Nancy Garrido - thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They wouldnt need to do that, they could just claim that she arrived at the Garridos sometime in the 18 years after the kidnapping. They wouldnt need to prove when, they could just say (for example) that they found her on the highway 5 years after the kidnapping, and if there is no evidence to the contary the court would have to accept that. The prosecution are the ones who need to prove that it was directly after and as a result of the kidnapping, or they will not convict on that charge. That is why the testimony is crucial.

I'm happy she has a top notch law firm representing her & the good news is Her Lawyer has already stated she will testify in court if it makes it to court it will be a few years.(I have not quoted him word for word)
We can all take a big sigh of relief that this prosecution team will win in court.

I'm Repeating my own Quote. As it makes me happy to know this fact.

I just felt the need to state my opinion again.
I do feel a discussion can be useful on debating Prosecution vs Defense using the facts in each unique case.
The the fact in this case is Prosecution has stated she will give her testimony when needed.
You seem to make your final point clear that you say testimony is needed.
The lawyer has addressed that already. Does this not satisfy you.

Therefore why bother with all sorts of defense ideas that I feel are insulting towards the victims in this case and not necessary to put out into the universe?
Let the defense in this case come up with their own creepy defense ideas.

The witness in this case will make mince meat out of the defendants just like Elizabeth Smart has done in her case.

That is hopefully my final :twocents: worth.
Janice

I'm happy she has a top notch law firm representing her & the good news is Her Lawyer has already stated she will testify in court if it makes it to court it will be a few years.(I have not quoted him word for word)
We can all take a big sigh of relief that this prosecution team will win in court.

I do feel a discussion can be useful on debating Prosecution vs Defense using the facts in each unique case.
The the fact in this case is Prosecution has stated she will give her testimony when needed.

Therefore why bother with all sorts of defense ideas that I feel are insulting towards the victims in this case and not necessary to put out into the universe?

The witness in this case will make mince meat out of the defendants just like Elizabeth Smart has done in her case.

Janice

Thank you...You said it much better then I have.
I was just so baffled by some posts that I don't even know why I bothered to answer.
Hopefully they wont play the "I am right card" LOL and will stop the insanity.:crazy:

I e-mailed her lawyer and he sounds like a very caring man. And he IS a great attorney.
His last line in his reply was "I promise to do my very very best".
I totally teared up from joy.

My :twocents:worth and the END :)

the parole violations should keep him in prison for good as it is
but knowing these bafoons a clerical error will probably let him out :(

I think you should bite your tongue. HE IS TOAST.
and yes they are bafoons.

Janice

I'm not the one who started the discussion that Jaycee shouldn't have to testify or wouldn't testify. But yes, I responded to the discussion. And yes, I pointed out that if Jaycee did not testify, there would very likely not be a conviction and that anything could be said in court about her without her testimony, if the prosecution attempted to pursue the charges without her testimony.

As I have said before and will say again I believe that Jaycee won't have a choice but to testify.

YES the only DNA relevant is The girls and they have to take JC and PG to establish that.
Unless grabbed the girls off the street too and told JC she had given birth while sleeping. :hand: NOT!
no my computer is not having a glitch....I actualy dont know how to reply to 1/2 of this fantacy.

As far as the argument about maybe Angel was not a result of rape. only Starlet Pleeeeezzz.:hand: :doh:

JC was detained at his compound. Not free to leave. Let us just start there...the rest about her second child not being a result of rape ...
I will not even dignify that statement at all. I find it to be insulting to JC.

Without Jaycee's testimony, how do you prove those statements? I have shown how you defend against them (which made everyone angry), but prove them. Was it forcible rape, or statuatory rape? Big difference in the sentencing on that. Was it kidnapping or assisting a runaway? Was she forced to stay with the G's or was she with them voluntarily?

Only Jaycee can answer those questions.

Remember in court nothing is taken for granted. Prosecution must prove everything. All the defense has to do is to offer an alternate explanation and if no one disputes it, then it stands. If Jaycee isn't there, then no one else can dispute it. (Unless NG should agree to testify against PG.)

Thank you...You said it much better then I have.
I was just so baffled by some posts that I don't even know why I bothered to answer.
Hopefully they wont play the "I am right card" LOL and will stop the insanity.:crazy:

I e-mailed her lawyer and he sounds like a very caring man. And he IS a great attorney.

First you accuse me of an illegal act, now I am insane because I don't respond to your posts in a way you like?

Without Jaycee's testimony, how do you prove those statements? I have shown how you defend against them (which made everyone angry), but prove them. Was it forcible rape, or statuatory rape? Big difference in the sentencing on that. Was it kidnapping or assisting a runaway? Was she forced to stay with the G's or was she with them voluntarily?

Remember in court nothing is taken for granted. Prosecution must prove everything. All the defense has to do is to offer an alternate explanation and if no one disputes it, then it stands. If Jaycee isn't there, then no one else can dispute it. (Unless NG should agree to testify against PG.)

I refuse to dignify this post.
JC was Kidnapped and raped - end of story.

First you accuse me of an illegal act, now I am insane because I don't respond to your posts in a way you like?

I never accused you of any illegal act :crazy:
NOT EVER. :banghead:
MAYBE you noticed - you are not the only one writing in ways that baffle me.
Have fun,
I have dignified some posts against my better judgment in the hope to stand up for JC.
My reply to JusticeForVictims had -0- to do with you as she was conversing with someone else.
But my post included all who baffle me.
Not everything in the world is about you. NOP it is not.

Now I am done.

I'm not the one who started the discussion that Jaycee shouldn't have to testify or wouldn't testify. But yes, I responded to the discussion. And yes, I pointed out that if Jaycee did not testify, there would very likely not be a conviction and that anything could be said in court about her without her testimony, if the prosecution attempted to pursue the charges without her testimony.

As I have said before and will say again I believe that Jaycee won't have a choice but to testify.

Conviction can and do happen with out testifying. Not much, but they do happen.
She may and most likely will but maybe won't testify. The SOB is not coming out of jail again.
:woohoo:
<<THE END>>

(Unless NG should agree to testify against PG.)

Can somebody who knows and understands the law please explain, referring to the California Penal Code, the difference between forcible and statutory rape? (Please, if possible, refer to the exact charges against Philip and Nancy Garrido, which are found in a link in the thread about the charges.) Thank you.

I just got home from a refreshing Autumn walk, it is a nice time of year.

I'm just giving you a heads-up that mypost#162 was response to post#155
by someone else. I thought my reply to you last night was all we needed.
Today I believe my reply to post #155 and now to you is that I am not
comfortable debating Prosecution vs Defense in this case.
I gather I'm not alone on this..
Maybe I would on a case that involves a crime that didn't last 18 years.
However I am very sensitive to the feelings of Jaycee, & all her Family.
There is a chance some of them might be reading the comments.

I will repeat that the Lawyer said she is going to testify.

Just like you have repeated that she needs to testify to prove herself.

No one has to give a detailed explanation or debate on all the personal, private, details on the attacks made against Jaycee over the years
to prove a guilty verdict or give details on a defense against the pedophiles.
We don't have to debate or explain or prove to each other this or that on this case.

This blog is titled Nancy.
I didn't see a title on the blog called lets have a ruthless debate on pros & cons of Prosecution and Defense in the J.D. vs P&N G's case.

So my vote is to take all our energy and focus it on a topic less hurtful to all the victims.
AS we all agree we all feel bad and want the best outcome for Jaycee.

Thank you...

I e-mailed her lawyer and he sounds like a very caring man.
And he IS a great attorney.

Sending an email to Jaycee's Lawyer was a really nice thing to do.
I'm sure He appreciates all the kind supporters.
That is a touching reply from him. I am confident He will do his best & more.

.:angel:

What runway? Her step father witnessed JC being abducted.
If JC doesn't say a word, there is still her step father as a witness. He saw a man, a woman, was able to provide description of a woman for a composite, and described the car. So, I ask you again, what runway can you possibly talk about?

I just got home from a refreshing Autumn walk, it is a nice time of year.

I'm just giving you a heads-up that mypost#162 was response to post#155
by someone else. I thought my reply to you last night was all we needed.
Today I believe my reply to post #155 and now to you is that I am not
comfortable debating Prosecution vs Defense in this case.
I gather I'm not alone on this..
Maybe I would on a case that involves a crime that didn't last 18 years.
However I am very sensitive to the feelings of Jaycee, & all her Family.
There is a chance some of them might be reading the comments.

I will repeat that the Lawyer said she is going to testify.

Just like you have repeated that she needs to testify to prove herself.

No one has to give a detailed explanation or debate on all the personal, private, details on the attacks made against Jaycee over the years
to prove a guilty verdict or give details on a defense against the pedophiles.
We don't have to debate or explain or prove to each other this or that on this case.

This blog is titled Nancy.
I didn't see a title on the blog called lets have a ruthless debate on pros & cons of Prosecution and Defense in the J.D. vs P&N G's case.

So my vote is to take all our energy and focus it on a topic less hurtful to all the victims.
AS we all agree we all feel bad and want the best outcome for Jaycee.
GREAT POST :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But I have one heads up for you LOL
God did not create us all equal - even though we want to think that he did.
some are pretier, some are smarter, and some are more sensitive to others.
I think it is our job to not qualify, or dignify the type of posts that would be
an insult to JC or her family. That includes people who take up for JCs bio Dad,
or for PG or anything else that is in part fantasy or misdirected.
I am guilty for having done in too...But I will try hard to refrain. ;)

And in the voice of the "Golden Girls" :) lol
I imagine JC said ......
thank you for being a friend.... :blowkiss:

Can somebody who knows and understands the law please explain, referring to the California Penal Code, the difference between forcible and statutory rape? (Please, if possible, refer to the exact charges against Philip and Nancy Garrido, which are found in a link in the thread about the charges.) Thank you.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_statutory_rape_and_forcible_rape

Statutory rape occurs when the victim is automatically considered incapable of giving legal consent by a pre-defined set of legal criteria. In North America this mainly refers to a person being too young to be able to intelligently consent to sex. No force or other coercion is required for Statutory Rape to apply.
Forcible - would be someone of age.

Maybe someone else can offer up the exact charges against PG, but I think there will be more coming so it may not have yet been released.

I have a very strong feeling this case will change some laws.
I have a very strong feeling that this case will be governed by its own merits.

I do not believe we have a case on the books in the US where someone turned up alive
with kids after many years.

I know we had one in Stockholm - that poor woman is still hunted by her life or lack of it.

They should put those animals to sleep because in essence they did take a life
of a young girl - her life as it should have been.
In essence they did not give her a chance to live as we all know it.
In essence she was a prisoner without having needed to be punished.

There should be a law that puts these SOB's to sleep.

YAP the law as we know it is ineffective for this very special case.
JC had touched the hearts of the world he is never walking.
and hope that anyone like him will never walk again too.

I have a very strong feeling this case will change some laws.
I have a very strong feeling that this case will be governed by its own merits.

I do not believe we have a case on the books in the US where someone turned up alive with kids after many years.

I know we had one in Stockholm - that poor woman is still hunted by her life or lack of it.

They should put those animals to sleep because in essence they did take a life of a young girl - her life as it should have been.
In essence they did not give her a chance to live as we all know it.
In essence she was a prisoner without having needed to be punished.

There should be a law that puts them these SOB's to sleep.

YAP the law as we know it is ineffective for this very special case.
JC had touched the hearts of the world he is never walking.
and hope that anyone like him will never wal again too.

the case in stockholm had the added horror that it was her family itself that was doing it to her. (her mom couldnt possibly be that stupid).
at least her jaycee has the chance at a real life with her family that loves her behind her.
but i agree a 100 percent that monsters like this should never walk again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back