Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true RC. Like you, I'm WOW at this custody order. Obviously Brad wasn't at the hearing. I'm assuming he's been served with a copy of this order and will be able to contest it? Or maybe he consented. All I can think of is Linda Fisher! I believe we've been told that grandparents don't have any rights in NC. Maybe the fact that Brad had threatened suicide and had previously made an attempt on his own life when he was a teenager had a lot to do with this order.

The nature of the petition (Req for Emergency Order) implies it was not concentual, and his attorney would have been served prior, he obviously elected not to attend.
I'm thinking possibly because he thought he would be taken into custody there or was advised not to fight it as he would have to refute the claims on it and it could be used as evidence is an open hearing on public record.

It's taken me a couple of hours to catch up all the posts since yesterday. Wow, you all have been very busy!

I saw the news update earlier about the grandparents getting custody. Good!

I can't believe this guy. Well, yes I can. I've known a few people just like him. ehhhh.............only they never murdered anyone, IF he did it, and that I KNOW of.:rolleyes:

Actually, I'm not at all surprised by the information given on the court documents. Not surprised at all.

Some said it most likely wasn't over $$ because he had good earning potential (in other words). That does NOT matter to this type of person. They want it ALL! Just like he wouldn't leave the house. Now we find out he took the kids passports. He wouldn't even let her buy food! Why? Because it's HIS house, HIS kids, HIS $$.

What the bottom line is, was, he was loosing control. Nancy wanted her life back, but he wasn't willing to let her have it. She wasn't going to take her kids away either. And she certainly wasn't going to have the house nor one thin dime of HIS $$.

I saw that article yesterday, was it a radio station? That went on and on and on of the fathers who'd murdered their children. They then went on to say something about Nancy's children needed to be protected. I would like to think that they, were in part, responsible for helping the grandparents and sister obtain custody, by bringing THIS particular case to the attention of the public. Lord only knows what he COULD have done. Good grief! {scary}

I can't wait until they arrest him.:behindbar.......I know, I know he is 'innocent until proven guilty.' But I'm NOT going to be on that jury and it's MY opinion, he did it. Looks like MOST people agree.

I'm heartbroken for what happened to this beautiful woman, person, mother, daughter. I wish there were words to make her family and friends feel better, but I know nothing will make the pain of the past week go away. NOTHING. The ache of their loss of this beautiful soul must be unbearable. This is a position I pray I am never in.

When will this stop? When will this attack on our female population end? Love, honor, and cherish, UNTIL DEATH DO US PART.

I used to like that last part,.............sounded like forever,.............until it's said by an abuser,.......then it's a chilling prophecy that these types of spouses are all too quick to bring to fruition by MURDERING the ONE person that loved them unconditionally, until they turned into a monster.

Bless Nancy's family and friends and most especially her two adorable little girls. Let's pray that at least ONE person seeing this case, that is in a similar situation, will seek help and run. The life they save may be their own.

Sadly, IMHO,
fran

Everyone keeps saying he is devastated. In my opinion he is falling apart and losing it fast. I don't think he will put up a strong fight. I think he did not plan to kill her and can't deal with what he has done. JMO

I'm wondering if Brad even fought the Custody transfer. If his lawyers had, you would think the custody transfer would have taken a little longer. I looked at the pictures of Nancy Cooper. I love photo number 7. I wish they would blow that picture up to a 5x7 or 8x10 and give it to Bella.

It appears Brad had no choice in the change of custody.
THX for link Stephie. :)

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/17/3222032/20080717103017508.pdf

ETA: Notice lawfirm the plaintiffs chose.

OMG. Nancy's Father is the Director of the Equivalent to the US Children and Youth Services in Alberta, CA. Can you imagine his grief?

ETA: It is also only good through 7/25/08 where a return hearing is scheduled, so it makes sense that he didnt bother to contest, he can then, and the children can go to Canada through then.

It appears Brad had no choice in the change of custody.
THX for link Stephie. :)

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/17/3222032/20080717103017508.pdf

ETA: Notice lawfirm the plaintiffs chose.

Thanks Shuze and Stephie ( are you reading Steph - HELLO !)

Yep old Brad buddy is POI even if LE isn't saying it...

ETA - Nancy obtained counsul on or about March 8, 2008 to resolve custody issues relating to a pending seperation ! She was going to leave the situation...

I agree. IMO, she is terrible to do that. She has some nerve to sleep in that woman's bed :mad:. I hope the spouses find out and ruin the party.

:twocents:

Me too IdahoMom she has absolutaly no moral fiber!

I'm wondering if Brad even fought the Custody transfer. If his lawyers had, you would think the custody transfer would have taken a little longer. I looked at the pictures of Nancy Cooper. I love photo number 7. I wish they would blow that picture up to a 5x7 or 8x10 and give it to Bella.
Yes, it would have, but it was an emergency order, so I am inclined to think he would have ruled at the hearing regardless if the parties could not reach an agreement.

I hope that they are able to nail him quicker than they are getting to Jason Young, who I am sure is watching this case with interest.

Oh, I'm sure he is too - AND the Fishers'.
Good post Nan - I was nodding my head throughout it and only snipped for space.

Yikes! When you read the actual order (thanks for the WRAL/asset link), it clearly says that the parents think he did it and that he may be a flight risk. Clearly there's no question about what they believe and it also says that it was done "ex parte", plus it orders LE to aid in the transfer of custody, which the N&O article says actually happened.

The nature of the petition (Req for Emergency Order) implies it was not concentual, and his attorney would have been served prior, he obviously elected not to attend.
I'm thinking possibly because he thought he would be taken into custody there or was advised not to fight it as he would have to refute the claims on it and it could be used as evidence is an open hearing on public record.

I see that now Blink - Ex parte. I believe he was not served with notice of this application but he will be served with this Order and be able to contest it on July 25th.
I read it very quickly - trying to get ready for work..

Item 6 (above link)
Nancy retained counsel on March 10,2008.
Inpending separation and child custody.

This is what LE said before. One would have to assume it would not be any of Nancy's close friends in this situation, but his own.

true...and I wasn't assuming he would be with a close friend of Nancy....just guessing the people are family friends. And, I don't need to know who they are.

I see that now Blink - Ex parte. I believe he was not served with notice of this application but he will be served with this Order and be able to contest it on July 25th.
I read it very quickly - trying to get ready for work..

NO, by law an attempt to serve must be made or indicated that it was attempted. This says that it WAS submitted, so he was served. On the chamber transcript it was probably acknowledged for the record if he did not appear. LOL, I love how your trying to read it while getting ready-

snipped
OMG. Nancy's Father is the Director of the Equivalent to the US Children and Youth Services in Alberta, CA. Can you imagine his grief?

No wonder they got this through so quickly. Dad probably knew what to do and who to go to to get it done. Good for him!

I just read the petition. I can't believe he not only didn't report her missing he didn't even notify her family. That really doesn't look good for him. I wonder how her family found out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54