Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ut the whole thing reminds me why I choose not to live in Cary; As a whole, the Triangle is just so "convenient", everything you could want can easily be found and if you combine that with the natural tendency to "keep up with the Jones", I can sort of understand having difficulty maintaining the Cary lifestyle

Not ALL of Cary is like that. I live in Cary and I don't feel the need to have to 'keep up' with anyone. I'm in an older/established 'hood in Cary. My neighbors are all regular folk...some have lived in their homes for 15 years. People in Raleigh or Durham or wherever feel the same need to 'keep up' as folks in Cary (or anywhere else for that matter). IOW, comes down to the person and what their priorities are.

Bottom line is Brad's 'list' is self-serving and is not cooberated by anyone at this point. This is a desperate man that would say anything to cover his tracks with lies and spin.

It looks to me that most of Brad's list can easily be verified or proven, while the friends are all mostly repeating stories that Nancy told them. Pretty much none of their secondhand accounts have any bearing on his fitness to parent and though they do speak to problems in the relationship, not a lot of it points to murder.

This whole thing is a sideshow and will make good fodder for cable tv.

I live in the middle of the desert and the water portion of my city bill is around $20. And, though I have no idea why she didn't call Brad when the water was shut-off, but obviously if she wasn't too embarrassed to recount this story to all of her friends and unwilling to call her husband, why wouldn't one of her friends loan her twenty bucks?

Like most everyone else, I've never met any of these people, but the whole thing reminds me why I choose not to live in Cary; As a whole, the Triangle is just so "convenient", everything you could want can easily be found and if you combine that with the natural tendency to "keep up with the Jones", I can sort of understand having difficulty maintaining the Cary lifestyle and running a household on $1200, a month. (Though to be honest, my household budget for non-billed neccessities is two-thirds that amount, primarily because I'm in BFE - America, so I don't have as many Joneses) (And, the rising price of gas along with a lot of food products forced me to raise what I had been budgeting and occasionally make choices)

And, as I pointed-out earlier, she easily could've taken any of those "allowances" and open a checking account at any bank.

$20 :waitasec:

I live 6 miles away in Raleigh and my monthly bill runs around $40.
It would be need to be behind 3 months before the city cut it off.

What kind of husband, who claims he's innocent, would allow his attorney to besmeech the memory of his wife in any form? Remember, Brad is playing the part of the innocent, loving, caregiving husband {pause while I choke back my breakfast}. Such an innocent man would never say anything unkind about his dear wife or allow his attorney to do so. In fact such a man would be focused on finding the 'real' killer(s) of his wife.

Wouldn't he? Such an innocent, caring man?

Maybe you have a point there.

But...it appears that things were not that civil between them during the last period of time spent together.
Add, into the mix, the fact that, if he is innocent, his custody of his children is at stake.

It looks to me that most of Brad's list can easily be verified or proven, while the friends are all mostly repeating stories that Nancy told them. Pretty much none of their secondhand accounts have any bearing on his fitness to parent and though they do speak to problems in the relationship, not a lot of it points to murder.

This whole thing is a sideshow and will make good fodder for cable tv.

You keep posting this.
Go back and look at the list again .

In addition to knocking the victim and her family, the majority of that crap was 'his' recounting how loving and caring he was to the children. 5 people + her sister and parents have said that is not the case.

I ask again, who will step up and prove or verify Brad's list ?

What NC's friends' affidavits show is a pattern of behavior that show that Brad was someone who appeared to despise his wife, show little regard for anyone else's needs, control every aspect of his wife's life even if it would negatively affect his children and their welfare. What I read indicates an escalating pattern of controlling behaviors and yes, some of those things CAN be verified or proven (particularly allegations that Brad went on a 2 week trip and never called...phone records would show how often NC tried to call Brad and phone records would show no return calls). Plus there were witnesses to some of Brad's behaviors.

Whether or not Brad is fit to parent is for the courts to decide. The biggest issue right now is the murder investigation and what evidence exists to prove NC's murder.

Not ALL of Cary is like that. I live in Cary and I don't feel the need to have to 'keep up' with anyone. I'm in an older/established 'hood in Cary. My neighbors are all regular folk...some have lived in their homes for 15 years. People in Raleigh or Durham or wherever feel the same need to 'keep up' as folks in Cary (or anywhere else for that matter). IOW, comes down to the person and what their priorities are.

One side of my father's family moved to what is now part of Cary, when the patriarch was given a land grant at the end of the Revolutionary War; His other side had lived in or around Durham for more than a hundred years, prior to my grandfather marrying into the Cary family, so I was there when there was nothing.

The whole "spend" thing may be a personality thing and what broke me of it was when I started living in middle-of-nowhere type places. If it's an hour or more to any store of any size, you really tend to not spend as much. Occasionally over the years, I've moved back to the Triangle from time to time, but it's usually not long until I start wanting to do this, wanting to do that, wanting to buy this and absolutely needing that. It's just all so "convenient" and everybody else has everything.

Maybe you have a point there. But...it appears that things were not that civil between them during the last period of time spent together. Add, into the mix, the fact that, if he is innocent, his custody of his children is at stake.
But this poor murdered woman was the MOTHER of Brad's precious daughters. What loving father would allow Nancy to be vilified, ESPECIALLY when she was murdered by some random heartless killer out there? I mean sure, they had their differences, but according to Brad's sworn affidavit, he LOVED his wife and WANTED his marriage to continue. So again I ask, what innocent, loving husband, who loves his wife despite past differences, and wanted to stay married to his wife, and whose wife was taken away from the loving husband and 2 darling little girls, would ever say anything unkind or allow others to besmeech his wife's memory? (The wife he desperately wanted to stay married to and who he loved...according to his sworn affidavit)? :rolleyes:

What NC's friends' affidavits show is a pattern of behavior that show that Brad was someone who appeared to despise his wife, show little regard for anyone else's needs, control every aspect of his wife's life even if it would negatively affect his children and their welfare. What I read indicates an escalating pattern of controlling behaviors and yes, some of those things CAN be verified or proven (particularly allegations that Brad went on a 2 week trip and never called...phone records would show how often NC tried to call Brad and phone records would show no return calls). Plus there were witnesses to some of Brad's behaviors.

Whether or not Brad is fit to parent is for the courts to decide. The biggest issue right now is the murder investigation and what evidence exists to prove NC's murder.

That is correct SleuthyGal.
This custody hearing means nothing in the big picture.

The DA will need the hard evidence to convict Brad Cooper in a criminal court for murder. I am beginning to have a sinking feeling this may end up like the Michelle Young case where the killing husband is walking free almost 2 years later.

I know the Waverly Place thing has already been discussed, but I did want to mention that I still call it the HT at Waverly Place even though it moved across the street many years ago.

Also, in reference to the water being cut off. Someone asked if Nancy inquired about getting it turned back on. Back in my college days I worked for Progress Energy (CP&L at the time) and we had to do written documentation of each call. I would think that most utilities have some type of system where the Customer Svc. Rep documents the type of call and what not.

You keep posting this.
Go back and look at the list again .

In addition to knocking the victim and her family, the majority of that crap was 'his' recounting how loving and caring he was to the children. 5 people + her sister and parents have said that is not the case.
Nancy's family lives more than a thousand miles away, as do my in-laws and I doubt they could tell you what I do around the house.

All of the flex-schedule stuff are perks of his job, as is the option to work from home; I'm sure the doctors can verify that they've met him; Somebody at the preschool can say who usually drops-off the kids; The marriage and grief counselors can say that he was a client; I'm sure there's a picture of him as Eyeore; "NAME" was present; All of the stuff about shielding them from the media is without question; Credit card receipts should indicate who made the majority of purchases; Anything Tiffany's or Talbot might be implied; The fancy purse has been reported and the laptop bag should have a record; Obviously, he's been paying the bills; The separation agreement is a record; All of the health and safety issues can be verified; The stuff relating to the investigation is a public record...

I could go on, but heck, you could just ask the kids about a lot of the unverifiable stuff.

And, the bottom line is that unless he's at least charged with a crime or there's some kind of evidence of abuse toward the children, the court is really not going to have a choice. (Though, I still expect a continuance, unless Brad won't agree)

Until yesterday, i thought he killed her after an argument in a fit of rage.
After reading his story about the trips to the store and the call from Nancy, I am considering he planned this murder. He stewed over paying child support and alimony, selling the house, paying off credit cards and being left with nothing.

I think there is a good chance he walked in her room at 5:45 am and quietly strangled her to death. He then dressed her in her jogging clothes and dumped her in the area he 'scouted' that he would not be spotted. The trips to HT were to cover him in case he was spotted driving around at 6 am.

There is obviously no blood or damning forensics in the home or car.
As an extremely intelligent narcissist, he talked to the cops because he thought his story was bullet proof and he was smarter than them. I am sure a lot of the affidavit was a regurgitation of what he told the cops in the interview

But this poor murdered woman was the MOTHER of Brad's precious daughters. What loving father would allow Nancy to be vilified, ESPECIALLY when she was murdered by some random heartless killer out there? I mean sure, they had their differences, but according to Brad's sworn affidavit, he LOVED his wife and WANTED his marriage to continue. So again I ask, what innocent, loving husband, who loves his wife despite past differences, and wanted to stay married to his wife, and whose wife was taken away from the loving husband and 2 darling little girls, would ever say anything unkind or allow others to besmeech his wife's memory? (The wife he desperately wanted to stay married to and who he loved...according to his sworn affidavit)? :rolleyes:

I don't intend to be argumentative, just to state how it appears to me, so please take it simply as an opinion.

I don't see it as him besmeeching his wife's memory, I see it as him (if he is innocent) trying to throw some light on his take on the relationship, seeing as he has been targeted and labelled by media and sleuthers. It might be him trying to give a rounded picture and present his side of the story. If Nancy's parents can point out all his shortcomings....is he to just sit back and accept that he will lose the children and not even stand up for his rights in the issue?

If his behaviour in the marriage is allowed to come into the argument, then, surely hers should, too.

Until yesterday, i thought he killed her after an argument in a fit of rage.
After reading his story about the trips to the store and the call from Nancy, I am considering he planned this murder. He stewed over paying child support and alimony, selling the house, paying off credit cards and being left with nothing.

If it was Brad, I don't think it was well planned, at all.

And, he'd still going to have to pay for the children's support, the credit cards, the loans and he'd probably still have to sell the house, whether or not Nancy was alive.

Did he take a page from Jason Young's play book ?

He knew he would be suspected, so unlike Jason he cooperated with the cops, thinking he could outsmart 'em.....unlike Jason, he cares what the public thinks about his reputation.

Like Jason Young, did he wear gloves and sleeves to protect his skin from her finger nails when he tried to choke her (He was much stronger than Jason, so she did not get away )?

He knew he was smarter than Jason, so if he killed his wife in Wake County and is still free nearly 2 years later, he knew he could do it too.

If it was Brad, I don't think it was well planned, at all.

And, he's still going to have to pay for the children's support, the credit cards, the loans and he'd probably still have to sell the house, whether or not Nancy was alive.

I disagree. He would not spend $2100 each month on those girls + he would not be paying Nancy substantial alimony for 8 years.
He was not on the brink of bankruptcy. Remember, he blamed all the money issues on Nancy.

I don't intend to be argumentative, just to state how it appears to me, so please take it simply as an opinion.

I don't see it as him besmeeching his wife's memory, I see it as him (if he is innocent) trying to throw some light on his take on the relationship, seeing as he has been targeted and labelled by media and sleuthers. It might be him trying to give a rounded picture and present his side of the story. If Nancy's parents can point out all his shortcomings....is he to just sit back and accept that he will lose the children and not even stand up for his rights in the issue?

If his behaviour in the marriage is allowed to come into the argument, then, surely hers should, too.

I actually agree with this.

However, if it is true that she has a shopping addiction and drove them into the poorhouse (as he implies), and if it is true that he really was going to have to pay 2100 per month in childcare, plus tuition to private school for two, plus alimony (and I doubt his take-home after taxes is more than 4-5K per month, so that would probably be about 3/4 of his salary plus the house, etc,), then those claims do increase his motives for murder. Honestly, if one of my friends were being taken to the cleaners in a divorce like that, I'd think the wife was pretty greedy (though not deserving of murder, of course!).

Anyway, making her look money-hungry, while it makes her look like less than a perfect wife, it does make him look more guilty, IMO.

Now that I've reread the water parts of the affidavits, I see that "she couldn't afford the satisfy the unpaid bill" is actually cited a couple of times, but besides the fact that a water bill shouldn't be very much and her friends could've loaned her the money or she could've probably called Brad at work; Once again, why is this single incident (which is perfectly normal) be a reason for his children to be taken away and why does EVERYONE know that their water was cut-off, once?

You seem to be able to make a lot of excuses for single time occurrances - perhaps expanding to see the totality might help you see the pattern. It is quite possible that EVERYONE knew about this because maybe she did end up borrowing money from a friend to satisfy it, you know, while Brad was at work...down the road a ways oblivious to the fact the water was turned off. Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm