Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, THIS is where Brad MAY have made a fatal error as well as his attorney. Frankly, I'm REALLY surprised that this attorney allowed all these affidavits to fly back and forth. REALLY surprised.

When Brad lawyered up, he basically invoked his right to NOT incriminate himself and NOT speak to LE without his lawyer present. He SHOULD HAVE kept to the game plan. As it is, those affidavits were a WEALTH of information for LE.

I've even seen statements by highly seasoned LE who said they've never before seen a case like this and LE is thrilled with all of this information offered by a lawyered-up NOT suspect.

The majority of the affidavits offered by the defendent were geared more towards proving he did NOT kill his wife, rather than the custody issue. Some people may not agree, but believe me, LE sees it that way and it definitely didn't get past them.

Brad would have benefitted more by NOT saying another word other than what needed to be said in court before the judge. His affidavits were for benefit of the court of public opinion. He didn't need to prove anything to them, it was LE he needed to be wary of. What he actually did was hand them everything on a silver platter, IMO.

NOT a smart move. :waitasec: IMO, he's now realizing that but it's too late.:bang:

JMHO
fran

I agree he's certainly made all the wrong moves for an innocent man. The fact that he stopped showing up for press conferences immediately following the discovery of the body and failing to attend even one memorial, prayer vigil, etc. speaks volumes. I don't care how private you are, you attend the memorial service of your dead wife and mother of your children. They weren't so estranged that he couldn't go to the party the night before she disappeared so in my mind, if he could attend the last party with her, he could attend her funeral.

Sorry Jaydee I didn't do well getting my point across - I don't think she made it to run whether or not she PLANNED to run. I think she was dead before her planned or unplanned run.

Oh, I see. I didn't read it that way, but now understand what you meant to say.

It was Clea Morwick in her FoxNews interview.

Also, look at my post #41 of this thread. The HOW board had information on it, too about her running everyday. Aikohead on that board was believed to be Mike Morwick (Clea's husband).

Thanks -- I went back to that post and read. I've been on vacation and there has been so much posted, there is no way to go back and try to catch up... too much rehashing and makes my head spin. I did read all the press updates and theory updates, though.
:confused:

Looks like everyone just has to wait for the facts to come out by way of LE.

I agree he's certainly made all the wrong moves for an innocent man. The fact that he stopped showing up for press conferences immediately following the discovery of the body and failing to attend even one memorial, prayer vigil, etc. speaks volumes. I don't care how private you are, you attend the memorial service of your dead wife and mother of your children. They weren't so estranged that he couldn't go to the party the night before she disappeared so in my mind, if he could attend the last party with her, he could attend her funeral.

See this is where all the contradictions come into play. In his affidavits he stated he "loved my wife." His actions completely contradicted his words. Well, even some of his words contradicted his 'other' words.:crazy:

Circumstantial evidence, yes. Proof of his guilt, no. But, it's piling one circumstance after the other that point to his guilt, that MAY convict him. We saw this in another case. When the volume of circumstances piles too high, there's no other reason except the accused is guilty.:bang:

We only know SOME of what MAY point to Brad Cooper's guilt. What we know so far is NOT enough. But I'm willing to bet, by his affidavits, LE has a LOT. LE's time to show their hand would be during the trial, IF there is one.:behindbar

FWIW, I still haven't seen one shred of evidence this crime was committed by anyone other than the usual suspect. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Oh, I see. I didn't read it that way, but now understand what you meant to say.

LOL well that's because I let my fingers engage before my brain did LOL and I didn't type it the way I was thinkin' it in my head. :crazy:

I have a question for the websleuthers who are locals to this case and have been down and mentioned Holly Springs Road.
I know it's been said that it is busy and it's thought that people wouldn't jog/run down it....but would that be the same at the time Nancy supposedly went for her run? (Busy first thing in the morning, too?)
Been meaning to ask for a while, but I keep getting distracted!

It is not busy at that time on Saturday... Very very little traffic.

It was Clea Morwick in her FoxNews interview.

Also, look at my post #41 of this thread. The HOW board had information on it, too about her running everyday. Aikohead on that board was believed to be Mike Morwick (Clea's husband).

Because through the affidavits it appears that Nancy had a long personal conversation with Clea the night before she disappeared, I tend to believe Nancy did have plans to run that morning. Maybe a short run, but plans to do so just the same.

Guess Brad's fatal mistake here was he inserted Carey's name and it wasn't necessary to make it sound believeable.

See, this is what these guys do, (well, IF he did this crime:rolleyes:), they give out too much information. IMO, they think it makes their story sound truthful as to the events, when in fact, too much information, down to minute by minute accounts, makes the explanation sound scripted.

JMHO
fran

Because through the affidavits it appears that Nancy had a long personal conversation with Clea the night before she disappeared, I tend to believe Nancy did have plans to run that morning. Maybe a short run, but plans to do so just the same.

Guess Brad's fatal mistake here was he inserted Carey's name and it wasn't necessary to make it sound believeable.

See, this is what these guys do, (well, IF he did this crime:rolleyes:), they give out too much information. IMO, they think it makes their story sound truthful as to the events, when in fact, too much information, down to minute by minute accounts, makes the explanation sound scripted.

JMHO
fran

I also tend to believe NC intended to be out of the house for a while that morning (before her plans to paint with JA later) based on what Clea has stated.

I don't think Brad necessarily was lying about her running with Carey. Perhaps Nancy lied to him about her plans that morning. I think we have evidence that she wasn't always truthful with him. Remember, their marriage was in shambles at this point.

Just trying to look at different sides.

Does anyone else find it odd that Carey's affidavit is so short? I guess short and to the point is preferable.

I don't find it odd, I find it brilliant. If I were Carey, I'd keep to the point. Answer the big question and that's it. I'm sure she wants as little involvement in this as possible.

I agree, short and to the point is definitely preferable.

It is not busy at that time on Saturday... Very very little traffic.

Someone on the board drove it last saturday at the time of day Nancy was reported by Brad to have gone out for her run. That sleuther (was it you, d99 or someone else?) reported fairly light traffic and a few joggers out on Holly Springs road, IIRC.

I would go back and try to find the post, but there are sooo many it would take forever! Does that poster want to refresh our memories? :)

I am beginning to wonder if these affidavits did more harm than good. Some of the statements had no reason to be put on there and needed to wait until the trial with a jury IMO.

On WRAL TV news at noon today, I heard the tail end of something like, Cary PD chief thanks everyone for their help/cooperation, etc. in the Cooper case. Then it sounded like they were trying to suggest that things were coming toward a big finale. Does anyone know what was said?

On the way home from physical therapy today I noticed that Brad Cooper's backyard floodlight stays on all the time. It's been on for ages now. I suppose no one is living there. Don't know. Although I have seen his car parked in the drive last week.

His mother was there last week because she slammed the door in Amanda Lamb's face when Amanda went to the door and identified herself. This was the same afternoon Ed and Amanda told us about the other search warrants for Cisco and the mystery one.

Neither Ed nor Amanda saw Brad though

On WRAL TV news at noon today, I heard the tail end of something like, Cary PD chief thanks everyone for their help/cooperation, etc. in the Cooper case. Then it sounded like they were trying to suggest that things were coming toward a big finale. Does anyone know what was said?

On the way home from physical therapy today I noticed that Brad Cooper's backyard floodlight stays on all the time. It's been on for ages now. I suppose no one is living there. Don't know. Although I have seen his car parked in the drive last week.

I have also noticed the spotlights on in the back of his home. I also noticed how he pulled all the blinds and 3 of the windows upstairs he has the top half open to be able to look out. The bottom half of the window are shut tight.

I have seen BC at home outside not too long ago in his garage.

Are you serious? This was already a media circus. Him showing up for the memorial or any of the other public events would have magnified it exponentially. It would have taken away from celebrating her and put all the focus on him. And I'm guessing more than a few people would have blasted his "arrogance" for showing up.

Are you serious? This was already a media circus. Him showing up for the memorial or any of the other public events would have magnified it exponentially. It would have taken away from celebrating her and put all the focus on him. And I'm guessing more than a few people would have blasted his "arrogance" for showing up.

I would agree with you on this one.

I totally agree. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum