Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Gary Hilton case, a person not directly related to any murder had their info posted on WS and they complained. The mods did not take kindly to this and pointed out that because info is out there and it is public does not mean that it should be posted. And we were told to never do that again.

gotcha.....makes sense to me.

I assume they have seen the petition to be able to state these things in the manner they did.

The newspaper office is within blocks of the courthouse. I'm going to guess that if they didn't have a prior tip (which I kind of doubt), they could easily have had someone looking-up the record before the press event had ended.

This would also explain why the first story sounded like it may have been dictated over the phone or filed via a Blackberry, while now that they have a copy in-house, the story is being fleshed-out with more detail.

Well, I did a post concerning Jessica early this morning and pointed out that it was my opinion only. It was in regard to the way she spoke on Greta last night. I still feel that way. I had a really good friend that found HER best friend in an affair with her husband. That friend was always calling her. She had even discussed her marriage with that friend.
It does happen. I hope I have not offended any of you, but I expressed an opinion that was an honest opinion and had seen it happen before.
Thanks. Got to run out and take care of some business now.

In the complaint, Rentz and Lister allege that Bradley Cooper had been having an affair and that in the months leading up to Nancy's death, he'd been yelling at Nancy and belittling her in front of the children.

~snip~

In the complaint, Rentz and Lister say that in a few months ago Bradley Cooper had removed the children's passports from Nancy Cooper's vehicle, essentially prohibiting her from moving to Canada with the children.

They also claim Bradley Cooper was withholding money from his wife, and Nancy Cooper had to borrow money from her family to buy groceries for her and the girls.

~snip~

The judge also ordered Bradley Cooper to turn over the passports of Isabella, 4, and Gabriella, almost 2, so they might attend their mother's funeral in Canada. Later this month, a judge will consider a request for Rentz and Lister to care for the children more permanently.

~snip~

Rentz and Lister said in the custody complaint that Bradley Cooper had been having an affair with another woman. They also say that Bradley Cooper threatened suicide earlier this year and had tried to kill himself as a teenager.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1144548.html

I assume they have seen the petition to be able to state these things in the manner they did.

The hair on the back of my kneck stood up when I read this-
OMG- this poor woman has been dealing with this for MONTHS at a minimum. I am horrified all over again.

I hope God forgives me for saying this but I wish he had been successful in his threat to take his own life earlier this year.

To my earlier point in first thread- again it seems by this complaint that there HAD to be signs of this behavior and/or abuse. I am so heartfully sorry for this family. I really hope if any of you reading this are in or know of someone in this situation I beg you to leave it. This really can happen to anyone.

In the complaint, Rentz and Lister allege that Bradley Cooper had been having an affair and that in the months leading up to Nancy's death, he'd been yelling at Nancy and belittling her in front of the children.
~snip~

In the complaint, Rentz and Lister say that in a few months ago Bradley Cooper had removed the children's passports from Nancy Cooper's vehicle, essentially prohibiting her from moving to Canada with the children.

They also claim Bradley Cooper was withholding money from his wife, and Nancy Cooper had to borrow money from her family to buy groceries for her and the girls.

~snip~

The judge also ordered Bradley Cooper to turn over the passports of Isabella, 4, and Gabriella, almost 2, so they might attend their mother's funeral in Canada. Later this month, a judge will consider a request for Rentz and Lister to care for the children more permanently.

~snip~

Rentz and Lister said in the custody complaint that Bradley Cooper had been having an affair with another woman. They also say that Bradley Cooper threatened suicide earlier this year and had tried to kill himself as a teenager.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1144548.html

So Nancy will indeed be transported home for burial. I feel this is the right thing to do.

I thought that BC was staying with friends....

I am sure that by now if the mistress was Jessica, she would have not been doing interviews and such on behalf of Nancy.

ETA: It wasn't Jessica at the presser. Sorry! Misunderstood. (Where is that blonde smiley again? LOL)

Well, I did a post concerning Jessica early this morning and pointed out that it was my opinion only. It was in regard to the way she spoke on Greta last night. I still feel that way. I had a really good friend that found HER best friend in an affair with her husband. That friend was always calling her. She had even discussed her marriage with that friend.
It does happen. I hope I have not offended any of you, but I expressed an opinion that was an honest opinion and had seen it happen before.
Thanks. Got to run out and take care of some business now.

Not offended here, it does happen, just dont think it has in this case so far. I DO think when they name the ho-cake that it very well maybe a similar scenario, it is rumored she was an aquaintance or friend of Nancy's.

To my earlier point in first thread- again it seems by this complaint that there HAD to be signs of this behavior and/or abuse. I am so heartfully sorry for this family. I really hope if any of you reading this are in or know of someone in this situation I beg you to leave it. This really can happen to anyone.
If anyone can take a positive away from this...it is the hope other women in a similar situation will see themselves in potential danger and carefully plan to get out. Contacting their nearest Domestic Violence Intervention Service is the first step. Leaving is the most dangerous part in a domestic abuse scenario. DVIS can help create a safe plan to remove the children and the spouse to minimize the danger as much as possible.

Sorry, but I did not understand that to be Jessica. The reporter and Krista were talking about Nancy's outgoing personality and how easily she made friends. About all the friends saying they were Nancy's best friend. I understood that to be a reporter and Krista but not Jessica.
I guess I misunderstood then. Sorry!

I changed my post and deleted that part...if you would be so kind to delete it in your post...I would appreciate it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celt View Post
Good morning all
They have updated some great pictures of Nancy and her wonderful family on WRAL
http://www.wral.com/news/local/image_gallery/3208444/
also I thought this was interesting
"Brett Adam, a friend of the Coopers' whose wife reported her missing Saturday afternoon, said: "Brad is himself suffering enormously. One of the things I've said is that it's all too easy to slip into rumor."
Do you think he is staying w/The Adams?
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/cri...y/1144227.html
Good morning and thanks for the links Celt. I bet the friends he is staying with is the Adams.

This was why I was curious where they lived. There have been numerous questions about where they live, and why JA wasn't at the party. I was trying to see if their address was in that block of homes, NC and BC's neighborhood. Again I'm sorry and I did remove that. As a newbie here, I shouldn't come storming in and posting without learning your etiquette, and now that I thought about it, I realize etiquette or not, it was bad judgment.

Those friends are suffering terribly. I watched to interview on Good Morning America, It brought tears to my eyes!

...I'm not really sure where the "bread and milk" story originated.
I think that story originated from Brad's mouth. I believe that he told police that he had gone to the store at 6 a.m. to buy bread and milk. After reading the complaint filed by Nancy's father and sister, his story is pathetic. Nancy had to borrow money from her parents to buy groceries for the children and herself because Brad wouldn't give her money for food. What a loser.

Thanks for this link Seriously Searching : http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1144548.html

This information is amazing. A complete control freak is Mr. Cooper, removing passports so his children cannot go to Canada - quess he was afraid Nancy would indeed go. Quess this explains why her parents vacationed in Hilton Head - only way to see the children was to vacation in the US. Would also be a big bone of contention if Nancy had made up her mind to leave him - she would need those passports. Seems to me he definitely did not want her to leave.

With holding money and Nancy had to borrow money from her parents to buy groceries for the children - holy cow this is lunacy. Certainly explains why he was in the store purchasing items. If she has no access to money it also makes it very difficult to leave as well. Attempted suicides, hmmm, another control mechamism - if one wants to die they will make it happen not just attempt it.

WOW

Oh, Headn~ Don't worry! Everyone here has done it! No big deal and it is understandable why you thought it. Normally, it isn't an issue if the people do turn out to be involved. I like that you took the initiative to look it up. Shows you are one of us! LOL

I think that story originated from Brad's mouth. I believe that he told police that he had gone to the store at 6 a.m. to buy bread and milk. After reading the complaint filed by Nancy's father and sister, his story is pathetic. Nancy had to borrow money from her parents to buy groceries for the children and herself because Brad wouldn't give her money for food. What a loser.
He is a loser! Big time! :loser:

I think what Magister was getting at is that we didn't have a clear picture of how anyone found out about his statement to LE since they have not released it.

After reading that article about the marriage I bet the family is just heartsick that they let her go back after they were on vacation. woulda, coulda, shoulda....I am sure Nancy probably assured them that she would be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot