Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad has only had BMW's since moving to NC. Only 1 vehicle is listed per year, not 2 vehicles. I find this strange since they both appear to have vehicles. Leased vehicles are still listed for tax purpose, so that can't be the reason.

Probably a Company Car owned by Cisco?

Well, at least Brad does not have ol' DA Defong(did I spell that right?) on his side anymore...

Off Topic, but this scares the crap out of me... I am filing the big d papers in Aug on my verbally abusive, narcissistic husband. I have wanted to file for the past yr, but have been so scared of what he will do when I do file. I can file a restaining order, but we have a child, so we will have contact, and he is going to flip out. I am seriously reconsidering filing...

I wonder if his lawyers are trying to negotiate some kind of deal for him. He will probably use the "accident and I panicked" defense. Why not negotiate a manslaughter deal if you highly suspect that the police have enough forensics to charge you with first degree murder? Maybe, that is what the press conference will be about tomorrow. Maybe, Brad and his lawyers are putting the finishing touches on a deal as we speak.

Well, at least Brad does not have ol' DA Defong(did I spell that right?) on his side anymore...

Off Topic, but this scares the crap out of me... I am filing the big d papers in Aug on my verbally abusive, narcissistic husband. I have wanted to file for the past yr, but have been so scared of what he will do when I do file. I can file a restaining order, but we have a child, so we will have contact, and he is going to flip out. I am seriously reconsidering filing...
Nifong is the former DA. Good luck with your divorce. Why don't you ease out of it by telling your husband that things just aren't good for your child and that you want to work with him on the terms. I advise you not to take him to the cleaners. Your life is worth more than that.

I may get thumped on this, but, see an attorney( hopefuy you have at least one in mind via referral), share your concerns and follow their advice to the letter. Being scared for your physical safety is not normal and if you are concerned about his reaction upfront you have reason to be.
Good luck and back to topic.

I wonder if his lawyers are trying to negotiate some kind of deal for him. He will probably use the "accident and I panicked" defense. Why not negotiate a manslaughter deal if you highly suspect that the police have enough forensics to charge you with first degree murder? Maybe, that is what the press conference will be about tomorrow. Maybe, Brad and his lawyers are putting the finishing touches on a deal as we speak.

Exactly. I don't understand why Scott Peterson never thought of that. But moving the body, if that's your claim, is a big mistake. I always said that SP could have got by with 10 yrs. or less if he'd had a bigger brain.

I will never understand why these geniuses think they are so smart that they can out-think the entire police force, forensics labs, medical examiners and criminalists who collectively have years and years of training. It takes a true narcissist to think that way.

I personally am unaware of attorneys or LE being open to discuss a plea deal, especially in a potential capital murder case, prior to so much as being named a suspect. Why would you approach a DA with an innocent client who has not been so much as questioned. I think it will happen, your right, just not ripe yet. If his attorneys are trying to seek a deal already he's sunk...

Blink34....I thought that also, but this is my confusion. Assuming and most likely Nancy drove the SUV, it is the one NOT listed. The listing is 2001 BMW 4S. Nancy most likely would not be able to drive a company vehicle. If Cisco provied a vehicle it would have to be the SUV not listed and I just can't see Brad driving it....not flashy enough for him.

Exactly. I don't understand why Scott Peterson never thought of that. But moving the body, if that's your claim, is a big mistake. I always said that SP could have got by with 10 yrs. or less if he'd had a bigger brain.

I will never understand why these geniuses think they are so smart that they can out-think the entire police force, forensics labs, medical examiners and criminalists who collectively have years and years of training. It takes a true narcissist to think that way.

Scott Peterson may very well have gotten away with that if those bodies never surfaced. I know the DA says differently, but arresting someone and convicting someone are 2 different things. So they think they will get away with it because they actually do for at least a while in their minds.

Blink34....I thought that also, but this is my confusion. Assuming and most likely Nancy drove the SUV, it is the one NOT listed. The listing is 2001 BMW 4S. Nancy most likely would not be able to drive a company vehicle. If Cisco provied a vehicle it would have to be the SUV not listed and I just can't see Brad driving it....not flashy enough for him.

What reference regarding the cars are you referring to?

NO, by law an attempt to serve must be made or indicated that it was attempted. This says that it WAS submitted, so he was served. On the chamber transcript it was probably acknowledged for the record if he did not appear. LOL, I love how your trying to read it while getting ready-

LOL - you're right! I missed the 'fine print' - sumons submitted. Sorry!
I still don't understand, because there's no affidavit of service or attempted service BUT it doesn't matter. We know he wasn't there.lol
I'm ready now! Hi Ho, it's off to work I go!:seeya:

No one has reported on what she was wearing (if anything) when she was found. Right?

Speculation here: What if an arguement did ensue once she returned from the party the night before. He lost it. Killed her. Realized what he had done. Intelligent (IT person - logic thinker) comes up with a story. Running. Never came back. I would think that Brad is smart enough to know that he can't dump her in the clothes that she wore to the party because that would throw his "running" story right out the window. So now he has to get those clothes off of her. Either wash them or destroy them. Put her running attire on to coincide with his fabricated & 7:00 am run. NOW IF he re-dressed her would/could they do the same "touch DNA" test that was recently done on Jonbenet Ramsay's leggings?

Scott Peterson may very well have gotten away with that if those bodies never surfaced. I know the DA says differently, but arresting someone and convicting someone are 2 different things. So they think they will get away with it because they actually do for at least a while in their minds.

FWIW, they had submitted the papers to the DA in the Peterson case, long before they actually arrested him. As you said, the DA wanted them to continue looking for the body.

They may have eventually charged SP without the body as evidence, but Laci and Conner coming home on Good Friday? was icing on the cake and a padlock for SP's cell.

He deserved it too!:mad:

fran

LOL - you're right! I missed the 'fine print' - sumons submitted. Sorry!
I still don't understand, because there's no affidavit of service or attempted service BUT it doesn't matter. We know he wasn't there.lol
I'm ready now! Hi Ho, it's off to work I go!:seeya:
I hear ya, I was thinking maybe because it came from the press they did not release that as I assume it has the address of wherever he is staying?
Also I think the affidavit of service only needs to be submitted to the judge, not filed with the order?

To top it off, Brad didn't let Nancy's family know she was missing!

It will make me *happy* when he is arrested for this. I hope they throw the book at him and that he is convicted of murder one.

I am sick of people killing their spouses.

RC

No one has reported on what she was wearing (if anything) when she was found. Right?

Speculation here: What if an arguement did ensue once she returned from the party the night before. He lost it. Killed her. Realized what he had done. Intelligent (IT person - logic thinker) comes up with a story. Running. Never came back. I would think that Brad is smart enough to know that he can't dump her in the clothes that she wore to the party because that would throw his "running" story right out the window. So now he has to get those clothes off of her. Either wash them or destroy them. Put her running attire on to coincide with his fabricated & 7:00 am run. NOW IF he re-dressed her would/could they do the same "touch DNA" test that was recently done on Jonbenet Ramsay's leggings?

Ah-ha! I never thought of that!

He was washing her clothes from the night before because they had 'evidence' on them?

That would make sense. LE would need to find them so he could show she came home and THEN went running.

I bet she did drive the car to the party. He had to account for the car being home. 'She went running.' (not her usual MO, but he thought that would work, imo)

Good thinking!
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members