Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like in the movies where the husband just willingly packs a suitcase and leaves to fall into the arms of his new honey...men do not want to leave their homes and it's very hard to get them out in most cases, esp when they are paying a big mortgage. If she was pushing for him to leave, custody of the girls, plus he knew he was going to get hit with big alimony and child support payments. Nancy didn't work so I think she would have gotten alimony. I do think they had a horrible fight that night when she got home and that was it.

That makes sense to me, and ITA that she most likely would have gotten rehabilitative alimony at the very least (along with child support starting on day one of any separation). Plus *if* NC requires a year long separation before divorce, it would seem his unwillingness to leave the home was a clue that things weren't going to go smoothly. If nothing else he could have used it as a way to stall, but if Nancy decided she was leaving and taking the children with her... And if he was running around, I can see her being fed up to the point of walking away from him and the house if that's what it took to get out of the marriage

CyberPro - TY for the more specific info on his work at CISCO!

Oh, Holly Springs Rd isn't the backroad that takes you into Raleigh is it? I've not been over that way in awhile but the road is familiar...

I don't understand these men. Do they think lawyers are cheaper than wives......
His bill will be more than his house is worth, and he still will have to support his children. That is until he goes to jail.
IMO

Thanks everone for the warm Welcome!

I live about 30 minutes from Cary in Durham. There are several things about this case that "bug" me.
1. Why go to the store at 4am for anything? Also most SAHM would make sure things like milk and bread were in the house especially when they have to feed toddlers.
2. He has been quoted as saying that she went running at 6 am and 7am which is it? Also he told someone she went alone and then stated she went with her friend Carrie.
3. Why didn't he start trying to call around and look for her when she didn't show up at her friends house?
4.If he just retained attorney's today why has he not been at previous press confrerences?
5. Why did he wait to notify his family of her disappearance?

I could go on and on.....I've been a guest for days but had to comment on this case...you all are great by the way.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been reading here for several days. I am kind of obsessed with criminal cases, have been ever since the Ray Carruth trial. My friends and co-workers think I have issues. But hey, I've been calling then correct for a long time. lol. and I think this guy is TOAST...

Wellll, I've been here a few yrs too (since Laci Peterson)and I know what you're talking about. So glad we have this place!
North Carolina seems to be the hot spot lately & I'm not talking about summer weather. I've followed the Michelle Young case and just read the book about Ann Miller by Amanda Lamb. I'm surprised Brad hasn't hired Wade Smith as his attorney!:crazy:

This was posted about 45 minutes ago on the WRAL comment board:

"I wonder when they'll start questioning the other potential suspect...the former girlfriend, a.k.a. former bestfriend of Nancy's. Lochemere has a tight circle...alot of people have known for over a year what was going on with the Cooper family."

Plus *if* NC requires a year long separation before divorce, it would seem his unwillingness to leave the home was a clue that things weren't going to go smoothly.
No if about it - NC definitely requires a 1 year separation. Now that's not to say that some people don't fudge the numbers...but the law is one year, in separate residences.

Can you link me to the WRAL message boards? I can't find it on their site...

I vote for toast...whomever said that above! JMO. I cannot imagine what it must be like for the family and the fear they must have for their grandchildren.

Also, somone had also pointed out how strange it was for a friend to call the POLICE just because Nancy had not shown up. Perhaps Nancy told her to call the police if something ever seemed strange...as her friend seemed to read a lot into the fact that Nancy was out for a long training run (I ran a half marathn and did some four three to three and a half hour long runs on the weekends) and that brad did not know who she went with, etc. It is a strange reaction...but not in this situation...where her friends were most likely aware of any abuse that could have been going on in the marriage. I do not think (mhoo) it was just an affair... It might not have been physical violence but I bet there was some emotional abuse or threats that may have scared her enough to tell friends and raise that red flag right away when she did not show up to paint.

Also, another thought...the friend she was painting with was also her half marathn buddy.... I bet they were training up for it together and following a schedule to get ready (I have in the past). Perhaps the red flag went off because they had a rest day scheduled for saturday and/or a long run planned for Sunday.

Wellll, I've been here a few yrs too (since Laci Peterson)and I know what you're talking about. So glad we have this place!
North Carolina seems to be the hot spot lately & I'm not talking about summer weather. I've followed the Michelle Young case and just read the book about Ann Miller by Amanda Lamb. I'm surprised Brad hasn't hired Wade Smith as his attorney!:crazy:

I've been following true crime since Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood". I also just this week finnished the book about Ann Miller by Amanda Lamb. It was funny seeing Wade Smith's picture in the book as her defence attorney. He also (unsuccessfully) defended Jeffrey McDonald. They are both old men now.

Someday these stupid husbands will realize that the spouse is the first one the police (and the rest of us) look at when the wife is missing or murdered.

i'm thinking he thought he'd cover his azz by telling them right off, about the trip to the store....he may very well have purchased bread & milk, along with some type of cleaning product....

If true..the man obviously has no brains.

I want to know if Nancy's medication had been tampered with and if she had the proper amount in her system.

You have been busy here! Welcome to all the new members (lurkers especially)! There have been many joining because of this case and a few others. Great to see people interested since this is what it takes to help make others realize this needs to stop.

Murder is not an option in a divorce, however, it is working for a few of them...as in the cases of Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic, Michelle Young, and other husbands who have found this to be the way out. We need to be working to change the laws to enable LE (Law Enforcement) to waive a search warrant when a person goes missing. They should be able to immediately go into the home, search it as a crime scene, and be able to secure the scene before the spouse can get rid of crucial evidence to prevent prosecution. This would be a start. While it may not prevent the murder, it would prevent these men from getting away with it. Food for thought.

From the looks of all the quotes from Momto3kids on the internet, we have a star! WTG, Mom! Thanks for that and for the information on the area where she was found (Ha..I was right about those white cloths!) You did the right thing and I see now that tv crews have taken on the task of confirming the store visit. As it should be!

The news of possible affairs of Brad's does not surprise me. I pegged that just from his personality traits. He has to constantly feed his ego. It doesn't surprise me either that it could be a friend of Nancy's. When a man can seduce your friend, he exercises control over you and her. It is the ultimate betrayal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scroobius