Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this it sounds as if Brad's attorney really does believe Brad to be innocent and expects that there is some kind of supporting evidence of that in the autopsy report. is that what you're thinking RC, or am I just brain dead again?

MY personal opinion - it is all bluster. No way that autopsy report is even close to being finished to start with and I bet the lawyer is aware of that as well. By yanking chains to get it it gives the appearance he gives a darn, (but not enough to have called to report her missing or to bother to tell her parents she was missing).

Think about it - how could that autopsy possibly help other than to confirm possible COD ? Tox would not be back yet - LE has ruled it homicide which IMO indicates that COd was something ascertainable without chemical testing to include blood and body fluids.

MY opinion - its a dog and pony show.

MY personal opinion - it is all bluster. No way that autopsy report is even close to being finished to start with and I bet the lawyer is aware of that as well. By yanking chains to get it it gives the appearance he gives a darn, (but not enough to have called to report her missing or to bother to tell her parents she was missing).

Think about it - how could that autopsy possibly help other than to confirm possible COD ? Tox would not be back yet - LE has ruled it homicide which IMO indicates that COd was something ascertainable without chemical testing to include blood and body fluids.

If he was involved in her death, he already KNOWS she wasn't coming home or being admitted to any hospital. Now there is so much he doesn't KNOW.

IMO BC wants to KNOW what the CPD KNOWs.

Perhaps he is squirming in his chair.

It has to be. I'm sitting here :waitasec: trying to figure out what in the world that autopsy report could posibly show that would clear Brad this soon. Or point to Brad for that matter.

The Canadian Broadcasting Co. reported Wednesday that an urn and photos of Cooper will be placed at the front of the church during the service.

So they had her cremated..I guess that had to? How sad, I mean, if that wasn't by choice.

The Canadian Broadcasting Co. reported Wednesday that an urn and photos of Cooper will be placed at the front of the church during the service.

So they had her cremated..I guess that had to? How sad, I mean, if that wasn't by choice.

:( A sad ending to a beautiful life. Or, should have been a beautiful life....:(

fran

Are you saying the family had to cremate her because of the damage done to her body (sorry to be so graphic). I wonder if they could not have had a closed casket ceremony if they didn't want to cremate her.

I can not for the life of me remember what Patti Porter did with Jessie for her funeral/memorial. Does anyone remember?

Are you saying the family had to cremate her because of the damage done to her body (sorry to be so graphic). I wonder if they could not have had a closed casket ceremony if they didn't want to cremate her.

I can not for the life of me remember what Patti Porter did with Jessie for her funeral/memorial. Does anyone remember?

I think when her body was found it was already blackening from exposure/decomp and I'm sure the odor had set in as well. There was probably no other way but cremation. That probably felt better to her family than leaving her body that way.

I'm on Brad's side.
I want to know the COD and everything else that autopsy shows.
The powers to be are trying my patience.

:smiliescale:

OK wait a second. Many of you yesterday swore up and down and bet the farm that there was no way he would fight for custody. Now that he does its because he wants to know what they have? I'm sorry but thats seriously stretching. I am very surprised by the request to release the autopsy. This is why I reserve passing judgment on someone with out hard facts. That is not something a guilty person does. Honestly I hope he didn't do it and many have to eat crow but I only say the because I really hope he didn't do it for the girls sakes. He is fighting for his babies and he just did something I would never have thought a guilty person would do.

I think when her body was found it was already blackening from exposure/decomp and I'm sure the odor had set in as well. There was probably no other way but cremation. That probably felt better to her family than leaving her body that way.

You're right and I recall that Jessie was badly burned by BC - I'm sure Nancy's family had no choice.....

Oh my, have you read the motion to disqualify Alice Stubbs? http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3257372/Motion_to_disqualify.pdf

Thoughts?

From what I read earlier, it's my understanding that on one hand they want her disqualified because she previously represented the victim and has inside information she should not have.....................on the other hand, they want this information to use as a defense.

So, he wants his cake (information) and eat it too(disqualify the information from the other side by disqualifying the attorney of record)

Colore me
:confused::confused::confused:
fran

In #13, did they forget to cross our Ms. Meteor.

This is HUGE...someone's head is gonna roll!
I'm very new at this and certainly not well versed in law, but the motion to disqualify seems like a good argument--among other things.

Did you read #15??? Heather is already involved in an Alienation of Affection suit now??? Did I read that rigth?????

OK wait a second. Many of you yesterday swore up and down and bet the farm that there was no way he would fight for custody. Now that he does its because he wants to know what they have? I'm sorry but thats seriously stretching. I am very surprised by the request to release the autopsy. This is why I reserve passing judgment on someone with out hard facts. That is not something a guilty person does. Honestly I hope he didn't do it and many have to eat crow but I only say the because I really hope he didn't do it for the girls sakes. He is fighting for his babies and he just did something I would never have thought a guilty person would do.

Once lawyers get involved the only reason they do things is to forward their client's cause so I don't put any kind of interpretation on this move. It's all a game to them.

Ok, wait, I think I get it after reading further.

So...........he wants Nancy's attorney disqualified because she knows the 'dirt' on ole Brad. She MAY be called as a witness to testify about stuff that isn't disputed, ie he's a fit parent (part of her divorce info), eventhough it's basically privileged, IF it's not disputed she can testify to it.

Am I getting this right?

On the other hand, she knows the dirt, and since he'd most likely contest that part, she couldn't testify about that because it's privileged. He want's to insure that she doesn't use the 'dirt' knowlege against his client but anything good said about him by her late client, he wants that brought out.

Ok, I get it. Double Lawyer Speak.................Skirt around the bad behavior of the client and only tell the good things. Hide behind the law.

gotcha!
I think
:rolleyes:
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics