Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did say it and here is what is bothersome: they really didn't give her the time of day to make a formal statement. She may be a crackpot for all I know but it doesn't sound like it.

Roy - she herself admits that LE took her statement on the 13th. What else can LE do ? A statement is a statement is a statement and she admits LE took her statement. I don't see the problem here other than someone who feels LE should have treated her as being more important.

Late Monday, Cooper's attorneys requested copies of Cary police's entire investigative file into his wife's murder to help prepare for Thursday's custody hearing.

Dear N&O

The files were requested Friday, October 10, 2008.

I would provide a link but I'm not supposed to do that anymore.

Self-exiled, Bob, self-exiled...

Funny!

She did say it and here is what is bothersome: they really didn't give her the time of day to make a formal statement. She may be a crackpot for all I know but it doesn't sound like it.

As opposed to the Hawaiian woman?

Now that is funny!

The custody case stands on its own. LE has no obligation to be involved, to give or take credibility of any witness put forth in the custody case - this is up to TS. Since we don't know what TS has, I'm not so sure this witness will be unopposed. That is if it actually proceeds to a hearing.

Exactly, which is why LE will stick to the "everything is going according to plan" line.

Yeah, will be interesting to see if T&S has a rebuttal witness lined-up. My guess is they are scrambling on this one... but it's only a guess.

Roy - she herself admits that LE took her statement on the 13th. What else can LE do ? A statement is a statement is a statement and she admits LE took her statement. I don't see the problem here other than someone who feels LE should have treated her as being more important.

Hmmm... true...

So you think he thought it would be long enough until they found her that, because of decomp, a rape kit would not have been able to determine that she was not even raped?

I have no idea what Brad thought. Sexual assault does not always result in rape if the victim is fighting.

:clap: :clap: :applause:

hee! followed of course by the ever hopeful, "but as our needs change investigation continues, if we feel your background/qualifications info is a good fit we will contact you.

Just for the record Daphne is one of the better people
on this board. She doesn't boss everyone around
and doesn't act like she knows everything about
criminal justice.

Frankly, it's refreshing.

Really? How is this thoughtfully discussing? It is rude and arrogant. Why in your opinion is no one in the world credible except JA and friends? You requested no attacks, mocking and sarcasm and this response is demeaning to that woman and sarcastic.

Good luck with getting any support here.

I've enjoyed reading your posts though.

That she was abducted while out on a run, sexually assaulted, and dumped in a remote area.

And if there had been no strife in this family, that's how LE most likely would have pursued it.

A rape kit was done during the autopsy and handed off to the CCBI. So that possibility was pursued. The ME (who is not on anyone's side) said there was no (obvious) sign of sexual assault. That's in the report.

Just for the record Daphne is one of the better people
on this board. She doesn't boss everyone around
and doesn't act like she knows everything about
criminal justice.

Frankly, it's refreshing.

:blushing: Wow. Thanks, B&B. As one of your fans, :blowkiss: I appreciate that.

The distance from Ms Z's house iis a little under a mile from NC/BC's house, so would be exactly right time if NC left house at 7 AM and was doing an easy jog pace though it doesn't say where she saw NC.

Ms. Z likes afghan hounds apparently.

Thanks for posting that.

Wise decision not to post that link though.

The custody case stands on its own. LE has no obligation to be involved, to give or take credibility of any witness put forth in the custody case - this is up to TS

Regardless of what happens in the custody case, it seems reasonable to conclude that if LE is still pursuing a potential criminal case against BC (for all we know they're not), then they definitely better have something concrete to refute this (and any other) eyewitness statements of NC spotting on the morning of.

LE may not have had any more obligation to the witness, but this type of thing is a "jackpot" for a defense attorney, hoping to demonstrate that LE may have had blinders on, and hoping to establish reasonable doubt. It's a jackpot, and nearly a slamdunk acquittal, unless there is a directly proportionate rebuttal.

Again - I believe she believes she saw Nancy.

Responding her to report puts CPD in a very awkward position of potentially letting out information they don't want out. They TOOK HER STATEMENT - that's all she's owed.

They don't owe an officer coming to her house with a sketch artist, they don't owe someone sitting down with her and explaining what they are doing with her statement, how they are following up, whether they believe her, whether they don't, or what information that they have that resulted in their lack of any of the above activities.

What would calling her back have accomplished? Does she have other information that she didn't share in her statement and would only divulge if someone called her? Or interviewed her? That doesn't seem logical.

So - I suspect she contacted K&B out of frustration (can't blame her) and they will run with this.

This is obviously not a surprise to LE and I suspect they are not the least bit flustered.

I do feel this case is coming to a head - and I suspect it's only awaiting the forensic exam on the computer harddrives from the FBI. In the last statement by police - they say it's not back yet and that seems to be the only thing that has been identified as not being back / done.

Does anyone know

1. What kind of dogs Brad and Nancy Cooper used to have?

2. What kind of dog Krista Lister used to have?

You don't have to post the link, I know there's a problem with that.

Thanks!

Regardless of what happens in the custody case, it seems reasonable to conclude that if LE is still pursuing a potential criminal case against BC (for all we know they're not), then the definitely better have something concrete to refute this (and any other) eyewitness statements of NC spotting on the morning of.

LE may not have had any more obligation to the witness, but this type of thing is a "jackpot" for a defense attorney, hoping to demonstrate that LE may have had blinders on, and hoping to establish reasonable doubt. It's a jackpot, and nearly a slamdunk acquittal, unless there is a directly proportionate rebuttal.

I agree. This is a potentially big development. I suppose the prosecution attorney (only thinking about a criminal trial for the moment) could also damage this person's credibility on a witness stand through their questioning...that is another tactic to lessen the blow to the case if there isn't evidence to refute this witness.

I was going to mention Lilly ADkins Road in the affidavit, rather than the actual name, which is Lilly Atkins.

Does anyone know

1. What kind of dogs Brad and Nancy Cooper used to have?

2. What kind of dog Krista Lister used to have?

You don't have to post the link, I know there's a problem with that.

Thanks!

From some of DD's pictures, they look like a Maltese and a Yorkie.

Krista's.....don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member