have one on it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Do you have your name on the card or somehow identifies you on it since there is no picture on it?
Or does it have your photo on it? I thought I read it didn't have one on it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Mom,

The name is printed in fairly small letters on the front lower corner of the card, but it does not have a picture on it.

CyberPro

Has anyone heard if the CPD handed out fliers today like they had been on Saturday mornings?

Hi Momt3!!!

In every case I have followed , this always happens !! You have to develop a thick skin :D

My mind is a little foggy. Where was it said that he went to the gym?? Was it on the blog ? by Artemis ?

Hi Momt3!!!

In every case I have followed , this always happens !! You have to develop a thick skin :D

My mind is a little foggy. Where was it said that he went to the gym?? Was it on the blog ? by Artemis ?

I am happy I have thick skin for days like those.:clap:

BC stated it in his affidavit saying he went inside and spoke the lady at the desk.

This morning I see the discussion was about the areas he went looking for BC. Something a little unusual was noted. He went by CC last!!! :confused:

Hello.

I have been reading the boards since the beginning of this case and haven't posted anything on the discussion board yet. Please let me know if you think this topic is better placed in the "off-topic" thread.

Some things have been bothering me:
1. MM providing two affadavits that seem somewhat contradictory.
2. According to MM's affadavit for the defendant, he and Nancy spent time at the beach without their respective spouses.
3. The Blueline radio site said something about Nancy's tragic murder breaking up the neighborhood's superficial camaraderie, and just before imploding, someone will be thrown to the lions.

Yesterday, DD posted on her blog about her worry that the tragedy of Nancy's death might cause deep cracks in her neighborhood and community. I share DD's concern and hope that this case is solved quickly and that "collateral damage" (such an awful term ,IMO) is limited.

I'm wondering what your take is...

Thanks!

Hi there! And welcome!

As to MM's two affidavits, I agree. I agree, I found that strange. Maybe he feels like he just wants to remain neutral so he's going to say something on both sides but, I dunno. It was weird to me too.

As to Morwick and NC vacationing together, yes!!! I thought that really odd. And sorry if I offend anyone but that would be highly inappropriate to me personally. Maybe if it was a group, but just the two adults and the kids. I'd be feeling super awkward!

I don't know so much that their circle of friendship was superficial. I think especially in this day and age people really need a circle of friends that would stand up for you, support you, etc. I don't think there's anything superficial about that. Now, their designer cars, handbags, etc. yeah, that's superficial. I'm a stylist so trust me, I know it's superficial. Some people just need more, bigger, shinier stuff to feel better about themselves than others. I do think this will cause a crack in their circle. But I don't know that it's necessarily the kind they're referring to.

It bothers me that the grandparents said the girls had not asked about their mother, even after several days. Why not?

Did someone tell them a story that would satisfy their curiosity or wonderment? Like NC went on a trip and will be back...

Did they see something so horrible they supressed their memory about it and chose to believe everything was alright?

Did they hear grown-ups talking and it scared them so badly they just didn't say anything?

I have a hard time believing they never asked. It's possible, I know, but it's just weird.

I'll have to go back and reread his affidavit. I missed that !( Course for a while there were soooo many to read ! ) and I was keeping an ear and eye on the local media to see if we got any "extra' news or tidbits.

If Ms. Pritchard saw it herself, it is indeed first hand knowledge. I doubt it was photcopied either but it could be possible, with a pending separation, that Nancy gave it to her lawyer. As you recall there was quite a flurry of motions, one relating specifically to the issue of Ms. Stubbs turning over her notes relating to conversations with Nancy, and one for her removal as the plaintiff's counsul. Someone wanted to know pretty badly what she knew. Just a thought.

Thanks raisincharlie, I do remember the motion for Ms. Stubbs to turn over her notes, but not for her removal. I had not put this together at all. That note sounds very incriminating to me, but would it hold much weight in court?

Please correct me if I am wrong with any of this.....

The SW was signed at 2am by Judge Stephens (16th)
By 3am LE was knocking on SH door wanting DNA sample from BC
Search took ? hours. I am thinking I heard 16 hours...Am I close?
Search concluded at 7pm (if it was a 16 hour search)
Judge signs Ex Parte @ 4:45 the 16th, 14 hours after the search began
Possible search was not even completed

Was something found during the search for NC family to move so quickly?

Hi there! And welcome!

As to MM's two affidavits, I agree. I agree, I found that strange. Maybe he feels like he just wants to remain neutral so he's going to say something on both sides but, I dunno. It was weird to me too.

As to Morwick and NC vacationing together, yes!!! I thought that really odd. And sorry if I offend anyone but that would be highly inappropriate to me personally. Maybe if it was a group, but just the two adults and the kids. I'd be feeling super awkward!

I don't know so much that their circle of friendship was superficial. I think especially in this day and age people really need a circle of friends that would stand up for you, support you, etc. I don't think there's anything superficial about that. Now, their designer cars, handbags, etc. yeah, that's superficial. I'm a stylist so trust me, I know it's superficial. Some people just need more, bigger, shinier stuff to feel better about themselves than others. I do think this will cause a crack in their circle. But I don't know that it's necessarily the kind they're referring to.

The crack in their circle is IMO definitely going to occur.
I hear when people divorce and the crack that occurs in friendships and relationships.

Husbands and wives telling each other to
NOT get involved because it not their business,
or don't take sides since both of the spouses are liked,
or to watch what they say so they don't get dragged into it.

Crack in this circle will be huge IMO.

The friends will start talking amoungst themselves and 1 slips and says one thing, another knows something else. Talking just between them will bring somethings out that no one knew or one kept as a secret.

Imagine on the stand and what is about to come out. Some might need to get prepared to have a BAD day.

That sounds about right on the stats. Not sure on the amt. of time on the search.

" Upon information and belief Nancy Cooper never went jogging on July 12th 2008."

Information from who ??? LE? friends ???

I believe there must have been something as I believe Mr. Rentz did not have any "connections or pull " from his former position with the Alberta Government to get temporary custody at the ex parte hearing.

Hi there! And welcome!

<SNIP>

EntreNous,

Thanks for the welcome.

I was wondering about the "superficial" label, too.

Based on what I've read, it seems that various neighbors were privy to things that I might find embarrassing (like who was having an affair with whom....) and it might not have been clear who knew what, and who was comfortable with whom knowing what...

There seems to have been a weird comraderie (or it seems weird to me, anyway): BC and SH, NC and SH, and even though MM expresses concern about BC possibly feeeling "uncomfortable," BC comes to dinner and stays. However, that, too is curious, because JA says in her affadavit that she thought NC would be uncomfortable dining with the CM and MM. It all sounds very weird to me.

IMO the judge needed to be shown proof why the children were in harms way. I bet it wasn't hard. But very unusal also to move them out so quick.
Then to make sure the family they were going to be with was also fit.

I would venture to say BC dad had some proof such as emails, $$ paid out to NC, etc., as well as Ms. Stubbs in what NC might have supplied her with.

To be signed before the search was complete speaks volumes....I still wonder if they found something during the search of the home or at the location where NC was found, or the leg work done by LE before NC was found.

it is weird and then nancy ends up murdered.

" Upon information and belief Nancy Cooper never went jogging on July 12th 2008."

Information from who ??? LE? friends ???

I believe there must have been something as I believe Mr. Rentz did not have any "connections or pull " from his former position with the Alberta Government to get temporary custody at the ex parte hearing.

Jess...I don't believe it was to do with 'pull' either.

I think it was Mr.Rentz who said he didn't believe NC ever went jogging. :waitasec:
I want to say it was at a press conference when a reporter asked about the jogging time or if they thought NC ever went jogging.

I agree, Mom. In the affidavit it says that the grandparents are 'fit and proper persons'. says who ?? Was there time to get any references ? ( I happen to believe that it was the right thing to have been done) There has to be something MORE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444