Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
duh Do you think just maybe it could be to prove it was the way he said it was ?
'
or, so his defense can know what the facts are re the HT trips on their cameras & receipts. can defend him without knowing what has been recorded on surveilance cameras & whether that lines up w your client's report

'
or, so his defense can know what the facts are re the HT trips on their cameras & receipts. can defend him without knowing what has been recorded on surveilance cameras & whether that lines up w your client's report

oops, meant, CAN'T defend him without knowing....

duh Do you think just maybe it could be to prove it was the way he said it was ?

If BC is innocent why subpoena anything, he's not been named a POI or suspect?
ME-subpoena
HT-subpoena
TWC-subpoena

IMO they just maybe are getting signals to plan a defense?:confused:

well-said. i'm hoping that michelle & Nancy's killers will have made clear mistakes that get them both so totally arrested & convicted! hopefully DNA will be found w Nancy that will arrest & convict....

Often times, perps do NOT realize the emotional attachment some of these cases cause to the investigators. Some of these detectives will follow a case for 20 years or longer, determined their suspect or NOT suspect will slip up. That's why the cold case departments are cropping up across the U.S. New testing, perps slipping up, friends of the NOT suspect dropping a dime to a cold case squad in another city and another state.

Getting away with a crime is hard work. It can take a life-time of dedication to not be found out. It only takes a second to show yourself to LE. There could be a set of eyes just around that next corner waiting for the perp to reveal himself so they can slap the handcuffs on them.

I truly hate all of the unsolved cases throughout our pages here. To be honest, there's so many, I often times forget their names.

So sad..........mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, grandmothers even......gone way to soon and needlessly. Because they were in somebody's way or they were their possession and didn't deserve to live without them, their 'controller/keeper,'...............ERASED.

JMHO
:(
fran

PS.........when you all have seen as many as I've seen,..........you'll understand, .....maybe,..........where I'm coming from....peace, fran

Nope!

OTOH, if you want to believe that, it's ok by me. ;)

JMHO
fran

Fran,

In the beginning LE reported Brad was cooperating. Don't you think part of that cooperation was he told them the story of going to the store between 6 and 7 ? I have an idea this probably happened and then the press is asking about an earlier trip to the store before Nancy was even found. Doesn't it seem reasonable that LE went and looked through those tapes at HT to see for themselves ? Does it not also make sense that if there is truth to the 4 am visit that LE took possesion of the tape ? Does it not also make sense that even if Brad is only seen between 6 and 7 that LE also would have taken possession of the tape ?

I think the subpeona for the tape from HT is another of those calculated gambles - given the time frame of that request - the tape would have already been in LE's possession or HT was told no big deal and either pitched it or re-used it. RED HERRING.

You don't need to apologize for anything and I don't even recall who or where the original discussion began about the press conferences. That is what I was talking about. LE having press conferences and the family talking to the press.

Of course anyone could do whatever they want when their loved one dies and no one knows how that person feels IF they've never been in that exact, same position.

Whatever way any of us have lost a loved one, knows how we would react only after the fact. I could compare how I would react, but it wouldn't really be apples/apples, more like apples/oranges because there's that thing called murder as the COD and the media frenzy surrounding the case.

I just KNOW, that when there's a death, whether untimely or not, there is only ONE chance to say your final good-byes. IF it were me, I know how I would react and it wouldn't be based on opinions, or other's feelings, but my final moment to express my true love.......and say my final farewell to my other half.

You're right, with regard to the murder investigation it would have been a better PR move if Brad had attended even one memorial service. But let's face it, if you have to tell him to attend for PR purposes, why? I thought he loved her?

JMHO
fran

PS...on that note of him NOT attending any of Nancy's memorial services, he then has to add insult to injury by releasing a volley of demeaning affidavits towards his late wife's memory. Like, he couldn't wait for a day?

IMHO, THAT speaks VOLUMES of Brad Cooper, in my humble and OBVIOUS opinion
......fran

Bolding was done by me. I wanted to point out again, that her side did affidavits, filed on 7/22 &7/23 and looks like they were filed 7/23. He dated his original affidavit 7/22 and it's notarized date & filing date are 7/23. His friends and family affidavits are dated 7/23 & 7/24 and filed 7/24. BC's rebuttal affidavit is dated & filed 7/24. SH's rebuttal affidavit is also dated & filed 7/24.

I just wanted to point out that both were doing filing on 7/23, the day of Nancy's service. And I think obviously the worst info was in BC's rebuttal affidavit which was in fact filed the day after her service.

I wish this poster would post again. However, when I read these earlier, I suspected that she stopped because BC could figure who she was, etc. I don't think I would like him angry with me...:shocked2:

I'm still here, just trying to quietly lurk.:computer: I ended up with a few pm's after my posts (and I promise to get back to the one poster if she's reading this!), including media contacts which I chose not to do.

I do have genuine concerns that BC can figure it out (I have no doubt that he's lurking here as well) and my phone number and address are easily "findable", along with him having knowledge of all of my friends and family members and their locations.

So, I'm quietly here, constantly reading and will answer pm's from posters that I feel that I can trust. My opinion still has not changed.

Fran,

In the beginning LE reported Brad was cooperating. Don't you think part of that cooperation was he told them the story of going to the store between 6 and 7 ? I have an idea this probably happened and then the press is asking about an earlier trip to the store before Nancy was even found. Doesn't it seem reasonable that LE went and looked through those tapes at HT to see for themselves ? Does it not also make sense that if there is truth to the 4 am visit that LE took possesion of the tape ? Does it not also make sense that even if Brad is only seen between 6 and 7 that LE also would have taken possession of the tape ?

I think the subpeona for the tape from HT is another of those calculated gambles - given the time frame of that request - the tape would have already been in LE's possession or HT was told no big deal and either pitched it or re-used it. RED HERRING.

IMO the attorneys can come back and say..no didn't see a thing and they will be correct.

As you said RC, because either the LE has it or it was re-used.

Why are they wanting the tape so bad when they are representing neither a POI or suspect?:waitasec:

I'm still here, just trying to quietly lurk.:computer: I ended up with a few pm's after my posts (and I promise to get back to the one poster if she's reading this!), including media contacts which I chose not to do.

I do have genuine concerns that BC can figure it out (I have no doubt that he's lurking here as well) and my phone number and address are easily "findable", along with him having knowledge of all of my friends and family members and their locations.

So, I'm quietly here, constantly reading and will answer pm's from posters that I feel that I can trust. My opinion still has not changed.

Thank you so much for posting! This must be difficult for you at best. I'm sure BC is laying low. Surely he wouldn't want anything to happen to anyone else. That would look very, very bad for him.

IMO

If BC is innocent why subpoena anything, he's not been named a POI or suspect?
ME-subpoena
HT-subpoena
TWC-subpoena

IMO they just maybe are getting signals to plan a defense?:confused:

Well, he mentioned things in his affidavit which these things might answer. He's opened up questioning on these items in the custody hearing. So, it might just be for custody hearing.

Fran,

From what I've observed, it appears that some way LE learned there was most likely an early morning visit to the store by Brad, ie shortly after 4 a.m. It could be an employee on duty that night that saw the news, recognized Brad on the tv and dropped a dime to LE. THEN, LE would review the tapes, I would imagine and see the subject at the store, when he told LE it was AFTER sunrise, light out, when he went between 6-7 a.m. AT the request of his missing wife and {proof} with a phone call.

This would mean an inconsistancy in his story. Why?

LE was asked about this early morning visit and hmmm'd and haw'd.....and didn't deny or confirm..........which from what we've observed in past cases is an affirmative answer, IMO.

NOW, Brad and his lawyer hear this,.:eek:...........Brad did NOT think of cameras, just receipts, which he had..........of the time HE wanted LE to know about, NOT ealier ............because he wasn't going to show them that..........but he FORGOT about the possibility of cameras.

The only scenario I can think of WHY his defense wants copies of the surveillance tape. BUT, they learn LE has them.:waitasec:..............NOW the defense KNOWS they've GOT a PROBLEM!:bang:

JMHO
fran

Welcome to WS Cygnusx1. Is your nic of the star variety or "A Farewell To Kings" variety?

My nic is of the "Permanent Waves" variety.

The latter. I couldn't decide between CygnusX1 or By-Tor. I was wondering about yours.

IMO the attorneys can come back and say..no didn't see a thing and they will be correct.

As you said RC, because either the LE has it or it was re-used.

Why are they wanting the tape so bad when they are representing neither a POI or suspect?:waitasec:

It does appear to be a request made with other than custody in mind. I think it is a fishing expedition - does LE have it or not, does HT still have it or not. He claims to have all those receipts to prove everything he says, as well as a phone record, probably safe to figure he was at HT a couple of times between 6 and 7 am.

Well, he mentioned things in his affidavit which these things might answer. He's opened up questioning on this items in the custody hearing. So, it might just be for custody hearing.

CL....After reading most of your posts you want to stay on the fence and I fully understand. You are always looking at both sides and take the middle of the road. I did up until last week. I stated all the time I was on the fence and just couldn't imagine someone would kill someone they say they loved.

But, last week I fell off. There are just too many red flags with him and all signs IMO point directly at him.

He opened up pandora's box with HT and TWC on his affidavit, he took it down this path not anyone else. If it is brought up at a custody hearing, he brought it on himself. Did he do it to say he subscribed to the Disney Channel, and he went to HT to get milk for the girls cereal? :waitasec:

The latter. I couldn't decide between CygnusX1 or By-Tor. I was wondering about yours.

I was tossing EN or Red Barchetta, myself. :crazy: But yep, that was "our song" back in mine & hubbs' dating days. That whole side of PW is very beautiful. Hubbs is a drummer so how could we not appreciate NP?!?

Mom2three...I have to laugh at you. You noticed the upstairs blinds being closed on the back side of Brad Cooper's home in the last few days. I noticed that about 2 days ago.

Are we neighbors? Ha ha. We are probably riding past each other daily. Although I think you once mentioned that you don't live in this neighborhood (Lochmere)?

Tell you what. You put a Mom2Three WS bumper sticker on your car and I'll put NCNative WS on mine. We'll toot at each other when we pass by. :D

Do you know if there actually is a camera at the HSprings/CPkwy intersection, and if it is working? I don't go in that direction often. I'd say they need one there. Kids used to drag race on the Cary Parkway late at night, and on Lochmere Drive as well. I don't notice the drag race noises any more, especially in the last year or so.

No, not neighbors, but I would like the white plantation home with the red metal roof on the lake :clap:

I guess he is NOT peeking out the blinds anymore since they are shut tight now. Did you see them when they were only open on the top half? :)

Early on (15th?)I mentioned the camera at the intersection hoping it caught his car going thru. ( the answer is a few posts down...just found it)

CL....After reading most of your posts you want to stay on the fence and I fully understand. You are always looking at both sides and take the middle of the road. I did up until last week. I stated all the time I was on the fence and just couldn't imagine someone would kill someone they say they loved.

But, last week I fell off. There are just too many red flags with him and all signs IMO point directly at him.

He opened up pandora's box with HT and TWC on his affidavit, he took it down this path not anyone else. If it is brought up at a custody hearing, he brought it on himself. Did he do it to say he subscribed to the Disney Channel, and he went to HT to get milk for the girls cereal? :waitasec:

I agree he opened himself to questioning on all of the items listed in his affidavits as did the friends. If you would re-read his affidavit, you would see how HT (he lists visits and possibly he needs the tapes for confirmation it was him) and TWC (they provide phone & internet service and from the view of the business card we got, they did have TWC for internet) certainly would be applicable in proving/refuting some of his statement.

Until we start getting some real facts about the case, I'll reserve judgment on guilt or innocence.

This was the response in regard to the camera's at the intersection of Cary Pkwy and Holly Springs Rd when I mentioned the possibility of catching a car at a certain hour. This is back on July 15th.

Yes, the red light cameras take a photo of a vehicle as it passes through the intersection when it has a red signal.

The cameras that WRAL use for real-time coverage typically do not record the footage thus, they may not be of any use in trying to pinpoint the time that a vehicles may pass through the intersection. I may be wrong on this at this particular intersection and it would be a tremendous tool if so.

It does appear to be a request made with other than custody in mind. I think it is a fishing expedition - does LE have it or not, does HT still have it or not. He claims to have all those receipts to prove everything he says, as well as a phone record, probably safe to figure he was at HT a couple of times between 6 and 7 am.

exactly. defense is lining up its ducks, which, of course, is what they are being paid to do. they need to know what "proof" LE has....

If LE has the tape, defense needs to know. they are fishing, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member