Nancy Grace - Friday 11/14/08 (Anthony's Cancelled.)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish that C and G COULD have been more proactive with Casey and done something sooner. Bet they do too. Just a shame!!!!!!!!!

Hi there all.. Im a long time lurker, first time posting..
I live on the west coast (california).
My thoughts on TM and what kinda bugged me.. is that before the search He was talking about how long they were gonna be there etc.. and He basically pulled out early.. and some searches have commented on not all the areas were searched..
I do respect what TM does as a whole.. but the whole search thing this last weekend bothers me.

Welcome, neighbor! :wave:

I donated to TES, and I have no regrets, but I'm sorry Tim took it upon himself to trash another searcher on national TV in such a superior manner. It was most unseemly.
I agree, Diane.
It was horrible, at least to me, to see Tim saying the things that he said and to hear him.
And, I'm afraid his actions have really hurt him and his organization.
jmo.

I am right there with you guys! Although I feel that you can tell alot about a person by his actions, I also believe that it speaks just as loudly when people admit their wrongs and take responsibility.

Tim just did that on national television!:eek: That takes balls. I forgive him. He has done WAY more good than bad>

oh, did he go on TV saying he was sorry or something? I must have missed it.. what did he do? wow, I didn't see any of this, him saying he was wrong & all that! Do you have a link?

Does anyone have the link of Caylee talking to her grandpa. Thats the first time I had seen it :(

Search you tube..you'll find lots of Caylee videos, and I know I've watched it there before. I don't have a link handy though.

I have to disagree.

Who benefits if Caylee's body remains unfound? In a small way, the Anthony family - it allows them to continue hoping that she is still alive, and they may believe it will help Casey dodge a death penalty verdict.

But LE and the FBI in no way benefit from failing to find little Caylee. They may no longer be actively searching for her body, but their task was made almost impossible from the get-go by the fact that she'd been gone for a month before they even knew to look.

If Casey tossed her daughter's body in a dumpster, she would have been buried under tons of tourist-season garbage from every theme park in the area before the first 911 call was ever made.

I think what LE is doing at this point is all behind the scenes - they are going to nail her based on science, the evidence we know they've gathered, and the evidence we know nothing about.

Your points are valid the only things is if LE had a body or at least some or all of the remains, would be even better and it would halt any reasonable doubt as to whether or not Caylee is alive. Seems to me LE would assist in a search in any way that they could and not discourage people from searching.

oh, did he go on TV saying he was sorry or something? I must have missed it.. what did he do? wow, I didn't see any of this, him saying he was wrong & all that! Do you have a link?
He phoned in on Nancy tonight.

Ya like when she answers the question posed to her by Detectives, Did you sell your daughter, she gets reallly upset and defensive "If really wanted to get rid of my daughter.....". When she is asked if she "did something to Caylee" she just answers very calmly "no sir".

True. Could this be the "compelling" evidence that Baez is always referring to?

When I've heard his laugh before, I've chalked it up to a nervous thing. This time, though, it sounded positively maniacal.

Well he was playing Inspector Gadget, sleuthing and even speaking like a wanna-be LEO. I took it as him trying to be cool and play like he was on their side sort of like a toddler who puts on her mom's high heels and giggles trying to impress and fit in. JMO though:crazy:

I did research on the area a few days ago, using Google Earth, looking for 4.5 miles from the Anthony's residence, WNW or ESE. Sure enough, when I did WNW, it fell not far from Lake Underhill (just south of it) and some other lakes and parks, can't remember the names just now. Interestingly, Sawgrass Apts. is just a hop away.

Edited to add:

The park was Demetree Park, with Lakes Giles and Arnold are also nearby, as is Lake Underhill, which coincidentally falls directly under Hwy 408 (Holland E W Expressway, which is a toll road). And it's not all that far from Goldenrod and 50 where her car was found at Amscot.

Has this area been searched? I've been following Caylee's disappearance since day 1 but I can't remember now.

Your points are valid the only things is if LE had a body or at least some or all of the remains, would be even better and it would halt any reasonable doubt as to whether or not Caylee is alive. Seems to me LE would assist in a search in any way that they could and not discourage people from searching.
I've been pondering lately those four cameras at the Amscot, and what they may have captured when Casey parked her car next to their dumpster.

It does seem as if LE could be more actively searching in areas where Casey may have disposed of Caylee. So why aren't they?

Certainly resources would be a big issue, but they could have had small search teams systematically going through the ping areas for weeks.

Makes me wonder why they haven't - do they know something we don't? Did they hint to Tim Miller what they know? (We know they wouldn't tell Leonard - he blabs.)

I started to feel very sorry for Tim...until I realized that he did not apologize for his actions the night before on NG which I felt he should have done publically. Maybe not an apology to LP, but to those of us listening to this carry out out national television, especially those of us that have stood behind him all these months and years. My respect has worn thin here and this man has been among my "heros" for a very long time. I am saddened and extremely upset by his actions over the past few weeks.

How can TES complain about money constantly when they come in for a 2 day search then pack it all up to move yet again on short notice? Not once, but twice we have seen this. It costs a lot more money to skip it around the country than to stay in one place and finish what they set out to do which was to search for Caylee and Jennifer Kesse. (Did I mention I actually got into trouble for trying to get more volunteers and food out to the search site on Saturday after their "call out" needing more of both immediately?! WTH?!)

I think someone in the organization needs to re-evaluate and put their foot down on expenditures when entering into a larger search to include staying for no less than a week or so no matter what is happening behind the scenes. It costs so much more to come and go. Of course, the cost for searches is going to double or triple when you do it in tiny spurts as you move equipment and people across the country.

Did anyone hear of them going to Jennifer's condo and searching?! I haven't yet.

I don't remember reading you got into trouble for trying to assist but then, I don't read everything here, or I'd never have a life. What happened, or can you point us to your original post. please?

I thought about making the 600 mile trek to help out, but when I checked the TES website, they made it clear (to me) they really wanted experienced searchers (which I'm not) who could be leaders, plus they needed people with pickup trucks (which I don't have). I also remembered how they pulled out the first time without any notice and thought I couldn't possibly go for just one and a half days! I'd plan to stay a while since I'd be coming from a few states away. Then, again, I heard the search was abruptly halted after one and a half days! WTH? It's those inconsistencies between TM's statements and his performance that cause confusion.

While I don't have experience searching for bodies or remains, I do have experience in swamps dodging alligators and snakes. :eek:

He phoned in and said that it should be all about Caylee while breaking down crying. It wasn't an apology or at least...I didn't hear I am sorry for anything come out of his mouth unless I missed something.

I agree. At first I really thought they were holding out for a body, but my thoughts have since evolved. I think if they REALLY needed the body things would be playing out a bit differently. This is all to the chagrin of a mommy with two toddlers, who wants Caylee brought home.

Makes you wonder what LE has to have this attitude. I keep thinking about the Amscot tapes and what was on them has never been released. Mark Hacking was caught on video putting Lori into a dumpster at his work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back