Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
" Upon information and belief Nancy Cooper never went jogging on July 12th 2008."

Information from who ??? LE? friends ???

I believe there must have been something as I believe Mr. Rentz did not have any "connections or pull " from his former position with the Alberta Government to get temporary custody at the ex parte hearing.
it could be from what the investigators told them but i think was more likely that the running partners who were training with her told her family that nancy wouldn't have run alone w/o telling them.

plus, carey said she never had plans to run w/ her and did not run w/ her that day.

The complexities abound, that's for sure. I don't think theirs was a typical circle of friends. They definitely were hipsters in a way. DD lists in her favorite things in her blog profile, music by Tool, Filter, Nine Inch Nails, Tori Amos among others. While none of them are my favorite my family is very musical and I am very familiar with them. Their music is very dark in nature. The lyrics are pretty vulgar and the first three mentioned are very hard driving rock. Now, my hubby is a drummer so he does listen to a lot of rock but I thought these were kind of odd music choices of an upper middle class, middle age mom. More power to her if that's what she likes but it is different.

I agree, Mom. In the affidavit it says that the grandparents are 'fit and proper persons'. says who ?? Was there time to get any references ? ( I happen to believe that it was the right thing to have been done) There has to be something MORE !

Absolutely has got to be more!
The LE had already begun doing their leg work after they met with BC for the missing person report. They just needed to find NC, positively ID her, get the SW and move in.

I really do not think the day the search is being done they would take those kids without finding out something out before this. The search most likely sealed what they needed to know without a shadow of a doubt, "who killed NC" IMO

it could be from what the investigators told them but i think was more likely that the running partners who were training with her told her family that nancy wouldn't have run alone w/o telling them.

plus, carey said she never had plans to run w/ her and did not run w/ her that day.

I'm thinking friends voiced their opinions/suspicions.

I really hope that the children didn't witness anything...and subsequently say something...

The complexities abound, that's for sure. I don't think theirs was a typical circle of friends. They definitely were hipsters in a way. DD lists in her favorite things in her blog profile, music by Tool, Filter, Nine Inch Nails, Tori Amos among others. While none of them are my favorite my family is very musical and I am very familiar with them. Their music is very dark in nature. The lyrics are pretty vulgar and the first three mentioned are very hard driving rock. Now, my hubby is a drummer so he does listen to a lot of rock but I thought these were kind of odd music choices of an upper middle class, middle age mom. More power to her if that's what she likes but it is different.

I just learned something new. I had no idea about the music. That really surprises me, I must say. As you always hear, you never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

It bothers me that the grandparents said the girls had not asked about their mother, even after several days. Why not?

Did someone tell them a story that would satisfy their curiosity or wonderment? Like NC went on a trip and will be back...

Did they see something so horrible they supressed their memory about it and chose to believe everything was alright?

Did they hear grown-ups talking and it scared them so badly they just didn't say anything?

I have a hard time believing they never asked. It's possible, I know, but it's just weird.

Does anyone else wonder about this?

I'm thinking friends voiced their opinions/suspicions.

I really hope that the children didn't witness anything...and subsequently say something...

i'm afraid that they did hear or see something and that's one of the reasons why brad did
not want nancy's friend to watch them while he went out "looking" for nancy.

I think it is rather strange CC had absolutely nothing extra to say, except about her plans to jog.

You can tell she wants to distance herself on this one!

I still want to hear from DD husband. Being neighbors, across the streets form each other, you know he saw who did what at the home, and had to hear something.

Just to say mute after living a few years across the street....strange:waitasec:

I just learned something new. I had no idea about the music. That really surprises me, I must say. As you always hear, you never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Thank you. I feel the same. I was very hesitant to post that because I didn't want to be thought of as a narrow minded bitty.:crazy: But I thought it was interesting insight.

i'm afraid that they did hear or see something and that's one of the reasons why brad did
not want nancy's friend to watch them while he went out "looking" for nancy.

Children at the ages of Bella & Katie haven't learned to tell a lie yet, they have learned to say NO in fear of getting in trouble. Children at 4yo talk freely and candidly. Just maybe Bella said something that put this over the edge.

Does anyone else wonder about this?

I, too, wonder about this. And it gives me the willies to think about.

My hope is that Mr. Rentz was right when he said in the presser that children are resilient and the girls will come out of this all right if everything is handled in the right way.

I hope and trust that the children are in a stable, healthy environment and that their mental health care providers are at the top of their game.

The crack in their circle is IMO definitely going to occur.
I hear when people divorce and the crack that occurs in friendships and relationships.

Husbands and wives telling each other to
NOT get involved because it not their business,
or don't take sides since both of the spouses are liked,
or to watch what they say so they don't get dragged into it.

Crack in this circle will be huge IMO.

The friends will start talking amoungst themselves and 1 slips and says one thing, another knows something else. Talking just between them will bring somethings out that no one knew or one kept as a secret.

Imagine on the stand and what is about to come out. Some might need to get prepared to have a BAD day.

This circle is going to go from 360 to about 540 the crack is going to be so large IMO.
I would say there has already been an increase in the local pharmaceutical market. I
would think that treatment for paranoia and perhaps sleep aides are on the rise.

One thing I can't understand at all is this. Why did Alice Stubbs allow those friends of
Nancy's to write those Affidavits? Why? Why?" That was a huge mistake.

This circle is going to go from 360 to about 540 the crack is going to be so large IMO.
I would say there has already been an increase in the local pharmaceutical market. I
would think that treatment for paranoia and perhaps sleep aides are on the rise.

One thing I can't understand at all is this. Why did Alice Stubbs allow those friends of

I don't understand. Why was it a huge mistake?

Having suspected that something was going on between two choir members, disregarding my intuition and then finding out I was right in the first place, I have learned to listen to myself. Since that time I have 'seen' the beginnings of 4 affairs. The signs have been quite obvious to me.

Friends may have been told things, but neighbours may have seen things! We have really only heard from friends, not from casual friends, neighbours or in Brad's case workmates. However I bet LE has. Maybe the ones we haven't heard from have been counselled by LE not to say anything.( Or some might be worried that if they say something, a whole other can of worms might be opened.)

I agree with you on this for sure. The affidavits were for statements in why BC was NOT fit to have the children. Instead NC friends put things in there that are going to be needed in criminal court.

I say...state the facts and keep it pertaining to the subject at hand.

Now everything that was stated in those affidavits are going to have to be answered on cross examination.

Most of this will also be only hearsay unless they heard or saw it 1st hand.

I do think some unsuspecting people are going to be dragged into this and they are the innocent ones. Affair...what affair? What a mess this is going to be IMO

I'm wondering if the marriage counselor would have any info. In the Michelle Young case, her counselor/therapist came forward after several months.Course her husband didn't go with her. Just a thought.

Having suspected that something was going on between two choir members, disregarding my intuition and then finding out I was right in the first place, I have learned to listen to myself. Since that time I have 'seen' the beginnings of 4 affairs. The signs have been quite obvious to me.

Friends may have been told things, but neighbours may have seen things! We have really only heard from friends, not from casual friends, neighbours or in Brad's case workmates. However I bet LE has. Maybe the ones we haven't heard from have been counselled by LE not to say anything.( Or some might be worried that if they say something, a whole other can of worms might be opened.)

Intuition is powerful.

It would not surprise me if NC found company with someone else...someone to lean on besides another female friend. I have seen it occur, seeking a different perspective from the opposite sex. I am not saying an affair, but everyone needs a hug every once in awhile.

This entire circle of friends are about to see how Pandora's box being open is going to encircle a large number of people outside of their inner circle. IMO

This is going to be a 3-ring circus.

MM...did you and NC go to the beach together? Did you and NC lay on the same blanket? Did you and NC rub each other with lotion? and the questions will continue.

I'm wondering if the marriage counselor would have any info. In the Michelle Young case, her counselor/therapist came forward after several months.Course her husband didn't go with her. Just a thought.

With all the laws and privacy acts that are now enforced I wonder if a counselor can disclose what they have in their file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810