Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry so much for Katie & Bella........they have already been taken suddenly from what routines they knew, their friends, and both of their parents. I don't know if a judge can take into consideration that the only remaining parent could possibly have murder charges brought against them at any time. That crossed my mind too. I'm wondering if the Judge can take into consideration that BC has not been ruled out as a suspect.

ETA.....I wish someone from Nancy's family or one of her friends would offer a report on how the girls are doing and if they are adjusting alright........I think about those two little cuties alot.

The oldest has probably been put in a preschool and I'm sure they'll have evaluations done on them for the custody hearing in October.

Since this is related to the custody of Brad's two children. I would think the Court would want to see some substantial evidence of mental instability (ie medical records) before a psych evaluation is ordered. There's got to be some basis for making that order.

Medical records are not necessary for a psych evaluation to be ordered. IIRC, it is usually done when there may be doubt as to stability, emotional or mental, or any other issues that may be of concern.

Not that there would be, necessarily, a thought that a parent would be a psychopath, or have any other serious mental or emotional condition, but concerns for fitness and appropriateness of the parent/s.

BC may be shown to be not guilty in Nancy's death, and if he is not handling her death well, it may affect the childrens emotional health, for example. The eval may show that he has some issues which could be taken care of in therapy or counseling.

In any event, a psych evaluation is not a bad thing, and basically is in everyone's' best interests.

Does anyone know if/when we will learn the outcome of the judgement regarding the mental evaluation?

How wonderful!

A dedication ceremony is set for Oct. 12.

I wonder if Brad will go to this. Most likely not. It would look very good for him to go, particularly after missing a memorial service, a funeral, and a birthday memorial. I really think that attending the dedication ceremony would do far more for his public image than the website that his Lawyers have set up for him. Cheaper too.

I really believe that if he is not guilty, then he would want to go. Yes, it may be a bit uncomfortable, but . . .

How wonderful!

I wonder if Brad will go to this. Most likely not. It would look very good for him to go, particularly after missing a memorial service, a funeral, and a birthday memorial. I really think that attending the dedication ceremony would do far more for his public image than the website that his Lawyers have set up for him. Cheaper too.

I really believe that if he is not guilty, then he would want to go. Yes, it may be a bit uncomfortable, but . . .

Well of course he won't go. Does he go anywhere besides HT these days??

I wonder if Brad will go to this. Most likely not

Will any local WS folks be attending? If yes (and especially if he's glanced at WS even a little), then he (BC) might otherwise really want to come, but find the thought... (ahem)... somewhat disconcerting.

Seriously though... any local WS folks potentially interested in attending (depending on the particulars)?

Will any local WS folks be attending? If yes (and especially if he's glanced at WS even a little), then he (BC) might otherwise really want to come, but find the thought... (ahem)... somewhat disconcerting.

Seriously though... any local WS folks potentially interested in attending (depending on the particulars)?
I'm sure there would be some WS folks interested in attending (this is my assumption), depending on when and if it's something intended just for her family/friends or if it's intended to be shared with the community.

I know you are joking JS, but at the same time don't you think that by not attending these memorial services, he may seem a bit more guilty? I mean if this were your significant other wouldn't you go, despite what people may think?

Either way, guilty or innocent, it is really in his best interest to go. I'm sure he won't based on his past behaviour. I can honestly say that because he has avoided these events, this has made me think that he has something to hide. Of course I could be wrong.

I know that the claim is that different people grieve in different ways etc. Funerals/memorials are important to attend, not just out of respect for the person, but also as a way to celebrate them. Every person that was part of the person's life that attends a funeral (dedication etc) stands for a different aspect of the person. This cultural practice is in place for a reason. Everyone holds different memories of the person. I think that it is incredibly selfish not to go, just because it may be disconcerting, uncomfortable etc.

Will his Mother go, since she is around? I wonder if his family went to the memorial service in Canada. If no, then why not? NC had their grandchildren, nieces etc.

JMO

Well of course he won't go. Does he go anywhere besides HT these days??

Yes, I am sure you are right. I wonder if he has been training in his spare time.

I have been thinking about this. Why doesn't BC do something lovely for his wife that he "loved very much"? He should be buying NC a bench.

Oh yes, he is very worried about money. I think his money would have been better spent on NC rather than the lawyers. Hmmmm . . . .

"A dedication ceremony is set for Oct. 12."

I wonder if Brad will go to this. Most likely not. It would look very good for him to go, particularly after missing a memorial service, a funeral, and a birthday memorial. QUOTE]

Do you remember that there were some complaints when the birthday memorial that was held at JJ? We all wondered who could possibly complain about a birthday memorial. The owner/manager became concerned when she received the calls (and she was quite rude to one of our members as a result). It seemed so odd to complain about a birthday memorial, but it may have been quite revealing. We have recently seen that BC and his lawyers want to silence her friends. I would love to know who made those calls that night. I hope that information was collected by LE.

At least there is no opportunity to complain about the dedication. And anyway who would (but it makes about as much sense as the JJ complaints!!:waitasec:)?

It is such a wonderful tribute to Nancy.

What a wonderful tribute! Brad probably wishes he thought of it first. It would have been a very fitting memorial to Nancy where he could celebrate her life in a "private" manner. Guilty or innocent this would have been a feather in his cap. IMO

Right... it's also my thought: If he's guilty, why would he not attend at least some of these things (if nothing else for the optics)?

If he's innocent, I also can't imagine the reasons (but there may be legitimate ones), but I especially can't imagine the reasons not to attend (at least some of these things) if he's guilty.

At least there is no opportunity to complain about the dedication. And anyway who would (but it makes about as much sense as the JJ complaints!!:waitasec:)? QUOTE FROM ANDERSON

Would you believe there are people on GOLO complaining? Because it is "public" property? Because NC was not an "official" in the community and we should be honoring a firefighter, policeman, etc?

Because no public funds were used to create the bench (the materials are being anonymously donated), and there is no commercial venture associated with the dedication (some had accused JJ of trying to 'profit' from the NC Bday celebration), it should be devoid of similar controversy. Then again some like to create drama and will find any reason to do so. And I imagine if someone can get their hackles up over a park bench then they must spend much of their time feeling offended.

Wouldn't our parks and public areas be even more lovely if folks donated and dedicated long lasting benches, stools, flower boxes, etc in memory of loved ones? IMO - better than a headstone and a way to have a "place to go" when one is cremated.

There's always someone who will complain. Sadly.

At least there is no opportunity to complain about the dedication. And anyway who would (but it makes about as much sense as the JJ complaints!!:waitasec:)? QUOTE FROM ANDERSON

Would you believe there are people on GOLO complaining? Because it is "public" property? Because NC was not an "official" in the community and we should be honoring a firefighter, policeman, etc?

Hi JMFLU,

Wow! I went and had a look. Those people are really crazy. Have a heart!! Anyway, NC has touched people besides her friends and family. I am one of them.

In any case this is a high profile case with some interesting twists. Who knows maybe there will be a movie about her. SG, even though all of the information has not come out yet, I think that you should get started on the screenplay, so that you will have the inside track. :) I think that the web-based dimension of the case is pretty interesting in itself. You have the trolls at Golo and the lawyers' website for starters. Even Willoughby suggested that the lawyers' recent actions are unusual.

In any case this is a high profile case with some interesting twists. Who knows maybe there will be a movie about her. ... Even Willoughby suggested that the lawyers recent actions are unusual.

In my opinion, there's no way this case won't end up seeing some form of dramatization and/or documentary or both, at some point in the future.

Wouldn't our parks and public areas be even more lovely if folks donated and dedicated long lasting benches, stools, flower boxes, etc in memory of loved ones? IMO - better than a headstone and a way to have a "place to go" when one is cremated.

There's always someone who will complain. Sadly.

Many, many people do just that. I have seen lots and lots of park benches with dedication plaques. Also some garden spots, reflection pools, and things of this nature.

When a segment of my family found the remote burial site (not in a cemetery) of our great great greats in the Smokies, we put in a bench for reflection, with dedication.

This is not unusual, and it will be a lasting contribution to the community. This is not a billboard advertising a commercial commodity or service. What a lovely, thoughtful memorial.

WHY on earth would ANYone complain about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper