Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RC, you have to pay to belong! There's a pool and tennis courts. I haven't been there since 1993. We don't belong any more because the kids grew up, and we never went there much anyway. (you have to pay even if you live in Lochmere, I meant to say)

RC...it is a private membership. You don't have to live in Lochmere to join but have to be a member to gain access or be with someone who is a member.

RC, you have to pay to belong! There's a pool and tennis courts. I haven't been there since 1993. We don't belong any more because the kids grew up, and we never went there much anyway.

Thanks. Just wondering since Brad references he has a set time for a tennis match and he had to call to cancel it if maybe it was scheduled there. Seems like public facilities are usually first come first serve maybe?

RC, you have to pay to belong! There's a pool and tennis courts. I haven't been there since 1993. We don't belong any more because the kids grew up, and we never went there much anyway. (you have to pay even if you live in Lochmere, I meant to say)

Do you think they are feeling an impact from LTF? I know we received flyers or mailings the beginning of summer trying to get us to join

Mom, I think everyone is feeling the impact of the LTF. (The smaller fitness centers, wellness centers, yoga places, etc.). I'm sure that the fees for LTF will keep some folks from joining it.

Mom, I think everyone is feeling the impact of the LTF. (The smaller fitness centers, wellness centers, yoga places, etc.). I'm sure that the fees for LTF will keep some folks from joining it.

I think some will always go to the neighborhood pools since they have friends there and their kids friends will also be there. The one thing is many of the subdivisons around here have swim teams and it will be active with those meets.
I just noticed this year how many places tried to get us to join...

I bet Anytime fitness next to Food Lion is really feeling it also.

When BC went to LTF he could have had both cards and said something like my wife will be in here in a minute, she's getting the kids out and one is asleep... or he could have used his wife's card saying he used her car instead and his card is in his car. He could have told them that they could see on the profile that they had a family membership, showed them his ID hoping they wouldn't remember the transaction.

You have pretty much said what I think has happened. LTF is IMO a place he didn't need to check out before Java Jive, WWMC & Hemlock Bluffs. He had intentions going to LTF and it wasn't looking for NC.:mad:

hey, raisincharlie -
yes, it looks like it is membership only -- here's the link for the lowdown on lochmere swim & tennis club -> http://www.lochmere.org/pages/index.cfm?siteid=5086

Zoe,

I noticed your post in the meet up thread about your drive through of the area at a time fairly close to 7am and caught that you saw 5 LEOs near the Swim & Tennis Club.

Of course I have questions :p

The swim/tennis club is pretty much right at the intersection of Lily Atkins and Lochmere Drive - yes ? Lily Atkins from there would run to the east-southeast toward Holly Springs Road - yes ? At the location where Lily Atkins intersects Holly Springs Road - Nancy was found almost straight across from this intersection or at least in almost the same line ( maybe a bit south) - yes ?

Forgive me - this is easy for you all to visualize - not so much for bubba here. Is that fairly reasonable in terms of locations?

Zoe,

I noticed your post in the meet up thread about your drive through of the area at a time fairly close to 7am and caught that you saw 5 LEOs near the Swim & Tennis Club.

Of course I have questions :p

The swim/tennis club is pretty much right at the intersection of Lily Atkins and Lochmere Drive - yes ? Lily Atkins from there would run to the east-southeast toward Holly Springs Road - yes ? At the location where Lily Atkins intersects Holly Springs Road - Nancy was found almost straight across from this intersection or at least in almost the same line ( maybe a bit south) - yes ?

Forgive me - this is easy for you all to visualize - not so much for bubba here. Is that fairly reasonable in terms of locations?

yes, it is. realizing, of course, that one has to turn left onto holly springs road from lily atkins road, then right on fielding drive and travel back to the cul-de-sac area where NC was found. but, your description in terms of straight across and a little south is accurate when looking at a map.

ETA - here's a drawing of the area from the local newspaper -- http://media.newsobserver.com/content/news/crime_safety/story_graphics/20080716_cooperbody.jpg

yes, it is. realizing, of course, that one has to turn left onto holly springs road from lily atkins road, then right on fielding drive and travel back to the cul-de-sac area where NC was found. but, your description in terms of straight across and a little south is accurate when looking at a map.

Thank you Zoe ! Just have to get a picture in my head. This swim/tennis club is a bit east and south of Lochmere Lake as well and probably pretty much near the center of the search area if i have this in my head right. So if one draws a line kinda southwest a tad from Walsburg Court to the swim/tennis club and then another line east- southeast from the swim/tennis club to the recovery location one has basically a 90 degree angle formed at the swim/tennis club.

I'm just trying to figure what the LEOs were up to at that time of the morning by picturing these locations. Appreciate your help very much.

:clap:

Just saw the drawing - that helps too - again thanks !

Zoe if you don't mind can I ask you some more about your trip ? Am fascinated by your descriptions.

Thank you Zoe ! Just have to get a picture in my head. This swim/tennis club is a bit east and south of Lochmere Lake as well and probably pretty much near the center of the search area if i have this in my head right. So if one draws a line kinda southwest a tad from Walsburg Court to the swim/tennis club and then another line east- southeast from the swim/tennis club to the recovery location one has basically a 90 degree angle formed at the swim/tennis club.

I'm just trying to figure what the LEOs were up to at that time of the morning by picturing these locations. Appreciate your help very much.

:clap:

Just saw the drawing - that helps too - again thanks !

YW !
i had wondered if anyone in that immediate area saw what was going on later that morning. i was thinking they might have been getting ready to stop cars and pedestrians to ask, one more time, about the morning NC allegedly went missing. dunno, tho'.

ask away!

Great - if i get on your nerves just tell me to buzz off - all is good !

I noticed you turned off Holly Springs Rd onto Fielding and went down to the recovery site.

First - do you have an estimated time for how long it took you to drive from HS Rd to the recovery site and is Fielding pretty clean as you get close to the site ?

Thanks Dogwood!

OT Note to Self: find out where to get some of those booties LE investigators wear, so you can protect your shoes when walking in your wooded backyard filled with doggy landmines.

SG...I meant to tell you the booties are surgical booties. I am not sure where you can buy them...I know new homes have them at the front doors to walk thru.

They even have them up to the knees....:eek: I just hope it doesn't get that deep where you are walking.:floorlaugh:

SG...I meant to tell you the booties are surgical booties. I am not sure where you can buy them...I know new homes have them at the front doors to walk thru.

Yes I realized that after I posted. You can order just about ANYTHING online!

They even have them up to the knees....:eek: I just hope it doesn't get that deep where you are walking.:floorlaugh:

OMG bwah!! Let's hope not! In the TMI dept I feed my girlie-dog lots of carrots and ummm...yeah...use your imagination. :blushing:

Great - if i get on your nerves just tell me to buzz off - all is good !

I noticed you turned off Holly Springs Rd onto Fielding and went down to the recovery site.

First - do you have an estimated time for how long it took you to drive from HS Rd to the recovery site and is Fielding pretty clean as you get close to the site ?

maybe 3 minutes or so? i was driving rather slow trying to see if i could see folks up and about in their houses! and, yes, it's clean back there -- no obstacles in the road. the cul-de-sac just past the one where NC was found, the lots have been cleared out/cleaned up -- no construction back there yet as of that time, just clearing the trees out of the way.

maybe 3 minutes or so? i was driving rather slow trying to see if i could see folks up and about in their houses! and, yes, it's clean back there -- no obstacles in the road. the cul-de-sac just past the one where NC was found, the lots have been cleared out/cleaned up -- no construction back there yet as of that time, just clearing the trees out of the way.

Okay - 3 minutes at a slow pace.

When you came out - you went left on HS RD to Lily Atkins - right up to Lochmere Drive by the swim/tennis club. Do you recall about how long that took ?

And where you encountered vehicular traffic were some colored cars easier to see at distance than others given the lighting at that time if you recall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97