Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RC...I like hearing your thoughts on all the scenario's that are possible. I know there are so many IF's with this case.
But living in the very center of this as some others are on here are, and knowing where he went and as they say 'the lay of the land', some things are possible and other things just aren't reasonable.

Example...some still are trying to say she might have gone jogging in MeadowRidge. I said from the beginning no she wouldn't, it takes someone to see what Cary offers for jogging and bike riding to understand why she wouldn't go there.

As for the purse, I still believe it was in the house. As you mentioned BC could get to it if he wanted so what would be the reason to leave it outside and with her cell?

I don't believe NC was alive near 7am. I think the rage occured when she got home or shortly after. Was he up when she got home or did he get up shortly after midnight and she had gone to bed and he confronted her? I don't know. What we know is she corrected him per DD affidavit in front of guests and they were back again in the 'hate' mode. That final week was not pleasant with her not getting her allowance from him, the place was like a pig pen and then she corrected Mr. controlling ego???

Anything around 7 had a possibility of the children up and around..walkers, joggers behind his house, etc.

Back to the purse....planted, because IMO she was dead much sooner than 7am.

The phone was not in the purse if JA saw it in there. However, if she stood by the car and tried calling NC's cell, JA would have heard it ring. I still think, however, that BC used NC's cell to call his own. OR he could have easily come back home, made the call on his landline, and then gone back out to HT. He had plenty of time for that.

My other question is this: why would NC have taken her purse to a get together just across the street? She wasn't going to buy anything, nor would she have need for anything you would typically put in a purse. Cell phone would be it. And BC was at the party, and he had keys, if they even locked the doors.

This is why I asked the question - she had the phone at the party - we know that - did she just carry it around or did she have her purse and put the phone "in there" - the purse ? My wife doesn't carry a cell phone around - it is usually in her purse - just asking.

If BC used Nancy's cell to call his own - either it was in the house and he had access to it or in whatever vehicle he used to go to the store in, which I think was the X5. If he used the landline at 640 - he had less than 5 minutes to get to HT to be seen buying detergent and juice at 645 - he has receipts, he knew exactly what time he purchsed those items when he wrote that affidavit. No way could he have used the landline at 640 and have a receipt for items at 645.

If he used his car to dispose of the body, chances are he didn't have time to clean it up prior to the second series of trips to HT and since he needed detergent. According to Scott Heider - they always locked their doors.

What baffles me RC is at one time you supported my theory of how the purse got in the car. Now you don't even list it as a possibility. Do you know something we don't? Hmmmm

Jog my brain please :crazy:

I don't know anything - just puzzling like everyone else.

Jog my brain please :crazy:

I don't know anything - just puzzling like everyone else.
SHE put the purse in the car when she was trying to get away from him. He followed her to the car, pulled her out and did her in...in the garage.

RC...I like hearing your thoughts on all the scenario's that are possible. I know there are so many IF's with this case.
But living in the very center of this as some others are on here are, and knowing where he went and as they say 'the lay of the land', some things are possible and other things just aren't reasonable.

Example...some still are trying to say she might have gone jogging in MeadowRidge. I said from the beginning no she wouldn't, it takes someone to see what Cary offers for jogging and bike riding to understand why she wouldn't go there.

As for the purse, I still believe it was in the house. As you mentioned BC could get to it if he wanted so what would be the reason to leave it outside and with her cell?

I don't believe NC was alive near 7am. I think the rage occured when she got home or shortly after. Was he up when she got home or did he get up shortly after midnight and she had gone to bed and he confronted her? I don't know. What we know is she corrected him per DD affidavit in front of guests and they were back again in the 'hate' mode. That final week was not pleasant with her not getting her allowance from him, the place was like a pig pen and then she corrected Mr. controlling ego???

Anything around 7 had a possibility of the children up and around..walkers, joggers behind his house, etc.

Why would he leave her purse in her car for LE to find unless he didn't realize that's where it was? You would think if he used it for purposes for establishing NC's whereabouts before 7 that he would have removed it when he got home. As for the LTF card being in his possession; I keep mine in my gym bag. It wouldn't be with my purse.

SHE put the purse in the car when she was trying to get away from him. He followed her to the car, pulled her out and did her in...in the garage.

Would the first theory not encompass that ? I think so - just not in the same words you used is all.

She wasn't planning on leaving and didn't put her purse there in anticipation of that. It was spur of the moment in anger or fear...running from the monster. Just my opinion. I guess I'm trying to tie it in with why he was confident enough and so agreeable to allow LE into the house. It seems to me the garage would be a likely place for the deed, and how the two of them got there would tie in why the purse was in the car.

I still think this theory requires too much thought process for someone who just committed a crime of passion....not pre-meditated. I have to go with FC's theory because, in his place, I would do the same thing

Agree! Thanks Flowerchild - that theory on the (alleged) LTF attempt to swipe NC's card makes a whole lot more sense than it being a trip to "place" her there.

