Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SG...#2 on the list is his tennis plans

Most people who are meeting at a tennis court would normally be getting their clothes together, tennis rackets, water, etc to leave 15 minutes prior to match time. 9:30 match, 9:15 leave home, 9am get ready.

Instead @ 9am BC was getting rags, mops, and laundry detergent together to clean up a horrific crime he had committed.

I think his cleanup started well before 9am, but he never did explain what he was doing between 7am - 9am. I doubt he got any sleep in over 24 hrs.

It was good advice even for a murderer. No where in the Rentz's findings is this issue mentioned nor is it mentioned in any of the friends affidavits. Why would a lawyer not advise his client to minimize his comments if they have not been addressed ? Don't get me wrong - much of his affidavit is CYA however, not mentioning this tidbit was also CYA. Civil court and criminal court have very different standards for proof. Unlike a criminal case - Brad would be required to take the stand in a civil matter. In the event he does not answer a question it is allowable for the judge to infer that the question not responded to is a positve. Why hand over ammunition when someone is holding a gun at your head? While we may not like that concept - it is the law.

I'm not defending him or his lawyers. I am however saying that there are distinct differences between court systems, criminal - vs - civil and it would be a good thing to keep in mind.

AND this is exactly where I would tell him to include it! Of all times when he states he got up with a child and tended to her for hours! This is over custody of those children, not the criminal situation he is going to have to address later on!

If there was ever a time he needed to show his love and care for his children it would have been at that moment and stating he got up at 4am!

IMO this a very KEY point that he is wanting to prove to the courts...he wants, tends and deserves his children.

Leaving it out shows he has twisted and lied about his times. This has really hurt him IMO

I think his cleanup started well before 9am, but he never did explain what he was doing between 7am - 9am. I doubt he got any sleep in over 24 hrs.

How about 4 to 6? He never stated he went back to bed...he says he took Katie to his home office after he went to the store 2x. No documented time for the store trips either on the LE affidavit.

AND this is exactly where I would tell him to include it! Of all times when he states he got up with a child and tended to her for hours! This is over custody of those children, not the criminal situation he is going to have to address later on!

If there was ever a time he needed to show his love and care for his children it would have been at that moment and stating he got up at 4am!

IMO this a very KEY point that he is wanting to prove to the courts...he wants, tends and deserves his children.

Leaving it out shows he has twisted and lied his times IMO.

I don't disagree with the premise - it does show a certain amount of caring however it also can be used against him just as you are using it. If this had happened any night other than the early hours of the day his wife goes missing - it would have been in the affidavit IMO.

I don't disagree with the premise - it does show a certain amount of caring however it also can be used against him just as you are using it. If this had happened any night other than the early hours of the day his wife goes missing - it would have been in the affidavit IMO.

And that is the very reason he should have told the same thing in his affidavit as he told the LE. Take the punches, because it has come to bite him now and it is worse then stating it.

Yes, I am using this 4am time against him...it was a stupid move. Now he has showed the courts he lies, is possibly covering tracks and this is not a good 1st step to take. IMO this has done him some severe damage in the custody case.

Most people would show the courts how much they love, want and do for their children...he just happened to forget he got up at 4am to care for a child he says he loves?

And that is the very reason he should have told the same thing in his affidavit as he told the LE. Take the punches, because it has come to bite him now and it is worse then stating it.

Yes, I am using this 4am time against him...it was a stupid move IMO. Now he has showed the courts he lies, is possibly covering tracks and this is not a good 1st step to take. IMO this has done him some severe damage in the custody case.

Most people would show the courts how much they love, want and do for their children...he just happened to forget he got up at 4am to care for a child he says he loves?

By not saying this has proved he has lied ? I'm pretty sure the court understood based on the Ex Parte result that there were grave issues, grave enough to send LE to retrieve the children from his custody instead of allowing him to turn them over himself. The damage was done well before this affidavit.

By not saying this has proved he has lied ? I'm pretty sure the court understood based on the Ex Parte result that there were grave issues, grave enough to send LE to retrieve the children from his custody instead of allowing him to turn them over himself. The damage was done well before this affidavit.
Absolutely it proves he lies. By not stating he got up at 4am with a 2 year old as he told LE, but states in his affidavit at 6:30 he got ready for the girls to get up... He has Katie getting up at 2 total different times.
YES pretty damaging.

Absolutely it proves he lies. By not stating he got up at 4am with a 2 year old as he told LE, but states in his affidavit at 6:30 he got ready for the girls to get up... He has Katie getting up at 2 total different times.
YES pretty damaging.

So it is not possible Katie went back to sleep after whatever issue she had ?

YES pretty damaging.

You know what concerns me more than what he says is - it is what he does not say. If the friends are correct and Nancy slept in the same room as the girls, why is there no mention at all about Bella ? This does concern me a whole lot more.

So it is not possible Katie went back to sleep after whatever issue she had ?

Why did she even get up? What did he do to resolve the situation? No specifics, no times documented to the store...he takes her to the home office? Why? Why not the family room downstairs so she wouldn't waken her sister at that hour? Too many whys.

Anything is possible and it very possible she was woken up by BC @ 4am. That is also why he wanted to avoid putting the 4am time on his affidavit, because too many questions to be asked and answers he rather not provide.
He and his team just hoped the 4am wouldn't be an issue this soon and by eliminating it from his affidavit they might have missed the bullet.

But, THEY DIDN'T. Up until the LE affidavit was released it was only neighborhood gossip about 4am, but now it is in black and white that he indeed did mention 4am. Now what?:eek:

That is also why he wanted to avoid putting the 4am time on his affidavit, because too many questions to be asked and answers he rather not provide.

If this is true, then I guess it makes me wonder why he even bothered telling LE about the 4am wakeup to begin with. If the desire is to keep 4am a secret, why disclose it to anyone?

If he disclosed it in order to explain why someone may report the lights being on a 4am, then there doesn't seem much drawback to offering a consistent story in his custody affidavit.

RC's suggestion that he may very well have been advised by his attorneys to not put anything in the custody affidavit that wouldn't be common knowledge, and/or that would open him up to dicey cross examination seems to make as much sense as anything regarding why it was omitted.

Why is there no mention at all about Bella ? This does concern me a whole lot more.

Agreed here RC. And I posted about this earlier... surely both LE and the family have asked Bella if she saw mommy up; and about at any point on Saturday AM. So they (LE/family) know Bellla's answer to this question. If answer is 'yes', then that puts some constraints on TOD for them (assuming they take her statements as credible). If the answer is 'no', then that would raise their suspicion meter even further I would think. LE and the family know the answer, but unfortunately, we don't at this point.

All we have (and I know many question the credibility of it), is the (2nd hand) comment from DD that Bella did see Mommy leave the house on the morning of the 12th (or at least saw her that morning at some point).

In the pic on the memorial site with the subtitle 'acting silly', did anyone else notice that NC is wearing what looks a lot like rainbow brand flip flops?

I wonder if these were the ones taken with the SW...

http://www.imorial.com/memorials/NancyCooper/images/Full/FULL-13956.jpg

AND she is holding the keys in her hands....interesting

Just some things that I also find note worthy...that it was stated it was Katie who got up, maybe so, but remember Katie does not talk and would be a convenient choice because she could not confirm or deny in words any details of why she was up, what time, what woke you up , what was daddy and/or mommy doing at the time. She could nod yes or no, but IMO she could not give any verbal details.
Also about cleaning. If Nancy just returned home to a messy house I would believe that she must have spent a great deal of time cleaning it during the week to get it back to her standards. If so, why would it then need such a thorough cleaning again, just days after she already cleaned it...that rates high on my suspicious (hinky) meter. Also if it was something that irritated her and they were in "hate" mode, I can not possibly imagine BC wanting to make her happy, just the opposite, that he would snicker that she was upset at any new messes, and feel that he was winning, maybe this was "sport" for him. I also can't see him starting to clean if he indeed had tennis plans unless he knew for sure she wasn't coming home and he would be home with the girls anyway. This cleaning thing does not sit well with me. Of course, this is JMO.

In the pic on the memorial site with the subtitle 'acting silly', did anyone else notice that NC is wearing what looks a lot like rainbow brand flip flops?

Welcome NCM2B!!

Good Eyes! I believe they are rainbows. Too bad we can't see the symbol tag. But I expect some will say...no unless we see it the tag it might not be rainbows :)

It would be interesting to know if these are the ones taken. As you know...rainbows do not have a female/male syle especially with leathers, to be able to identify the difference and know which was taken. I sure don't in my house. The pink ones I do know are one of my daughters LOL, but that is the only pair.

Anyway here is the link for Rainbows. I think it is 'leathers' that were the 1st rainbows when they originally came out. This still tends to be the most popular style even today.
http://www.rainbowsandals.com/Default.asp

note worthy...Katie does not talk and would be a convenient choice because she could not confirm or deny in words any details of why she was up, what time, what woke you up , what was daddy and/or mommy doing at the time. She could nod yes or no, but IMO she could not give any verbal details.
Also about cleaning. I can not possibly imagine BC wanting to make her happy, just the opposite, that he would snicker that she was upset at any new messes, and feel that he was winning, maybe this was "sport" for him.JMO.

I posted something very similar a few days ago...A man who out of spite would rather see cockroaches running around his home rather than clean and satisfy Nancy....yep right on BRAD!
Rather scrub floors than play tennis...yep right on BRAD!

He would do it just for SPITE! He would rather buy paper plates than to wash a thing.

Wow about Katie....I had not thought about that. Good thoughts on this possibility.:waitasec:

The good old Motto holds true for this....Actions Speak Louder than Words.

Which poster was it that blew up and lightened all those wonderful pictures of LE at the front door for us? Maybe someone can do that with the picture of NC with the sandals on. I think they're Rainbows, too. Don't let what looks like an extra strap distract you. That is just a cinching string hanging from the bottom of her cargo pants.

ETA: Also, a big welcome to our newest eagle eye, ncmomof2boys!

{bolding is mine}

IIRC, I brought this up some threads ago. But it is worth revisiting.

Mom, IIRC, you or some of your close relations had an opportunity to witness BC during the search. Did he have the appearance of someone who has gone without sleep for a while? Clumsy walk? Disjointed, speech patterns? Inappropriate wording of sentences?

CyberPro

{bolding is mine}

IIRC, I brought this up some threads ago. But it is worth revisiting.

Mom, IIRC, you or some of your close relations had an opportunity to witness BC during the search. Did he have the appearance of someone who has gone without sleep for a while? Clumsy walk? Disjointed, speech patterns? Inappropriate wording of sentences?

CyberPro

Hi CP!

The few things I do recall...talked, shook hands, introduced himself, quiet demeanor, expression look of concern.

He was very much in tune to what was happening IMO. He knew what he was saying and asking.

It is that look he has that I believe mystifies most people and makes us wonder what he is really thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08