Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe another one is his level of cooperation in helping the CPD. Maybe he told them during the 3 days they talked to him that he'd do anything to help and once he got lawyered up he stopped cooperating. That is not unusual though, once lawyers get involved.

On top of that, after talking to MH, he probably knows the type of good-cop/bad-copy 'welcome' he'd receive down at headquarters...

In the police affidavit for probable cause they state that they learned that Brad and Nancy were fighting over Nancy painting for money as well as the state of the house/cleanliness when Nancy got back. Nothing was said about Brad forgetting to give Nancy her weekly $300 allowance.

Ah - okay... I can't recall if it said they learned the fight was specifically over the Saturday AM painting plans, or... her previous painting activities. Perhaps it was related to the $ in general... Can't recall either if their affidavit states that they learned specifically the fight was about her plans to paint with JA the next day, and that they learned this from BC...

To those appalled by BC not going to the site where they found NC...

Can you imagine the poo-storm if some amateur with a camera phone posted video of BC at the site?? I can see the headlines now: "The criminal always returns to the scene of the crime!!!"

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't there. If he goes, he's screwed. He hasn't gone, he's still screwed.

I too am a bit surprised that Brad didn't cover himself better when asked what his priorities were. He said that he wants to get the girls back. Then the lawyer said, "Is that all?"

You'd think he could've thought to say, "I am most interested in finding Nancy's killer!". Then, he could've said, "Wait just a minute. I am so full of grief, having to hash it up all over again", (and then he could have asked for a little break to cry a bit, if he wasn't such a "private griever").

I think Brad deserves a big fat trout slap for his birthday :trout:

Can you imagine the poo-storm if some amateur with a camera phone posted video of BC at the site?? I can see the headlines now: "The criminal always returns to the scene of the crime!!!"

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't there. If he goes, he's screwed. He hasn't gone, he's still screwed.

Indeed... what are the chances that his attorneys advised him early on: "whatever you do... if you can at all manage it... don't go hanging around the discovery site... believe it or not, there's actually an internet bulletin board of folks who hold group meetings there and take photos... it just wouldn't be a good move right now..." :)

Well, if I were innocent and wanted to go to my spouse's death site, I'd sure as heck ask someone to take me. Most people probably would not go alone. If he had wanted to go, he would have, knowing himself that he is innocent.

My mom always said, "Actions speak louder than words." I hated hearing it. Brad's mamma should send him a birthday card with those words.:argue::cake4u::cursing::birthday::trout:

Good point.
However, if he was really innocent, those thoughts would not be an issue.
Any legit grieving spouse would want to see it first hand.

In the police affidavit for probable cause they state that they learned that Brad and Nancy were fighting over Nancy painting for money as well as the state of the house/cleanliness when Nancy got back. Nothing was said about Brad forgetting to give Nancy her weekly $300 allowance.

I think this is one of the inconsistencies they are trying to show us. He made so sure to tell CPD that he was always on time with the $300... and here he forgot.

So he just sits in his house and does nothing the rest of his life. I see.

So he just sits in his house and does nothing the rest of his life. I see.

The thing is, he goes places. As you've read here on WS, I've seen him several places, Mom sees him around, and one other was jogging at Lake J. when Brad jogged by.

He goes on with his life life usual. He should be out looking for Nancy's killer! He should be holding BBQs to raise awareness of finding Nancy's killer! He should be at Java Jive, putting posters everywhere for finding Nancy's killer!:bang:

Good point.
However, if he was really innocent, those thoughts would not be an issue.
Any legit grieving spouse would want to see it first hand.

I could see that, if they hadn't been divorcing anyway. We're not talking about a couple who was deeply in love & getting along fabulously. We're talking about 2 people at the bitter end of a relationship.

IF he didn't do it, he's not grieving much. If he did it, that goes without saying.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. I've been wrong before :)

Off to go play some hockey!

If he is innocent........I don't understand why he refuses to cooperate in the investigation :confused:. I realize he's most likely following his attorney's advice. To me.......an innocent person would be on the phone at least one or twice a week with LE checking for any possible updates to the case.......not avoiding them like the plague.

I could see that, if they hadn't been divorcing anyway. We're not talking about a couple who was deeply in love & getting along fabulously. We're talking about 2 people at the bitter end of a relationship.

IF he didn't do it, he's not grieving much. If he did it, that goes without saying.

Another good point.
Since they 'hated each other', he would not feel the same as a 'loving spouse'.
Even more of a reason to see where the mother of his 2 daughters was dumped.

If he is innocent........I don't understand why he refuses to cooperate in the investigation :confused:. I realize he's most likely following his attorney's advice. To me.......an innocent person would be on the phone at least one or twice a week with LE checking for any possible updates to the case.......not avoiding them like the plague.

He likely called Jason Young for advise.
For 2 years he has been 100% uncooperative in his wife's murder investigation.

It doesn't matter if they were getting along or not... come on... if your spouse was murdered, wouldn't that bring reality home a little bit and make that disagreement you shared, even if it was turning into hatred, come to a halt just for a moment when reality stares you in the face? And wouldn't you try like heck to find out who killed her when it looks like they are zooming in on YOU? If for no other reason, for goodness sakes, focus on the case and find out who DID kill her!

If he is innocent........I don't understand why he refuses to cooperate in the investigation :confused:. I realize he's most likely following his attorney's advice

He's already spoken with MH, and he knows that at least for the time being LE's focus remain on him. If he's innocent (as you mention), then this fact, combined with the advice from his attorneys would likely be enough to keep him away from "police headquarters". His time/effort would probably be better spent with a PI... (for that matter, we don't know for sure that he doesn't have one I suppose...)

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3709076/

37 minutes long!!! Get the popcorn, folks!!!

:popcorn:Noticed in this clip he's not fidgeting with the pen :rolleyes:.......guess this line of questioning didn't make him quite so nervous.

Whoa.......at the end.......the two attorneys have a little exchange of words as to whether Brad has to answer the question if he's willing to go to the station and speak with the investigators......his attorney wouldn't let him answer and said he didn't have to......the other attorney said she was calling the judge.

Opposite of JLY, looks like Brad's mouth will give the DA a ton of damning evidence to move toward an arrest warrant.

In the end, both killers will face a Wake County Jury.:boohoo:

Isn't it AMAZING that we are able to see this?? That we are privvy to all this personal information?! Like his salary, etc. etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018