Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Jumpstreet, I noticed that RC was a little mixed up in what he wrote, but didn't even want to touch it. It's funny now anyway.

Those cow's lips are in my dreams, I say!

Thanks ncnative - yeah, I understood all that. It was RC's post below that seemed to be trying to tie the two together that I wasn't following:

RC has responded that his point was basically since BC was seen jogging (regardless of location) that in the past, he may very well have jogged to the discovery site. [ Which is a fair point I suppose - though, in my mind, the recent LJ observation doesn't make it any more or less likely that he pre-knew about the discovery site ] No big deal - sorry if I mis-understood though. :)

I don't believe I said it would make it any more or less likely. Only that it comfirmed he too is a runner and would not therefore be limited to his immediate area for running.

Sleuthy mentioned that she is of the opinion that quite a few are convinced that SH was involved in this.

No, that's not what I said.

I said, verbatim, "the forum at-large does not believe this, though there may be some individuals who do believe this."

{this=SH involved in the crime}

And, by my saying "Scott KNOWS something", from my previous posts saying that, Scott could just know things from how Brad was behaving, what his girls may have said, what Brad may have told him, not necessarily meaning at all that Scott was involved in the murder.

No, that's not what I said.

I said "the forum at-large does not believe this, though there may be some individuals who do believe this."

{this=SH involved in the crime}

That was quick.

Well, I'm not going back and pick it apart, cause it isn't a big deal. I got my message across.

Yep, Jumpstreet, I noticed that RC was a little mixed up in what he wrote, but didn't even want to touch it. It's funny now anyway.

Those cow's lips are in my dreams, I say!

NCN - I know these locations are miles apart. My only points were Brad runs. He was not seen running in his own immediate neighborhood, it therefore leaves open the possibility he could have ran across Holly Springs in the area of the site where Nancy was found. Kinda hard sometimes to get points across unless one is a very good writer, which obviously I am not. :)

That was quick.

Well, I'm not going back and pick it apart, cause it isn't a big deal. I got my message across.

You changed the meaning of what I said, which is not what I said or meant. If someone is going to quote me or assign words to my statements, it would be nice to be quoted accurately.

You changed the meaning of what I said, which is not what I said or meant. If someone is going to quote me or assign words to my statements, it would be nice to be quoted accurately.

Why did you bring this comment from the "I'm not Convinced" Thread, over here to this thread, Sleuthy?

Everyone can figure that out. And they can figure out what I meant. I'm not dissecting words here, now, about something on another thread. As you like to say, "pretty please" take it to the other thread...

Because you posted the following in THIS thread:

"Sleuthy mentioned that she is of the opinion that quite a few are convinced that SH was involved in this."

by NCNative: Why did you bring this comment from the "I'm not Convinced" Thread, over here to this thread, Sleuthy?

NCN, You are the one who brought my (statement/opinion) over to this thread from the other thread where I originally made it.

And you got my statement and the meaning of my statement incorrect. And I am correcting it, as is my right. And it's being corrected exactly where the mistake was made. Which is, in fact, in THIS thread, a few posts above.

The reference being he runs. I don't care how he gets to where he starts - only that he runs. This does leave open the possiblity he ran in his own area and we do know from photographs, there were, or least there was one jogger through the area where Nancy was found. Not so remote, joggers and folks walking their dogs. Anything is possible.

rainsincharlie,

I think BC could have easily gone for a run and cut through Fielding over to Tryon to get to Lake Johnson. If he was training for a race - distance was not a problem for him.

rainsincharlie,

I think BC could have easily gone for a run and cut through Fielding over to Tryon to get to Lake Johnson. If he was training for a race - distance was not a problem for him.
How can one cut through Fielding Dr.? I thought it was a dead end?

Nothing really except that is a good distance from Wallsburg Court, and lots of major intersections to cross if he ran from Wallsburg to that area.
What would keep him from crossing Holly Springs during one of his runs ? Even though the area where Nancy was found is considered remote, I'm not inclined to think Brad was unaware of the area. JMO.

Yeah SH lives on Stoneferry and this is where he went the day his wife's body was identified.
The jogger who was running by the dump site most likely lives in the attached, older section of the neighborhood or the newer part. The newer Toll Brothers' section is quite a ways in the back making both sections, together, a nice run for someone within the neighborhood without them having to go out on busy Holly Springs Rd.

Serious long distant runners typically do not back track on dead end roads during training runs. (I am a runner) It's kind of an unwritten given in the sport. If Brad were to include the Oaks in a typical training run, he'd have to come out the same way he want in: on Fielding Dr. That would be back tracking. Once again, this particular conclusion is one that is shared by most of us who live in the area. It's just something you have to be here to understand.

Lake Johnson is a very popular running spot. It is a large lake and is good for a long run. There are two large parking lots on either side. Most runners commute to the lake by car unless they live very close by. Lochmere and Regency Park, and their lakes, are connected by park. Starting from the Cooper house, one can run for miles without back-tracking or running along busy, narrow roads. It would be silly for Brad to run either to the dump site or to Lake Johnson starting from his home.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse and I know it's really not important to the case overall; but I feel this is one small detail I can help clear up.

The jogger who was running by the dump site most likely lives in the attached, older section of the neighborhood or the newer part. The newer Toll Brothers' section is quite a ways in the back making both sections, together, a nice run for someone within the neighborhood without them having to go out on busy Holly Springs Rd.

Serious long distant runners typically do not back track on dead end roads during training runs. (I am a runner) It's kind of an unwritten given in the sport. If Brad were to include the Oaks in a typical training run, he'd have to come out the same way he want in: on Fielding Dr. That would be back tracking. Once again, this particular conclusion is one that is shared by most of us who live in the area. It's just something you have to be here to understand.

Lake Johnson is a very popular running spot. It is a large lake and is good for a long run. There are two large parking lots on either side. Most runners commute to the lake by car unless they live very close by. Lochmere and Regency Park, and their lakes, are connected by park. Starting from the Cooper house, one can run for miles without back-tracking or running along busy, narrow roads. It would be silly for Brad to run either to the dump site or to Lake Johnson starting from his home.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse and I know it's really not important to the case overall; but I feel this is one small detail I can help clear up.

For some reason it seems no one is comprehending today - must be the tanking economy.

Lets see if I can be plain. BC is a runner. Some have said he would not known about the area where Nancy was found. I disagree, it is possible BC could have run in that area given he does indeed run long distance and the terrain for iron man stuff is not always a nice neat running trail. I believe it is possible he could have ran or even ridden a bike through that area and could have been well aware of it. That's my opinion. I'm not buying it is so remote it would have taken some great effort to find it especially for a runner or biker. Just my thoughts on that matter.

Campbell rd which is right beside Fielding runs into Tryon Rd. I've used the short cut a million times. I could see BC using it by car and maybe thought about the street beside it knowing there was construction being done.
ms

For some reason it seems no one is comprehending today - must be the tanking economy.

Lets see if I can be plain. BC is a runner. Some have said he would not known about the area where Nancy was found. I disagree, it is possible BC could have run in that area given he does indeed run long distance and the terrain for iron man stuff is not always a nice neat running trail. I believe it is possible he could have ran or even ridden a bike through that area and could have been well aware of it. That's my opinion. I'm not buying it is so remote it would have taken some great effort to find it especially for a runner or biker. Just my thoughts on that matter.
And I am saying, "No, he likely would NOT run there...even though he is a long distance runner." He very well could have driven back there while looking at houses, but to bike or run, IMHO and as I am also training, would be very unlikely.

ETA: Of course anything is a possibility, but it's not likely.

And I am saying, "No, he likely would NOT run there...even though he is a long distance runner." He very well could have driven back there while looking at houses, but to bike or run, IMHO and as I am also training, would be very unlikely.

Unlikely but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members