Nancy Grace - 10/15/08 - Wednesday

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let the man run on............he is not really qualified as an expert anyway. His lab he talks so highly of is not even certified for LE purposes. I want him to work for the defense.

KC's defense team can do anything they like as long as she gets a fair trial that won't be overturned on appeal.

NG"s INTERRUPTIONS

After years of doing trials, quite often, as in it is not uncommon,for veteran trial attorneys to constantly interrupt people even though they are not doing a trial and not in a Courtroom. It is from the years of sitting there, with the adrenaline overflowing, with the battle to the death for victory, and with the word OBJECTION which has to be mentally formulated instantly..in a split second...as a witness testifies. Counsel must immediately INTERRUPT the speaker with that one word OBJECTION.
If counsel paused to try to figure out if it is or isn't an objection and on what grounds the objection should be based....then OOOOPS, it is now too late to do the objection as 3 more questions have been asked and answered while counsel was pondering whether or not to object.

Lawyers doing a trial under the wing of one with more experience, will lean over and ask, "Should I object." That is a mistake as it is now too late to object.
Things which violate the rules of evidence and hurt your side of the case, must be kept out of the trial. Meanwhile, the lawyer who has a split second to interrupt by objecting also must consider, in a flash.....should I let this evidence come in even though I could object on such and such grounds...because it doesn't hurt my side, in fact it helps???

Thus the objection, i.e. the interruption can only succeed if it becomes second nature--almost instinctive. And it must be an instantaneous INTERRUPTION of the individual who is talking/testifying.

This creates "trial lawyer interruptus"...a harmless creature which cannot help but interrupt because old habits die hard.

Anyone who has issues with the interrupting might consider this not as an excuse but as a rational explanation.

Thanks for listening.:blowkiss:

I hear she is springing for manicures too. Wouldn't want Casey to go without.
I wonder what will happen to those fake nails in jail? Without the proper tools to remove them and the use of acetone...they will really be a problem. Guess she didn't think that far ahead, huh?! Baez best learn how to do nails. hehehe (or maybe he already has and it is his side job!)

Let the man run on............he is not really qualified as an expert anyway. His lab he talks so highly of is not even certified for LE purposes. I want him to work for the defense.
I didn't realise this. Interesting.
It's his lab? And it's not LE certified? Seems that would be a huge factor at trial.
Wonder why Jose happened to choose Kobe in the first place?

Well, I looked way worse after sending my son to camp the first time, and I knew exactly where he was.

Thank you Nancy G., as always, for advocating.

I know what you mean...I looked like hell when we had to give our foster daughter back to her bio parents; I even left town for the weekend so I wouldn't have to be around the nursery - it was very difficult. I still cry for her and that was nearly 6 months ago. BTW, the black and white photo of Caylee looking through the ladder (or bar stool) looks just like my little foster daughter.

Yes, we caught that. Interesting!

Wonder how CA will explain the fluids and maggots being on the outside of the bag when the pizza box was on the inside of the bag. Oh my.... :bang:

NG"s INTERRUPTIONS

After years of doing trials, quite often, as in it is not uncommon,for veteran trial attorneys to constantly interrupt people even though they are not doing a trial and not in a Courtroom. It is from the years of sitting there, with the adrenaline overflowing, with the battle to the death for victory, and with the word OBJECTION which has to be mentally formulated instantly..in a split second...as a witness testifies. Counsel must immediately INTERRUPT the speaker with that one word OBJECTION.
If counsel paused to try to figure out if it is or isn't an objection and on what grounds the objection should be based....then OOOOPS, it is now too late to do the objection as 3 more questions have been asked and answered while counsel was pondering whether or not to object.

Lawyers doing a trial under the wing of one with more experience, will lean over and ask, "Should I object." That is a mistake as it is now too late to object.
Things which violate the rules of evidence and hurt your side of the case, must be kept out of the trial. Meanwhile, the lawyer who has a split second to interrupt by objecting also must consider, in a flash.....should I let this evidence come in even though I could object on such and such grounds...because it doesn't hurt my side, in fact it helps???

Thus the objection, i.e. the interruption can only succeed if it becomes second nature--almost instinctive. And it must be an instantaneous INTERRUPTION of the individual who is talking/testifying.

This creates "trial lawyer interruptus"...a harmless creature which cannot help but interrupt because old habits die hard.

Anyone who has issues with the interrupting might consider this not as an excuse but as a rational explanation.

Thanks for listening.:blowkiss:
You know, that makes perfect sense! Thanks for clearing that up for us. It does explain a lot here. :clap::clap:

Wow Miracles, you've got this down, for sure. I'm impressed!
Thank you for all of the info!

Hey, maybe Jose will hire you on as a consultant!:)

He cannot afford me. :sothere::bananapowerslide:

I wish...

You're welcome!

I wonder what will happen to those fake nails in jail? Without the proper tools to remove them and the use of acetone...they will really be a problem. Guess she didn't think that far ahead, huh?! Baez best learn how to do nails. hehehe (or maybe he already has and it is his side job!)
Don't let anyone say that you have no compassion for Casey. Your concern is obvious and you are really tuned in to what is important to her. What empathy. ;)

Baez giving Casey mani/pedis, now that is a picture. I can also see them brushing one another's hair, gabbing over popcorn, and swooning over the coutroom clerk.

The maggots could tell them how long she'd been dead.

I hate to seem gross but I just looked up maggots. They start to grow 8-20 hours after flies lay their eggs. So, if Casey killed Caylee (allegedly) on the 16 or 17th) it would be highly possible the maggots would be in the car when they found the bag. :eek:

He cannot afford me. :sothere::bananapowerslide:
Not only could he not afford you, but you are so much smarter...he wouldn't be able to keep up so would have to use flashcards in court. Never looks good when your lawyer uses flashcards! :p

I meant to include that in my post. And those of us who have loved ones serving in hazardous-duty zones appreciate it.

Yes we do.

Only I wince at the picture of every fallen hero and pray please never, ever let that be my son.

The best way to get some advanced insight into how the defense might attack the State's forensic evidence would be by letting Kobe speak. The two point are unrelated; one does not excuse the other.

Lastly, although I have not addressed the following point, I will now: I don't see the wisdom in Kobe constantly appearing on the NG show, if he intends to testify for the defense. Everything he says may be used against him during his cross-examination, and I would be worried that he might be digging somewhat of a hole for himself the more he talks. In this respect, he is like any other potential witness for the defense, and if were Casey's attorneys, I would not want any of my witnesses blabbing prior to trial, especially on National TV.
I agree with you - have brought up both of these issues myself. It's as if Baez is giving us a sneak preview of the defense strategy - examining the testing process for errors or flaws, not necessarily disputing the actual test results. Although, who knows where this case will go by the time it gets to trial?

I know what you mean...I looked like hell when we had to give our foster daughter back to her bio parents; I even left town for the weekend so I wouldn't have to be around the nursery - it was very difficult. I still cry for her and that was nearly 6 months ago. BTW, the black and white photo of Caylee looking through the ladder (or bar stool) looks just like my little foster daughter.

Wonder how CA will explain the fluids and maggots being on the outside of the bag when the pizza box was on the inside of the bag. Oh my.... :bang:

I'm sorry you went through that, Bree0372. Foster parents are a special group of people.

I didn't realise this. Interesting.
It's his lab? And it's not LE certified? Seems that would be a huge factor at trial.
Wonder why Jose happened to choose Kobe in the first place?

Sweet - he probably saw him on NG and said "well, he sounds kinda smart". Maybe JB told KC to watch Kobi on NG and let him know what she thinks. :crazy:

I dont even have time enough to brush my hair let alone get it colored, my kids are always dressed very nicely, as long as its clean I wear it. Such a difference between moms who put their kids above and beyond themselves than to selfish selfcentered ******* like KC.

So true..my kids are dressed to perfection while I can't remember the last thing I bought for myself. My body gravitates to the kid section every time.:)

I didn't think her nails looked done, they were short and didn't even look coated with clear nail polish. To me they looked like normal nails.

I agreed...the exact opposite...chewed to the quick, she's finally getting nervous!

Don't see what you're seeing. Besides, Kobe was barely given the courtesy of being allowed to finish even one sentence. So how could he have made a fool of himself?

I see a biased TV host who behaves as if it's guilty until proven innocent, and who would prefer that Casey be convicted right here and now just because she was accused. Not that Nancy isn't entitled to her opinions and feelings, but it's hardly the professional stance one would expect from a national tv cable news show. She lowers the bar.

She's also a very experienced prosecution attorney and a victim of a violent crime since her fiance was murdered. Kobi has been on often enough that we all know when he is "skirting" the question. Nancy is very direct in her questions and will not tolerate smokescreening, skirting, hemming or hawwing. She knows her guests normal demeanor, their areas of expertise and when they don't want to answer appropriately. Kobi got caught at it tonight and he knows it.

I have a maggot related question: Are maggots immune to chloraform? If so, would their blender-autopsy show the chloraform in their system? If they are not immune to chloraform then what?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back