Before, I was saying I couldn't think of a reasonable explanation (though I really thought the notion of it "placing" her there was nonsensical). You thought of a perfectly reasonable, and IMO likely one.

Anything is possible, and like RC has said, murderers aren't always thinking/behaving rationally, but the notion that he would utilize LTF trip for anything other than what you said just doesn't seem reasonable at all. (again, IMO... :) )

Why would he leave her purse in her car for LE to find unless he didn't realize that's where it was? You would think if he used it for purposes for establishing NC's whereabouts before 7 that he would have removed it when he got home. As for the LTF card being in his possession; I keep mine in my gym bag. It wouldn't be with my purse.

That's just it..it wasn't for LE to find except in the parking lot of LTF. He was trying to establish an alibi around noon to 1pm. The car was his next step in his plan...but JA was too far ahead of him by calling the LE.

NC card could have been in a gym bag...but we don't know that to be the case. Either way the purse was planted there with her cell phone, IMO

That's just it..it wasn't for LE to find except in the parking lot of LTF. He was trying to establish an alibi around noon to 1pm. The car was his next step in his plan...but JA was too far ahead of him by calling the LE.

NC card could have been in a gym bag...but we don't know that to be the case. Either way the purse was planted there with her cell phone, IMO
Do you think he was driving NC's car when LE called him to come home? Doesn't make sense. Put the purse in her car, drive to LTF with children to get her card scanned, come home, drive her car back there. Why not just take her car in the first place to leave? We know it was in the driveway because JA was looking in it. Perplexed!

...also, he told JA she went for a run from the house. How could he explain that the car was all of a sudden not there at the house when he already told JA she didn't drive?

No matter what time of day or night, the homes are really close together where Brad and Nancy live(d). Doors opening/closing on cars, garage, or house, a scuffle--while outside would have made someone's dog bark or someone may have been awake using the bathroom (neighbors), etc. I hear everything.

If he had been threatening and had Nancy outside, she probably would have screamed loudly to get attention, I would think. I think it was an "inside" job. I also think that we will be in for a little surprise or two when all is said and done.

No matter what time of day or night, the homes are really close together where Brad and Nancy live(d). Doors opening/closing on cars, garage, or house, a scuffle--while outside would have made someone's dog bark or someone may have been awake using the bathroom (neighbors), etc. I hear everything.

If he had been threatening and had Nancy outside, she probably would have screamed loudly to get attention, I would think. I think it was an "inside" job. I also think that we will be in for a little surprise or two when all is said and done.
But it could have been muffled if it took place in the garage. That is not outside.

This leaves two possible scenarios:

Nancy was alive sometime in the morning not long before the so called 7 am runtime. {snip}
Any other ideas.

What I can't get past is that she had plans with JA for 8am to paint. I can't see why she would go running at 7am if she was to be at JA's at 8am. I mean I suppose it's not impossible to do so, but it just doesn't feel' right and that's as specific as I can be.

She wasn't planning on leaving and didn't put her purse there in anticipation of that. It was spur of the moment in anger or fear...running from the monster. Just my opinion. I guess I'm trying to tie it in with why he was confident enough and so agreeable to allow LE into the house. It seems to me the garage would be a likely place for the deed, and how the two of them got there would tie in why the purse was in the car.

Too much time would be spent to unlock a vehicle, open the door shut it, lock it and start the engine...

She had a friend directly in front of her doorstep she could scream and bang on the Duncan's door.

Her vehicle was outside not the garage from what I have gathered, so flinging the purse in the SUV would mean she had to go outside.

Too much time would be spent to unlock a vehicle, open the door shut it, lock it and start the engine...

She had a friend directly in front of her doorstep she could scream and bang on the Duncan's door.

Her vehicle was outside not the garage from what I have gathered, so flinging the purse in the SUV would mean she had to go outside.
I asked at one time if anyone knew where the SUV was during the night, and no one knew for sure. Why do you think it was in the drive all night?

...also, I suggested she may be leaving in anger...not just fear. If that were the case, she wouldn't need to bang on the Duncan's door.

Agree! Thanks Flowerchild - that theory on the (alleged) LTF attempt to swipe NC's card makes a whole lot more sense than it being a trip to "place" her there.

Before, I was saying I couldn't think of a reasonable explanation (though I really thought the notion of it "placing" her there was nonsensical). You thought of a perfectly reasonable, and IMO likely one.

Anything is possible, and like RC has said, murderers aren't always thinking/behaving rationally, but the notion that he would utilize LTF trip for anything other than what you said just doesn't seem reasonable at all. (again, IMO... :) )

My source tells me it was NOT to inquire about NC and her whereabouts.

My source tells me it was NOT to inquire about NC and her whereabouts.
Well, THAT makes a big difference. Could you tell us exactly what you know so we can see things from your perspective? Once again, you have a serious advantage, Mom.

Not to mention his 4:20am visit to HT. If that's true and he did go to HT at 4:20am to buy detergent, then she was dead before that...dead before or by 4am. Otherwise, what would be the point of going to the store at 4am? A suddent urge to get up and do laundry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl