Nancy Grace 10/9 Thurs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I asked the same question last night...thought it could be JB...don't think he's representing any other witness.

Won't do him any good to be there... he can't be inside while they are questioning anybody... period. He can stand outside the door, is all. And if Casey takes the 5th, she won't be there either.

Won't do him any good to be there... he can't be inside while they are questioning anybody... period. He can stand outside the door, is all. And if Casey takes the 5th, she won't be there either.
The answer was to "Who will be babysitting the princess of darkness?" LOL

I was replying to the statement that JB said regarding him going to the GJ proceedings. I really don't care WHO babysits Casey... I'm sure she will be guarded, doncha think?

This was my original scenario too. I didn't trust anything George said, and therefore discounted whaever. Then after the release of George's interview with LE, I wasn't as sure that George was making up a story.........only because he seemed very cooperative with LE, almost eager to help.

Cindy, on the other hand, has lied and obstructed the investigation from the beginning! :mad: I'm hoping she's charged and does some time too. :behindbar

Me too. Remember that LE talks to all witnesses BEFORE they take the formal statement on tape. I think George may have discussed what "really" happened with LE, off the record. He knows Cindy will read the formal statements and he may be operating "undercover" so to speak. He knows if he goes against Cindy or KC at this point, he will be shut out completely and will be of no help in solving the mystery.

I know that's a stretch, but what else could explain the obviously fake memory of the 16th from GA? He seems like the only one in that family that doesn't lie with every breath. I don't think he'll try to fake out LE. He wants to have a livelihood when this is over...because he's sure not going to have a marriage, family or money.

JMO
:run:

Gardenhart, I don't think they said capital murder was the ONLY charge that had to go before a grand jury, just that it requires a grand jury.
And my response was to the statement about capital murder being different than Murder One. Capital murder is capital murder... in every state. The sentences might be different, but the definition remains the same.

I think I may plan to go too. Any w'sers and any local/fl ws's wanna do a meet up?

iirc aren't cameras allowed in FL court?

"Justice for Caylee-Fest"

I'll see you all there too! I'm hoping they move it over to my county (I'm over on the coast) but either way- I will be there and will happily blog, photograph and report for fellow websleuthers! I'm sure I'll still be obsessing. I can't wait to see Justice for Caylee!:woohoo:

Gardenhart, I don't think they said capital murder was the ONLY charge that had to go before a grand jury, just that it requires a grand jury.
And my response was to the statement about capital murder being different than Murder One. Capital murder is capital murder... in every state. The sentences might be different, but the definition remains the same.

I think Nancy Grace did bust out and say they only go to GJ with capital murder-- she was getting carried away and misspoke, IMO. Maybe that clarifies the confusion :)

Also, capital murder just means death penalty eligible. Murder 1 is capital murder in death penalty states. Felony Murder is Murder 1 and is capital murder in death penalty states, etc.

\\

Did I mishear what they said? I swear they were announcing that the prosecutors must be seeking capital charges because only capital murder goes to grand juries in Florida.

I'm sorry, but capital murder isn't the same in every state. Some states have no death penalty at all and each of those states that do have the death penalty have different criteria for charging capital murder.

Here's the criteria in your state:
http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/capital-punishment/texas/

\\

Did I mishear what they said? I swear they were announcing that the prosecutors must be seeking capital charges because only capital murder goes to grand juries in Florida.

I'm sorry, but capital murder isn't the same in every state. Some states have no death penalty at all and each of those states that do have the death penalty have different criteria for charging capital murder.

Here's the criteria in your state:
http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/capital-punishment/texas/

I'm chasing you around ---:woohoo: --- to respond to this question.
But you weren't hearing things, NG DID say (once) that they only bring a GJ for capital murder. She misspoke. But you heard her right.

I think Nancy Grace did bust out and say they only go to GJ with capital murder-- she was getting carried away and misspoke, IMO. Maybe that clarifies the confusion :)

Also, capital murder just means death penalty eligible. Murder 1 is capital murder in death penalty states. Felony Murder is Murder 1 and is capital murder in death penalty states, etc.

Thank you, Nancy. Maybe I'm not crazy. LOL I was sure I heard her say that.

In my state, 1st Degree murder isn't the same as capital murder and would be what I guess you're describing as felony murder. Capital murder is a different charge. This is a death penalty state.

I'm chasing you around ---:woohoo: --- to respond to this question.
But you weren't hearing things, NG DID say (once) that they only bring a GJ for capital murder. She misspoke. But you heard her right.

I'll try to stand still. LOL Okay, that was my only point - that NG was incorrectly reporting the prosecutors were seeking a capital murder charge since it was being taken to the grand jury and only capital murder charges go to the grand jury. NG was wrong.

Thank you, Nancy. Maybe I'm not crazy. LOL I sure heard her say that.

In my state, 1st Degree murder isn't the same as capital murder and would be what I guess you're describing as felony murder. Capital murder is a different charge. This is a death penalty state.
Interesting-- what state are you from? Capital=confusing when trying to sort through all the different laws :)
I know, for the purposes of Casey's case, you'll find your answers if you look up First Degree Murder and Felony Murder.

I'll try to stand still. LOL Okay, that was my only point - that NG was incorrectly reporting the prosecutors were seeking a capital murder charge since it was being taken to the grand jury and only capital murder charges go to the grand jury. NG was wrong.

hahah yeah she got a little riled up. but I guess it's live, right?

Interesting-- what state are you from? Capital=confusing when trying to sort through all the different laws :)
I know, for the purposes of Casey's case, you'll find your answers if you look up First Degree Murder and Felony Murder.

I'm in Virginia. Our procedure is apparently very different. Here, a prosecutor can either take a charge directly to a grand jury or they can opt for a preliminary hearing where a judge would decide whether to send the case to the grand jury.

Here, you would be charged with either 1st or 2nd Degree murder or with capital murder. Only capital murder charges can result in a death penalty and the crime has to meet certain criteria before someone can be charged with capital murder. And the prosecutor would be called a commonwealth's attorney. LOL

We had a case in my home county years ago where a young boy was tortured with a stun gun, raped and killed. The criteria at the time included murder in the commission of a rape, but only for adults. The prosecutor was able to charge capital murder only because the murderer took the boy's shoes, because murder in the commission of a robbery was included in capital crimes.

The law was later changed to include rape of someone under 14 because of that case, later again changed to murder of someone under 14.

I think he and Casey will be huddling in his office during the grand jury proceedings, waiting nervously.

I thought the night of june 15 was in question as to where she spent the night, LP doesnt think she spent the night there, but cindy says they did..she heard them breathing through the door and GA said goodbye to them the next day june 16...he remembers what they were wearing and what he was watching on TV

In Tony's interview he states that Casey did not spend the night with him on June 15. IIRC, there was also some texting back and forth between the two of them for several hours into the early hours of the 16th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back