Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she most certainly didn't deserve a death sentence! Just found it interesting that it's in there.

But, we don't know that BC had a continued affair w/ HM either. From what I read, he's not implicated in the alienation of affection lawsuit and you certainly would think he would be in there if it was an ongoing affair.

I think MOST people would just ignore that little 'alienation of affection' cra*. That's for the lawyers to make extra pocket change.

We've had many WS members that caught their ex's cheating, and all they did was kick him to the curb and file ASAP. They didn't bother with all the other stuff. PLUS, quite often it's not necessary to call the one they were cheating with to court. The cheating spouse quite often knows they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and will pay up to get it over with!

JMHO
fran

From the affidavit "She is an indespensable witness"

christine:

I don't understand all of this legal speak. But what I can gather, he wants her out as an attorney of record but he wants her file.

Now,.....my understanding is she cannot testify as to anything with her former (deceased) client because it's privileged.

BUT,........IF it's privileged, if it's NOT disputed, it can be brought up in court.

So the part where Nancy said she wanted him to have joint custody, he wants that admitted.

BUT, anything Nancy said against his client, to this other attorney is also privileged and cannot be used if it's disputed.

is that right?

So, anything Nancy said, like he withheld the passports, wouldn't give her $$ for food and clothes, etc,.......HE can dispute and it cannot be discussed in court.

Am I making sense and is that what it's saying?

JMHO
fran

I agree that the issue of NC's alleged cheating has nothing to do with the custody. OTOH, I don't think it was only mentioned out of spite. If it's true, the "other man" should be investigated, as well, right?

Also, I don't know all the laws about lawyers, but it does in some ways make sense that the divorce lawyer would be called as a witness. Would that be possible if she were also the lawyer in the case? The argument that this would go against the previous client's (NC's) wishes is ridiculous, though.

christine:

I don't understand all of this legal speak. But what I can gather, he wants her out as an attorney of record but he wants her file.

Now,.....my understanding is she cannot testify as to anything with her former (deceased) client because it's privileged.

BUT,........IF it's privileged, if it's NOT disputed, it can be brought up in court.

So the part where Nancy said she wanted him to have joint custody, he want that admitted.

BUT, anything Nancy said against his client, to this other attorney is also privileged and cannot be used if it's disputed.

is that right?

So, anything Nancy said, like he withheld the passports, wouldn't give her $$ for food and clothes, etc,.......HE can dispute and it cannot be discussed in court.

Am I making sense and is that what it's saying?

JMHO
fran
Nancy may have said on March 10 that BC was a fit father; however, that could have and obviously did change over the ensuing months. And I'm sure there are alot of witnesses who can attest to that.

OK you and many here just don't get it... since I was married to a person who cheated let me explain something to you people. NC is a no fault state... meaning infidelity weighs ZERO in custody cases. I know this for fact for I went through it. I have 50/50 physical custody of my boys and she was the unfaithful one. I assure you outside of having proof of being a bad parent. Cheating is not weighed in for child custody.

I'm just curious how long ago you were divorced in NC. I havebeen divored 18 years. In my separation and custody papers it states the reason for the dissolution of my marriage was Adultery committed by the husband. My ex siged the papers that way and I got sole custody of our daughter. he got visitation and paid me child support. I also had a right to alimony which I forfeited as long as he paid his child support on time.

The point I'm trying to make is laws change. Depending on how good your lawyer is MIGHT have something to do with it too.

I agree that the issue of NC's alleged cheating has nothing to do with the custody. OTOH, I don't think it was only mentioned out of spite. If it's true, the "other man" should be investigated, as well, right?

Also, I don't know all the laws about lawyers, but it does in some ways make sense that the divorce lawyer would be called as a witness. Would that be possible if she were also the lawyer in the case? The argument that this would go against the previous client's (NC's) wishes is ridiculous, though.

Very good point... that is another possible suspect and that is why its very relevant that she had an affair as well.

Don't kid yourself. These lawyers are verrryyy sneaky. He knew this document was going to be public record. He said what he said on purpose.

It sounds like the alleged affair was a looonnnnggg time ago, too! I doubt that it has anything to do with the price of tea in China.

This reminds me of all the cra* MG threw out when he started representing Scott Peterson. Just trying to see if anything will stick.

JMHO
fran

I'm just curious how long ago you were divorced in NC. I havebeen divored 18 years. In my separation and custody papers it states the reason for the dissolution of my marriage was Adultery committed by the husband. My ex siged the papers that way and I got sole custody of our daughter. he got visitatin and paid me child support. I also had a right to alimony which I forfeited as long as he paid his child support on time.

3 years ago. I assure you NC is a no fault and all that means nothing when it comes to custody or I would have went for full custody. Believe me I have plenty of evidence to the affair"S". So sadly one person can destroy a family as in my case. The thing that really was hard on me was that my boys nor I did a thing to ever be apart for one day!

Nancy may have said on March 10 that BC was a fit father; however, that could have and obviously did change over the ensuing months. And I'm sure there are alot of witnesses who can attest to that.

Thank goodness for that! You're absolutely right.

It's been stated that she got $$ from her family because he wouldn't give her any. I'm sure that can come up in court.

Being involved in a deposition, once though, I know how LIARS will skirt around that issue and make up some chit. Like, oh, I gave her money but she was spending alot on XYZ and I don't know why? She just went to them. She probably didn't want me to know,.blah, blah, blah......

But,........the fact of the matter is, the judge will see through any smoke screen. At least I hope so!

