Nancy Grace - 9/25/08 - Thursday

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if Casey took Tyson chicken chunks or if it was regular chicken. Chicken chunks and ice pops could be considered kid food. This could have been a ploy to make Cindy think Caylee really was with Casey if she happened to notice missing food. Of course, Cindy thought Casey was out of town in the first place and could become alarmed at missing food. I believe if I were the family I'd throw out every single thing I had in the freezer and any jars of opened food or coffees that were around the house during that time. Just for their own safety.

Yes, but I doubt she could have without drawing attention to herself.

It's unclear as to whether she just deleted all of the files from her email or whether she actually restored the system to a previous date. That could account for the blue screen. But rebooting the computer might have brought up a blue screen, too. There is also software that will erase, or seemingly erase a hard drive but it doesn't sound like she had access to that before she left.

The funny thing is that nothing is truly erased that can't be retrieved by the right software, unless the hard drive is physically smashed into little pieces. Sometimes you can even retrieve information if it gets wet. Not always but sometimes.

IMO, someone else deleted those files unless she was deleting everything as soon as she got it or every day. I'm not pointing fingers but she had no idea her mom was going to show up on that day. From listening to Lee, it doesn't say that that was her habit. He thought it was weird too.
I have to politely disagree about wiping things off of a computer. If you reformat your hard drive and reinstall your operating system, most everything will be gone, especially if you defragment that hard drive. It's not for the faint of heart and not something you want to try. The blue screen that LA was referring to and the way the computer was acting sounds like the operating system was trying to boot, so that means the hard drive was not wiped clean. This from a system administrator.

How cold is her heart???? I just turned 40 this year. Still haven't found that perfect man yet....long story short, never had children and now regret it.

I just want to scream to KC:

Just like Sharon Rocha said, "Divorce was always an option, not murder!"

KC - ""Adoption was always an option, not murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You had options!!!! A B S O L U T E L Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me, too, karen . . . but not the kid part -- way too much responsibility! I love your Sharon quote though -- it speaks LOUDLY

JMO: I think that is his theory and not something that has been confirmed.

Does anyone have any further info on this?
I think LP is referring to the white plastic bag found when GA and the tow yard opened the trunk of the car at the tow yard. The white plastic bag held a pizza box and maggots. So if Caylee's body had been in that bag, it would account for the maggots. The bag was thrown over a fence and LE retrieved it.

I thought the same thing about her using the dumpster at Sawgrass. Surely she wouldn't be STUPID enough to leave something in the dumpster same place she abandoned the car, especially with the smell in the car being so bad.

I personally think that Casey is just so smart, she IS STUPID!!! I still think that is why she's out on bail AND BEING ALLOWED TO USE HER COMPUTER. Hellloooo!!!

They are just giving her enough rope to hang herself. She was useless to them sitting in jail and reading.

Good point!:)

Me, too, karen . . . but not the kid part -- way too much responsibility! I love your Sharon quote though -- it speaks LOUDLY

Thanks for the compliment. I was really nervous to post it. I'm just all fired up tonight.

I have a furbaby (mini-schnauzer- Zoe Grace) and she's about all the responsibility I have the energy for now! I don't see how parents do it! Hats off to them!

I'm confused. Did TL say he took KC to the house and she had a white plastic bag with chicken and freezepops in it or did he say that when he picked her up at her car that she had the groceries?

The way I read it she had food from the house both times......

20th, first friday she ran ourt of gas & TonE took her to the house, she got the cans & some food....He waited in the Jeep.

when he picked her up the 27th he said the food she had looked like it came from home, not a grocery store.

You might be right. :) I didn't think he was laughing at the odor, but seemed to not know how to react or express it, in a way.

Inapproporate laughter is usually a sign of nervousness. You can hear it when a teenager, mainly girls, try to explain something serious like a boyfriend. Some topics are so uncomfortable to talk about, maybe because of insecurity or lack of maturity, that a laugh is a form or relief.
I think Lee is very tense and unhappy discussing his sister and his missing niece that the laughter comes out.
JMO cause as a former reporter, I've met many many people like this.

I haven't read about this part yet in the docs, but, just right off the bat, it sounds like that was just part of her role playing as the perfect girlfriend.

She cooks, cleans, doctors boo boos, takes care of roommates, *cough* steals money from her best friend to buy groceries to feed him and his roomies, and of course... :furious:keeps his vehicle all nice and shiny and clean, perfect *cough cough* sorry, can't say it...perfect mother....

Stepford!

There was a sound bite on one of the stations - sorry don't remember which - around the time that Greta was taken into Caylee's room --- Cindy was livid, she said that she notified the police that there were clothes in the car, but since they did not come when she called - she washed them. If it was evidence, 'their bad' - the clothes were washed, dried and folded and if they wanted them they could have them. From all that has come out, Cindy knew exactly what she was doing. Does anyone else remember the clip?? She really had a lot of attitude going.

This is my first post - great site!

I remember her saying that.

The way I read it she had food from the house both times......

20th, first friday she ran ourt of gas & TonE took her to the house, she got the cans & some food....He waited in the Jeep.

when he picked her up the 27th he said the food she had looked like it came from home, not a grocery store.

This is what I have a hard time wrapping my mind around. Why would TonE go thru all that trouble....pick KC up, take her to her parents while burning your own gas, borrowing a shovel from the neighbor, breaking in the shed, getting the gas cans, taking the gas cans back to her car.

Here's an ABSOLUTELY wonderful idea....just fill the $%^# tank up with gas at the gas station. Was he that high????????????

He had to know she was spending money buying food, getting nails done, tattoos. She couldn't afford a friggin' tank of gas or he couldn't buy a tank of friggin' gas for her?????? That's a real keeper KC!!!!

I have not gotten to watch ng yet tonight... thanks for the great recaps, I will be watching in an hour.

Take Note, my sympathies also. Hubby and I have lost three adult children and I treasure every speck of anything I have which relates to them. I absolutely cannot fathom this kind of mother. I am a very non violent person, but I believe I could start the stuff flowing in the needles for this lady.

I think alot of us are overthinking the individual we are talking about here.

YES SHE COULD BE THAT STUPID! She lives in the moment. her psychology is almost animalistic or feral. She moves from moment to moment performs and act, tells a lie, and moves on. She does not plan far ahead. She does not worry about repurcusions. Her fantasy stories will explain away all.

While I believe that LP is speculating,and has no real evidence. His speculation is probably the most believable account of what probably happened to Caylee at this point. As he said a few weeks back "She left the car next to a dumpster". I think his instincts are correct on this one.

And remember she left the car with her keys in it and her purse empty. She did not expect the car to be towed. She probably already had a story prepped about a carjacking, in which they drove off with Caylee. CA's getting to her first threw that for a loop.

Once again consider the psychology of the individual. She deleted those pictures because that portion of her life was over. She does not look back or move back. She knew Caylee was gone forever, so she was removing her from her world.

That's EXACTLY how sociopaths think.

mebbe not, can set those up to auto go with myspace etc. I do that with son's email sometimes, when he forgets to cc me copy of flight plans (I drop him and saves on parking fees) I run upstairs and just click his mail (he uses yahoo) and boom I'm in and can cc self.

LOL....I can't see Casey having saved passwords on her 'puter, esp. while living w/TonE........to easy for him to find out about her other fella's.

Casey might have figured out her party was about over if Cindy sent her a
what the he// e-mail that day, after picking up the car.......

I can't see Cindy not ringing Casey phone every 5 min. & sending e-mails,
after bailing out the car that was towed 2 weeks before.

Just my 2 cents but, I think TL thought he had a good thing going w/KC because she was buying the groceries, playing house and she was totally into him so, he rode that horse as long as he was able. The 2 times he treated, he made it a point to announce that HE paid for it. Some of his dialogue doesn't gel quite right. I can't put my finger on it just yet, but there's something that's not right with his statements. It's obvious to me he had no long range plans with KC nor did he seem to have much concern for Caylee, but he knew that she was digging in and he let it happen anyway. Like I said, just my 2 cents.

I think you're right. Which is one reason why I think he wasn't involved. I don't think he cared enough, to be involved. He'd let KC stick around as long as he was still comfortable.

I don't understand it either. He's saying this so matter-of-fact, and yet calling the smell atrocious.

I found his laughs suspicious as well but i think regarding the smell of the car he is imagining the effect on his mother who apparently must be very fastidious about these things and he can imagine her having a fit. it's funny because he grew up with her reactions and is far enough removed from them to look back on it with humor.

He didn't realive the severity of the situation at first but by the time he gave this interview he knew so it does seem out of place unless he feels some embarrasement to the interviewer about it....(about recalling his mother's reaction). Lee has some problems being in touch with his feelings....might be gay.

He is basically as cold as his sister though just trying to do the right thing and get some attention.

Ooohhh, oohhh. Just had another thought after seeing this post. If Casey did get the decomp on her clothes, she would have showered and changed before letting TonE pick her up. That could explain the time gap of about 4 hours after ditching the car.

Question is....who lives close enough from Amscot for her to walk to their place and shower, change before calling TonE??????????????????????????

I still feel she picked Amscot for a reason. It wasn't random. But who does she know that lives the closest to Amscot?????????:waitasec:

How close was Amscot to JG's? Is that the day she asked to use his shower?

I found his laughs suspicious as well but i think regarding the smell of the car he is imagining the effect on his mother who apparently must be very fastidious about these things and he can imagine her having a fit. it's funny because he grew up with her reactions and is far enough removed from them to look back on it with humor.

He didn't realive the severity of the situation at first but by the time he gave this interview he knew so it does seem out of place unless he feels some embarrasement to the interviewer about it....(about recalling his mother's reaction). Lee has some problems being in touch with his feelings....might be gay.

He is basically as cold as his sister though just trying to do the right thing and get some attention.

I have thought he was gay from day 1. Please no one be upset. I have nothing against it. I just thought it is odd he comes and then just disappears. Like he is trying to hide something. I don't know. Like where he lives, etc.

Cindy knew exactly what she was doing. Does anyone else remember the clip?? She really had a lot of attitude going.

This is my first post - great site!
here ya go, Littlered---
*snip*

CYNTHIA ANTHONY: I don't know. I mean, they had receipts that could have traced my daughter's last actions for the last month. They didn't want them. They didn't even want to go through any of her personal things. It's too late now, guys. I've already put her stuff away. So you know, I let it sit out in her bedroom for the last week-and-a-half, and no one's wanted to comb through any of the stuff that we took from the apartment.
I mean, I don't get it. You know, either you're looking for my granddaughter or you're building a case against my daughter. You know, do something. You know, I'm sick and tired of the fact that we're sitting here, we're in the dark, we're aching every day because we don't have our granddaughter with us. And people out in the public are getting frustrated because, you know, they believe that my daughter's...
FRANCO: Alive.
ANTHONY: ... My granddaughter's alive. They believe in my daughter. Everybody that knows Casey knows that she's going to do everything she can to protect Caylee. She's not going to hurt her.
FRANCO: Talk to us about the receipts. What kind of receipts did the Orange County sheriff...
CYNTHIA ANTHONY: She has receipts from going to the grocery story, from going shopping, from doing whatever. They could have went back at the stores to see if Caylee was with her. They could have done a whole lot of things. They haven't -- you know, they didn't. So it's too late now to go back. I don't have those anymore.
And I'm -- frankly, I'm not holding any more stuff for them. Anything I have I'm going to give to whoever I have, a private investigator, her attorney or whatever that acts like they care about my granddaughter. And I'm frustrated. I just want one of them from the sheriff's department to call me and give me some respect, give my husband some respect, and give us a little update.
They were so good about coming here every day for the first three days and -- because they knew we were giving them everything they wanted, and I've given everything they wanted. I opened my home to them. I let them search my back yard without question. I let them take my computers without question. You know, they said they're done with them. I can't even get on the -- on my daughter's side of our desktop because they changed the password. And I can't get my granddaughter's pictures to even look at them.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,393262,00.html
July 29th, the day Lee talked to police. hmmm on his reciept story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon
Back