Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that he DID call to delay and then to postpone his plans, according to his affidavit. That should be part of his timeline that morning.

Correct D69...BC spelled out what he wanted stated in his affidavit and signed it.

Unless some are trying to say the affidavit isn't worth the paper it is written on:waitasec:

Correct D69...BC spelled out what he wanted stated in his affidavit and signed it.

Unless some are trying to say the affidavit isn't worth the paper it is written on:waitasec:

LE and the DA are loving both of Brad's affidavits.

Except that he DID call to delay and then to postpone his plans, according to his affidavit. That should be part of his timeline that morning.

He said he was cleaning all morning. Because he doesn't account for every minute doesn't necessarily mean anything. If the police asked him tell us every thing you did for every second you were at home then that is a different story. All I am saying that right now we can't say his timeline is off because of the tennis plans. If LE checks more detail on his affidavit and proves him a liar---so be it.

It takes time to suss out all the different pieces of information and just because there isn't an immediate arrest and prosecution doesn't mean there never will be. If only life were as neatly wrapped up as an episode of CSI.

Yes, I keep thinking that if this were a movie, it would be over already. :crazy:

There do not seem to be any competing theories that leave out Brad as a key suspect. If they exist, then I would like to know about them. One of the things that we do know is that this was not random. Someone that she knew did this.

There has been speculation that there probably is not any evidence to tie Brad to the case, because he has not been arrested. Some of the recent comments are based on the recent press release from the LE that clarify that the SWs should not be thought of as evidence.

However, on NC's birthday Chief Bazemore emphasized that progress has been made in the case, and I believe that she was confident that it would be solved. It seems to me that this is an indication that they believe they are on the right track.

I think RC already clarified this for me, so if I am right and correct me if I am wrong, we would know (through the media that would keep track of other SWs that may have been issued) if LE had turned their eyes to another possible suspect. It seems to me that if Brad were cleared they may even make a statement to that effect, although I am not at all sure about this.

Of course we will not be able to know anything for sure until we have more information, but we can see which direction the investigation is taking. It doesn't make sense to talk about a guilty verdict at this point. We still know more about possible evidence they are looking at that may link BC to the crime.

Just some thoughts

He said he was cleaning all morning. Because he doesn't account for every minute doesn't necessarily mean anything. If the police asked him tell us every thing you did for every second you were at home then that is a different story. All I am saying that right now we can't say his timeline is off because of the tennis plans. If LE checks more detail on his affidavit and proves him a liar---so be it.

BC has proved himself he is a LIAR...no one needed to do it for him!:crazy:

These are interesting. One blogger is a "former veteran investigator" and Agent 050 is "in the unique position of having total access to any information [that] NC WANTED generate and receive." I have clipped a couple of relevant bits here, but go to this URL to read the rest.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/blog/1256571

1. New Blogger: Agent 050
Sep. 4, 2008 5:44 p.m.

"What is your first blog entry about? Well, NC WANTED is working on multiple unsolved cases involving murdered wives who were also mothers, and some who were pregnant. Michelle Young, Janet Abaroa, Jenna Nielsen, Nancy Cooper and Rose Wynn to name a few."

2. Blog: Agent Angel Feels Your Pain
Posted: Sep. 5, 2008 12:44 p.m.
Updated: Sep. 5, 2008 3:16 p.m.

"In two of these cases, Michelle Young and Nancy Cooper, search warrants were recently unsealed. The details revealed what most people had already concluded – investigators are focusing on their husbands."

The fact whether Brad had tennis plans doesn't mean anything. He stated that he cancelled so he didn't go. LE doesn't care what he planned to do but only what he did. So tennis plans are not necessarily a pertinent fact.
Then why was it important for Brad to include this in his signed affidavit? It certainly had no bearing on custody issues... :confused:

Then why was it important for Brad to include this in his signed affidavit? It certainly had no bearing on custody issues... :confused:

I could only speculate as to why he did that. But here is the thing, if Brad would have stated to LE that he planned on cleaning house all morning on Saturday then you have two conflicting statement around the time of the murder. In reality we have a man who said he planned to play tennis but instead ended up staying at home and vicously cleaned his house. LE at the time didn't care what he planned to do but what he did. I am not saying that the guy didn't lie or isn't a liar but the tennis plans don't really prove anything as far as I can tell.