JMHO
fran

People have made big bucks in North Carolina over alienation of affection, not just the lawyers.

Also, a lawyer most certainly can be made to testify (at least in N. Carolina) as was the case in the Eric Miller case. I believe that's the Miller case listed in the filing (haven't verified that yet). In that case, one of the parties involved had committed suicide and his attorney did end up disclosing his client's information (under judge's order, of course).

3 years ago. I assure you NC is a no fault and all that means nothing when it comes to custody or I would have went for full custody. Believe me I have plenty of evidence to the affair"S". So sadly one person can destroy a family as in my case. The thing that really was hard on me was that my boys nor I did a thing to ever be apart for one day!

OT......sorry you were pained d99gr81......but, in the end, the other person will get there's. It's called KARMA.

fran

Don't kid yourself. These lawyers are verrryyy sneaky. He knew this document was going to be public record. He said what he said on purpose.

It sounds like the alleged affair was a looonnnnggg time ago, too! I doubt that it has anything to do with the price of tea in China.

This reminds me of all the cra* MG threw out when he started representing Scott Peterson. Just trying to see if anything will stick.

JMHO
fran

NO offense but you blow her affair off as if nothing. Yet you don't hear us say why it has just as much importance. As previously noted could be other motives and suspects to consider. So please keep an open mind. I know its hard to not fry him all ready like many others but thats what it takes to get to the truth is an open mind.

People have made big bucks in North Carolina over alienation of affection, not just the lawyers.

Also, a lawyer most certainly can be made to testify (at least in N. Carolina) as was the case in the Eric Miller case. I believe that's the Miller case listed in the filing (haven't verified that yet). In that case, one of the parties involved had committed suicide and his attorney did end up disclosing his client's information (under judge's order, of course).

Yeah, but IF BC disputes the bad stuff the attorney gathered about him, he can dispute that! at least I think so.

He only wants the warm fuzzy stuff revealed in court. Anything to make him look good!

I think I don't like Brad or his attorney!:mad:
fran

OT......sorry you were pained d99gr81......but, in the end, the other person will get there's. It's called KARMA.

fran

You know my Mother would say that but honestly I don't think it ever will. She was remarried for the third time 9 days after we signed our divorce papers. There was a time thats all i thought about was hoping she would get hers but I healed and I only care about my boys...honestly today I couldn't be happier.

NO offense but you blow her affair off as if nothing. Yet you don't hear us say why it has just as much importance. As previously noted could be other motives and suspects to consider. So please keep an open mind. I know its hard to not fry him all ready like many others but thats what it takes to get to the truth is an open mind.

LOL, oh, I WANT LE to check out the other person.

You know what they say when they're investigating. They investigate leads to ELIMINATE.

I don't want LE to leave any stone unturned.

But,............I've seen enough of these cases to know pretty well, where the roads are going to lead in the end.:rolleyes:

Just sayin'
fran

I'm so sorry for you....I hope you are dealing with it and that your sons have adjusted well. It's is difficult enough on a spouse but on children it even harder I believe. Luckily my daughter was only 1 1/2 when we divorced so her entire life she's always had a mommy house and a daddy house as she used to call them. I think I got so lucky because I had caught him so many times and then I went and hired the best child custody and divorce attorney in Wake County. Basically I bullied him into sole custondy plus the truth be known he didn't want her anyway because it interfered with his dating....and eventually marrying twice more.....

I hope that Bella and Katie can find some stability soon. Today is Katie's second birthday. I wonder if or when nancy's family will celebrate it....I know she's too young to remember it this year.

You know my Mother would say that but honestly I don't think it ever will. She was remarried for the third time 9 days after we signed our divorce papers. There was a time thats all i thought about was hoping she would get hers but I healed and I only care about my boys...honestly today I couldn't be happier.

Doncha' know that IS part of Karma!

You've healed and are HAPPY. :) That's the best revenge in the world!

Seriously,
fran

Oh my it sounds like we need to hook our ex's up - sounds like they deserve each other. :clap:

Doncha' know that IS part of Karma!

You've healed and are HAPPY. :) That's the best revenge in the world!

Seriously,
fran

Oh absolutely Fran - I couldn't agree more. That's pure KARMA, baby!!!

I'm so sorry for you....I hope you are dealing with it and that your sons have adjusted well. It's is difficult enough on a spouse but on children it even harder I believe. Luckily my daughter was only 1 1/2 when we divorced so her entire life she's always had a mommy house and a daddy house as she used to call them. I think I got so lucky because I had caught him so many times and then I went and hired the best child custody and divorce attorney in Wake County. Basically I bullied him into sole custondy plus the truth be known he didn't want her anyway because it interfered with his dating....and eventually marrying twice more.....

I hope that Bella and Katie can find some stability soon. Today is Katie's second birthday. I wonder if or when nancy's family will celebrate it....I know she's too young to remember it this year.

Well thank you. I would have been very happy if she didn't want them but sad for my kids. I would gladly take full custody but the fact is she is an OK mother just a horrible wife. Honestly I cant believe how well the have adjusted. My oldest is 7 and and my youngest is 4. they are such good boys and some how I was able to keep my issues with their mother separate from them and they are so well adjusted now. I did allot of reading at the time. Everything I read said NOT to say anything bad about their mother for they will just resent me for it. So as hard as it was and is some times till I don't. But one day when they are old enough if they ask me what happened I will not lie to them. well I am off work and have to go I will check in again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87