Nancy Grace 10/24/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was fired??? Any idea for what?

I don't want to take this off topic, but we can discuss it on the rumor thread if you like. It involves GA's treatment of his father.
See you on the rumor thread later, ok?

I don't know....remember when that minister came forward and told about his conversations with Stacy P last year, where she said she was scared of Drew, that he killed his 3rd wife? He didn't seem to think they were priveleged conversations. ???
Yes, he did initially. However, he told LE because of the nature of the conversation which would circumvent that privilege for a Minister. When she went missing, he made the choice to come forward with the information...which was the right thing to do.

If the priest is visiting her in jail then wouldn't the converstations be recorded? I don't see how she would be able to confess anything to the minister without it being found out. Even if they were in a private room wouldn't someone from the LE have to be present?

I really think LE has more harming things that we will not here about until trial

They just explained that if the family is using the minister to relay messages back to the family, that the "privilege" factor is null and void. In other words, if the A's were subpoened to testify in court as to what was said, they would have to answer.

I heard that part but what if the minister didn't relay messages to anyone..is what they discussed privleged?

I don't know one way or the other..just repeating what they said on NG. How do you know it is not?

I always thought that anything that you confessed to your priest "WAS" privileged

I would really like to know now.........

I think that was because Stacey went missing and he had information that could help LE determine what may have happened to her. MOO

Hmmm, still seems like if she was missing and not declared dead, that the privelege would still apply and he couldn't relay what she'd told him. IF a privilege applies to ALL conversations.

the stuff we found out today will just add to the timeline thats all....it will be used to prove chain of events

I heard that part but what if the minister didn't relay messages to anyone..is what they discussed privleged?

Yes......but I have a feeling that is not the case. They are using this minister trying to avoid the recordings, the media frenzy, etc.

Finally a decent call about the maggots!!! I would really like to know that one

I doubt it. It is privelidged, right?

It is privileged ONLY if no other persons are present.

ETA - The conversation between Casey and Clergy only.

Who's this guy that said that there's too much being made of this? He says without a body, the prosecution has little chance of going for the death penalty? He must be working for Kobi.

I always thought that anything that you confessed to your priest "WAS" privileged

I would really like to know now.........
You can read up on it on the Drew P. threads. :) There is a distinction between a Priest and a Minister, I believe...(not positive on that one). A minister can break privilege such as in that case because Stacy didn't say she was the one to commit the crime, but was in fear of him because he admitted it to her. (I hope I am remembering this correctly or I could just be way, way off. :crazy:)

They just explained that if the family is using the minister to relay messages back to the family, that the "privilege" factor is null and void. In other words, if the A's were subpoened to testify in court as to what was said, they would have to answer.

But what about the Priest.....?

If KC gives the Priest a message to give to the A's can LE Subpoena the Priest & say "Tell us what she said"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986
Back