Nancy Grace America's Missing 2011-03-01

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People in government often don't have authority to say what they do. I thought it was specifically stated that those involved with the drug case were not involved with HaLeigh's case so anything said should be mute.

I doubt you'll ever find where I've said that Crystal was cleared -- the reason I don't think she was involved is that nobody has been able to put her anywhere near that mh anytime prior the morning after HaLeigh went missing -- she was even in a different county. So don't know why you bother to bring up Crystal.

However, the bottom line is until it is confirmed what happened to HaLeigh and when, anyone near her that day cannot be cleared and anyone with access to that mobile home could have left something there that caused her death.

I'm not sure what you're saying in your first paragraph.

I have no idea what you have said about Crystal. My post was not about you. I brought her up as both she and Ron were in the statement by LE.

I haven't seen LE confirm alibis for members of Ron or Crystal or Misty's family members, for folks who lived right there, or those who didn't happen to live close by at the time. JMO

Allegedly he said that. I didn't hear him say it. I don't know if Tim heard him say it. If I thought someone had harmed or killed my child, I probably would say the same thing, whether I meant it or not.

IIRC, he said it in front of Tim Miller who is more than credible IMO.

yes I recall when it was said. I believe ASAs have authority to state things like that, they make the decisions about prosecuting cases iirc. Some might think that would make them LE, some won't. LE said Ron and Crystal were not considered suspects, some folks think that's a statement that means nothing, and LE won't say if they are or not, and some think that only means Crystal isn't a suspect, some think it means both are cleared, or only Crystal is cleared. It's all open for interpretation imo

I just dont understand, as you say the cops have said Ron and Crystal aren't suspects. Well, how can anyone say that when no one is sure what happened? What if Crystal paid someone to knock Misty out and kidnap Haleigh and fly her to the underground tunnels she will reside in till shes of age? Its far fetched, but its still possible. I mean if a crime is unknown and unsolved, you really cant clear anyone. I mean thats just a basic building block of logic.

Didn't I hear Ron C on tape claiming he wanted to crush Jo's hands over stealing his gun, yet we have him nonchantly telling Cobra it is his belief Jo put Haleigh in the St. John and the gators got to her and he doesn't seem one bit concerned or angry with Jo concerning this horrific disgusting tale?

What we are dealing with here is a Sociopath (who does not possess a conscience) who is the one physically responsible for his own daughter's death. A person who will lie, blame and threaten others and do everything within his power to keep the truth from ever being revealed...No matter who he hurts in the process.. His mother and grandmother have taught him well...JMHO

Didn't I hear Ron C on tape claiming he wanted to crush Jo's hands over stealing his gun, yet we have him nonchantly telling Cobra it is his belief Jo put Haleigh in the St. John and the gators got to her and he doesn't seem one bit concerned or angry with Jo concerning this horrific disgusting tale?

What we are dealing with here is a Sociopath (who does not possess a conscience) who is the one physically responsible for his own daughter's death. A person who will lie, blame and threaten others and do everything within his power to keep the truth from ever being revealed...No matter who he hurts in the process.. His mother and grandmother have taught him well...JMHO

I want to know how anyone can justify his nonchalant attitude toward his daughter probably being down there with the gators huh?

Ya know, its that action right there that leads me to believe she is not in the water. I have to imagine he feels something paternal somewhere for Haleigh, could he really toss his daughter in the water? Its really a toss up at this point.

FWIW, in Florida as in most jurisdictions a defendant cannot be prejudiced in court by statements of suspected involvement in any crime for which they have never been charged. In sentencing, prior arrests can be considered even if a case is still pending, and thus there was no conviction on record, but any suspected offense for which a person has never been formally charged cannot be mentioned in open court.

Bottom line is Tommy was never charged with anything Haleigh related and it was improper for the SA to make a statement about any suspected involvement. If Tommy has addressed this issue in his appeal and the lower court cannot justify its harsh sentence (above and beyond what Tommy's score sheet indicated) the appellate court could rule in Tommy's favor and throw out the lower court's sentence.

IMO, Tommy is a despicable human being on many levels but that does not justify him being treated in a manner that is both illegal and unethical. If this is what happened, it must be fixed.

I just dont understand, as you say the cops have said Ron and Crystal aren't suspects. Well, how can anyone say that when no one is sure what happened? What if Crystal paid someone to knock Misty out and kidnap Haleigh and fly her to the underground tunnels she will reside in till shes of age? Its far fetched, but its still possible. I mean if a crime is unknown and unsolved, you really cant clear anyone. I mean thats just a basic building block of logic.
I agree it seems impossible to clear anyone

FWIW, in Florida as in most jurisdictions a defendant cannot be prejudiced in court by statements of suspected involvement in any crime for which they have never been charged. In sentencing, prior arrests can be considered even if a case is still pending, and thus there was no conviction on record, but any suspected offense for which a person has never been formally charged cannot be mentioned in open court.

Bottom line is Tommy was never charged with anything Haleigh related and it was improper for the SA to make a statement about any suspected involvement. If Tommy has addressed this issue in his appeal and the lower court cannot justify its harsh sentence (above and beyond what Tommy's score sheet indicated) the appellate court could rule in Tommy's favor and throw out the lower court's sentence.

IMO, Tommy is a despicable human being on many levels but that does not justify him being treated in a manner that is both illegal and unethical. If this is what happened, it must be fixed.
I don't know what Florida law states, but even to me, that seemed prejudicial & manipulative. Even if Tommy really is a suspect, I'm uneasy about him being labeled a suspect...then nothing. If courts are going to allow this, then the accuser should have to back it up. IDK why Werter hasn't jumped all over this. But on the other hand, Werter tried to use Haleigh as a way for Tommy to get a reduced sentence, so I guess they opened themselves up to LE explaing WHY his 'cooperation' didn't warrant favors. OK, the reason why is because Tommy's a suspect...but then, they should have been legally required to explain why he's a suspect. MOO, & my curiosity may be clouding my judgement, but if I was in that situation, I'd be demanding explanations & suing if I didn't get them. MOO.

I don't know what Florida law states, but even to me, that seemed prejudicial & manipulative. Even if Tommy really is a suspect, I'm uneasy about him being labeled a suspect...then nothing. If courts are going to allow this, then the accuser should have to back it up. IDK why Werter hasn't jumped all over this. But on the other hand, Werter tried to use Haleigh as a way for Tommy to get a reduced sentence, so I guess they opened themselves up to LE explaing WHY his 'cooperation' didn't warrant favors. OK, the reason why is because Tommy's a suspect...but then, they should have been legally required to explain why he's a suspect. MOO, & my curiosity may be clouding my judgement, but if I was in that situation, I'd be demanding explanations & suing if I didn't get them. MOO.

I'm not convinced Werter hasn't used Tommy to get 15 minutes of fame.. For certain he hasn't done him any favors...JMHO..

I want to know how anyone can justify his nonchalant attitude toward his daughter probably being down there with the gators huh?

Ya know, its that action right there that leads me to believe she is not in the water. I have to imagine he feels something paternal somewhere for Haleigh, could he really toss his daughter in the water? Its really a toss up at this point.

It can't be justified and like you it lead me to believe she wasn't in that water..
However to even begin to speak of such a horror w/o any emotion especially when it pertains to a precious child, his own daughter, who he refers to as his his heart, his own flesh and blood, who he claims he loves, is truly telling..
It paints a picture IMO of someone who is truly evil and IMO capable of doing just about anything. For certain, he has no concept of what loving someone truly means....JMHO

It can't be justified and like you it lead me to believe she wasn't in that water..
However to even begin to speak of such a horror w/o any emotion especially when it pertains to a precious child, his own daughter, who he refers to as his his heart, his own flesh and blood, who he claims he loves, is truly telling..
It paints a picture IMO of someone who is truly evil and IMO capable of doing just about anything. For certain, he has no concept of what loving someone truly means....JMHO

And thats why I have no problems with thinking he alone did all this and only him knows and everyone else is just really dense.

Allegedly he said that. I didn't hear him say it. I don't know if Tim heard him say it. If I thought someone had harmed or killed my child, I probably would say the same thing, whether I meant it or not.

I might say it as well but I wouldn't dream about marrying a person if I thought they had killed my child.

JMO, it was just theater. He just thought he ought to make it look like he was a bit angry at Misty, because he got some flack for marrying the child who lied about what happened to his daughter. I don't believe it because his behavior is inconsistent. You usually don't marry and protect and shield and pamper and lie for someone at the same time you want to blow their brains out for revenge.

:) Something we can agree on!
Ron has done some pretty despicable things in his life from dating too young girls to drugs and a lot in between.

Our difference is our stance on HaLeigh.
I don't think for one minute he would have harmed her.

Making bad choices in the woman (and her family) he brought into his children's lives was only truly seen in hindsight, so I cannot fault him 100% for that either.
We all make mistakes.

Until LE glances his way I'll believe them.. and they say Ron is not a suspect.

I can't really share this opinion. He is a drug user, a drug dealer, and a criminal and associates with other people sharing his interests like many drug dealers and drug users do. IMO it's not just a mistake that could only be seen in hindsight and cannot be faulted. It's a lifestyle choice he made that anybody could have foreseen leads to no good whatsoever, and he subjected his innocent children to all that, which harmed them by definition. I absolutely fault him for that.

Finally had a chance to watch this show as I recorded it...and read as many posts as time allows....Much of what troubles me has been mentioned already, but it was the AS/TN show with no one from Haleigh's mother side represented live and I find that appalling. I don't think Haleigh would want her mom excluded and its another one of those things that makes you go hmmmm? If they were asked and declined, that should have been explained, but to exclude Crystal was IMVSO not only rude but shows a bias, whether intended or not....Not journalism IMVHO.

Finally had a chance to watch this show as I recorded it...and read as many posts as time allows....Much of what troubles me has been mentioned already, but it was the AS/TN show with no one from Haleigh's mother side represented live and I find that appalling. I don't think Haleigh would want her mom excluded and its another one of those things that makes you go hmmmm? If they were asked and declined, that should have been explained, but to exclude Crystal was IMVSO not only rude but shows a bias, whether intended or not....Not journalism IMVHO.

I am sure the real motivation for Ronald other than punishing Crystal for not wanting to deal with him or his messed up family anymore, but getting the kids his main concern was more than likely the couple grand he would get back on tax day. But the Cummings Sykes ability to cut off Haleighs mom and act like Haleigh was just theirs is disgusting, the whole family is disgusting, and I am sure only they think they need to know where Haleigh is. The way they treat Haleighs mom really shows what nasty characters they are, of course they don't understand that.

I haven't seen evidence Ronald has a bad temper, although many people do so it wouldn't be uncommon, and I don't believe he harmed his children
Can you ignore the statements of witnesses who were at the bus stop the day Ron almost ran over a couple of people, including a child? I can't. The incident is a strong indication that when angry, Ron's judgment can become impaired to the point of causing injury to innocent bystanders who get in his way.

Then there were the pictures of Haleigh with bruises and the ensuing DCF investigation. And Ron's statement very early on that he spanked Haleigh "the way DCF says you can". I'll have to look that one up to find his exact words, but it was pretty clear that an issue had arisen prior to Haleigh's disappearance regarding Ron's method of discipline. A big red flag from the very beginning of this case.

Smoke invariably equals fire.

I am sure the real motivation for Ronald other than punishing Crystal for not wanting to deal with him or his messed up family anymore, but getting the kids his main concern was more than likely the couple grand he would get back on tax day. But the Cummings Sykes ability to cut off Haleighs mom and act like Haleigh was just theirs is disgusting, the whole family is disgusting, and I am sure only they think they need to know where Haleigh is. The way they treat Haleighs mom really shows what nasty characters they are, of course they don't understand that.

That's pretty much how I felt the entire time that the show was on. But, this is really the way they have acted during the entire case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc