Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - got you ! Sorry - we do get a tad technical , it just happens after following cases.

Things will be much better if we ever get any information - but to be very honest, I believe those search warrants are going to stay sealed right up to who ever's trial and only at trial will stuff of importance start coming out. Despite Judge Stephens saying this is not a trend - it is indeed an emerging pattern - the public has the right to know but is continuously denied that right because our PC society dictates a suspect's rights are more important than the victims and the public's right.

Where I struggle is that they only need a tidbit of evidence. You might be right about a new trend being started. It might have to do with Michelle Young or a Chief with strong conviction. But this is different. Like Fran says, this is the most typical husband kills wife case. But he is on the street and labeled cooperative and not even a POI. Never seen it before. The devil's advocate/conspiricy theorists in me makes me think there is more in this than meets the eye.

Come on RC. That is condescending.

Maybe my ideas of circumstancial are not text book. As far as we know, Brad hasn't lied. It is amazing of all that have crucified him for not having one small piece of evidence. I understand the SW but nothing has been said other than Brad and Nancy abused each other mentally. That is it.

I totally get that there is a 95% chance he is guilty from history. But LE is throwing me for a loop with their actions and quietness. It is impressive.

It was never meant to be condescending. From listening to you, the blood and guts is what came to the front, the disregard for other evidence tended to indicate no clue. My mistake.

Brad hasn't lied ? Look again - there are several outright lies in his affidavits - in some instances the 1st contradicts the 2nd, contradicts his own webpage and contradicts even the friends that stood up for him.

There was a very good conversation yesterday about red flags -a good portion of which was based in fact. There are plenty of facts to form a reasonable opinion if one bothers to look at all of them.

I'm just bringing this here as this is what Nancy relayed to her friends who then conveyed this information on their affidavits. Of course, Brad denies these allegations and he's backed up by his friends. But, IMHO, LE is aware of the denials of an abuser. It's standard procedure for an abuser to deny his hurtful actions that go on behind closed doors.

The bottom like is, LE is stupid. They can see right through this.

JMHO
fran

PS...points in red are things that we KNOW Nancy faced per her friends. There may be other things we know NOTHING about. Additional signs of abuse MAY come out IF necessary.....fran

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/domestic_violence_abuse_types_signs_causes_effects.htm

Economic or financial abuse

Remember, an abuser’s goal is to control you, and he will frequently hurt you to do that. In addition to hurting you emotionally and physically, an abusive partner may also hurt you in the pocketbook. Economic of financial abuse includes:

Withholding money or credit cards.
Giving you an allowance. Controlling the finances.
Making you account for every penny you spend.

Stealing from you or taking your money.
Exploiting your assets for personal gain.
Withholding basic necessities (food, clothes, medications, shelter).
Preventing you from working or choosing your own career.
Sabotaging your job (making you miss work, calling constantly)

It's impossible to know with certainty what goes on behind closed doors, but there are some telltale signs and symptoms of domestic violence and abuse. If you witness a number of warning signs in a friend, family member, or co-worker, you can reasonably suspect domestic abuse.

Domestic Violence Warning Signs

Frequent injuries, with the excuse of “accidents”
Frequent and sudden absences from work or school
Frequent, harassing phone calls from the partner
Fear of the partner, references to the partner's anger
Personality changes (e.g. an outgoing woman becomes withdrawn)
Excessive fear of conflict
Submissive behavior, lack of assertiveness

Isolation from friends and family
Insufficient resources to live (money, credit cards, car)
Depression, crying, low self-esteem

ok, I'm stunned that NOTHING from the search warrants will be released! I fully expected that at least sections would be released, and for me this is Huge as far as the role BC may have played in NC's murder.

Reason? - If LE is convinced, at this point, that he's innocent and if nothing of importance (that focused on BC) was contained in the documents, I can see NO reason they wouldn't have been released (in full or in part). There has to be something there that points either directly or indirectly to BC. That's the only thing that makes sense (to me).

Now with the gym (which continues to bother me). Does SH happen to live between the Cooper home and Lifetime? Or could SH possibly have been there when BC stopped by checking on Nancy? Could it be that someone else BC has close ties with was there on that time, on that day? I can almost accept he might have used the gym as a way of convincing the girls that NC was there, but I can't help but wonder if there was another reason...

Oh, hope all of y'all that are over in the Cary/Raleigh area fared ok during the storms!!!

ok, I'm stunned that NOTHING from the search warrants will be released! I fully expected that at least sections would be released, and for me this is Huge as far as the role BC may have played in NC's murder.

Reason? - If LE is convinced, at this point, that he's innocent and if nothing of importance (that focused on BC) was contained in the documents, I can see NO reason they wouldn't have been released (in full or in part). There has to be something there that points either directly or indirectly to BC. That's the only thing that makes sense (to me).

Now with the gym (which continues to bother me). Does SH happen to live between the Cooper home and Lifetime? Or could SH possibly have been there when BC stopped by checking on Nancy? Could it be that someone else BC has close ties with was there on that time, on that day? I can almost accept he might have used the gym as a way of convincing the girls that NC was there, but I can't help but wonder if there was another reason...

Oh, hope all of y'all that are over in the Cary/Raleigh area fared ok during the storms!!!

I have a feeling that LE is protecting everything so when it goes to trial there is no chance of mistrial through gathering and protecting of evidence and making sure that BC gets his due process and isn't tried through the media , and also, it helps to keep things really quiet so you can pick a jury locally.
They are really playing this smart and close to the vest.
But of course we all are dying for something to move on this one!

It was never meant to be condescending. From listening to you, the blood and guts is what came to the front, the disregard for other evidence tended to indicate no clue. My mistake.

Brad hasn't lied ? Look again - there are several outright lies in his affidavits - in some instances the 1st contradicts the 2nd, contradicts his own webpage and contradicts even the friends that stood up for him.

There was a very good conversation yesterday about red flags -a good portion of which was based in fact. There are plenty of facts to form a reasonable opinion if one bothers to look at all of them.

When you have time do you mind pointing those lies out to me? I haven't seen that. I don't even know why this case is so interesting to me. Normally I am just interested in forensic science and serial killers. Not law. I have seen ample signs that Nancy was a prima donna and stretched the truth. I have not seen Brad's lies although I do feel he was a control freak.

I also read you latest post Fran but i see abuse from both Nancy and Brad. And not once have I seen a sign of physical abuse by Brad. Only speculation from others.

I have a feeling that LE is protecting everything so when it goes to trial there is no chance of mistrial through gathering and protecting of evidence and making sure that BC gets his due process and isn't tried through the media , and also, it helps to keep things really quiet so you can pick a jury locally.
They are really playing this smart and close to the vest.
But of course we all are dying for something to move on this one!

ITA and again I'd rather see nothing released if it would jeopardize the case (arrest and/or trial)!

I would like to see one proven lie. Anybody have one? Please

SH lives down almost on Lake Johnston - definitely not along the way to Lifetime or Carey's house.

As to lifetime - my opinion - there was another reason for him to go there, and it wasn't looking for anyone at all or to show the girls Nancy was there.

Where I struggle is that they only need a tidbit of evidence. You might be right about a new trend being started. It might have to do with Michelle Young or a Chief with strong conviction. But this is different. Like Fran says, this is the most typical husband kills wife case. But he is on the street and labeled cooperative and not even a POI. Never seen it before. The devil's advocate/conspiricy theorists in me makes me think there is more in this than meets the eye.

The thing about Brad being cooperative. That was the first days. When Nancy was still missing and up until her body was found. The minute LE served a SW, Brad quit cooperating, he lawyered up. I'm willing to bet he hasn't called LE once to ask if there's any progress. Ok, he has a lawyer and maybe they would tell you not to.

Believe me, if it was my spouse who'd been murdered, I'd be on the phone at least once a day to see if there was any progress. It's human nature. Unless you don't want to know.

After the first press conference, he stopped going because he didn't want to be asked questions, IMO. He then backed out of three memorial services. I am almost certain he was NOT asked to stay away. IF he had, his attorney would have already yelled from the highest flag pole. LE takes this into account to. Believe me, they do.

As for Brad lying. I don't know how much he lied about, but I'm confident he lied about his treatment of Nancy. He then enlisted his friends to help prove he was telling the truth (and he wasn't) I'm also fairly certain he lied about a couple of other things in the deposition. Therefore, I don't know how much of his affidavit I do believe.

Just because he said it in an affidavit, does NOT mean it's true. Look at Scott Peterson in his interview on DS. He flat out said 'yes, I told the police about Amber.' It was a flat out lie and MPD was watching the broadcast.

Many people lie because they've always gotten away with it don't expect someone to question them. We're not talking about career criminals here. We're talking about normal, every day people who have a dark secret and may have taken it to the next level.

JMHO
fran

The thing about Brad being cooperative. That was the first days. When Nancy was still missing and up until her body was found. The minute LE served a SW, Brad quit cooperating, he lawyered up. I'm willing to bet he hasn't called LE once to ask if there's any progress. Ok, he has a lawyer and maybe they would tell you not to.

Believe me, if it was my spouse who'd been murdered, I'd be on the phone at least once a day to see if there was any progress. It's human nature. Unless you don't want to know.

After the first press conference, he stopped going because he didn't want to be asked questions, IMO. He then backed out of three memorial services. I am almost certain he was NOT asked to stay away. IF he had, his attorney would have already yelled from the highest flag pole. LE takes this into account to. Believe me, they do.

As for Brad lying. I don't know how much he lied about, but I'm confident he lied about his treatment of Nancy. He then enlisted his friends to help prove he was telling the truth (and he wasn't) I'm also fairly certain he lied about a couple of other things in the deposition. Therefore, I don't know how much of his affidavit I do believe.

Just because he said it in an affidavit, does NOT mean it's true. Look at Scott Peterson in his interview on DS. He flat out said 'yes, I told the police about Amber.' It was a flat out lie and MPD was watching the broadcast.

Many people lie because they've always gotten away with it don't expect someone to question them. We're not talking about career criminals here. We're talking about normal, every day people who have a dark secret and may have taken it to the next level.

JMHO
fran

Fran,

Those are all opinions. We don't know if Brad is calling LE everyday or not. Give me a lie. Please. I don't doubt he has done anything but we don't have one confirmed lie. The fact that he got a lawyer means zero.

I would like to see one proven lie. Anybody have one? Please

Sure - check the dates in which Brad claims he stopped training for Ironman events in his affidavits - then go to his Adventures of Brad webpage - and check his blog entries - he says in his affidavit he quit in June of 2007 - yet on his webpage -he says he is back to training since the MBA was finished- he writes this in January of 2008. There's a lie there somewhere - may seem insignifiacnt but it shows he is capable of lying - infact it proves he is lying - either in the affidavit or on his website - a lie is a lie.

I might add he also said on his blog he intended to enter the July 20 2008 ironman event in Louisville.

We have such incomplete evidence released in this case that it's hard to vote in either direction. I really need to know COD and some results from those 3 SWs.

We have such incomplete evidence released in this case that it's hard to vote in either direction. I really need to know COD and some results from those 3 SWs.

I am with you. Not saying he is innocent but give us something. The board here is only speculating from SW's and probably right. But we have nothing of evidentary value at all that could convict him.

Fran,

Those are all opinions. We don't know if Brad is calling LE everyday or not. Give me a lie. Please. I don't doubt he has done anything but we don't have one confirmed lie. The fact that he got a lawyer means zero.

I'm with raisincharlie on this. To begin the ironman statement. Which, to me, puts doubt into the truthfulness of just about everything he said.

Just like with other cases, IF he's arrested, I'm sure we'll be amazed at what we didn't know. Truly amazed.

JMHO
fran

PS Please don't discount the signs of abuse. That's how things like that end up in murder. Everyone turned and looked the other way.......fran

The 4:20 am HT purchase would convince me he did it.

I agree and if it's found that he was, in fact, at that HT before 6am, then I think that will be the big 'smoking gun' in this case. It would be a lie of immense proportions and there could not be any innocent explanation for such a lie, IMHO.

I'm with raisincharlie on this. To begin the ironman statement. Which, to me, puts doubt into the truthfulness of just about everything he said.

Just like with other cases, IF he's arrested, I'm sure we'll be amazed at what we didn't know. Truly amazed.

JMHO
fran

PS Please don't discount the signs of abuse. That's how things like that end up in murder. Everyone turned and looked the other way.......fran

And, this wouldn't convict the man of murder, for sure, but it does put him in the shaky credibility category....BUT
he had an affair and lied continuosly to his wife about it, until he was outed by the other woman.
We have yet to see documentation on HT and phone records, this will all be entered into evidence at trial.
So right now, we know he does lie for sure, let's just see what else he has hidden.

"PS Please don't discount the signs of abuse. That's how things like that end up in murder. Everyone turned and looked the other way.......fran"

Abuse escalates. Once a taboo has been crossed, it's easy for the abuser to keep it up, and then to move to the next taboo. And the next one. Until...

JMHO
fran

I don't discount signs of abuse. I have stated that motive has been proven. He had a horrible marriage and I believe there are signs of abuse. Fran, almost half of marriages have signs of abuse. Nothing I have seen proves that Brad ever physically hurt Nancy. I know about mental abuse but mental has to get physical too.

I am ready to be amazed. When they amaze me, I will say he is definitely guilty.

Fran,

FWIW, Brad was invited to TWO press conferences by LE. It appears he accepted yet didn't show up. Each time LE said they 'didn't know why he wasn't there.'

THAT is NOT a good sign and shows he's pulling awayfrom LE. Some individuals may NOT think this is a big deal. But for them I say, just ask any le what they think of when the spouse of the murder vicitm stops attending press conferences that include the family.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members