Nancy Grace - 9/03/2008 8:00 PM EST

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didnt read this whole thread, but does anyone find it weird that her boyfriend says he picked her up late morning at the broken down car, with the bag of groceries. Yet Padilla says the car was at the store at 7 am when a worker came in that day. Whos wrong? Is her bfriend lying now?

I don't think the boyfriend is lying. I think she left the car there earlier (maybe the night before) or slept in or something. The amscot employee saw it there at 7. IIRC he picked her up late morning.

Casey was standing outside of her car holding the groceries when Tony picked her up.

As far as the smell of the car....in the discovery docs, it says nothing about the odor until George unlocked and opened the car door and trunk. This would leave me to believe that the odor was sealed inside the car.
Could she have changed her clothes somewhere...hence, the pair of pants in the car that DID smell like the car according to Cindy?
IIRC the woman who spotted the car did say she had seen it when she got to work. I believe she then called someone about it (headquarters). Don't remember the dates and order of things anymore. Guess, Padilla does.

The questions some of you are asking about were asked tonight ...such as when did she do the searhes on cloriform.but no one had been given that info.and a caller called in ask asked the same thing about cindy having worked or is a nurse so she may have acess to the cloriform and then they went on to talk about that if that was how and why it was there then what could they or cindy be charged with so they were asked and aensered on Ng tonight.

Glad someone finally brought the subject of Tony's interview with LE up. I hope that this is not the only interview. If it is I am surprised at how little amount of time they spent with this interview.
I mean, he was the guy she was currently into. To my mind he would know a lot more than what he said in that interview.

JMHO.

they only released documents relating to the obstruction and neglect charge, there will be many more interviews in the next batch of discovery documents

Yep, just posted about that. Nice recipe he had there; not sure that was the entire recipe though. Seems George might know about that sort of thing having once been in LE. My opinion, of course.

Thanks, I was hesitant to ask as I was taping the show to upload here and server busy, blah, blah.

I will look back at the posts.

And the neighbors say they heard a huge blowup!

And she told her friends she was getting the house...was she planning on killing the family?

Chloroform would be one way to overpower those bigger than you...

This is getting really creepy.

Isn't it, though? I think when all of this comes out Caylee will not have been her only intended victim. I wondered if she was going to try and rig the Anthony's house to have a carbon monoxide "accident". (Ala CSI).

I was also thinking how weird it is, to watch as it unfolds, the case of a woman who is going to be the study of many criminal psychology profiles. She is the coldest, hardest, emotionless narcissist I can ever recall seeing in true crime behavior. (And I started paying attention back in the 80's, by sneaking my grandma's Ann Rule book on Ted Bundy when I was like 10.) Casey's eyes are devoid of emotion and chilling to the core. This woman needs to be off the streets. Forever.

I'd like to have Nancy devote more time to cameras on the scenes, instead of just running the same footage. (Over and over...)

IMO Tony wanted to point out that Casey had the groceries in her hands waiting outside of the car

maybe to point out that Casey didn't want tony to smell the trunk because it already smelled

she parked the car next to the dumpster so the awful smell coming out of her car can be mistaken for the big ol dirty Dumpster

I live a couple miles away from a landfill and everytime it rains you can smell it by my apartments and on a very HOT day you can smell it too… so ya if it was early and the sun was out that car had to be smelling

had to be before cops returned her computer to her - when did they take the computer? Would have been before then.

Not sure if this is accurate because I can't find the link now to the article I read today, but one article did specify that the search logs were noted on the computer obtained within days of her arrest.

If that is accurate, then that would be the Anthony's computer which was taken and cloned almost immediately.

When the car was impounded, that is when LE obtained the compaq laptop.

CLORIFORM WAS BANNED IN THE US IN THE 70;S OR SO NANCY GRACE SAID but i do beleive that it is still in a low quantity used by anasteisialogist...pardon me if thats not even close to the tight spelling im talking about the guy or girl that puts you under before surgury.

they only released documents relating to the obstruction and neglect charge, there will be many more interviews in the next batch of discovery documents

I hope so. The interview I read seemed to go more towards "character" and how she treated Caylee. No specifics whatsoever. I hope they have more.

I am also a nurse and have been for 17 years and have never heard or seen Chloraform used in that time period. I have worked in surgery,labor and delivery, ob, home health and hospice.

If I remember acetone is the liquid usually used to remove maggots from a wound. I know that is gross but it happens. I saw it mentioned here that chloraform could be used for that purpose but if I remember correctly we used acetone. You irrigate the wound, it kills the maggots!!!! and doesn't damage the tissue.

Glad someone finally brought the subject of Tony's interview with LE up. I hope that this is not the only interview. If it is I am surprised at how little amount of time they spent with this interview.
I mean, he was the guy she was currently into. To my mind he would know a lot more than what he said in that interview.

JMHO.
Wasn't there another guy at the same time? The cop that was fired?
Casey was a busy girl. No wonder she didn't have any time for Caylee

Originally Posted by OldSarge View Post
NANCY GRACE:

Why did you not ask this question...

"When was Casey's lap top used to search for cloraform", "What was the exact date of the search"?

She did ask and that info has not been released yet.

Nancy asked the local reporter if she knew when LE searched the lap top. She DID NOT ask when Casey made the SEARCH for cloraform!

I'm sure she asked. I will check the NG transcript when it come out and get back with you.

keep getting kicked off - haven't found much yet concerning chloroform on the skin.

perhaps I am thinking in the wrong direction, but it is a strong solvent. used to remove grease, varnish, tar, etc. I doubt she would use it for this purpose when gasoline or other household solvents would do.

My head just can't think anymore. :(

I realize that it could be used for other things but to the average person as soon as you hear the word chloroform what comes to mind? Lets be reasonable, Casey isn't very smart to begin with and no education so... Myself I always think of rapists and serial killers.

I also understand some of the science angle being explained about the chlorine and urine causing chloroform but I read that it was a high content found in the trunk.
I believe that would negate Cindy's excuses.

Absolutely. Very unlikely indeed. But they still need to prove that she is the one who did the searches (and not, say, a friend of hers). They still need to tie possession of chloroform + computer TO her. the other thing is... if she only meant to make her daughter SLEEP but did not have intent to kill her, how would that affect the charges? Does anyone know? Isn't INTENT to do harm one of the elements of first degree murder?

The thing is, she could have used so many other things if she "just wanted to put Caylee to sleep," such as over the counter sleeping pills, etc. And you can't get chloroform over the counter, so I'm not buying it. I think she had sinister reasons for using/buying the chloroform, if that's what she did...

I'm sure she asked. I will check the NG transcript when it come out and get back with you.

I respect your opinion, but stand by my position...

Nancy FAILED to ask the Orlando reporter if she KNEW when Casey made the CLOROFORM searches.

That is a CRITICAL date.

Didn't he say earlier in the show it was late morning? I caught that too. The car was reported at amscot at 7 am and she called Tony later from what I recall. What the heck ...... this is so twisted! What is with the groceries?!!!!

Casey had to buy groceries to explain why she was out and about so early.

Couldn't it be true that Casey left the car before 7 a.m. and also true that Tony wasn't called until later? Why would he lie when he knows LE has a record of when the phone call happened?

Why couldn't the car be backed up to the dumpster and abandoned before 7 a.m. and Casey walk to a CVS or similar store for groceries.She hangs out at the drugstore, reads magazines, looks at makeup, sprays herself with some perfume from testers and then gets a few groceries.Then she walks back to the lot where her car was left and calls Tony from her cell phone.

IMO

But we already know that he was contacted by Baez --he disclosed all of this. I suppose he could be biasing his comments, but we were informed of his possible affiliations.

I have a question; didn't the expert also say, last night, that he was contacted by the prosecution as well? I'm not totally sure, but I have a vague memory of this.
Did he? I don't remember hearing him say that the prosecutor on this case had contacted him, only that in some cases he testifies for the defense and in others for the prosecution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back