Hey, I think he did it. But a liar does not prove murder anyway. I am sure LE has all the pieces.

I could only speculate as to why he did that. But here is the thing, if Brad would have stated to LE that he planned on cleaning house all morning on Saturday then you have two conflicting statement around the time of the murder. In reality we have a man who said he planned to play tennis but instead ended up staying at home and vicously cleaned his house. LE at the time didn't care what he planned to do but what he did. I am not saying that the guy didn't lie or isn't a liar but the tennis plans don't really prove anything as far as I can tell.

Hey, I think he did it. But a liar does not prove murder anyway. I am sure LE has all the pieces.

And my thought is if I'm writing up an affidavit, and I'm guilty, especially if I'm crafty enough to stage a phone call at a certain time in order to establish alibi... I make pretty darn sure (with or without guidance from counsel) to have my affidavits align and reflect similar key milestones. Given he didn't do that (get them to align)... where does that leave us? [ Other than the theory that he is intentionally sabotaging his own defense... ]

Now, if he's innocent... it's another story.

There do not seem to be any competing theories that leave out Brad as a key suspect. If they exist, then I would like to know about them. One of the things that we do know is that this was not random. Someone that she knew did this.

From the Theories thread... Theory B (and/or variants of it) have been on the table for a while now. It cannot be categorically excluded by any means, based on the current evidence and knowns.

From the Theories thread... Theory B (and/or variants of it) have been on the table for a while now. It cannot be categorically excluded by any means, based on the current evidence and knowns.

It does not look like this is being investigated (that is we don't know of any SWs, as we probably would). LE has said that they have made progress, so this doesn't fit for me. I am especially skeptical that this is the case, given the fact that her keys and cell phone were left behind. How would you explain that in theory b?

By the way, do you know if LE would let the public know if he had been cleared?

And my thought is if I'm writing up an affidavit, and I'm guilty, especially if I'm crafty enough to stage a phone call at a certain time in order to establish alibi... I make pretty darn sure (with or without guidance from counsel) to have my affidavits align and reflect similar key milestones. Given he didn't do that (get them to align)... where does that leave us? [ Other than the theory that he is intentionally sabotaging his own defense... ]

Now, if he's innocent... it's another story.

If we SUPPOSE that he were guilty, then it seems likely to me that he would get his story mixed up. It is hard to keep lies straight, and much easier to remember the truth. I doubt that he had anticipated that he would need to write affidavits for child custody purposes. This is where it could get really confusing, IF he is lying.

If we SUPPOSE that he were guilty, then it seems likely to me that he would get his story mixed up. It is hard to keep lies straight, and much easier to remember the truth. I doubt that he had anticipated that he would need to write affidavits for child custody purposes. This is where it could get really confusing, IF he is lying.

Yeah, I agree with that for sure. It was why I was interested to know whether he would have been given a copy of the search warrant for his house in it's entirety (including the affidavit of LE reflecting the timeline BC gave them verbally).

Since the answer to that was 'yes', he would have had a written copy of that timeline right in front of him to reference. If I'm guilty, I make darn sure those things align gracefully and/or highlight similar events.

It does not look like this is being investigated (that is we don't know of any SWs, as we probably would). LE has said that they have made progress, so this doesn't fit for me. I am especially skeptical that this is the case, given the fact that her keys and cell phone were left behind. How would you explain that in theory b?

By the way, do you know if LE would let the public know if he had been cleared?

Yeah, I think Theory B is considered a longer shot than Theory A at this point. The other theories there even longer shots. OTOH, I suspect LE can play things pretty close to the vest, if they need to.

Regarding SWs: Is there any chance SW's would have been requested and granted without the media learning of them (or reporting them)? [RC mentioned at one point that it's very common for the media and LE to 'strike deals' when the circumstances warrant. Maybe in this case there have been other SW's but they aren't being disclosed? ]

Regarding publicly clearing him: Whether they would let the public know if he had been cleared, it's a good question. I can imagine a scenario where if LE knows BC didn't do it, and knows they aren't going to charge him...perhaps they communicate as much to him, and ask him to continue to 'take the public bullets/heat' in the meantime so as the real perp may have a relaxed sense of security. LE asks BC to "act the part of the guilty husband") (ie, not looking like you're trying actively trying to find the killer... so as to better enable us to actually make a nab)

[ There was a side of me that was hoping the chief was doing that the other day when she said (in so many words): "don't read too much into these SW affidavits..." ]

Finally, regarding the keys and cell phone, that's a great point, and indeed very hard to reconcile with Theory B. A wild thought: Someone NC was (ahem) "familiar" with, but wasn't necessarily expecting showed up in their car on that Saturday morning (maybe unexpectedly, "needing to talk"). She gets in the car quickly - [ not wanting the car to be spotted by BC ], and they go for a quick ride (NC thinking "around the block"). Things deteriorate from there... ]

Unsubstantiated of course, and completely reverse-engineered to explain the phone/keys left behind. Is it likely... probably not (we can point to no evidence that supports it). Is it within the realm of possibility... can't so "no" with certainty (there's no evidence that I'm aware of that refutes it either at this point).

Yeah, I agree with that for sure. It was why I was interested to know whether he would have been given a copy of the search warrant for his house in it's entirety (including the affidavit of LE reflecting the timeline BC gave them verbally).

Since the answer to that was 'yes', he would have had a written copy of that timeline right in front of him to reference. If I'm guilty, I make darn sure those things align gracefully and/or highlight similar events.

Yes, as I suggested on SG's thread, it seems to me that some information is simply omitted. This may be a way to highlight events in a way that would make him look good in late July for the custody hearing.

I am still wondering if would have had access to the probable cause affidavit, and perhaps someone could answer that. I know that it was noted that he would have been given an inventory of the things that were taken during the search, but that is different than the probable cause affidavit where his comments during the interview on the 12th were written. As RC has said, not all of the interview comments would be included on the probable cause affidavit, so could it be possible that he did mention the tennis plans to them and it was just excluded?

If I'm guilty, I make darn sure those things align gracefully and/or highlight similar events.

... and so because his affidavit details *don't align* to the story as related in the SW affidavit, that means he must be innocent because a guilty man would make sure they aligned?

I'm not seeing the logic here.

There are some inconsistencies; we know that. How extensive those inconsistencies are (and which ones might be bold-faced lies) are yet to be discovered.

If you find that someone lies to you then it casts doubt on other things they say. You suspect they could be lying about other things too and you don't know which things are actually true or not. That may not be fair, but that's how our brains work. Lies that are caught/found out don't serve to make a person look innocent.

Regarding SWs: Is there any chance SW's would have been requested and granted without the media learning of them (or reporting them)? [RC mentioned at one point that it's very common for the media and LE to 'strike deals' when the circumstances warrant. Maybe in this case there have been other SW's but they aren't being disclosed?.

I see what you mean. There is a slight chance that there is a whole other investigation that is taking place that we don't know about. I bet Brad would like to be cleared because of his job and to get his children back if he were proved to be innocent. In that case, I imagine that there would great incentive for him to push for a public statement to that effect. Especially with another child custody hearing coming up in a couple of weeks.

... and so because his affidavit details *don't align* to the story as related in the SW affidavit, that means he must be innocent because a guilty man would make sure they aligned?

I'm not seeing the logic here.

There are some inconsistencies; we know that. How extensive those inconsistencies are (and which ones might be bold-faced lies) are yet to be discovered.

To me, it's easier to understand inconsistencies and/or mis-alignments from an innocent man with incompetent counsel trying to do his best in stressful circumstances to put together a custody affidavit...

... than it is to understand inconsistencies and mis-alignments from a guilty killer crafty enough to have set up an alibi via phone calls just hours after a murder.

Not saying it proves anything. It's just curious to me, and kinda messes with the ol "anti-hinky" meter if you will. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper