Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it reasonable to think/assume that the forensic/DNA analysis has not yet been returned? (I know that timeframes like 60 days / months / longer have been bantered around here, so it's my assumption, though we are drawing close to that 60 day point)

But after how much time has passed it is at least reasonable to assume that the initial forensic analysis is complete? [ Side-bar, but related: Is there a belief that the initial forensic analysis in the Michelle Young case is complete now (from 2 years ago), or is there still a chance that that data is being processed? ]

I don't think they found her in a wet section of the pond. We saw the site. This part was dry, and the "pond" statement was retracted earlier on.

You might read again the probable cause section - last paragraph of page 7 keeping in mind this warrant was obtained two days after she was found.

Did anyone come up with #31-trunk floor? My husband says it is the padded mat liner.

Hair and fibers on Nancy's body may be minimal since they said she found face down in the pond.

I want to know if she was really *in* the pond or in front of the pond by the silt fence. He would have had to pick her up out of the trunk to do the dump, and I doubt he could have (or did) hold her body completely away from his body getting her into the trunk and then out of the trunk. He would have to fold her up to get her in. Don't know how he would manage that AND not have her body contact his body in some way. Hmmmm...

Did anyone come up with #31-trunk floor? My husband says it is the padded mat liner.

Don't know if it's padded in his car or not, but it's the thing that covers the spare tire (at least that's what it does in my car) and provides a thin flat area (carpet-like material in my car) over the entire trunk floor.

I don't think he would have moved her that way to be frank about it. By dragging I am suggesting by her feet. hard to tell if that would be vomit - no id on where the material was even found.

Yes they did say..2001 BMW is where it was collected.
By her feet? How did he get her down the steps into the garage, let her head hit each step as he went down them? I don't agree with that at all.

You might read again the probable cause section - last paragraph of page 7 keeping in mind this warrant was obtained two days after she was found.
RC, all the flower memorials were laid in one spot at the front of the pond area- one on top of the other over a period of time- as if the mourner knew exactly where her body laid. There was no water there. A little water was past the fence and then over the berm. I truly believe this particular spot was where her body was found based on the call from the dog walker. He had to walk to the edge to see it...as we did. It could resonably described as "the pond" because it was part of the indentation of land of the drainage area as a whole. Kind of like the seashore when the tide is out.

By her feet? How did he get her down the steps into the garage, let her head hit each step as he went down them? I don't agree with that at all.

No id of where on or in the BMW that was found. He disrepected her in life - why would he care after death ?

Ms. Jilly

I am curious about your thoughts on this brown green veggie matter collected from somewhere on or in the 325i, the grass in the right front seat, and the 2 exterior door handle swabs and 1 interior door handle swab from the 325i. It seems rather clear the 325 plays in to LE's suspicions very mightily. Any thoughts ?

ETA - LE says in the probable cause section that Nancy was found face down in the pond.

Well....I think a poster told us that he was outside mowing the lawn one day or doing yard work...

I don't know RC - maybe he dumped her at the side of the road in some grass (like where she should have been jogging) and then decided that was not a good place (she would be found too soon) so threw her in the passenger seat and took her to the pond. If he picked her up he may have transferred debris on the door handle.

I'm preoccupied now with the hair in the left wheel well and bottom of the right bumper! Bizarre. :eek:If it was her hair, then the only way that got there (imo) is if he ran over her. Wonder if he initially tried to make this look like a hit and run?

I want to know if she was really *in* the pond or in front of the pond by the silt fence. He would have had to pick her up out of the trunk to do the dump, and I doubt he could have (or did) hold her body completely away from his body getting her into the trunk and then out of the trunk. He would have to fold her up to get her in. Don't know how he would manage that AND not have her body contact his body in some way. Hmmmm...

Is it possible she was both "in the pond", and yet outside the silt fence? Seems to me I recall the water level was higher prior to the discovery (recent rains, and perhaps was subsequently drained). Certainly it wouldn't take much for the water level to rise outside the silt fence at that time.

Regardless, I guess I don't follow on the significance of being in contact with the body at that time. Surely the perp (whoever the perp was) would be in contact with the body putting it in the trunk to begin with? What am I missing?

RC, all the flower memorials were laid in one spot at the front of the pond area- one on top of the other over a period of time- as if the mourner knew exactly where her body laid. There was no water there. A little water was past the fence and then over the berm. I truly believe this particular spot was where her body was found based on the call from the dog walker. He had to walk to the edge to see it...as we did. It could resonalbly described as "the pond" because it was part of the indentation of land of the drainage area as a whole. Kind of like the seashore when the tide is out.

Truth is LE saw the body in place - they are saying she was face down in the drainage pond. I'll settle for their observation.

They didn't say if this stuff was on the inside of the car or the outside of the car or where exactly it was (front seat? back seat? trunk?) . They just said that they collected it from the 2001 BMW 325i.

Don't know if it's padded in his car or not, but it's the thing that covers the spare tire (at least that's what it does in my car) and provides a thin flat area (carpet-like material in my car) over the entire trunk floor.

I've seen a thin foam in most that cover either the entire area under the carpet or just the tire area. IMO...being a BMW I would think it was the entire area.

I can't think of anything else it would be listed as trunk floor.

I guess we can go car shopping tomorrow for a 2001 BMW to see what kind of lining there is..:)

So, do you think he carried her to the car? I am having a hard time with the hair on the front spoiler and the wheel. How could that have happened?

Brownish/green vegetable material....I don't think they would have said "vegetable" if they didn't mean it. I think they could tell it was some type of vegetable. Something she ate the night beofre?

They didn't say if this stuff was on the inside of the car or the outside of the car or where exactly it was (front seat? back seat? trunk?) . They just said that they collected it from the 2001 BMW 325i.
And I also believe the grey seat covers came from the car.

Hey Sleuthy...

I don't know what to think of the high heels.

The high heels? Well, if they weren't used as a weapon or the start of an argument because she'd recently bought them, MAYBE Brad secretly wore the high heels and the green dress and Nancy came home to find him strutting in the lovely duds. Why, even Scott Heider said that Brad "...donned a tiara and costume jewelry..." while playing with the girls at Scott's house a few nights after the murder. Who knows. Depends upon the size. :princess::gold_crown::Crown::princess:

Just curious: based on the release of the warrants today, is anyone now on the page that they would return a verdict of "guilty" if they were sitting on a jury today... or does reasonable doubt still exist?

[ Previously, while most thought the probability seemed high that BC was the culprit (based on current knowns), very few (nearly none) were comfortable with the notion of a guilty verdict just yet. ]

Still true?

So, do you think he carried her to the car? I am having a hard time with the hair on the front spoiler and the wheel. How could that have happened?

Brownish/green vegetable material....I don't think they would have said "vegetable" if they didn't mean it. I think they could tell it was some type of vegetable. Something she ate the night beofre?

First we need to know if it's Nancy's hair on the front spoiler and in the wheel well. We don't know yet. They recovered 'hair,' we don't know how much..could have been 1 strand for all we know.

And this vegetable stuff...no idea...really need to know exactly where they recovered it from (inside car? front? back? trunk? outside on the car?). ME might be able to have matched it to her stomach contents during the autopsy...not sure how long stomach contents would last when decomp starts and goes for 2 - 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member