Nancy Garrido - thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interestingly, last night, Tuesday 12/29, Inside Edition ran the exact same story with NG's brothers on it, both of them saying that they felt Nancy was at fault, but a VICTIM of PG. I found it really interesting that they ran the same clip again. Why?? They didn't even refer to it as an older previously shown clip, so when it came up I thought it might be something new.....it wasn't. This makes me really wonder why they aired it again. Did NG's attorney "pay for air time"? Why would they do that? Any ideas out there?

Interestingly, last night, Tuesday 12/29, Inside Edition ran the exact same story with NG's brothers on it, both of them saying that they felt Nancy was at fault, but a VICTIM of PG. I found it really interesting that they ran the same clip again. Why?? They didn't even refer to it as an older previously shown clip, so when it came up I thought it might be something new.....it wasn't. This makes me really wonder why they aired it again. Did NG's attorney "pay for air time"? Why would they do that? Any ideas out there?

shows like inside edition sometimes just run re-runs, so i wouldnt make too much of it.

The "insider" must be quite special, since they apparently "know" what both Garrido's are doing/saying/thinking, even though they are being held separately and have separate lawyers!
I have not seen the insider in at least a year. so I have no idea what they say.
I do know that PG writes letters to Nancy, I am sure they are read by someone.

Nancy Garrido's Representation In Limbo
There's an update on the legal battle to represent Nancy Garrido in the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping case.

In the past two months -- Nancy Garrido's attorney, Gilbert Maines, was pulled off the case and then put back on it.
http://www.kcra.com/news/22093581/detail.html

I would not care if there was just a sentence with no court circus....:D

NG really needs another attorney so that she can't use this controversy as a reason to appeal her sentence.

Why can't the prosecutor or judge arrange for another public defender to take the case to avoid ANY controversy?

Re-running it doesn't surprise me, but treating it like "new story" did. Hmmmm?

thing is it was a "newstory' when it happened. back then anything jaycee related was a hot item......so if they are re running it now, they most likely arent gonna put a disclaimer next to it saying 'by the way, this is 4 months old".

NG really needs another attorney so that she can't use this controversy as a reason to appeal her sentence.

Why can't the prosecutor or judge arrange for another public defender to take the case to avoid ANY controversy?

this judge got off on the wrong foot when he praised the parole morons as "heroes' for uncovering garrido's 'lies'. sigh.
if nancy walks on a tehnicality it will just reinforce my low opinion of our so called justice system.

was just posted about an hour or so ago in media links that maines is off the case again.

seems they are giving satans' bride appeal possibilites years before a trial even begins.........
sigh

I don't believe this attorney fiasco would be a matter for declaring a mistrial or to request an appeal on the verdict. It is not like she is paying for the attorney. She didn't select either attorney, because both were court appointed. We, the taxpayers, are footing her attorney fees. So she really is not "close" to either. I doubt there is any "trust bond" established. And since the trial has not yet begun, there is nothing to appeal.

On a different matter, while taking my walk I had a thought. (Nothing much else to do when walking right). Anyway, she has not requested bail. My thought is she probably didn't request it because 1. how would she pay for it, and 2. if she did post bail, where would she go and how would she care for herself. Where she was living has been condemned. She has no means, it appears, of support. Granny now in a care home so no more granny's social security checks. She is not allowed to leave the area. I don't believe her family lives in the area. So she sits in jail with a roof over her head and food in her stomach, safe from all the other inmates again at the taxpayers expense. What a real leach on society.

Associated Press
Posted: 01/07/2010 06:50:45 PM PST
Updated: 01/08/2010 08:44:54 AM PST
The lawyer seeking to represent one of Jaycee Dugard's accused kidnappers has been again removed from the case.
Gilbert Maines has been fighting to keep his job as Nancy Garrido's court-appointed defense lawyer since last fall, when he was fired by El Dorado Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimster over conflict-of-interest allegations. He won a reprieve last month when an appeals court ordered Phimster to either reinstate Maines or provide more evidence showing why he should be kept off the case.
But in an order Thursday, the Sacramento appellate court vacated its order. The court said its earlier judgment was made moot by new evidence presented to the El Dorado judge. That evidence has been sealed.
Maines told the Sacramento Bee he may appeal if Garrido wants him to keep trying to stay on the case.

more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_14144854

I don't believe this attorney fiasco would be a matter for declaring a mistrial or to request an appeal on the verdict. It is not like she is paying for the attorney. She didn't select either attorney, because both were court appointed. We, the taxpayers, are footing her attorney fees. So she really is not "close" to either. I doubt there is any "trust bond" established. And since the trial has not yet begun, there is nothing to appeal.

On a different matter, while taking my walk I had a thought. (Nothing much else to do when walking right). Anyway, she has not requested bail. My thought is she probably didn't request it because 1. how would she pay for it, and 2. if she did post bail, where would she go and how would she care for herself. Where she was living has been condemned. She has no means, it appears, of support. Granny now in a care home so no more granny's social security checks. She is not allowed to leave the area. I don't believe her family lives in the area. So she sits in jail with a roof over her head and food in her stomach, safe from all the other inmates again at the taxpayers expense. What a real leach on society.

jazz as someone with experience on the matter....trust me when i say public defender incomptence is always an appealable point. and public defender biases is even more appealable.
as for bail, neither of these freaks should have been given bail in the first place, i dont care how high. the judge thinks it's ok to let them have any should let them move in with his kids.......

Former Nancy Garrido lawyer to appeal his ouster

Say what you will about Gilbert Maines -- and plenty of people have, recently -- but no one can say he's not a fighter.

The embattled former attorney for Nancy Garrido plans to return to court today in yet another bid to get back on the case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maines has spent more time fighting to stay on the case than the lawyers involved have spent in court discussing the substance of the actual kidnapping, rape and conspiracy charges facing the Garridos.

Maines can't contact Garrido directly in the El Dorado County jJail while waging his battle, because technically he no longer represents her. Instead, he has had to work through the interim attorney appointed by Phimister - Stephen Tapson.

Maines said he has obtained a new declaration from Garrido indicating she wants Maines as her lawyer. That material will be filed todaytues along with other points Maines will argue. He said he will ask that his filing be sealed because the judge so far has kept the other proceedings in this fight under seal.

Maines said his latest appeal will focus on the basic question of whether a client can be denied the attorney she wants.

"The issue is: Can the court remove appointed counsel at any time it wants to for any reason it wants?" Maines said. "My client says she doesn't see that I've done anything wrong, and she wants her lawyer back."

The Garridos' next court hearing is scheduled for Thursday and likely cannot proceed without the attorney issue settled.

If Maines loses his appeal in Superior Court, he will proceed to the 3rd District appellate court, he said. Meanwhile, he intends to be in court Thursday along with Nancy Garrido's current interim attorney.

http://www.sacbee.com/crime/story/2472568.html

What is up with this dude? :crazy:

whatever is going on, it just means more and more delays.
jaycee might be 40 by the time this gets to trial.

whatever is going on, it just means more and more delays.
jaycee might be 40 by the time this gets to trial.
Yeah, why is this guy so heavily invested in this trial/Nancy Garrido that he'd appeal it to the 3rd District Court???:waitasec: Is she his only client? Makes you wonder.

He is probably wanting the book deal (the one he was bragging about that got him kicked off in the first place.):twocents:

Yeah, why is this guy so heavily invested in this trial/Nancy Garrido that he'd appeal it to the 3rd District Court???:waitasec: Is she his only client? Makes you wonder.

I think he wants the fame (more infamous) and then the money that will come from book deals and other high profile cases if he manages to get NG out of serving life. Anything less than LWOP for NG is a victory for the defense and he probably thinks he can get a deal and victory for himself at JC and societies expense... :tsktsk:

Something about this guy, but it has nothing to do with doing the right thing. :( He may want some attention in the hopes that he may give his career a boost of some kind. But do not trust him.

Bay City News Service
Posted: 01/21/2010 12:53:26 PM PST
Updated: 01/21/2010 12:53:27 PM PST

PLACERVILLE — Phillip and Nancy Garrido are scheduled to appear in El Dorado County Superior Court this afternoon to set a date for a preliminary hearing, according to the El Dorado County District Attorney's Office.
The Garridos have both pleaded not guilty to 29 felony charges, including kidnapping, forcible rape and false imprisonment, in connection with the kidnapping of Jaycee Dugard.
The couple allegedly snatched Dugard, who was 11 at the time, on the morning of June 10, 1991, as she waited for a school bus near her South Lake Tahoe home, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office.
Dugard, now 29, is believed to have been held captive for 18 years in a series of makeshift sheds and tents in the backyard of the Garridos' home on Walnut Avenue in unincorporated Contra Costa County just outside of Antioch.
While living on the property, Dugard gave birth to two daughters allegedly fathered by Phillip Garrido.
Prosecutor Bill Clark said today that his office is ready to set a date for a preliminary hearing, but that he believed the defense would ask the judge to further delay the hearing.
The district attorney's office does not plan to offer either defendant a plea deal in the case, Clark said.
Today's hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_14239868?nclick_check=1

I was at the hearing today. Maines is still removed as Nancy's attorney but is continuing to appeal. Nancy's was switched from "no bail" to $20,000,00 bail - good luck on that, Nanc. Next hearing is March 25.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffhvcbcat
Back