Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, absolutely! I just wish I was in on the scoop. It's like it's impossible for your mind to rest until you know.:banghead:
I wish I were too. Little snippets here 'n there are nice, but woefully inadequate to quench a sleuthy-size thirst. When the O.J. case was happening I followed EVERY last piece of info from the prelim through the civil case...I had encyclopedic knowledge of that case down to each blood stain and where it was sent for testing. I was a woman obsessed. That lit the fire, so-to-speak. I don't follow every case, nor even every high-profile case, but the few I do occasionally get my teeth into, it's like I have to study every single thing along the way.

This one has me hooked for some reason.

I wish I were too. Little snippets here 'n there are nice, but woefully inadequate to quench a sleuthy-size thirst. When the O.J. case was happening I followed EVERY last piece of info from the prelim through the civil case...I had encyclopedic knowledge of that case down to each blood stain and where it was sent for testing. I was a woman obsessed. That lit the fire, so-to-speak. I don't follow every case, nor even every high-profile case, but the few I do occasionally get my teeth into, it's like I have to study every single thing along the way.

This one has me hooked for some reason.
Me too, and I think I've finally figured out why that is for me. My cousin was murdered by her ex about 20 years ago. She was about Nancy's age and her mother, my aunt (also now deceased), looks/looked so much like Nancy. The resemblance is uncanny. It's strange how people can associate other's lives with their own experiences.

Me too, and I think I've finally figured out why that is for me. My cousin was murdered by her ex about 20 years ago. She was about Nancy's age and her mother, my aunt (also now deceased), looks/looked so much like Nancy. The resemblance is uncanny. It's strange how people can associate other's lives with their own experiences.
WOW Entre! I'm so sorry about your cousin. No wonder this hits close to home for you! That would pull you in for sure. I can't believe how common spousal murder is. I know it always existed but still.... :hand:

BTW, this is your daily IT'S A SMALL WORLD moment: I was at a party tonight and was with the person being referenced by JTF in this post. I happen to be friends with this individual and recognized this person's username because I communicate with them occasionally via email.

And this individual is absolutely telling the truth. They *do* have a friend who is in the law enforcement field and that convo with that friend DID happen. Now I have no way of knowing if my contact's friend was embellishing the story in anyway or not. We were discussing this case and my contact mentioned their friend and I remembered reading their post and then I point-blank asked them if that was really true...and I was assured that the story is true--and that's what they were told, verbatim.

So for what it's worth, I thought I'd share it with y'all. I see this person socially a couple times a month...I had no idea they were posting on that WRAL message board until I happened to see it myself a few weeks ago.

SMALL WORLD, eh?

So if I have the times correct by the post...it was the 16th @ 12:19pm. This would be during the SW. They already knew who did it. Am I correct abouut this timing?

So if I have the times correct by the post...it was the 16th right after noon time. This would be during the SW. They already knew who did it. Am I correct abouut this timing?
Good question...I don't know about the exact timing of that convo or how it related to any of the SWs or even IF it related to the SWs. I think it was more of a 'general impression' type comment between the 2 (P.I. applicant and CPD person), but of course the CPD person would be knowlegeable of whatever was known by that point so their opinion would reflect that.

Good question...I don't know about the exact timing of that convo or how it related to any of the SWs or even IF it related to the SWs. I think it was more of a 'general impression' type comment between the 2 (P.I. applicant and CPD person), but of course the CPD person would be knowlegeable of whatever was known by that point so their opinion would reflect that.

SG...with the link you posted it shows the post and this...
jmflu
July 16, 2008 12:19 p.m.

so this puts it at a time the search was being conducted.

See if you see it the same way I am. I know its late and I could be missing something...but the original post appears like it was the time of posting.

July 16, 2008 12:19 p.m.

Yes indeed that was the time of that person's post on the original thread. So if that convo happened exactly as described, the day before, then the remark between the "P.I. applicant" and someone in LE would have occurred on 7/15. Keep in mind that this info is 2nd (or 3rd) hand so give it whatever weight you think it deserves.

I personally believe it cause it sounds like one of those momentary exchanges that is kind of flippant on the surface, but upon reflection is imbued with more meaning.

One more thought: just the fact that a mother of 2 went missing in a VERY SAFE community, and the fact that she was in an extremely unhappy marriage, on the verge of divorce, still living with a husband who did NOT report her missing...that alone would raise LE's HINKY FLAG a lot. If that comment was made, it could have reflected that, as much as anything found in the investigation.

Yes indeed that was the time of that person's post on the original thread. So if that convo happened exactly as described, the day before, then the remark between the "P.I. applicant" and someone in LE would have occurred on 7/15. Keep in mind that this info is 2nd (or 3rd) hand so give it whatever weight you think it deserves.

I personally believe it cause it sounds like one of those momentary exchanges that is kind of flippant on the surface, but upon reflection is imbued with more meaning.

One more thought: just the fact that a mother of 2 went missing in a VERY SAFE community, and the fact that she was in an extremely unhappy marriage, on the verge of divorce, still living with a husband who did NOT report her missing...that alone would raise LE's HINKY FLAG a lot. If that comment was made, it could have reflected that, as much as anything found in the investigation.

Correct. The conversation happened on Tuesday if the poster is correct. . This would have happened before the SW. NC had been found and the area searched while waiting word on her being ID'd.

BC going to SH once NC was identified. I now wonder if he thought the LE would come to arrest him that night and he needed the girls to be with someone if this occured?

I tell you the LE went to HT pretty darn quick after talking to BC. He told them something that did not sit right with them. I don't know the exact time they went, but by Sunday afternoon they had already come, reviewed and found what they wanted.

LTF is also another clue to them, I tell you that is not right either.

Not calling the LE, the hospital or having any concern. He messed up big time and IMO they knew who they needed to look at immediately.

I now wonder if he thought the LE would come to arrest him that night and he needed the girls to be with someone if this occured?

hmmmm don't know. The girls would not have been left alone if this happened. LE would have made sure the girls were with NC's parents or sister I think.

I tell you the LE went to HT pretty darn quick after talking to BC. He told them something that did not sit right with them. I don't know the exact time they went, but by Sunday afternoon they had already come, reviewed and found what they wanted.
What would you normally expect a turnaround time to be in such a case? Maybe they were concerned that the video tape (if tape was used) might 'loop' over every 7 days or less, as some of these systems do, and they wanted to make sure they got ahold of the video images before that happened. She went missing on 7/12...HT visit on 7/12. So they probably thought they needed to get any video well before 7/19, in case the system was looping.

No it's got HINKY DINKY PARLEZ VOUS all over it (to quote myself).

Not calling the LE, the hospital or having any concern. He messed up big time and IMO they knew who they needed to look at immediately.
Yes, clearly. I mean just statistically it's usually the intimate partner in what...like 95+% of these cases (maybe higher?) So just from a pure stats standpoint they'd HAVE TO think of him as a possible perp. THEN you add in the data points of:

- very unhappy/contentious rel'p on the verge of divorce and this is well known to everyone around them.
- no one else saw her after midnight the Fri before
- no one had seen her "jogging" that morning in what can only be considered a fairly busy/active and SAFE community
- husband doesn't report her missing at all...not even HOURS later.
- husband is "out and about looking in all the wrong places" for 2.5 hrs
- husband's 'search' for wife on 7/12 is only prompted by the wife's best friend calling twice and wanting to come over to watch the kids.
- Best friend of wife has been FRANTIC and WORRIED about her friend not showing up for 8am painting appt. Either this friend is a paranoid nervous Nelly who needs to be on heavy tranquilizers *or* friend has been fearing for the safety of NC for some time and HER HINKY METER went off full throttle that morning when NC did not show up and she couldn't locate her. (hint: I select option B).

And THAT'S what occurs in just a period of what, less than 8 hours?

LE would have to be blind, deaf, and dumb NOT to see there was something very strange going on right from the get-go and involving the husband.

Brad locked himself in to a timeline, made some strange choices in 'searching' for his wife, did not show any concern UNTIL NC's best friend was going to be in his face at his house, made early morning visits to a grocery store (one for laundry detergent), and isolated himself from press conferences, being with the in-laws, etc, etc.

HINKY x2.

Yep, there's no way I think they'd have handed those girls over without thinking BC was their man.

Hinky squared.

I just figured out who used to say hinky a lot. "Al" from Quantum Leap.

Correct. The conversation happened on Tuesday if the poster is correct. . This would have happened before the SW. NC had been found and the area searched while waiting word on her being ID'd.

BC going to SH once NC was identified. I now wonder if he thought the LE would come to arrest him that night and he needed the girls to be with someone if this occured?

Don't forget LE was in the house by 3pm the same day Nancy went missing - no telling what they saw. Trained observers basically in the house, looking at everything visible, watching Brad for reactions to questions about Nancy, looking over the X5 while Brad allows them to take Nancy's purse, observation of the contents of the purse most likely. Already aware of the marital relationship which obviously Brad did not deny. Also Jessica Adam and Michelle Richardson were there as well - a lot of data points within 8 hours of when Brad said she went missing, and as we know from the affidavits, very differing views of what happened. JA was in a bit of a panic on the 911 call, it's highly likely her panic had not subsided by the time LE spoke with her at the Cooper residence that afternoon.

I would say LE had some clues that they might be dealing with more than a missing person case on July 12.

Good morning, RC. I've been spending the morning pondering the "why the visit to Lifetime Fitness" issue. Haven't come up with anything that holds water when you think through all the holes (other than just proving that he did try to "find" Nancy). Still thinking...

Good morning, RC. I've been spending the morning pondering the "why the visit to Lifetime Fitness" issue. Haven't come up with anything that holds water when you think through all the holes (other than just proving that he did try to "find" Nancy). Still thinking...

Add these two thoughts to your data base.

JA when she called 911, was unsure if 911 could do anything to help since Nancy had not been gone for 24 hours.

Brad in his affidavit also references he did not think Nancy could be reported missing until after 24 hours.

ok question - but please keep in mind I'm figting a bug and am not thinking clearly, plus when I'm sick I tend to go into ultra-sensitive (aka confused) mode. That said, I've been thinking about RKAB's (and others) posts on the Canada issue. As in that Canada tends to protect it's citizens when it comes to death penalty states; and also that BC might be in the process of obtaining US citizenship which may include not being able to return to Canada for one year.

It seems BC is being looked at very closely by CPD and his travels are quite possibly being monitored. But he's not been charged yet or named a POI, and as far as we know no restrictions have been placed on him stating he can't leave the area/states (at least by LE).

So, since he's not been charged *yet* and if he is guilty (and so far that's how it looks), I'm not actually sure why he's sticking around. Granted it would seem his education and training would be lost and I'm not even sure that someone would be able to function in society under their own name -- or maybe that would apply more once/when charges were involved? It's a fairly safe bet that CPD will have enough on him in the near future (if they don't already) to bring charges, and I'd think they'd do that no matter if he was living here or in Canada, right? or wrong?

Why is he sticking around waiting? Can he be that certain he either won't be charged or won't be found guilty - either because he didn't do it or because he just doesn't believe he'll be found guilty? Trying to put myself in his head and..well I don't know that staying put would be the prime option (but then again I sure wouldn't ko my so or anyone else except in self defense that is!)

Add these two thoughts to your data base.

JA when she called 911, was unsure if 911 could do anything to help since Nancy had not been gone for 24 hours.

Brad in his affidavit also references he did not think Nancy could be reported missing until after 24 hours.

There are two possibilities I'm thinking about. I'll put them in separate posts so people can refer to the individually.

First, towels. LTF has lots and lots of white towels. There is no fee for using LTF towels. If you go to the outdoor pool you are supposed to bring your own towels from home for that, though.

What if the Coopers had snuck some of the towels home, maybe some dry ones so they could protect the car seats from the girls wet swimsuits if they didn't change to dry clothes at the club? Maybe they did this regularly and returned the towels later. If they had some of those towels at home BC could have used them for cleanup or for lining the car trunk. They could have been washed once at home (or not at all) and then brought back in a gym bag and added to the big baskets to get washed again.

Holes: He would have had to check in to bring the towels in. He would have had to carry the bag in (suspicious if he was supposed to be searching for his wife) Also, he had the girls with him, so he would have had to leave them in the car or bring them in with him.

All in all, seems risky for him, but in panic, maybe?

ok question - but please keep in mind I'm figting a bug and am not thinking clearly, plus when I'm sick I tend to go into ultra-sensitive (aka confused) mode. That said, I've been thinking about RKAB's (and others) posts on the Canada issue. As in that Canada tends to protect it's citizens when it comes to death penalty states; and also that BC might be in the process of obtaining US citizenship which may include not being able to return to Canada for one year.

It seems BC is being looked at very closely by CPD and his travels are quite possibly being monitored. But he's not been charged yet or named a POI, and as far as we know no restrictions have been placed on him stating he can't leave the area/states (at least by LE).

So, since he's not been charged *yet* and if he is guilty (and so far that's how it looks), I'm not actually sure why he's sticking around. Granted it would seem his education and training would be lost and I'm not even sure that someone would be able to function in society under their own name -- or maybe that would apply more once/when charges were involved? It's a fairly safe bet that CPD will have enough on him in the near future (if they don't already) to bring charges, and I'd think they'd do that no matter if he was living here or in Canada, right? or wrong?

Why is he sticking around waiting? Can he be that certain he either won't be charged or won't be found guilty - either because he didn't do it or because he just doesn't believe he'll be found guilty? Trying to put myself in his head and..well I don't know that staying put would be the prime option (but then again I sure wouldn't ko my so or anyone else except in self defense that is!)

They would probably send him back anyway. I think he will just blow his brains out instead. Of course, he may not know everything they have on him either. And you can bet his attorney will be keeping him positive assuming he is charged.

There are two possibilities I'm thinking about. I'll put them in separate posts so people can refer to the individually.

First, towels. LTF has lots and lots of white towels. There is no fee for using LTF towels. If you go to the outdoor pool you are supposed to bring your own towels from home for that, though.

What if the Coopers had snuck some of the towels home, maybe some dry ones so they could protect the car seats from the girls wet swimsuits if they didn't change to dry clothes at the club? Maybe they did this regularly and returned the towels later. If they had some of those towels at home BC could have used them for cleanup or for lining the car trunk. They could have been washed once at home (or not at all) and then brought back in a gym bag and added to the big baskets to get washed again.

Holes: He would have had to check in to bring the towels in. He would have had to carry the bag in (suspicious if he was supposed to be searching for his wife) Also, he had the girls with him, so he would have had to leave them in the car or bring them in with him.

All in all, seems risky for him, but in panic, maybe?

Since you know about the white towels is it safe to assume you are a member of LTF ? I have some questions about the membership cards specifically and would appreciate any help in getting answers. I understand however if you do not wish to answer publically. No problem at all.

They would probably send him back anyway. I think he will just blow his brains out instead. Of course, he may not know everything they have on him either. And you can bet his attorney will be keeping him positive assuming he is charged.

Ouch, with that mental image I think I'll take some more aspirin and go back to bed! I do agree that if he's staying clear of the internet (and away from people who might be talking/staring), he might be buying into a positive scenario. This so seriously sucks for everyone involved and esp for those two innocent little girls...(well and obviously for NC herself)

Roy, I've said he'd commit suicide if arrested, from the beginning (in my mind and on the WS board). I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to take a few pills, drink a bottle of wine and watch the Olympics til he dozes off into oblivion. They'll find him when they come to arrest him, dead. Although, I'll bet someone will have a better story than I.

If not, I'm surprised that he hasn't already gone to Sally Beauty and purchased hair dye in "Come-Hither Blonde" as well as goatee grooming aids. Do you think he's asked his mom to borrow her car and credit cards for a jaunt to Mexico? I wonder if CPD has checked the local music stores to see if he's bought a "Come Away with Me" CD and called his lover to go on a trip with him?

Seriously, he seems personality-disordered, with narcissistic being on top of the list. Never expect the normal from someone like that. He'd kill himself just to keep anyone from "having him", as in prison or having him caught thus exposing his real self to the world. Narcissists unravel and panic when their real selves become evident to those they've led to believe they are so wonderful.

Anyway, you WS folks are working hard. The Cary PD should take a vacation. You will have it tied up by the time they get back to work.

I think he will just blow his brains out instead. Of course, he may not know everything they have on him either. And you can bet his attorney will be keeping him positive assuming he is charged.

Quite a few folks think BC will kill himself if charged/convicted...I think he won't. I thought Scott Peterson would kill himself before ever going to SQ but surprise-surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm