Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I knew about that. RC wasn't there someone else who stated that they thought Nancy was to go jogging with Carey the morning in question? As far as the other issue, Brad and his attorneys have to create doubt. Let's just hope this case is tied to physical evidence instead of circumstancial evidence.

I don't think anyone stated that they knew she was running w/ Carey that morning. Clea Morwick stated in a FoxNews interview that Nancy told her that Nancy was going for a jog/run in the morning.

On the board where Aikohead deleted his user account, one post (in the thread he started on the HOW board when she was missing) stated she went running every morning while BC watched the girls.

Ok guys, sorry if I missed it but have they released her TOD and COD? Many of us here remember Michelle Young and the problems with dna that caused. I know LE worked very hard to try and place Jason Young at their house in the time frame of her murder.

I don't see an easy out for Brad if her death occurred sometime before her jog or soon after she came home from that party. He's backed into a corner with the statements he has made of seeing her leave to jog that morning.

There is an ability with services like Vonage to have a "soft phone" wherein your PC acts as your phone. Any time you access the web and start your "soft phone", if someone calls your number, it rings on your PC. This is helpful for businesses and folks who might travel frequently. I am not sure that calls initiated with a "sfot phone" register differently on the network than those that go through the telephone adapter at home - because the network may not distinguish them. With VoIP, you can get a NY number that rings in NC, or a Cali number that rings in Alaska, etc. Some folks use it so they can have a local number for where they used to live so friends can call wihtout toll charges. There is a lot of flexibility with VoIP.

Alternatively, you can take your telephone adapter and reconnect it somewhere else to have your phone "move". Only downside to this - because of 911 - if you disconnect your telephone adapter - you have to confirm that you have not "moved" it and that has to be kept on record.

I am not sure that TWC provides this type of soft phone service. I know Vonage does. With that - it would be easy to call yourself "from" home to your mobile phone using your laptop at Starbucks or any other network......

Yes this is true but easy traced to know where you are. Your IP will register... Data takes hops to and from locations. These providers can tell when the origin of the call is.

Ok guys, sorry if I missed it but have they released her TOD and COD? Many of us here remember Michelle Young and the problems with dna that caused. I know LE worked very hard to try and place Jason Young at their house in the time frame of her murder.

I don't see an easy out for Brad if her death occurred sometime before her jog or soon after she came home from that party. He's backed into a corner with the statements he has made of seeing her leave to jog that morning.

No TOD or COD released as of yet Strach.

Hello !

I didn't get the impression that Nancy thought Brad was easdropping on her phone calls from work through VoIP but more keeping a log of her calls and having the ability to cause her home phone calls to suddenly disconnect for no reason.

Of course Brad countered that he'd discontinued this VoIP because Nancy had asked him to. He may have done that, but I believe he could have hooked and unhooked it at will without Nancy knowing it. I know you may need a special kind of phone,but guys like this have a way of making one think you don't believe what your eyes see or that you go along with them and think, 'they wouldn't do that, I'm just being paranoid.'

I know it's been said that once the phone call goes from the server or router or whatever into the public space the call is traceable and can't be tampered with. But, like I said before, it's not possible until someone figures out how to do it.

Is it possible for Brad to have hidden the fact he had his home phone connected to VoIP? I mean within his computers?'

I know once the phone call transfers to public access it can't be changed by him,.........but would this include TWC if it is on their service and not through the world wide internet?

Is this why they want records of TWC?

Thanks for all of the information you techies are supplying. I know my question sound simple, and well, they are. This is from a gal that only knows how to turn the computer on and off and access the internet. Give me just one glitch and I'm off to the Geek Squad!:rolleyes:

:)
fran

IP phones dropping calls is normal and happens all the time. If this was TW VOIP he can not disconnect a call remotely. If this is a Cisco phone... this can ALL be traced if he did disconnect a call. Those commands must come from the Call Manager on a Cisco system and can not be hidden.

IP phones dropping calls is normal and happens all the time. If this was TW VOIP he can not disconnect a call remotely. If this is a Cisco phone... this can ALL be traced if he did disconnect a call. Those commands must come from the Call Manager on a Cisco system and can not be hidden.

This could be why LE had a SW on his office at Cisco, no?

Well, if you read Brad's affidavit - he does spend a lot of time and words trying to prove what he cannot prove. For instance, the whole conversation about giving Nancy $300 a week - he claims he can prove it because his records will show a regular withdrawal of that amount. In previous lines he admits to giving Nancy cash - so how does he prove that those regular withdrawals were actually given to Nancy ? Unless someone witnessed it or he had her email someone with verification, or sign for it - he can't prove anything he claims except he took out money. So in the affidavit at least, he is attempting to prove something he cannot prove. Seems to be a pattern there.

Its more proof then just a bitter friend saying she didn't get money... so you are saying for months he just with drew 300 dollars every week just to have proof?

TOD

Well, we know she was at the party until after 12 midnight. She most likely ate something at the BBQ.

IIRC, Brad said she ate something prior to going jogging at 7 a.m.

The stomach content most likely will be the closest determination they can come to the TOD. That and perhaps any insect activity.

Like I've said, there's different length of time for digestion of various foods. It'll come down to how digested her food is.

All the VoIP knowledge and all the phone calls and store visits aren't going to mean anything IF Nancy was murdered shortly after returning from the neighborhood gathering. IF Brad did this, he could have planned all he wanted to and used all his expertise, but IMHO, he most likely never even considered 'stomach contents.'

Circumstantial, yes..........powerful, most definitely.

JMHO
fran

He cannot prove it. He's been doing damage control from the get go. So much of what is in his custody affidavit has NOTHING to do with his parenting skills, yet EVERYTHING to do with why his wife is dead. Classic. IMO, of course. :)

If I was innocent and my murdered wife had embellished her complaints to friends and now had to defend myself against those same friends to save my kids... I would drag her butt through the mud too. Especially if she had been horrible to me.

Yes, but I understand that he can, I think you call it minimize them, so they're more difficult to detect and may even be written over or something like that.

I'm not a techy, so I'm sure these seem simple to one who's job it is to work with these things. So pardon if it makes no sense.

JMHO
fran

TOD

Well, we know she was at the party until after 12 midnight. She most likely ate something at the BBQ.

IIRC, Brad said she ate something prior to going jogging at 7 a.m.

The stomach content most likely will be the closest determination they can come to the TOD. That and perhaps any insect activity.

Like I've said, there's different length of time for digestion of various foods. It'll come down to how digested her food is.

All the VoIP knowledge and all the phone calls and store visits aren't going to mean anything IF Nancy was murdered shortly after returning from the neighborhood gathering. IF Brad did this, he could have planned all he wanted to and used all his expertise, but IMHO, he most likely never even considered 'stomach contents.'

Circumstantial, yes..........powerful, most definitely.

JMHO
fran

I am not saying this happened but if they determine TOD to be late Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, or even Sunday---then it is pretty powerful evidence as well. Not holding my breath on it.

Its more proof then just a bitter friend saying she didn't get money... so you are saying for months he just with drew 300 dollars every week just to have proof?

No - I am saying because he withdrew money - it does not in any way shape or form prove he actually gave that amount of money to Nancy every week. Pretty simple.

I am not saying this happened but if they determine TOD to be late Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, or even Sunday---then it is pretty powerful evidence as well. Not holding my breath on it.

Oh, absolutely, the stomach content could be powerful evidence to show Brad didn't do this crime as well as prove he did.

But like you, I'm not holding my breath that it is going to exonerate him.

JMHO
fran

No - I am saying because he withdrew money - it does not in any way shape or form prove he actually gave that amount of money to Nancy every week. Pretty simple.

I agree. I usually withdraw my money for the week to keep me from using my check card. It keeps me on budget better. Anyway, the point is, if I needed to I could say that I was drawing it out to give to my spouse.

That would fall under covering your tracks, I'd think.

If I was innocent and my murdered wife had embellished her complaints to friends and now had to defend myself against those same friends to save my kids... I would drag her butt through the mud too. Especially if she had been horrible to me.

You see, THIS is where Brad MAY have made a fatal error as well as his attorney. Frankly, I'm REALLY surprised that this attorney allowed all these affidavits to fly back and forth. REALLY surprised.

When Brad lawyered up, he basically invoked his right to NOT incriminate himself and NOT speak to LE without his lawyer present. He SHOULD HAVE kept to the game plan. As it is, those affidavits were a WEALTH of information for LE.

I've even seen statements by highly seasoned LE who said they've never before seen a case like this and LE is thrilled with all of this information offered by a lawyered-up NOT suspect.

The majority of the affidavits offered by the defendent were geared more towards proving he did NOT kill his wife, rather than the custody issue. Some people may not agree, but believe me, LE sees it that way and it definitely didn't get past them.

Brad would have benefitted more by NOT saying another word other than what needed to be said in court before the judge. His affidavits were for benefit of the court of public opinion. He didn't need to prove anything to them, it was LE he needed to be wary of. What he actually did was hand them everything on a silver platter, IMO.

NOT a smart move. :waitasec: IMO, he's now realizing that but it's too late.:bang:

JMHO
fran

Hey Roy I'm not RC but I believe if anyone else thought Nancy was going running with Carey it was because BRAD told them that. Not because Nancy told them that. She never intended running that morning - she was scheduled to help her friend paint.. That' sjust MY opinion obviously. Honestly though I don't recall hearing anyone else saying Nancy was running with Carey.

Not running? I thought one of her friends at the party DID say she was going to run the next morning. A short run (3 - 5 miles) would not be out of the question for someone who wanted to keep up with training for a half; some is better than none. I also recall JA saying that some of their route was off the beaten path. If that is so, and she did run, that raises some questions.

Does anyone else find it odd that Carey's affidavit is so short? I guess short and to the point is preferable.

I don't find it odd at all. To the point perhaps, but not odd given someone was possibly trying to imply she may have been the last one to see Nancy Saturday.

Not running? I thought one of her friends at the party DID say she was going to run the next morning. A short run (3 - 5 miles) would not be out of the question for someone who wanted to keep up with training for a half; some is better than none. I also recall JA saying that some of their route was off the beaten path. If that is so, and she did run, that raises some questions.

It was Clea Morwick in her FoxNews interview.

Also, look at my post #41 of this thread. The HOW board had information on it, too about her running everyday. Aikohead on that board was believed to be Mike Morwick (Clea's husband).

Sorry Jaydee I didn't do well getting my point across - I don't think she made it to run whether or not she PLANNED to run. I think she was dead before her planned or unplanned run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum