Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right - many do not come forward because of the potential issues. Can't say I blame them if they don't. I was not exactly happy yesterday to see the bug man accused of being an RSO.

I Googled my own name yesterday and was surprised at what came up. Not only can you find out where I work & volunteer, my Facebook profile, etc. but you can also see a magazine article that I was in that also talks about my family. Um, no thanks.

That, at least, was an error due to a publication of a story with a man of the same name, so it was a mix-up. Not as bad as some people on GOLO who just accuse innocent people who are trying to help of lying or having an agenda.

I agree, an error and a mix up, but still, it took only a matter of minutes to check public records to verify it was just that. That seems only fair to me instead of continuing the mix up.

I agree, an error and a mix up, but still, it took only a matter of minutes to check public records to verify it was just that. That seems only fair to me instead of continuing the mix up.

Of course. I was going to add that, but then I thought I remembered that you were able to rectify the mix-up through a personal contact that you had...

Of course. I was going to add that, but then I thought I remembered that you were able to rectify the mix-up through a personal contact that you had...

Yes - it took a matter of minutes for them to check public records which they passed to me. Wake.gov.

I Googled my own name yesterday and was surprised at what came up. Not only can you find out where I work & volunteer, my Facebook profile, etc. but you can also see a magazine article that I was in that also talks about my family. Um, no thanks.

Yes, it's pretty shocking when you realize that whenever you type your name in on a website and put info about yourself out there, or someone else does, that it shows up to the world.

I think you are doing a really wonderful job of helping Nancy without outing yourself, at any rate. :blowkiss:

Yes - it took a matter of minutes for them to check public records which they passed to me. Wake.gov.

Oh, so someone referred you to a site. Ok.

Yep, you can find out all kinds of records on those sites. You can even see what political party anyone is registered for.

One of these days, the phone book will be considered an invasion of privacy!

Oh, so someone referred you to a site. Ok.

Yep, you can find out all kinds of records on those sites. You can even see what political party anyone is registered for.

One of these days, the phone book will be considered an invasion of privacy!

:) I'm surprised phone books are still printed. All you have to do is google to get someone's phone number - that's how Brad said he got his good friend Hiller's number. ROFL - consistent with not knowing names and contact information I suppose, no surprise.

ROFL - I think they call this a jinx when people post the same thing at the same time. Think perhaps I ought to go clean floors for the day...and do several loads of towels.:crazy:

I bet there was some giggling in the office of the CPD and the DA's office as they saw the deadline demanded from those filings last night. If you're looking for some floors to clean or towels to wash I can direct you to a certain household .... :crazy:

I bet there was some giggling in the office of the CPD and the DA's office as they saw the deadline demanded from those filings last night. If you're looking for some floors to clean or towels to wash I can direct you to a certain household .... :crazy:

I imagine the first response by CPD was to call our friend Willoughby. :)

Thanks but I'll pass - have enough horse blankets to wash as it is, Will take most of the day. I'll keep it in mind while watching the DOW - if it starts heading down I'm going to clean windows, maybe that will help.

I too, admire, that she was able to come forward. I feel badly for her that she's now being hounded, her words questioned and people making uncalled for remarks. This is why more people don't come forward at times like this. It makes their current life He**. You have people searching them out and posting every possible link they can find, opening them up to unwanted contact. They've not asked to be named in this but yet they were. There names should never have been made public. Let's respect people's privacy and choices.

Unfortunately, my family does not support me wading into the circus that this has become so out of respect for them, I won't be.

I sure don't blame you for wanting to maintain your and your family's privacy. Some people automatically assume that affiants are looking for their 15 min of fame--they don't realize these are civil court documents filed and available to the media and it's not like an affiant is standing on a street corner, singing at the top of their lungs, trying to get on American Idol or filming home video and putting it on YouTube. :rolleyes: I respect everyone who believes they have information that is pertinent to the case and wants to make sure that info gets to the right contacts; I believe everyone comes forward intending to tell the truth.

You are right - many do not come forward because of the potential issues. Can't say I blame them if they don't. I was not exactly happy yesterday to see the bug man accused of being an RSO.

Holy cow, yah! The challenge with the Internet is that it's easy to find the wrong person or wrong info and it's even easier to get false info out/circulating.

:) I'm surprised phone books are still printed. All you have to do is google to get someone's phone number - that's how Brad said he got his good friend Hiller's number. ROFL - consistent with not knowing names and contact information I suppose, no surprise.

As long as money's being made from advertising revenues those big phone books aren't going anywhere. I was surprised that Brad did not have MH's phone # programmed into his cell phone and had to Google him. But stranger things have happened.

I thought it was strange that he did not have MH's number since he was late the first time they played, and I would have thought MH would want to make sure BC had his number to CALL this time in case it happened again.

I sure don't blame you for wanting to maintain your and your family's privacy. Some people automatically assume that affiants are looking for their 15 min of fame--they don't realize these are civil court documents filed and available to the media and it's not like an affiant is standing on a street corner, singing at the top of their lungs, trying to get on American Idol or filming home video and putting it on YouTube. :rolleyes: I respect everyone who believes they have information that is pertinent to the case and wants to make sure that info gets to the right contacts; I believe everyone comes forward intending to tell the truth.

I find it very upsetting that people are saying she has an axe to grind, she's bitter, she's looking for her 15 minutes of fame, she's looking for a book deal, she's this or she's that. What she is, is someone who was able to come forward and show that Brad has always been this way and add weight to what Nancy's friends have said. I'm certain that she thought long and hard before adding her affidavit. A person goes out to do something so right and people crucify you.

I applaud her actions. It takes a strong person to be able to get through abuse and now to come forward and have to put what she went through in the public domain with her name attached to it. Now hopefully the media will leave her alone.

Oh, and I'm also insanely jealous of her moving from Calgary to Hawaii!! As we get ready for yet another miserable winter, she'll have beautiful weather! Lucky! :)

I find it very upsetting that people are saying she has an axe to grind, she's bitter, .....(snip)

Oh, and I'm also insanely jealous of her moving from Calgary to Hawaii!! As we get ready for yet another miserable winter, she'll have beautiful weather! Lucky! :)

How do you know she moved to Hawaii?

Holy cow, yah! The challenge with the Internet is that it's easy to find the wrong person or wrong info and it's even easier to get false info out/circulating.

I agree but won't exactly place all the blame on the internet itself. The person manipulating the keys has some choices and I would hope the will to check more than just one source or even two before possibly slandering someone. RSO is a pretty low slime ball, no need to put it out there without taking the opportunity to research it better.

What was the reaction - "would you believe a felon over Brad " ? "Can't believe him as he is a felon sex offender". So as you see, some take his affidavit as untruthful because of false information. Like others - he has no dog in this fight and provided information he believed to be true, and ends up being called an RSO for it. That's just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper