Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think his 'biggest' mistake was going to the store at all that morning. He must have done it in case someone saw him out and about early that morning--he could say he had to go to the store. However, it's created a whole big hornet's nest cause this is not a typical pattern for him. Now, if he was someone who went to the store early in the morning a couple times a week and had done so for a long time, then this behavior could be seen as just part of a regular pattern of behavior. But nope. Big spotlight shining on this behavior and this behavior *is* unusual for this person at this time of day.

He probably would have been better off assuming no one saw him when he was out so early in that morning....and then stay put at home.

Could the need for laundry detergent have been THAT critical in any crime scene cleanup that he couldn't have waited until later in the day to acquire some?

BC stated Waverly Place...why? He didn't live here when HT was in Waverly Place. It was years before he moved here that it was located there, and he might not had even had known that.

As some on here have taught me...when they say something that is not right it might be a clue.

Waverly Place could be the road he cut thru on to get to HT.

however I do believe in my own thinking that the time between 6 and 7 was when Nancy was taken to the recovery site. JMO on it.

Really? See this surprises me. IF that 4:20am visit to HT happened, then I think the dump would have happened around 4am-ish.

If there was no HT visit at 4:20am then I agree with you on a 6am dump.

But a trip to HT in the 4am hour, if it occurred, doesn't make sense unless he dumps her body around that time; I'm assuming she was dead by 4am so I can't believe he'd leave her body in the house while he went out, and alternatively I can't imagine him driving around and going to HT and leaving her body in the trunk then either. But stranger things have happened, I guess.

Okay so I will say 8 minutes from Wallsburg Court to HT going across Lochmere - should be conservative enough since we aren't rocket scientists here.

So what we have if a person is to transport a body from Wallsburg Ct to the recovery location - there are two ways to get to that location. One way, vehicular traffic is to be expected. The other way - very minimal vehicular traffic until one goes between Lily Atkins and Fielding on Holly Springs Rd. Keeping in mind our person was moving slow and looking at houses.

Wallsburg Ct to Lochmere to Kildaire to HT - 8 minutes

Disposal routes

Route One - traffic encountered Wallsburg to Cary Pkwy to Holly Springs to Fielding to recovery site to HT

4 minutes Wallsburg to Cary Pkwy to Holly Springs to Fielding
3 minutes Fielding to recovery site
3 minutes recovery site to HS RD/Fielding
2 minutes HS Rd/Fielding to Lily Atkins to Lochmere
3 minutes Lochmere/Lily Atkins to Lochmere/Kildaire
3 minutes Lochmere/Kildaire to HT

Total 18 minutes - add one minute to THROW body = 19 minutes

Route Two - minimal traffic encounter -Wallsburg to Lochmere to Lily Atkins to Holly Springs to Fielding to recovery site to HT

3 minutes Wallsburg to Lochmere/Lily Atkins
2 minutes Lochmere/Lily Atkins across HS Rd to Fielding
3 minutes HS Rd/Fielding to recovery site
3 minutes Recovery site to Fielding/HS Rd
2 minutes Fielding/Holly Springs to Lily Atkins/Lochmere
3 minutes Lily Atkins Lochmere to Lochmere/Kildaire
3 minutes Lochmere Kildaire to HT

Total 19 minutes - add one minute to THROW body = 20 minutes

Taking either of these routes - a person would have time to leave the home, dump a body, and go to the store in a maximum of 20 minutes and return back to the house in a total expired time of 28 minutes - roughly.

Two trips to HT - one to dump a body and one just to go to the store total time roughly 48 minutes - add a few minutes to grab a couple of things and one still has time to accomplish all of this in one hour or less.

Excellent work, RC!

:clap:

Thanks to Zoe as well! :)

Great job!

Very impressive!

so you're looking at a direct trip -- does that mean you think he knew of the spot he'd put her right off instead of driving around looking for it or something like that?

Really? See this surprises me. IF that 4:20am visit to HT happened, then I think the dump would have happened around 4am-ish.

If there was no HT visit at 4:20am then I agree with you on a 6am dump.

But a trip to HT in the 4am hour, if it occurred, doesn't make sense; I'm assuming she was dead by 4am so I can't believe he'd leave her body in the house while he went out and I can't imagine him driving around and going to HT and leaving her body in the trunk then either. But stranger things have happened, I guess.

He has access to two vehicles and I for one do not believe he used HIS car to transport Nancy anywhere. The 4am trip could have been the perfect excuse to back the X5 into the drive instead of pulling it in. At 4 am it was much less likely someone would notice this subtle difference.

I am however undecided about TOD.

I think he took a huge chance to hold on to NC's body until 6 or 7. He could be seen by joggers & walkers, the paper delivery person and also the girls were bound to be getting up. Also Bella was old enough to unlock a door and wander around looking inside and outside.

I think she was murdered within 2 hours of coming home, she started possible rigor, and the 1st thing on his mind was to get her out of the house.

Realized he had blood on him and went straight to the store to get detergent instead of risking not having enough.

I actually think his 'biggest' mistake was going to the store at all that morning. He must have done it in case someone saw him out and about early that morning--he could say he had to go to the store. However, it's created a whole big hornet's nest cause this is not a typical pattern for him. Now, if he was someone who went to the store early in the morning a couple times a week and had done so for a long time, then this behavior could be seen as just part of a regular pattern of behavior. But nope. Big spotlight shining on this behavior and this behavior *is* unusual for this person at this time of day.

He probably would have been better off assuming no one saw him when he was out so early in that morning....and then stay put at home.

Could the need for laundry detergent have been THAT critical in any crime scene cleanup that he couldn't have waited until later in the day to acquire some?

Personally, I can't see BC going to the store for anything that time in the morning...let alone laundry detergent...unless he was trying to cover for something.

Very impressive!

so you're looking at a direct trip -- does that mean you think he knew of the spot he'd put her right off instead of driving around looking for it or something like that?

I think he was aware enough of his neighborhood to know where there were no street lights and few houses. Not sure they lived in Lochmere for 8 years but they definitely lived there over 4 and a half.

Don't you ladies just hate to get behind us guys on a road ? We are always looking around instead of just driving. :p

I think he took a huge chance to hold on to NC's body until 6 or 7. One is to be seen by joggers & walkers, the paper delivery person and also the girls were bound to be getting up and the risk he took in holding off in dumping NC. Also Bella was old enough to unlock a door and wander around looking inside and outside.

I think she was murdered within 2 hours of coming home, she started possible rigor, and the 1st thing on his mind was to get her out of the house.

Realized he had blood on him and went straight to the store to get detergent instead of risking not having enough.

Thanks for clarifying. Wow. This just really gives me chills on top of whatever chills I had before. In our little soiree meetup the other day, I commented to the folks there that for some reason these murdering husbands always seem to do some laundry right when they get back.

OJ, David Westerfield, Scott Peterson, and now BC. Only one of those 4 usually did his own laundry and that was because he was single. The rest suddenly got a strong interest in running their washing machine when they got back from wherever they were the same day their intimate partner (or in Westerfield's case, little missing neighbor girl) goes missing and/or is found murdered. And doing laundry does not guarantee removal of DNA. Neither does dry cleaning. And yet these men persist in trying to go that route to clean up.

Until Tide makes a special DNA-stain removal formula, I think burning an item of clothing down to ashes is really the only way to ensure no evidence of DNA. :rolleyes:

Thanks for clarifying. Wow. This just really gives me chills on top of whatever chills I had before. In our little soiree meetup the other day, I commented to the folks there that for some reason these murdering husbands always seem to do some laundry right when they get back.

OJ, David Westerfield, Scott Peterson, and now BC. Only one of those 4 usually did his own laundry and that was because he was single. The rest suddenly got a strong interest in running their washing machine when they got back from wherever they were the same day their intimate partner (or in Westerfield's case, little missing neighbor girl) goes missing and/or is found murdered. And doing laundry does not guarantee removal of DNA. Neither does dry cleaning. And yet these men persist in trying to go that route to clean up.

Until Tide makes a special DNA-stain removal formula, I think burning an item of clothing down to ashes is really the only way to ensure no evidence of DNA. :rolleyes:

Oxyclean or any enzyme based cleaning product will do the job just fine.

He has access to two vehicles and I for one do not believe he used HIS car to transport Nancy anywhere.

question: is there a cover for the cargo area in a BMW x5? If not and that was the car used to move her body then he would have had to use a cover of some type: tarp, blanket, sheet...something.

I'm assuming of course that he didn't put sunglasses on her and prop her up in the front seat, "Weekend at Bernie's" style, while he drove around. :eek:

(sorry, I know it's not funny....but I have to make myself chuckle a little from time to time cause this case is so depressing).

I think he was aware enough of his neighborhood to know where there were no street lights and few houses. Not sure they lived in Lochmere for 8 years but they definitely lived there over 4 and a half.

Don't you ladies just hate to get behind us guys on a road ? We are always looking around instead of just driving. :p

LoL! Yep I know I do!! And yes I'm sure he knows the layout good enuf after all that time. Still seems it required either some thinking on his feet or prior thoughts/fantasies of doing it. (I'd go with the fantasies even if it was a heat of the moment/unplanned thing).

Oxyclean or any enzyme based cleaning product will do the job just fine.

It will?

I've had stains that did not get removed by Oxyclean or by using Nature's Miracle enzymatic solution. Some stains created by me, some created by my dog. It's good stuff, but I haven't found either to work 100% of the time. Then again I've never used it to try and clean up a crime scene so ....

question: is there a cover for the cargo area in a BMW x5? If not and that was the car used to move her body then he would have had to use a cover of some type: tarp, blanket, sheet...something.

I'm assuming of course that he didn't put sunglasses on her and prop her up in the front seat, "Weekend at Bernie's" style, while he drove around. :eek:

(sorry, I know it's not funny....but I have to make myself chuckle a little from time to time cause this case is so depressing).

Weekend at Bernie's might be his favorite movie for all we know.

Read through Zoe's post on the other thread - she gives a very good description of how many people she saw and how the traffic was shortly before 7 am.

If he knew of the dumping site ahead of time, does that make it premeditated. Surely he couldn't think that clearly if by chance he had just killed someone. Of course he took a big chance that someone out with their dog in the back yard could see him go by. I'm out with one of mine at 5:30 everyone morning and I notice every car that goes down the side road by my house.

It will?

I've had stains that did not get removed by Oxyclean or by using Nature's Miracle enzymatic solution. Some stains created by me, some created by my dog. It's good stuff, but I haven't found either to work 100% of the time. Then again I've never used it to try and clean up a crime scene so ....

Let me see if I can find a particular transcript involving a forensics guy - ME/pathologist - can't even remember his name but he does confirm enzyme based products destroy DNA. Will go hunt for it.

Weekend at Bernie's might be his favorite movie for all we know.

Read through Zoe's post on the other thread - she gives a very good description of how many people she saw and how the traffic was shortly before 7 am.

I'll go look for Zoe's post.

Any info on whether there is a cargo cover on a BMW x5 or not?

If he knew of the dumping site ahead of time, does that make it premeditated. Surely he couldn't think that clearly if by chance he had just killed someone. Of course he took a big chance that someone out with their dog in the back yard could see him go by. I'm out with one of mine at 5:30 everyone morning and I notice every car that goes down the side road by my house.

Because he knew of someplace to hide Nancy doesn't indicate premeditation with respect to the murder. It just meant he knew of an isolated spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd