Nancy Garrido - thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nancy Garrido's Attorney Reinstated

An appellate court reinstated attorney Gilbert Maines Tuesday as Garrido's lawyer.

Maines was removed as her attorney last month.

A judge ruled that Maines had talked to people outside the court about the case.

He filed an appeal, and on Tuesday, the 3rd District Court of Appeal in Sacramento ruled the trial court must reinstate Maines or explain why he shouldn't be on the case.

http://www.kcra.com/news/21977101/detail.html

Does anyone agree with me that this lawyer may not be the brightest crayon in the box?? Sheesh! I hope he represents her well and there is not cause for a mistrial. This needs to be handled correctly the first time!

She was a 14 year old girl. She wasn't an adult, there were a multitude of charges that could have been laid against him. The culture of the time (and I dispute you on that when it comes to children) is irrelevant, that case didn't proceed because the witness wouldn't testify and consequently the case couldn't be proven. If she had testified (and it sounds like there was ample corroboration) he very likely would have seen significant jail time. Nothing has changed in the intervening time from that point of view, if there is no testimony, most of the charges would have to be dropped.

Natal:

You are not female

You were not raised in CA during that time period of "free love" in San Francisco and Height Ashbury. This also included an attitude of "getting what you deserved", if you seemed to be a willing victim at the beginning of an incident.

I am doubtful that you are a rape survivor that had to go through the feelings, emotions, guilt etc. that this 14 year old girl went through.

I did, have and can understand her unwillingness to testify 100%.. Laws have changed, from spousal abuse, child abuse, stalking and rape in great and even profound ways. This VICTIM has had to live with this for many years. Again, the only relation to Jaycees case is that the same person is guilty of rape. The other circumstances, as well as the victim are VERY different.

I am sure the guilt she has felt over refusing to testify has haunted her since Jaycees discovery.

Does anyone agree with me that this lawyer may not be the brightest crayon in the box?? Sheesh! I hope he represents her well and there is not cause for a mistrial. This needs to be handled correctly the first time!

Natal:

You are not female

You were not raised in CA during that time period of "free love" in San Francisco and Height Ashbury. This also included an attitude of "getting what you deserved", if you seemed to be a willing victim at the beginning of an incident.

I am doubtful that you are a rape survivor that had to go through the feelings, emotions, guilt etc. that this 14 year old girl went through.

I did, have and can understand her unwillingness to testify 100%.. Laws have changed, from spousal abuse, child abuse, stalking and rape in great and even profound ways. This VICTIM has had to live with this for many years. Again, the only relation to Jaycees case is that the same person is guilty of rape. The other circumstances, as well as the victim are VERY different.

I am sure the guilt she has felt over refusing to testify has haunted her since Jaycees discovery.

possibly even since katie was attacked it's haunted her.

This detail is what was new for me.:sick::sick::sick: Now we know for sure why Nancy has been charged with rape- she was no wallflower doing Philip's bidding because she lived in fear of him! I think this destroys that defense for her!

no no linas.......it was the drugs.
that's there new ridiculous defense strategy :furious:

You know what frosts me is that article with cbs news where "informers" say that PG plied NG with drugs but that the tent camp was not as bad as reported because they had electricity and a computer.

As if a computer and an obsolete map make up for being ripped from her family, forced to endure painful and repeated sexual abuse and torment from an old stinky (from the meth) stranger(s), and days and days alone with no friends, only her two abusing kidnappers and that old lady for company. Oh yes, thanks for the computer guys. That makes everything hunky dory.

You know what frosts me is that article with cbs news where "informers" say that PG plied NG with drugs but that the tent camp was not as bad as reported because they had electricity and a computer.

As if a computer and an obsolete map make up for being ripped from her family, forced to endure painful and repeated sexual abuse and torment from an old stinky (from the meth) stranger(s), and days and days alone with no friends, only her two abusing kidnappers and that old lady for company. Oh yes, thanks for the computer guys. That makes everything hunky dory.

what do you expect from a pig but a grunt.
this is typical of the people living right next to him or who knew him.......either try to blame jaycee for her own situation or try to make it seem like garrido isnt a monster........because it relieves there own guilt for not doing anything. look how molino was defending him in the immediate hours after this was discovered.
besides, electricity in the tent doesnt make up for the fact that they still were exposed to the elements, or to lice and other critters.

Playing devil's advocate here: Since PG is their bio father (a DNA test will prove this but others have said he has a resemblance to them and JC confirms it) and since we don't KNOW under what circumstances they lived (did they live outdoors, sleep with him, etc) isn't there a chance that the courts could theoretically allow him visitation, or even demand that their mother (JC) make them visit with him?

I was reading the blog of someone here's daughter (I forget her name) and she was a survivor of spousal rape and abuse and the courts said that she had to allow her children to have visitation with the father, even though he had been convicted of assaulting the mom and had served time for it. So what if these "brilliant" LE types decide that PG should be allowed visitation with his children and then the courts have to enforce it??

As far as the 2 girls know, maybe this is how they think a normal family lives. Maybe they don't see it as wrong as we do? Maybe they even want to see their parents again (and by parents, I mean the people that they assumed were their parents -- PG and NG). Of course, JC knew the situation was wrong and so did PG and NG, but this is all the girls knew....

Just food for thought! Of course I think PG and NG are evil scum, but I'm just trying to look at this from the point of view of the law and the rights of bio fathers.

JULIE

JulieNMM I think this case is very unique in itself.
PG is not only a rapist and kidnapper but he alluded/evaded LE for 18 years...He is a con man too.
They know by now that they do have a monster in lock up.

While JC has grown in years and is 29 now, she had a limited amount of maturing in that back hovel. Doubt she can be considered "adult" as we know it. (remains to be seen)
In addition - I think with enough therapy time, and awareness of how this had effected her REAL family;
doubt she will cause her real family a reason to get horrified again.
The thought of the girls seeing the monster makes me shudder, I imagine it makes Terry's guts twist.
JC's Children are 4 ever triggers that can bring back memories of the abuse she had known for 18 years. (no escaping that)
ONE VISIT with SOB is capable of taking her progress into triggering tail spin set back. That is far to much to risk.
I do not believe they will let her see him for many years.

This case is unique...
I hope the girls are told that he can not be seen for the unforeseeable future....
I hope they are learning (just enough) about the terror JC had to endure, and are receiving so much goodness, and love that will make them go forward without looking back.

I do not think the "G"s will ever get any LEGAL consideration for visitation rights. I think the Law will be considering JC's recovery most of all.
JMO

I don't think any social worker or therapist would recommend that the girls go visit the two rapist abductors in jail. Jaycee's mother surely would never set foot to take them there either. Something like that would cause the whole family even more problems and confusion. The girls were taken away from the Garridos in a much much worse way than when CPS takes kids away due to neglect, so they have no chance of seeing them again, so no reason to be visiting in jail.

GREAT POST :woohoo:

i cannot believe any court would be so cruel to force jayce to take her kids to see this sick freak.......
he is a child rapist for pete's sake, and the victim is there own mother.

This detail is what was new for me.:sick::sick::sick: Now we know for sure why Nancy has been charged with rape- she was no wallflower doing Philip's bidding because she lived in fear of him! I think this destroys that defense for her!
Yes I read it for the first time and I did shudder...
I thought she was definitely a bad seed for taking JC and allowing her to live in the hovel for so long,
knowing she was being repeatedly raped :furious:
But this really turned my stomach. .:sick::sick::sick::crazy::crazy::crazy:
Poor JC..... God only knows what it has done to her.
She learned about sex from two deviants....That is so sad. :(
Nancy was correctly charged.

Songline - replis in green.

YES...
but he needs to be watched ..I do not trust him, and I cant tell you why...

Natal:

You are not female

Also the stigma of "rape" at that time, meant a whole different thing..I think that many could not handle the public shame that came with it...But today we call them HEROS when they come forward - huge difference in the times we now live in.

GREAT POST :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you Songline. I do not trust anyone who has a gag order against them, that refuses to honor it by talking in public, to and in front of several people. I find it hard to believe the judge reinstated him!

The fact that this man is a court appointed official and still defied the judge should mean that he is punished, not reinstated. I can't imagine that the sealed affidavits were lies, as they were sworn statements and these people could be accountable for their statements. The whole thing stinks!

Thank you Songline. I do not trust anyone who has a gag order against them, that refuses to honor it by talking in public, to and in front of several people. I find it hard to believe the judge reinstated him!

The fact that this man is a court appointed official and still defied the judge should mean that he is punished, not reinstated. I can't imagine that the sealed affidavits were lies, as they were sworn statements and these people could be accountable for their statements. The whole thing stinks!
I cant believe he was either....but supposedly he claims he did not talk about the case only that
he has the case, which was already public knowledge.
I cant get it in my little head why he fought to be re-instated. Why would he want to defend her.?
Face time....Great PR.

I KNOW everyone deserves fair representation, "defence of Nancy" but fighting to keep that kind
of a client leaves me with more questions then answers. :sick:

Seems we are all talking about Nancy way too long IMHO because not much is coming out.
I'd love to hear more about what may be going on with LE there, the investigations of more
missing women and the 2 little girls.

In the current NE so there is no link at all yet.

JC Kidnapper is loosing control of his Brainwashed wife

Losing Control of Nancy seems to worry PG immensely, because he writes to her daily and she has stopped replying.
His letters are mostly religious, about how god put him in this position, and how God healed him of his sexual problem, and how God will get them out of this and how he will tell them in court that she is innocent :rolleyes::rolleyes:
And Nancy is totally ignoring him :snooty:
He is freaking out and thinks that she is going to throw him under the bus...He thinks she has a crush on her appointed attorney because she looks at him when he speaks and she does not look up at PG in court.
PG is blaming Mannis for turning his wife against him.

Maybe if she had ignored him before 1991 He would not need to write these ridiculous letters.

NG is only doing what her lawyers tell her to do so that she can try to work out a deal to avoid LWOP IMO.

PG should be put in general population so that he can try to "cure" other sexual predators like he claims to be able to do...

NG is only doing what her lawyers tell her to do so that she can try to work out a deal to avoid LWOP IMO.

PG should be put in general population so that he can try to "cure" other sexual predators like he claims to be able to do...
:eek: that is pretty funny...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

good plan though.....

Natal:

You are not female

I wasn't raised in SF, but I was a teenager in the 70s, and if that had been my sister, you can be DAM sure we would have done something about it one way or another. Something like that happening to a 14 year old would NOT have been tolerated.

I don't doubt that the victim walked away because she didn't want to go through a trial (she obviously did that), what I question is your implication that she walked away because the system wouldn't do anything about it, for which there is no evidence at all. The charges couldn't be pressed because she walked away, not because the system wouldn't press them. That commonly happens today just as it did back then.

In the current NE so there is no link at all yet.

JC Kidnapper is loosing control of his Brainwashed wife

Losing Control of Nancy seems to worry PG immensely, because he writes to her daily and she has stopped replying.
His letters are mostly religious, about how god put him in this position, and how God healed him of his sexual problem, and how God will get them out of this and how he will tell them in court that she is innocent :rolleyes::rolleyes:
And Nancy is totally ignoring him :snooty:
He is freaking out and thinks that she is going to throw him under the bus...He thinks she has a crush on her appointed attorney because she looks at him when he speaks and she does not look up at PG in court.
PG is blaming Mannis for turning his wife against him.

Maybe if she had ignored him before 1991 He would not need to write these ridiculous letters.

The "insider" must be quite special, since they apparently "know" what both Garrido's are doing/saying/thinking, even though they are being held separately and have separate lawyers!

The "insider" must be quite special, since they apparently "know" what both Garrido's are doing/saying/thinking, even though they are being held separately and have separate lawyers!

But PG has reached journalists before, and gave interview,,,He can write letters to anyone he wants, I can see that he'd be concerned that Nancy cover his butt.
And I would read any tabloid :crazy: with more interest then reading the way you think.....But that is just me.

Happy holidays everyone. It is freezing here in California. Bet Jaycee and the girls are glad to be in a warm house. Now on to my thought. It has been reported somewhere that NG is having visitors (probably her brothers) but PG has not had any visitors. So I would definitely take it with a grain of salt the article from the NE. They make big headlines then have undisclosed "informers". IMHO PG is way to into himself to worry about losing control over NG or even JG. IMHO he would think it just not possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back