Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's as good as when Oprah got Anthony Hopkins to read names out of the phone book just so she (and the audience) could listen to his voice!

/OT

BC stated that he had cleaned the lining of his trunk due to a gasoline spill.

Since they removed the liner of the trunk I would think they could perform a gas cromatograph test on the lining to see if there was a gasoline spill at all.

I am not sure if they would do this as a matter of course, or if it is even worth trying, but it would probably tell if there had been a recent spill in that area, since the remnants of the fuel would probably still be there, even if most of the gas had evaporated.

I doubt that the spill was recent, if it happened at all.

CyberPro

mine are the cleo's - comfy sole and two little straps. nearly nekkid feet, so incredibly comfy. yes, traditional crocs are muy uggy.

I've never heard of Rainbows. But I sure have seen a bunch of them being worn in Cary. I do wonder why they were taken. And why they were listed last, if they were not in the car trunk. And if they were in the trunk, Brad had just vacuumed it. :confused:
FYI, I had on rainbows with the dress I was wearing at JJ's for the memorial party. I doubt you were looking at my feet, but just in case, that's what I had on. And to answer someone else's question, go into Omega Sports at Crossroads and you can purchase a pair for every member of the family. So, yes, children wear them.

N&O reported today that the covers were car seat covers. They were not listed as coming from the car.

N&O reported today that the covers were car seat covers. They were not listed as coming from the car.

:eek:!!! That makes sense, esp. if they found "green/brown vegetable stuff" in his car...they'd need/want the entire cover. They'll test everything they took out of his car since they reasonably believe it was the vehicle that transported her body. They should have taken the whole car and kept it and done a *complete* analysis of every nook 'n cranny in there.

NC General Statutes 14 - 17 is first degree murder. Premeditated. DP. Thinking this one is going to be buttoned down very, very tightly.

NC General Statutes 14 - 17 is first degree murder. DP. Thinking this one is going to be buttoned down very, very tightly.

Really? Wow. For some reason I don't think they'll go for DP in this case...I don't know why I think that right now, but I do. Now in the Jason Young case....if they ever move forward...DP.

§ 14‑17. Murder in the first and second degree defined; punishment.

A murder which shall be perpetrated by means of a nuclear, biological, or chemical weapon of mass destruction as defined in G.S. 14‑288.21, poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, torture, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or which shall be committed in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of any arson, rape or a sex offense, robbery, kidnapping, burglary, or other felony committed or attempted with the use of a deadly weapon shall be deemed to be murder in the first degree, a Class A felony, and any person who commits such murder shall be punished with death or imprisonment in the State's prison for life without parole as the court shall determine pursuant to G.S. 15A‑2000, except that any such person who was under 18 years of age at the time of the murder shall be punished with imprisonment in the State's prison for life without parole. All other kinds of murder, including that which shall be proximately caused by the unlawful distribution of opium or any synthetic or natural salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium, or cocaine or other substance described in G.S. 90‑90(1)d., or methamphetamine, when the ingestion of such substance causes the death of the user, shall be deemed murder in the second degree, and any person who commits such murder shall be punished as a Class B2 felon.

As I read it it sounds like DP is not mandatory, but if they feel the case meets the burden and warrants it they CAN go for it (but they don't have to). Further, even if they ask for the jury to impose the DP it doesn't mean a jury will.

§ 14‑17. Murder in the first and second degree defined; punishment.

A murder which shall be perpetrated by means of a nuclear, biological, or chemical weapon of mass destruction as defined in G.S. 14‑288.21, poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, torture, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or which shall be committed in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of any arson, rape or a sex offense, robbery, kidnapping, burglary, or other felony committed or attempted with the use of a deadly weapon shall be deemed to be murder in the first degree, a Class A felony, and any person who commits such murder shall be punished with death or imprisonment in the State's prison for life without parole as the court shall determine pursuant to G.S. 15A‑2000, except that any such person who was under 18 years of age at the time of the murder shall be punished with imprisonment in the State's prison for life without parole. All other kinds of murder, including that which shall be proximately caused by the unlawful distribution of opium or any synthetic or natural salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium, or cocaine or other substance described in G.S. 90‑90(1)d., or methamphetamine, when the ingestion of such substance causes the death of the user, shall be deemed murder in the second degree, and any person who commits such murder shall be punished as a Class B2 felon.

As I read it it sounds like DP is not mandatory, but if they feel the case meets the burden and warrants it they CAN go for it (but they don't have to). Further, even if they ask for the jury to impose the DP it doesn't mean a jury will.

That's true. But DP is an option. Personally, given his personality, I'd just as soon he get life without parole. Give him a loooong time to sit in his corner and think about what he did.

This is beyond horrendous. :eek:

That's true. But DP is an option. Personally, given his personality, I'd just as soon he get life without parole. Give him a loooong time to sit in his corner and think about what he did.

This is beyond horrendous. :eek:
The existence of those two little girls will probably keep him from getting the DP.

Premeditated killing will be fairly easy to prove, depending on COD. Premeditation happens as late as mere seconds before killing someone...the knowledge that what you are about to do or are already doing will result in the victim's death. That is legally 'premeditation.' He knew. Of course he knew.

Wonder if the Rentz family will be consulted by the DA when/if the time comes to determine whether to go for the DP. Oftentimes the victim's family is consulted for their feelings, thoughts and opinions, but not sure if that is done in NC or not.

Off subject: To all you sluethers from across the country: We North Carolinians may be getting a hurricane at the end of the week. Hanna.

SG, I think I read that victims' families CAN plea for offenders' lives in NC.

Off subject: To all you sluethers from across the country: We North Carolinians may be getting a hurricane at the end of the week. Hannah.

However, please note that Hurricane Hannah is NO relation to any Hannah in this case!

However, please note that Hurricane Hannah is NO relation to any Hannah in this case!
Probably should have called it "Hurricane Heather".

ETA: The "White Tornado" (Cyber's name for Brad) meets "Hurricane Heather".

Now we know why we have heard nothing from BC. His attorneys have muzzled him because what he says just makes things worse for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20