Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any facts that lead to one person. As I've stated many times, he is the likely person to have done this. But nothing shown to date about the events of that morning show that he did this. I haven't seen anything yet that refutes his version of events that morning. Being a jerk and a cheater doesn't make him a murderer. He has given a moment by moment account of his version of what went on that morning. I haven't seen anything that contradicts his version yet.

So as the kids father, he deserves custody of HIS kids. If he is charged, temporary custody should be given to someone else. If he is convicted, permanent custody should be given to someone else. Until then, he deserves custody.

Bolding is mine.

You don't think that he contradicted HIMSELF in the depositions vs. the affidavits?

So, basically what you believe is, NO ONE is responsible for Nancy's murder at this time, because no one has been found guilty. The fact that all signs lead to one person and he is most likely guilty means nothing to you as far as childcare?

I agree with NCSU95 on this one because I think about what if this happened to me.

My ex and I share 50/50 custody of our daughter. It was a nasty custody battle. She works at night 3 times a week and gets home at 4am. There is no love loss between us. I am at her house at least once a week for an exchange. My DNA is there, my footprints, my hair, etc...(evidence I was there).

If she were attacked and killed on her work night while I was sleeping away at my house, I would be the first person the police would come to. I would have no alibi other then I was asleep. Like they would believe that. People would say I killed her so I could have full custody. So no matter what I did I'm sure someone would think I had something to do with it. My daughter is a daddy's girl and I could care less about my ex.

So would it be right for a judge to take my daughter from me when I had nothing to do with it? NO. I would fight it to the Supreme Court if I had to.

If I were a arrested and charged then obviously they found something that links to me to the crime and that is a different ball game. Unless he is arrested, he should have his kids. Should he be deprived of his kids until an arrest is made? This could turn into a cold case where no arrest are made for years - JY and still waiting. The kids have lost their mommy and now possibly their daddy.

There are many victims in this case. Not very often, but sometimes, a spouse becomes an innocent victim of abuse by the media and people like us. Just because a spouse is guilty 90 % of the time, it doesn't make up for what 10% go through after just having their world turned upside down. Just think---if Brad were innocent what he would be going through. Even if he is a cheater and a bad husband, it would be unfair.

True. But it's not like we just pointed a finger at Brad because he is the husband. There are so many things that point to Brad, not the least of which are his own inconsistencies in what he told LE!

I don't see any facts that lead to one person. As I've stated many times, he is the likely person to have done this. But nothing shown to date about the events of that morning show that he did this. I haven't seen anything yet that refutes his version of events that morning. Being a jerk and a cheater doesn't make him a murderer. He has given a moment by moment account of his version of what went on that morning. I haven't seen anything that contradicts his version yet.

So as the kids father, he deserves custody of HIS kids. If he is charged, temporary custody should be given to someone else. If he is convicted, permanent custody should be given to someone else. Until then, he deserves custody.

I think he should have access to his kids but not custody. Think of what you are saying here. This travesty could get a whole lot worse if Brad had his kids right now. You say he is likely to be a killer so you can imagine how likely he could be unstable as a father.

I agree with NCSU95 on this one because I think about what if this happened to me.

My ex and I share 50/50 custody of our daughter. It was a nasty custody battle. She works at night 3 times a week and gets home at 4am. There is no love loss between us. I am at her house at least once a week for an exchange. My DNA is there, my footprints, my hair, etc...(evidence I was there).

If she were attacked and killed on her work night while I was sleeping away at my house, I would be the first person the police would come to. I would have no alibi other then I was asleep. Like they would believe that. People would say I killed her so I could have full custody. So no matter what I did I'm sure someone would think I had something to do with it. My daughter is a daddy's girl and I could care less about my ex.

So would it be right for a judge to take my daughter from me when I had nothing to do with it? NO. I would fight it to the Supreme Court if I had to.

If I were a arrested and charged then obviously they found something that links to me to the crime and that is a different ball game. Unless he is arrested, he should have his kids. Should he be deprived of his kids until an arrest is made? This could turn into a cold case where no arrest are made for years - JY and still waiting. The kids have lost their mommy and now possibly their daddy.

Again, I don't believe that kids are taken from their father simply because he is the husband of a murdered woman. LE had a reason for taking those kids.

Not all kids are taken from their fathers when their mother is found murdered. Look at JY. Look at SK. Still have the kids. This is different.

And if one is innocent, all the signs don't point to them.

I think he should have access to his kids but not custody. Think of what you are saying here. This travesty could get a whole lot worse if Brad had his kids right now. You say he is likely to be a killer so you can imagine how likely he could be unstable as a father.

I think if someone killed their mother, he is not very concerned with them, and most definitely too unstable to raise them!

True. But it's not like we just pointed a finger at Brad because he is the husband. There are so many things that point to Brad, not the least of which are his own inconsistencies in what he told LE!

People pointed at Brad immediately based on affidavits of others. Anyhow we agree on many points.:)

Wow. I just registered yesterday & while waiting for activation I was able to read through this thread. I can't believe I finally made it to the end.

Just have a couple of comments.

RE: Washing of the Towels

When I was watching the deposition when Brad was being questioned about his purchases at HT he said he bought "High Efficiency" Tide detergent. HE detergent is used in HE machines which have a higher capacity than your average top loading machine. When I bought my Kenmore front loader one of the selling points was it could accommodate 16 pairs of jeans.

RE: ShopVac & the garage

My husband frequently uses the ShopVac to vacuum our garage and the cars. I don't find that unusual.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned what happened in the master bedroom closet. Does that violate terms of use? I was in shock about that and thought that alone was enough for the judge to deny him custody.

People pointed at Brad immediately based on affidavits of others. Anyhow we agree on many points.:)

True, they did, and I don't think that's going to change, because a lot of people just assume it's the husband without anything to go on, so that will probably continue. But once it gets to the point this case has gotten to, if one is not fully convinced that BC did this, then at least with all this research available to us, they would say he probably did this. So, that's a lot different, and should warrant a serious look at whether he should be trusted with children after what appears to be the capability to commit murder.

Better to be safe than sorry, with children.

Wow. I just registered yesterday & while waiting for activation I was able to read through this thread. I can't believe I finally made it to the end.

When I was watching the deposition when Brad was being questioned about his purchases at HT he said he bought "High Efficiency" Tide detergent. HE detergent is used in HE machines which have a higher capacity than your average top loading machine. When I bought my Kenmore front loader one of the selling points was it could accommodate 16 pairs of jeans.

My husband frequently uses the ShopVac to vacuum our garage and the cars. I don't find that unusual.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned what happened in the master bedroom closet. Does that violate terms of use? I was in shock about that and thought that alone was enough for the judge to deny him custody.

Bolding is mine.

Oh, we talked about it, alright!!! There are several threads going at the same time sometimes... you said you got to the end of this thread... did you just start with number 27 or whatever we are on now? Or did you start at 1? If at 1, then I can imagine you are shocked you finally made it to the end!!! LOL

Wrong...My daughter sleeps in the bed with my ex. I found out she was having sex with people she met at the bar with my daughter lying next to them asleep. In our custody battle, judge did not care. Said that had nothing to do with determining if she were a fit parent...Go figure...

So I put in our custody papers that she could not have overnight guest while in possession of our daughter.

Wrong...My daughter sleeps in the bed with my ex. I found out she was having sex with people she met at the bar with my daughter lying next to them asleep. In our custody battle, judge did not care. Said that had nothing to do with determining if she were a fit parent...Go figure...

So I put in our custody papers that she could not have overnight guest while in possession of our daughter.

What Kelly is talking about is the fact that Brad left three children under age five alone to fend for themselves without supervision for at least 15 minutes while he had sex with his boss's wife in he and Nancy's master bedroom closet.

What Kelly is talking about is the fact that Brad left three children under age five alone to fend for themselves without supervision for at least 15 minutes while he had sex with his boss's wife in he and Nancy's master bedroom closet.

Bad judgment YES, YES, YES...

Lets remove the sex part. Would we be having this discussion if he said he took 15 minutes to take a shower or use the restroom? I leave my 3 year old to fend for herself when I take a shower or use the restroom. Does that make me a bad dad?

Would I be in the closet having sex while my daughter is there...NO.

Didn't Brad say he was vacuuming the car because of gas he spilled a week or two earlier?? That's the unusual part to me, not the use of the ShopVac.

ncsu95 - I don't understand your thinking. On the one hand, you say BC is the "likely" murderer. On the other, you say he should have his kids until charged with the crime. I'm pretty sure that the judge's comment means that if she determines, as you did, that BC is the "likely" murderer, then he will not get his kids.

Also, don't forget that BC agreed to the current arrangement. He didn't force a hearing, he just allowed the gp's to take the kids. I don't believe that I would have let my kids go for a second without a fight.

He chose to attempt to answer "internet speculation" in his affidavits for this custody case. Much of what is contained has very little to no bearing on the custody case. By doing that, he created even more speculation, because he has several inconsistencies in his story (First he had to go get milk at 6am to get ready for Katie to get up, then Katie's up at 4am and won't go back to sleep so he goes to get milk, among others)

I don't believe for one second that the subpoenas for evidence are really related to the custody case. I think his criminal attorneys just want to know what they are up against.

Bad judgment YES, YES, YES...

Lets remove the sex part. Would we be having this discussion if he said he took 15 minutes to take a shower or use the restroom? I leave my 3 year old to fend for herself when I take a shower or use the restroom. Does that make me a bad dad?

Would I be in the closet having sex while my daughter is there...NO.

Now there's an interesting question. I think we should take the bathroom part out because that isn't something you can really control... when ya gotta go, ya gotta go... but let's talk about the shower. Two of these children were 1 years old, I believe. I think taking a shower while leaving toddlers to toddle about on their own is VERY irresponsible!!!

I guess I missed that little tidbit whenever it came out. Glad someone brought it up again.

Wow, again I missed something. Can you point me to what you read about the master bedroom closet (or just tell me if it's ok). I guess I should be following up more often.

Are you talking about where in the deposition tapes Brad admitted to the indiscretion and told Alice Stubbs it had taken place in their master bedroom closet?

Or where on the board we were discussing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalton2020