Nancy Grace 10/24/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes......but I have a feeling that is not the case. They are using this minister trying to avoid the recordings, the media frenzy, etc.

I would think LE would be hip to an inmate trying to pull something like that, and they wouldn't allow it. Lawyer conversations don't get recorded, but I'm pretty sure all other conversations are. Are there any lawyers out there that can answer that?

I totally agree! I just said this same thing last night! Science is supposed to be non-biased!

I have no respect for Kobi. He is on other "crime shows" as an expert and I can't stand to watch him at all. I think this has made him lose his credibility. IMHO

That's why my brother, the lawyer, says that all expert witnesses should have a red light above the door.

Hmmm, still seems like if she was missing and not declared dead, that the privelege would still apply and he couldn't relay what she'd told him. IF a privilege applies to ALL conversations.
You know, I'm really not sure. I do remember some controversy about that minister coming forward with what Stacey had told him.

One characteristic of a person who has NPD - they become "religious".

You can read up on it on the Drew P. threads. :) There is a distinction between a Priest and a Minister, I believe...(not positive on that one). A minister can break privilege such as in that case because Stacy didn't say she was the one to commit the crime, but was in fear of him because he admitted it to her. (I hope I am remembering this correctly or I could just be way, way off. :crazy:)
That's what I remember too as being the reason he could say what she'd told him after she went missing and the information was about someone else who had said they had committed a crime and she could possibly be a victim of that person too.

yes, I think they did say that at the beginning of the show, they they thought she was placed alive in the trunk, and died there, decomping for 2.6 days. So my question was could she have been comatose for a time before she died, basically to find out how long she was in the trunk before she was dumped. i think.
how long was she alive in the trunk. Didn't someone say once that it takes up 36 hours to begin to decompose? is that info correct, anyone?

I thought that meant at least 2.6 days.

Pretty sure decomp starts pretty soon, in FL in summer.

I heard that part but what if the minister didn't relay messages to anyone..is what they discussed privleged?

I would think that what is discussed between KC and the minister is privileged because esentially a minister is considered a counselor.

Unless she confesses (please Lord let that happen) then I don't think he will be required to tell anything of their conversations. However, if he relays messages to the A family then his 'privilege' is null and void.

CA did make a comment recently that they receive their information (pass messages) through JB rather than going to see KC or receiving phone calls from KC.

But what about the Priest.....?

If KC gives the Priest a message to give to the A's can LE Subpoena the Priest & say "Tell us what she said"?

What I know about a priest is that no matter who it is, whatever was discussed between you and the priest stays there. Under no circumstances will that information be divulged and it is legal. No priest I ever knew would ever go to the jail for a privileged conversation with an inmate and carry the message to the family.

You guys gotta remember that Casey is in jail right now so IMO I would think it would impossible for her to confess with something or for that ministor to relay messages without it being recorded. This could be another case where LP(No offence to this guy) is saying this is what is going on as FACT and not his theory and its not the first time he's done that.

I really do not know how the ministor would be able to keep anything becuase of that simple fact of her being in jail.

the 2.6 days that caylee was laying in the trunk.....then she must have been placed into something and put back into the trunk for the next 8.4 days to go along with the theory that she was in the trunk for 11 days.....right?

I would think that what is discussed between KC and the minister is privileged because esentially a minister is considered a counselor.

Unless she confesses (please Lord let that happen) then I don't think he will be required to tell anything of their conversations. However, if he relays messages to the A family then his 'privilege' is null and void.

CA did make a comment recently that they receive their information (pass messages) through JB rather than going to see KC or receiving phone calls from KC.

And since the A-team is all about $$, it would be cheaper to send the minister in to get the info from Casey rather than paying JB his $250 an hour or whatever ludicrous amount he charges for his "services".

That's what I remember too as being the reason he could say what she'd told him after she went missing and the information was about someone else who had said they had committed a crime and she could possibly be a victim of that person too.
Great! Then I haven't taken complete leave of my senses yet. LOL Thanks, Panthera! Whew~!

But what about the Priest.....?

If KC gives the Priest a message to give to the A's can LE Subpoena the Priest & say "Tell us what she said"?

If the intent was to pass on messages to the family, then the conversation would not be privileged.

A person has a privilege to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, a confidential communication by the person to a member of the clergy in his or her capacity as spiritual advisor. . . . A communication between a member of the clergy and a person is "confidential" if made privately for the purpose of seeking spiritual counsel and advice from the member of the clergy in the usual course of his or her practice or discipline and not intended for further disclosure except to other persons present in furtherance of the communication. Fla. Stat. � 90.505.
http://www.churchlawtoday.com/private/library/cltr/c0600331.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back