Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still am wondering what happened to all the money BC was supposed to get through bonuses....did he squirrel it away in anticipation of a divorce? Did he spend it on *advertiser censored* like Chrisite Brinkley's ex (3k a month on internet *advertiser censored*)...show me the money!

I so happy...

me too!

:angel:Wonder if Brad is happy? :loser:

I also wonder when Brad is going to offer a reward for information leading to the REAL KILLER? He did get a VERY LARGE bonus. ;)

Hmmmm...........often times Crime Stoppers assists with rewards also. Wonder if there's a reason they're not stepping up to the plate?:silenced:

fran

I still am wondering what happened to all the money BC was supposed to get through bonuses....did he squirrel it away in anticipation of a divorce? Did he spend it on *advertiser censored* like Chrisite Brinkley's ex (3k a month on internet *advertiser censored*)...show me the money!

It might be in stock options and that's what he was most likely going to retain as his own personal property. Can't recall exactly, but there was something he was getting and Nancy was getting the 401K. Oh, she was getting the 401K AFTER the loan on it was paid off from the home proceeds, IIRC.

JMHO
fran

LOL, I guess Star12 is going for the BEST day's post again!

:D

fran

It might be in stock options and that's what he was most likely going to retain as his own personal property. Can't recall exactly, but there was something he was getting and Nancy was getting the 401K. Oh, she was getting the 401K AFTER the loan on it was paid off from the home proceeds, IIRC.

JMHO
fran

It's been a long time since I was looking into 401ks as they relate to divorces. Seems like there is something in the law about how much of a 401k a spouse can get based on how long they have been married. I think I remember a 10-year marriage is considered long-term so the spouse is eligible for 1/2 of the 401k after that time.

I really don't remember that much about it - does anyone know if I am close?? How long were Brad and Nancy married?

It's been a long time since I was looking into 401ks as they relate to divorces. Seems like there is something in the law about how much of a 401k a spouse can get based on how long they have been married. I think I remember a 10-year marriage is considered long-term so the spouse is eligible for 1/2 of the 401k after that time.

I really don't remember that much about it - does anyone know if I am close?? How long were Brad and Nancy married?

Eight years

i don't know about you guys, but it seems to be that this thread gets derailed by a few powderkegs and at least one troll.

there are people who are interested in this case and interested in hearing the local information.

something seems to have happened on this thread and the caylee thread that makes it a very different experience for those of us who are familiar with websleuths.

this isn't Survivor, people are free to come and go. people have different schedules, work and home demands and live in different time zones. people cannot be expected to read every post on these threads.

many don't want to read because it seems that things are focused on posters and not the case and because of the nastiness.

if a local poster volunteers to do something that informs us, don't criticize them.

let's all try not to take the bait. if a poster annoys you, just scroll by .

some of you may have already scrolled past this post. ;)
I have been reading here from the beginning. It appears to me anytime a post goes up that indicates Brad could possibly be innocent or that someone other than Brad could be guilty that poster is ridiculed, bullied, ganged up on, and eventually called a powderkeg etc.

Although this board says oh, we want all opinions, all opinions are welcome, they really arn't. Go back to Thread #1 before Nancy's body was even found, before we even knew for sure she was dead. This board, was the Brad did it board, and it has tried very hard to discourage anyone from posting, unless they wanted to jump on that lynch mob.

JMHO
fran

My bet is it's in stock options...since the 401k would be picked over after debt reconciliation...
SO this bumps up the motive even more, there was a bit of money hanging in the balance.

i thought they had been married 8 yrs.

Let's start clean here, and not stir the pot up.

It is OKAY to speculate. We ALL have our own interpretations and opinions.

There is a young woman here in our community who is dead, apparently by the hand of another person. There are two little girls who will never kiss their
Mommy goodnight, never hug her neck, never read make a Mother's Day card for her, never ponder what to give her for Christmas or her birthday.

A community force is gone forever, and friends are grieving. Races won't be run.

Some think her husband did it, some have other opinions. That's OKAY.

But we can offer our opinions in a helpful way, without backbiting. We are helpful to NO ONE by being petty.

We need to calm down, step back, and think a second before we hit that post button.

All opinions are welcome.

:truce:

I have been reading here from the beginning. It appears to me anytime a post goes up that indicates Brad could possibly be innocent or that someone other than Brad could be guilty that poster is ridiculed, bullied, ganged up on, and eventually called a powderkeg etc.

Although this board says oh, we want all opinions, all opinions are welcome, they really arn't. Go back to Thread #1 before Nancy's body was even found, before we even knew for sure she was dead. This board, was the Brad did it board, and it has tried very hard to discourage anyone from posting, unless they wanted to jump on that lynch mob.

All of us get a 'gut' feeling whether from personal experience, past experience with other similar cases in the news, whatever. Those of us that have been around for quite a while ( even though we may not be prolific posters, are prolific readers.)When I read a good post from someone with the opposite opinion, it makes me think. There have been cases where I have gone from one side to the other for quite a while until I was able to find the "hook" that solidified my opinion.

The posts that swayed me were ones that were logical and plausible, not vitriolic diatribes that dissed other posters or their opinions. I value the posters who have background knowledge of the area or even of some of the "people' I have thoroughly enjoyed those with a law background because they can clarify rulings and bring us back from the absurd.

Writing all this, I have found I still have stuck with my original thought, but with much more confidence and knowledge.

Even though the circumstances that cause us to come to message boards are horrendous, it is fun to stretch our minds and try to figure out things.

Well I killed the thread, didn't I ? LOL:angel:

my reference to people being powderkegs has nothing to do with whether they believe brad did or did not
kill nancy

Thank you. Agree 100%.

Cisco pays bonuses as part of it's compensation package. The amounts vary, but from what I know - it's 1/2 of the "base" amount at their mid year (around February) and then the remainder in September. The remainder is determined by employee performance, as well as company performance metrics.

The base amount varies by your 'level'.

Stock options are also part of their compensation package.

This is not far off the mark. Cisco has multiple bonus plans, but what you have described is pretty close for someone in a position such as Brad's.

Now - here's a theory for you:
Maybe he killed her because he knew his year end bonus WAS going to be huge - and payable in September? Not $285K huge, but whatever.

Well, it seems unwise for anyone to be doing anything (particularly murder) in anticipation of a "huge" bonus this year. ;-)

I also find that the BC did it gets a bit overwhelming at times. It's back to that "making evidence fit your scenario" instead of letting the evidence build the TRUE story.

When we are working blind (without even a COD or an autopsy or copies of the SW's) it's very easy to allow speculation, rumors and half-truths to become the focus - and because right now those things are all we have they are getting far more attention and focus than they should.

It's easy to get your underthings in a twist when you are frustrated by the seeming lack of progress toward a resolution - but that IS where we are right now and we should try to remain civil to EVERYONE here - even if they disagree. It is possible to disagree with someone (RIGHT FRAN?:D) and be FRIENDS with them. It's funny how it works that the person you disagree with on one case, is your closest ally on another. It's all really just semantics and opinion - until we have evidence and facts. And it's OK that people "think different" - it's stimulating and even inspiring to debate and it almost always results in building a healthier and more effective sleuthing community. And we are a community - we ALL just want a KILLER off the streets - WHOEVER that killer turns out to be.

There is room on these threads for EVERYONE - no matter what they believe about BC OR NC. So long as we remain polite, respectful and focus on presenting OUR OWN ideas in a calm, logical and civil manner rather than attacking someone else's ideas we can all post and learn and share and .... OH, and even ENJOY it.

If you don't agree just say that you don't agree - and then state WHY you don't. Just saying you disagree and attacking the other poster(s) doesn't move the conversation forward a centimeter. Make your case and allow other people to consider why your opinion differs from others based on your understanding of the case and yes, even your own personal experiences or special knowledge, if applicable.

Geeze ladies and gents, we are all adults here and it's Friday - a day to start chilling out or preparing for a weekend...no need for stress or anxiety or anger here. Don't we get enough of that Mon-Fri??? Lets enjoy our cyber-friends and keep a positive thought that THIS will be the weekend they find Caylee alive, that they find the Oklahoma Girl's Killer, that Nancy's Killer confesses....that lost children are found and lost adults come home again.

My Opinion

my reference to people being powderkegs has nothing to do with whether they believe brad did or did not
kill nancy

I know that I can not get inside your head and know exactly who you called a powderkeg, but I can speculate, and I speculate it was a poster who has not yet jumped on the Brad guilty bandwagon.

I do not believe you would call any poster flashing their jail sign and fry Brad messages a powderkeg regardless of how explosive their post were.

To another poster that mentioned stirring the pot. I havn't posted in about 3 days, I'm really no match for all of you. It is just sometimes I listen and I think until I have to say something.

I will leave you with this.

Justice being done will not raise the dead.
It will not soothe the ache in the dark in the night.
But justice does do something exceedingly important:
it assures us that we do not live in some random universe,
untethered to morality or consequence.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads